im guessing he has 2 cells
for the number i origanlly had was a salem oregon number
well today when he called
it shows up as new mexcio

i know he can be such a idiot and secertive
but why 2 freaken cell phones from 2 differnt places

Sandelwood4's photo
Mon 09/19/11 06:20 PM

Ok guys. Wanted to follow up. The email was not from this site. While I love it here, I want to try to meet men in my area.laugh

So I asked him. What's with the wink wink? Are you teasing me? His answer was no, he thought it was cute. I did respond to him and let's just say, I don't think we're a match. wink wink

:tongue:

Ha ha ha .... That is excellent.

Sandelwood4's photo
Mon 09/19/11 12:44 PM

I can't find anyone who I could match with. I have too many off the wall ideas that most don't want to have anything to do with.

I have the same problem....seems like nobody wants a guy who isn't willing to turn off his brain and become a cardboard cutout....

Me three. I never get any e-mails or rarely, but I do prefer that over too many meaningless messages. I had one date so far whom I contacted.

What adds salt to the wound is when no one understand your point of view and say things that are completely inaccurate, like your expectations are too high or you really don't want to date.

I get that all the time!

They say things like "You must not really be interested in being with anybody if you won't accept someone with kids."

Rather a presumptuous leap of logic there....

What I've come to understand over the years is that, when someone says something like that, what they're REALLY saying is "I can't comprehend anyone wanting something other than what I want." Which tells me I can ignore them, because they obviously have no idea of how to see things from anyone else's perspective.

If I wanted to live in a one-way, turn-your-brain-off, let-everybody-else-make-all-your-decisions-for-you world, I would have stayed married.

Yes. It takes too much energy and time trying to make people understand. But I believe that it's a human need wanting to feel understood. We may know what we want in our hearts, and in logic we may not need people to agree with us but being not understood repeatedly can't be a healthy thing. The way I usually deal with that, to some extend, is to isolate myself. It's sad but works better than the other way. Another way is through creativity. Sometimes presenting the dilemma in writing or through video or music can make people see things they couldn't before.

I'm more or less naturally isolated, anyway, because of where I live, so it's not something I have to deal with in real life.

But I've reached the point where I don't see any real need to get into it very much anymore, anyway, since most people react with complete astonishment to the idea that someone could conceivably not want kids or not drink. They would be more receptive to the proposal that I have some mystical ability to turn into a polar bear and shoot lasers out of my eyes.

That is funny. laugh
But if you wanted, you could move to an area where there were more like minded people, right? I assume you like the secluded life.

One thing I've found from using sites which are international in scope -- there really don't seem to BE any places where there would be more like-minded people. Or, if there are, they are so far underground that no one outside of them has any inkling they even exist.

When you come across one, let me know.

Sandelwood4's photo
Mon 09/19/11 12:21 PM

I can't find anyone who I could match with. I have too many off the wall ideas that most don't want to have anything to do with.

I have the same problem....seems like nobody wants a guy who isn't willing to turn off his brain and become a cardboard cutout....

Me three. I never get any e-mails or rarely, but I do prefer that over too many meaningless messages. I had one date so far whom I contacted.

What adds salt to the wound is when no one understand your point of view and say things that are completely inaccurate, like your expectations are too high or you really don't want to date.

I get that all the time!

They say things like "You must not really be interested in being with anybody if you won't accept someone with kids."

What I've come to understand over the years is that, when someone says something like that, what they're REALLY saying is "I can't comprehend anyone wanting something other than what I want." Which tells me I can ignore them, because they obviously have no idea of how to see things from anyone else's perspective.

If I wanted to live in a one-way, turn-your-brain-off, let-everybody-else-make-all-your-decisions-for-you world, I would have stayed married.

Yes. It takes too much energy and time trying to make people understand. But I believe that it's a human need wanting to feel understood. We may know what we want in our hearts, and in logic we may not need people to agree with us but being not understood repeatedly can't be a healthy thing. The way I usually deal with that, to some extend, is to isolate myself. It's sad but works better than the other way. Another way is through creativity. Sometimes presenting the dilemma in writing or through video or music can make people see things they couldn't before.

I'm more or less naturally isolated, anyway, because of where I live, so it's not something I have to deal with in real life.

But I've reached the point where I don't see any real need to get into it very much anymore, anyway, since most people react with complete astonishment to the idea that someone could conceivably not want kids or not drink. They would be more receptive to the proposal that I have some mystical ability to turn into a polar bear and shoot lasers out of my eyes.

That is funny. laugh
But if you wanted, you could move to an area where there were more like minded people, right? I assume you like the secluded life.

That was stupid of me to say. I don't know where those like minded people really are either.ohwell

Sandelwood4's photo
Mon 09/19/11 12:16 PM

I get that all the time!

That is funny. laugh

Sandelwood4's photo
Mon 09/19/11 11:58 AM

I grew up in Germany and in the 70s there was no such thing as dating.what If you looked for the word in the dictionary you would get the fruit dates. Okay, but seriously, the way people met was a mutual discovery of interest or attraction that followed getting together either in groups or alone depending on each situation.

Then in the 80's I came to the US and learned that there was such a thing called dating and it was a strange concept to me, it still is.

Well dating is the phase that comes after all that other stuff you mentioned.

Often it doesn't seem that way though.happy I see a lot of people dating because they are lonely and not because they might have mutual interests or even attracted to each other.

Sandelwood4's photo
Mon 09/19/11 11:54 AM

If you fell in LOVE here would you move to be with your lover...or just ride it for as long as you can???

I guess I am wondering HOW strong is your LOVE and Devotion...Is love REAL without sacrifice???

I'm pretty sure I would be answering this question differently at different times in my life because it all depends on personal goals and those change at various times in your life.

So if you have fallen in LOVE are you saying you would pass up LOVE for career? Do you think you can LOVE someone who is not on board with your personal goals?

I dont think I could. I would want the man i love to be on board with my personal goals and supportive of them, otherwise we are not a match and i could not love them wholly.

I have already moved to the US because I was in love with someone and managed to finish school. I don't regret it. Although sometimes I wish I could have focused on my carrier.

If I found the perfect match and everything is mutual I would consider moving, especially if it's somewhere I always wanted to go to, but it would definitely depend on where and other circumstances.

No, I would not give up certain things that I value and that are part of my personal growth simply because I would change, and the person who fell in love with me would change how he feels about me based on that. So in other words, we would be setting ourselves up for failure. Love should never require sacrifices related to personal growth as love can never grow without personal growth.

Sandelwood4's photo
Mon 09/19/11 11:43 AM
I don't think I can help but you must have some ideas yourself since you know these women and we don't.

I can't stand it when people talk about unrelated subjects and go on and on, but this is not so much a gender related issue. I noticed people do that when they can't stand silence or are nervous.

Sandelwood4's photo
Mon 09/19/11 11:32 AM

If you fell in LOVE here would you move to be with your lover...or just ride it for as long as you can???

I guess I am wondering HOW strong is your LOVE and Devotion...Is love REAL without sacrifice???

I'm pretty sure I would be answering this question differently at different times in my life because it all depends on personal goals and those change at various times in your life.

Sandelwood4's photo
Mon 09/19/11 11:29 AM

I get that all the time!

Sandelwood4's photo
Mon 09/19/11 11:11 AM
Edited by Sandelwood4 on Mon 09/19/11 11:12 AM

Sandelwood4's photo
Mon 09/19/11 10:55 AM
I grew up in Germany and in the 70s there was no such thing as dating.what If you looked for the word in the dictionary you would get the fruit dates. Okay, but seriously, the way people met was a mutual discovery of interest or attraction that followed getting together either in groups or alone depending on each situation.

Then in the 80's I came to the US and learned that there was such a thing called dating and it was a strange concept to me, it still is.

Sandelwood4's photo
Sun 09/18/11 08:04 PM
Topic: four things that make a MAN happy

Which man? All men, meaning world population of men? Wow, we only got 7 pages? We need to add many more since every man is so different. :wink:

Sandelwood4's photo
Sun 09/18/11 07:33 PM
Here is my strange good deed:

I can see stuff from my kitchen window and one day as I was cooking I see that this guy in a black car is trying to make a u-turn in the middle of the street. He backs off in someones drive way and just as he pulls forward another car (a woman) drives by and stops because the guy is blocking the street.

Somehow the guy gets into a power struggle with the woman and continues to block her. She honks and gets frustrated but the guy won't move. Now the middle aged woman is freaking out while the guy just sits there getting off on her frustration.

I went downstairs and tried to calm her down. I told her that I saw everything and that the guy is being a complete a**h**e. I didn't want to talk to the guy because I felt all this poor woman needed was a little bit of support. She was too worked up to call the cops so she gave me her phone to call them and I did. Of course the guy split that moment.

Sandelwood4's photo
Sun 09/18/11 06:22 PM

:smile: Here wink wink is like a joke, we use it after we say something that should be silly.

Oh s!@#! He said You're a very attractive woman wink wink. I like petite and small women wink wink. Very sexy wink wink.

Wink wink is usually a sarcastic way of saying "I'm just joking". So I would either stop replying or I would admit that you're not getting his joke, could he please explain, wink wink:wink: . After all, you are very attractive etc. It is possible that he doesn't know what he means himself. So just ask and then please come back and tell us what he says.:wink:

Sandelwood4's photo
Sun 09/18/11 06:09 PM
lionsbrew: Hey, I grew up in Berlin like your siblings, and I was the black sheep in the family too. Nice summery of a large family.

Sandelwood4's photo
Sun 09/18/11 07:47 AM
Here is what my daily activities look like:
study, research, read anywhere from 6-8 books each 10 week semester, write mid terms and finals, eat, sleep, swim, walk, write & analyse dreams, mingle2/internet

Once in a while:
make short documentaries, play backgammon with my backgammon partner, hang out with my out of town friends or visit them

I'm never bored. Don't even know how to be bored but my life might seem boring to someone else.

Sandelwood4's photo
Sat 09/17/11 05:24 PM

why does this thread look familiar?....

Cause he posted the same issue several times under various headings.

Sandelwood4's photo
Sat 09/17/11 01:28 PM
Expressing my thoughts and ideas through music or videos I make.

Sandelwood4's photo
Fri 09/16/11 11:24 PM

Everyone should be selfish. If they ain't, then they are selling themselves short.

Since when do women do the majority of household duties? Where the hell was I when that went down?

That would be me. *hangs head*
I have never been selfish... YET!!!!

same! that exlains why i have NO money and no life!
I think its time for me to be a little MORE selfish!

Yes. It has to be a two way street!!
I speak from expierience, you have to think of yourself too!!!flowerforyou

I learned years ago that the only person that will take care of me is me. If that is being selfish; then call me selfish. :banana:

Very true.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 22 23