Community > Posts By > jaish

jaish's photo
Thu 07/22/21 07:58 AM

Strategic momentum appears to be with the Taliban," General Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters.

Milley said more than 200 of the 419 district centers were under Taliban control. Last month, he had said the Taliban controlled 81 district centers in Afghanistan.

It is not the fault of the U.S. or any other country for the collapse of Afghanistan to the taliban. They've had support, financially, equipment, and training for 20 years...
----
----

As per Gen. odds for 2 months to Kabul is 10 to 1

Likely a negotiated truce / take over.., say 4 months at 10 to 1

jaish's photo
Mon 07/19/21 06:38 AM

http://i.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300358345/coronavirus-we-need-to-talk-about-the-delta-variant

New study sheds light on just how infectious delta variant is compared with earlier strains .....

Thanks for the alert.

(Its time to borrow cash for a second fridge. Maybe I won't have to repay)

jaish's photo
Sun 07/18/21 11:06 PM

One fine day in the 1200s, the Danes from northern Europe attempted to invade Scotland. Scottish soldiers were sleeping as it was mid of night. The raiders were bare-footed and because of the darkness, accidentally they were stepped on the thorny thistle flower, which is abundant in Scotland.

They started to shout out of pain and this alerted the sleeping Scottish soldiers and saved them. That day onwards, the Scottish believed the thistle to be a good luck Charm, so as the 6 pence.

- from a coin collector in India who writes, 'Though my 6 pence coin depicts the acorns, the back of some six-pence coins depicts the English rose, Irish shamrock, and Welsh leek. and the Scottish thistle, because it is considered a lucky charm.'

In ancient India, nobody dared move at night, at least not stealthily because of abundance of snakes; varieties of them; hanging from trees, burrowed in anthills, warming under rocks and then there are the water snakes. If one is bitten in the dark no other go but to wait ..., to find whether it was poisonous or not.

So in ancient houses, on old farm lands; one still finds a mini-temple dedicated to 'Lord Naga'

A different when the raiders came on horsebacks.

jaish's photo
Thu 07/15/21 08:13 PM
How to wage war?
Rule 2: Don't declare, surprise the enemy.

How to retreat?
Rule 1: Like giving out a post dated cheque and rushing to the bank
to cash / clear your account immediately; then vamoose.

US troops have left Afghanistan, yes, completely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMke2bP9Cn4

Afghan government troops defending the cities.
Taliban controls surrounding provinces.

It's now a waiting game.

jaish's photo
Sun 07/11/21 07:59 AM

Taliban leader speaks to a news channel in Doha, in English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXcy7FPN2T8

sounded reasonable to me.

jaish's photo
Fri 07/09/21 08:34 PM

A barber gave a haircut to a priest one day. The priest tried to pay for the haircut, but the barber refused, saying, "you do God's work."

The next morning the barber found a dozen bibles at the door to his shop.

A policeman came to the barber for a haircut, and again the barber refused to pay, saying, "you protect the public."

The next morning the barber found a dozen doughnuts at the door to his shop.

A lawyer came to the barber for a haircut, and again the barber refused payment, saying, "you serve the justice system."

The next morning the barber found a dozen lawyers waiting for a free haircut.

jaish's photo
Thu 07/08/21 08:40 AM
Much too serious than I thought.

Sorry.

jaish's photo
Thu 07/08/21 01:46 AM
Edited by jaish on Thu 07/08/21 01:48 AM

When this thread started, 2000 troops were in Afghanistan
expected to leave by Sept. 2021, as per Biden
giving time for talks between Taliban and Afghan government.

Today, 7 July, 2021 - US troops in Afghanistan, around 100
Talks started in Tehran today --- 7/7/21

We may suppose that Iran Sanction is now lifted

jaish's photo
Thu 07/08/21 01:14 AM

President Biden came to Chicago area to talk ‘human infrastructure,’ but shooting of 3 officers brings gun violence to forefront - Chicago Tribune 7/7/2021

During his 31-minute speech at McHenry County College in northwest suburban Crystal Lake,

Biden did not reference the shooting or Chicago’s struggles to tamp down violent crime

This was his first visit to Chicago and perhaps in an effort to keep the day’s focus on his domestic agenda to make community college free, extend the child tax credit and create universal pre-K programs across the country - he made no mention or a 1 minute silence for those who died in the line of Duty.

Or, perhaps because the script writers in DC could not be contacted for a revised speech.

jaish's photo
Wed 07/07/21 07:54 AM

I don't think Biden chose Harris. Not sure if he is really capable of making decision on his own. This was undoubtedly the act of the democratic party and Biden took credit.

Insightful.

Bet on line is giving the following odds on Kamala taking over.

What year will Kamala Harris become US President?

2021 +200

2022 +400

2023 +350

2024 +350

2025 +350

Kamala Harris will become president on Wednesday, February 8, 2023.

https://www.invisiblethemepark.com/2020/11/predicting-the-date-kamala-harris-becomes-president/

Website gives reasonably convincing argument.

jaish's photo
Fri 07/02/21 09:51 PM
Edited by jaish on Fri 07/02/21 09:52 PM

... Evidence ... not allowed to enter a court room so all you liberals out there that keep saying he lost all his lawsuits you are being delusional. You can't lose a lawsuit if the courts won't even look at it.

... No POTUS in history has done as much harm to this nation in such a short time after taking office than Biden has.

I have not seen a website listing evidences yet
- just some scattered pieces - like dead people voting
- technicalities over allowing mail-in ballots / extending deadlines
- glitches in Dominion's software - (HQ - Germany)

- Neither has Rudy Giuliani submitted any comprehensive list.

I believe the courts offered time to gather evidences - but nothing substantial showed up because the Republican case was far more like accountants fighting over entries in a balance sheet while the corporation was declining ..., going bankrupt

The real issues remain elsewhere... untouchable
- Combo of Big Tech & MSM - combo of swarms of locusts & bees
Moles in Yahoo News, CNN's rag picker Costello, Fox News' turncoat, Chris Wallace

- Washington
how can federal money be used to investigate a sitting president
rofl rofl rofl

- Dem's opposition to banning flights in the initial days of Covid
Is like applying Iranian rally on ground
'Let the citizens die ...',
... if it will stir up votes ...'

(In fact getting the vaccine out was a gamble that Trump took - came too late )

One cannot prepare a courtroom case against the Swamp

Note: In fact, Biden and all his gaffes is a distraction
and thinking that attacking Biden will cage the Swamp is Dem's big time hypnotism

... What's even worst is the people who think that this is the first time it happened. Who have not said anything about the election of Bush JR. ...

..... It's all a big ongoing joke and the grief of the world will be the punch line!

jaish's photo
Wed 06/30/21 08:41 PM
I think the New York appellate court - by suspending G's license -
effectively endorsed him for a power position, maybe even as potential running mate for DT in 2024.

Here's an update:

Rudy Giuliani is endorsing Rep. Vernon Jones who's challenging Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp in the state's 2022 Republican primary.

- Wednesday fundraising dinner for in Atlanta.

Giuliani said: “The current governor has been a failure. I mean, he's had his time. He put together an election that wouldn't have passed muster in Africa, Asia, in undeveloped countries,” Giuliani said.

jaish's photo
Wed 06/30/21 07:54 PM

the Mughal empire led by Timur the Lame ...conquered most of India and established a dynasty ... they ruled for a century .... and then came the British.....who with their clever , divide and rule plan , managed to establish the greatest Empire ever....and thats how a few Englishmen overcame a few thousand of Indians.... very simple and straight forward . India was the jewel in the British Crown ..... till they parted....

Hahaha,

nice... drinker

Wiki is getting better than Alice in Wonderland.

jaish's photo
Wed 06/30/21 09:31 AM

These are all important but small empires when you compare them ... to The British Empire.... remembering "" the sun never set on the Empire""..... the repercussions of which is still felt world wide .... even till to day and into the future..... what cannot be attributed to the British Empire....???
Crystal ... check out the British Raj..... and the impact it had on India and the world ???

Ever wondered how 100,000 Englishmen, half of them civil servants, ruled over 350,000,000 Indians? Initially as East India Company and then under the Crown; and why the English were for a long time welcomed and at home in India? A part that remains - untold in the History of the Empire.

jaish's photo
Wed 06/30/21 04:27 AM

Rudy Giuliani has been suspended from practicing law in the state of New York.

In a ruling sought by the Attorney Grievance Committee of the First Judicial Department (a mid-level appellate court in the state), a five judge panel implemented an interim suspension of Giuliani’s law license, pending further AGC proceedings.

The ruling, issued Thursday, takes effect immediately.

“There is uncontroverted evidence that respondent communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large in his capacity as lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump and the Trump campaign in connection with Trump’s failed effort at reelection in 2020,” the court wrote in its decision.

“These false statements were made to improperly bolster respondent’s narrative that due to widespread voter fraud, victory in the 2020 United States presidential election was stolen from his client. We conclude that respondent’s conduct immediately threatens the public interest and warrants interim suspension from the practice of law.”

---xx

Thursday’s development is separate from an ongoing investigation into Giuliani’s dealings in Ukraine, where he may have acted as a foreign agent while serving as Trump’s personal attorney.

As part of that investigation, FBI agents seized more than 10 computers and phones in a raid on Giuliani’s home and office last month.

jaish's photo
Tue 06/29/21 07:00 PM
Thank you, Ladies..

Ten years ago, met a South Korean working in Doosan, on a Saudi project
He was telling that the South has the money and the North, the missiles
And one day, when the South and North would be unified ..., become a great power

Quite touching really, when one thinks he is living in half his Country.

just saying ...

jaish's photo
Tue 06/29/21 08:10 AM

Kim Jong-Un walks into a school in North Korea.

He asks a student, “Who is your father?”

The student replies, “The Supreme Leader, infinite in wisdom and kindness, provider and protector of the Koreans, he is our only father.”

Kim Jong beams. “Excellent. Now tell me who is your mother?”
The student doesn’t hesitate. “The Land of True Korea, outstanding in her beauty, international superpower, and redeemer of all civilisations, she is our only mother.”

Kim Jong applauds. “What a diligent student you are"; pins a medal on class teacher and leaves

Later on class teacher asks the student: "What do you want to be when you’re older?”

The student replies, “An orphan; in America.”

jaish's photo
Tue 06/29/21 07:32 AM
Good write Dust. In fact, finely balanced perspective - altogether.
:thumbsup:

jaish's photo
Mon 06/28/21 12:55 AM
Edited by jaish on Mon 06/28/21 12:56 AM
An excerpt from State of Union Address

We have, without hyperbole, the greatest fighting force in the history of the world. I’m the first president in 40 years who knows what it means to have a son serving in a war zone. Today, we have service members serving in the same war zone as their parents did. We have service members in Afghanistan who were not yet born on 9/11.

The war in Afghanistan, as we remember the debates here, were never meant to be multi-generational undertakings of nation building. We went to Afghanistan to get terrorists -- the terrorists who attacked us on 9/11. And we said we would follow Osama bin Laden to the gates of hell to do it. If you’ve been in the upper Kunar Valley, you’ve kind of seen the gates of hell.

And we delivered justice to Bin Laden. We degraded the terrorist threat of al-Qaida and Afghanistan. And after 20 years of value, valor, and sacrifice, it’s time to bring those troops home.

Even as we do, we’ll maintain over the horizon capacity to suppress future threats to the homeland. And make no mistake, in 20 years, terrorism has metastasized. The threat has evolved way beyond Afghanistan. Those of you in the intelligence committees, the foreign relation community, defense communities, you know well. We have to remain vigilant against the threats to the United States wherever they come from. Al-Qaida and ISIS are in Yemen, Syria, Somalia, other places in Africa, in the Middle East and beyond.

And we won't ignore what our intelligence agency has determined to be the most lethal terrorist threat to the homeland today: white supremacy's terrorism.

We're not going to ignore that either. My fellow Americans, look, we have to come together to heal the soul of this nation. It was nearly a year ago, before her father's funeral, when I spoke with Gianna Floyd, George Floyd’s young daughter. She's a little tyke, so I was kneeling down to talk to her so I could look her in the eye. She looked at me, she said, “My daddy changed the world.”

Well, after the conviction of George Floyd's murderer, we can see how right she was if, if we have the courage to act as a Congress. We have all seen the knee of injustice on the neck of Black Americans. Now is our opportunity to make some real progress. The vast majority of men and women wearing the uniform and a badge serve our communities and they serve them honorably.

I know them. I know they want to help meet this moment as well. My fellow Americans, we have to come together to rebuild trust between law enforcement and the people they serve, to root out systemic racism in our criminal justice system and to enact police reform in George Floyd's name that passed the House already. I know Republicans have their own ideas, and are engaged in a very productive discussion with Democrats in the Senate. We need to work together to find a consensus, but let's get it done next month by the first anniversary of George Floyd's death.

The country supports this reform, and Congress should act -- should act. We have a giant opportunity to bend the ark of the moral universe towards justice, real justice. And with the plans outlined tonight, we have a real chance to root out systemic racism that plagues America and American lives in other ways.

A chance to deliver real equity, good jobs, good schools, affordable housing, clean air, clean water, being able to generate wealth and pass it down to generations because you have an access to purchase a house. Real opportunities in the lives of more Americans, Black, white, Latino, Asian Americans, Native Americans.

So from ISIS to White Supremacy's Terrorism - without a pause.

We have a giant opportunity to bend the ark of the moral universe towards justice, real justice.

Sounds like Kamala Harris words, this 'ark of the moral universe' that needs bending
when he could have simply said like others did, 'turn the moral compass towards real justice'. But no. That would not cover the implication that 'US fighting ISIS overseas is not justifiable unless Americans erase WST at home', right?

I'm beginning to like this President's hyperbole. One may say he laid out a giant egg, or vision; depending on how one wants to read it.

jaish's photo
Sun 06/27/21 04:23 AM

The non Taliban people are screwed.

That's most Afghans.

Brief history: Taliban was created during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan by the CIA, Saudi Arabia and the Pakistan Army to fight off the Soviets. Osama bin Laden of the Laden family in Saudi Arabia was then the CIA hand to support with his tiny Arab mercenaries, to recruit Talibs, students from the orthodox mosques in the provinces and consolidate them to form the Taliban.

So it's a little like the Russian Revolution. The army from the provinces taking over the cities. Except that the civilians in the provinces, the farmers, etc. are themselves under the guns of Taliban.