Community > Posts By > Troublemaker7

Troublemaker7's photo
Tue 01/22/08 07:11 PM

To be able to love another, we must be capable of loving ourselves, first - "warts and all".
That's true. It just seems no one has given me a chance to fall in love with them

You have plenty of time, and I have no doubt you will find someone! Sometimes things come at the most unexpected times. Keep up the faith! :)

Troublemaker7's photo
Tue 01/22/08 07:10 PM
I've been in love once. It turned out that we really weren't right for each other, but I did genuinely love her.

Now I'm in a new relationship and I think I might be falling for him. We haven't said those "magic words" yet. I think it's really too soon to call love but I definitely really, really enjoy all the time I spend with him and he has said the same. We will see where life leads.

Troublemaker7's photo
Tue 01/22/08 07:06 PM

Mr.Woodcock...it sucked..laugh laugh

I totally agree

Troublemaker7's photo
Mon 01/21/08 02:55 PM
I like to have sex with my boyfriend everytime that I see him, usually at least twice a day. You have to be somewhat realistic, though, if you both have actual lives. I go to school and work full time and he has a full time job as well. That usually means we shack up for the entire weekend, Friday through Sunday, and usually have a quickie Monday morning. During the week, though, we might only see each other one other time.

It usually averages out to about 7 or 8 times a week for us, but I would say at a very minimum 4.

Troublemaker7's photo
Mon 01/21/08 02:49 PM
Edited by Troublemaker7 on Mon 01/21/08 02:50 PM

Would you....

Date a smoker???

Date someone who didn't share your religion?

Date a person who did drugs??

I am currently dating a smoker.

I don't necessarily think that we HAVE to share the same religious beliefs, but I would NOT accept someone who tried to preach to me. If we can be respectful of each other's opinions, though, I don't see a problem.

I wouldn't date anyone who did drugs on a regular basis... a little weed now and then to relax or celebrate something isn't a big deal for me.

Troublemaker7's photo
Mon 01/21/08 02:46 PM
I love a man who can take control, but who can also give some up and let me strong and independant. For me, nothing is as big of a turn off as a man who can't take the lead... and nothing is as sexy as a man in control in bed. devil

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 01/17/08 07:49 PM

You never know. Funny story (ill make it brief) my-ex was just some girl I was trying to fool around with, we had sex within 3 days of meeting eachother, I ended up in a wonderful relationship with her for 18 months and we had a very mutual and simple break up, we still are best friends (not with benefits you sicko) lol, It is difficult to tell I say....

I actually had a very similar experience. When I met my current boyriend, I was really just looking for someone to have fun and let loose with. We slept together after our 2nd "date", just over a week after we met. As a woman who really enjoys sex and was recently out of a very long term relationship (7 years), I honestly never expected it to get very serious.

He really took my breath away, though... and he still is. Not just in bed (although that is fantastic), but in totally surprising ways. He is very intelligent, funny, sarcastic, we can play together or be serious together. Some weekends we sit on the couch all day in our pajamas watching football (with several clothing-free breaks), and other weekends we will get all dressed up and he will take me to the nicest restaurant in town.

Obviously, I think my situation is unique, but I guess the moral of the story is that a love for sex does not always mean a lack of respect or potential for a real relationship.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 01/17/08 07:36 PM
I pefer to spend as much time together naked in bed as possible. :tongue:

Seriously, though... it's much better for "couples" to still also be individuals. We both had our own interests and friends before we met, and there's no reason that has to change unless someone is insecure.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 01/17/08 07:30 PM
I'm gonna take a little bit of a different approach than everyone else here. I think love is a word that is thrown around far too much and far too soon. To me, love is something that develops in a relationship when you really trust someone, when you have a strong committment, and when you feel "at home" where ever you are as long as you're with them. Real love is something you choose, something you work at, and something that isn't the same as infatuation, obsession, butterflies, or lust. While all of those things are fun, make you smile, and make you feel like you're on top of the world, true love is when the other person is your world. Love is when you know someone inside and out, flaws and all, and you still can't imagine anyone else completing you any better.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 01/17/08 07:20 PM
I always like to wait it out and let him call me. The way society is today if a woman makes the first call she appears "desperate" or "clingy". If I'm into someone, I usually give them my number and wait and see what kind of impresson I made. To me, this lets him know that I'm independent, not needy, and if he doesn't want to call me then I'm not going to worry about it.

When I'm getting a call from a guy, I think 2 days is a good amount of time. If it's done right, a call before that or after is not bad, either. For example, my current boyfriend called me not that long after we left one another to make sure I got home alright because it was late. He waited a few days, then sent me a text to say he really enjoyed meeting me, then we talked and set up a second date. Of course that wasn't the only thing that grabbed my attention, but he really played his cards well, which made things very smooth and easy.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 01/17/08 07:09 PM
You should definitely kiss on a first date if you are attracted to the person. We're all adults here, and a little kissing is a nice way to explore one another. Plus, you gotta make sure he's not a face slobberer so you don't waste another date. laugh

Troublemaker7's photo
Sat 01/05/08 03:09 PM
That sounds like an excellent romantic evening in for someone that you're comfortable with and have been seeing for at least a little while. If my boyfriend of 2 months did that it would be very sweet and he would definitely be rewarded.

If someone did that on the first date, though, I would be running the other direction as quickly as possible. There is too much familiarity and intimacy built into that plan. I would immediately feel uncomfortable and like the man was either desperate, clingy, or just trying to get into my pants. The first few dates should be somewhere neutral that allows easy conversation, a chance to get to know one another, and a feeling of safety for the woman.

You've obviously got a good head for romance, but make sure that you don' take things too fast. Even a fantastic date at the wrong time can send the completely wrong signal and leave you dateless.

Troublemaker7's photo
Sat 01/05/08 08:09 AM

I have to ask, again, how would you all feel is HE was 43 and SHE was 19?huh

Well... My situation is pretty close. I'm 22 and he's 43. Surprisingly, so far we haven't gotten any negative comments about it. I've met his family, he's met mine, and my friends all think he's great for me. Who knows what people say behind our backs, but I don't really worry about how other people feel. All I know is he makes me hot! :tongue:

Troublemaker7's photo
Sat 01/05/08 07:29 AM

I think that most men want a multiple personality woman. They want them nice, but not too nice. They want a lady when they are "out," a kind and loving one during the day, a "*****" when someone picks on them, and a "whore" in the bedroom. And, they want the woman to know when to be what and when not to be what, without any hints or advice. sounds a lot like what a woman wants in a man, doesn't it?laugh laugh laugh

Right on!!! You hit the nail on the head. Nobody is just one thing... "nice" or "naughty" or "sweet" or "funny". If you only hve one thing going for you, then that's the problem right there. Guys and girls both wat the same thing- someone who knows how to have fun and let loose sometimes, who can be gentle and romantic or a total freak in bed, someone to laugh with and talk to, who can be serious or a goofball. You have to have a balance, and if you are telling yourself all you are is the "nice guy" or "nice girl" then you're selling yourself short.

Troublemaker7's photo
Sat 01/05/08 07:18 AM
A litte bit of bad makes a guy interesting. Someone that is nice all the time is boring. I'm not looking for a raging madman, but I like a guy with a little kick, some sarcasm, and a bit of an edge. You can still be a good man and be a bad boy sometimes. The other thing is that someone who is nice all thetime seems fake or like they are putting up a front. Either that, or like a robot with no emotions. I'm not saying you should turn into an asshole, but some women like a little adventure and don't want someone that is too predictable and safe.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 01/03/08 03:45 PM
I am 22 years old and my boyfriend is 43. We started dating about 2 months ago, and I was a little bit freaked out at first. The thing is, this is a fantastic relationship. It is really more about how you connect than age. There is a difference when you date someone older, but its mostly about a lack of drama. If you really like ths woman, don't let the age difference scare you.

Troublemaker7's photo
Wed 12/05/07 02:19 PM
Believe me man, you would much rather have a girl that everyone tries to hit on than one that no one notices at all. This just means that you have great taste in women. And it should also tell you that she has chosen you not because you're the only one she can get but because you're the only one that she wants.

Troublemaker7's photo
Mon 12/03/07 02:08 PM
Dishonesty is NOT a good way to start a relationship of any kind. If he's lies to you right away then I say run the other direction as fast as you can! He could have manned up and told the truth that night and then you would have been able to make an honest decision about him. Now there's really no way you can ever trust anything he tells you. Bad news.

Troublemaker7's photo
Mon 11/19/07 06:47 PM

I fall in love fast, but just as she's starting to love me with all her heart I'm not that deeply in love anymore.

This is exactly me... I have a tendancy to fall headfirst into relationships. When I first meet someone I like the first few weeks are a mad rush of thoughts and emotions, then once that wears out a little I start to notice the things that I was over-looking before. By that point they are entangled in my web and I have to be the one who cuts them loose. The odd thing is that is the exact opposite of how I am with everything else. I normally over-think and over-analyze things.

It's not really that great of a way to start a relationship, so lately I've been trying to slow my own libido down and take a hard look before I take that step. I can't say that I've been that successful, but at least now I'm making the effort to examine myself and do a little more thinking when it comes to the people I date.

Troublemaker7's photo
Mon 11/19/07 06:19 PM
Edited by Troublemaker7 on Mon 11/19/07 06:21 PM
That's a very good question. I think if it's only been 3 weeks it can be difficult to judge right now whether you're ready for something else long-term. If you start a relationship there is the possibility that you could just be latching onto that person because they make you feel good. "Rebound" relationships can sometimes be deceiving because it's more about you than the person you're wih. On the other end of that scenario, you don't want to close yourself off emotionally and miss out on something really great. If you think that there is something special with someone, don't let the timeframe be the only thing stopping you. We can help give you some feedback, but you will really have to think about where you are mentally and what you are looking for. If you think you're ready for another long-term relationship, then go for it. The casual dating scene is not for everyone and there's nothing wrong with keeping your future in mind.

1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 12