Community > Posts By > Troublemaker7

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 11:51 AM
I have been in a toxic relationship, and I didn't even realize it until it was over. I was constantly giving, she was constantly taking, and there was so much drama. Now that I've got the real thing I can hardly believe I put up with anything else.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 11:48 AM

People of lower intelligence tend to gravitate towards younger partners so that they might be more equal. The younger generation is more laid back and has less life experience, their lack of it tends to make even a borderline intellectual functioning person seem worldly to them.

Really.

Not to be sexist, but this tends to be older men and younger women. Not at all women and younger men. At least, not in my experience.

I will have to whole-heartedly disagree with these statements for a number of reasons. First, they are far too broad and based in ignorance. I am 23 dating a 44 year-old. He is highly intelligent, as am I. I own my own home, am an office manager full-time, and go to college full-time on a full scholarship. He is definitely not scraping the bottom to find someone as stupid as him... Second, I do not have less world experience. In fact, I probably have more than you. I have traveled to over 15 different countries, I have loved, lost, and experienced all sorts of things that many people never have. I am not attracted to him because he is "a borderline intellectual functioning person" who seems "worldly" and he is not attracted to me because I am stupid or naive. Sometimes age is just that... how long a person has lived on this world. You can't judge someone just based on that.

Hmmm. Sensitive are you? The statements are very broad, yet not at all based on ignorance. I think you may have read too much into my statements. Truly. Don't take it so personally....

What kind of facts are they based on then? It's not that I'm taking your statements personally so much as I truly dislike stereotyping. It really gets to me because it is almost never based in reality or experience.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 11:46 AM

People of lower intelligence tend to gravitate towards younger partners so that they might be more equal. The younger generation is more laid back and has less life experience, their lack of it tends to make even a borderline intellectual functioning person seem worldly to them.

Really.

Not to be sexist, but this tends to be older men and younger women. Not at all women and younger men. At least, not in my experience.

I will have to whole-heartedly disagree with these statements for a number of reasons. First, they are far too broad and based in ignorance. I am 23 dating a 44 year-old. He is highly intelligent, as am I. I own my own home, am an office manager full-time, and go to college full-time on a full scholarship. He is definitely not scraping the bottom to find someone as stupid as him... Second, I do not have less world experience. In fact, I probably have more than you. I have traveled to over 15 different countries, I have loved, lost, and experienced all sorts of things that many people never have. I am not attracted to him because he is "a borderline intellectual functioning person" who seems "worldly" and he is not attracted to me because I am stupid or naive. Sometimes age is just that... how long a person has lived on this world. You can't judge someone just based on that.

HERE! HERE!!!!!! I would LOVE to have a friend like YOU!!!!!

love love love love love love love love love

You got it!! :)

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 11:44 AM
I guess I'll be the one non-traditional girl in here. My current boyfriend and I have been together almost 10 months. We had sex a little over a week after we met. It worked out for me just fine. I'm just constantly horny! :tongue:

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 11:30 AM
Edited by Troublemaker7 on Thu 08/21/08 11:39 AM

Really.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 11:18 AM
That is an excellent question that I really wish one of those people would answer!!!! What else do I have to do to let everyone know I'm not available?

Troublemaker7's photo
Wed 08/20/08 06:30 AM
Happy Birthday babe!!!

I hope that your birthday brings you as much happiness as you bring me… although I highly doubt that’s possible. Even though I won’t be here to make your birthday special, you will be in my thoughts the whole time I’m gone. And what thoughts they are… ;) You light my heart on fire and turn me on with just a glance. I love falling asleep with you, cuddling up to you at night, and waking up to you in the morning. I love watching you sleep, then kissing you awake. One call, one thought about you, even one glance at your picture when it comes up on my screen saver can start me grinning like a fool for hours. It’s the thousand small things that you do every day and all the little moments. When you make me laugh until it hurts. When we snuggle on the couch and you lightly touch my leg. When you tease me and call me goofy. When you hold me tight or call me for no reason at all.

It’s funny how when you’re not even looking you can find just what you’ve always wanted. No present I could give you or letter I could write would ever compare to what you give me every day. Sometimes I think that you can’t see all the wonderful thing about yourself that I do. If you could look through my eyes, even for just a minute, you’d understand. Each moment I spend with you the walls I’ve been building my whole life crumble. It’s so hard for me to be vulnerable, and even harder to admit I can’t ever be perfect. You see my flaws and love me despite them, or maybe even because of them. I know I don’t have to be perfect when I'm with you... because imperfect me is the person you love.

I don’t know if I tell you enough just how amazing you are. It’s true, even if it’s corny. I could probably list the things I love about you all day long, which is wonderful and scary all at the same time. I love your humor, your intelligence, your sarcasm. I love that you are honest, sweet, ticklish, genuine, sexy as hell. You’re confident, responsible, a hard worker who can let loose and party. I love the way the smell of coffee lingers in my house for hours after you’re gone. I love that you call me when you’re frustrated or stuck in traffic or just needing to vent. It lets me know that I can make you smile no matter what, the same way you do for me. I love how the time we spend apart makes us want each other that much more. There are so many things I could say, but I think you get the picture. :)

You are an extraordinary man, and I am so lucky to have you in my life. It’s truly a pleasure in every sense of the word. I can only hope to celebrate many more birthdays with you.

I love you, Chris.

-Steph

Troublemaker7's photo
Fri 08/08/08 04:54 AM

They always blow it...

Maybe not... Give you a chance not to and you may be surprised. :) :heart: smooched flowerforyou

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 07/31/08 05:06 PM
I really agree with the majority of the posters here. The way to get to know your boyfriend's inner thoughts and feeling is not to dig through stuff in the closet. It's to talk to him. Really open up and share. If you can't do that, what's the point of the relationship? It's just two people sharing a house and a bed who really don't know each other's true feelings. That's the sad part for me.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 07/31/08 05:02 PM

Hmm nice question Mirror...

I think you can love someone yes.. can you be IN love with them and have a relationship with them with out trusting them no way...JMO

I suppose in the case of family thatcoul be true...

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 07/31/08 05:01 PM
Absolutely not. True love involves really being vulnerable with someone. You can't do that if you don't trust them because your guard will always be up, you will always be suspicious, and never truly allow yourself to be comfortable with them.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 07/31/08 09:26 AM
That really depends on the couple. Some couples have two people who are willing, able, and have the desire to manage the finances. More common, though, there is only one person like that. Unfortunately, there are also couples where neither know anything about finances... hence the high debt and foreclosure rates!

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 07/31/08 09:07 AM
Problems communicating

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 07/31/08 09:01 AM
It makes my heart flutter just to be around you. One call, one glance at your picture on my screen saver, even one thought about you can start me grinning like a fool for hours.

It was so very nice to wake up with you in my bed this morning. To watch you sleep, then kiss you awake. To snuggle in your arms and postpone my day as much as possible. It is pure bliss. Sitting in my cube in the office, all I can do is remember, smile, get lost in my thoughts of you, and wait breathlessly for lunch when you're coming to take me out.

Right now my mind is replaying the time before I left for work when you were outside with my puppies. I love watching you through the screen door as they crawl all over you, fighting to be the one that gets the first kiss. Hearing you call yourself "Daddy" to my dogs sent a bolt of electricity through me that warms me to the core. It couldn't make me happier to see the way you love being a part of my life. Because I truly love being a part of yours.

Troublemaker7's photo
Tue 07/29/08 10:03 AM

Ahhhhhh I love all these merciless answers. Too funny that human nature won't GIVE a 2nd chance but sure will TAKE one rofl

good point Fade & we still don't know what the second chance is for? c'mon people lighten up...until we know...

I don't know about everyone else on here, but it does work both ways for me. I don't allow myself to start pining for something that was... I only look forward.

Troublemaker7's photo
Mon 07/28/08 08:14 PM
Once that door is closed, I nail gun it shut, shove a dresser in front of it, and pretend it was never there. If it didn't work the first time, I'm certainly not trying it again.

Troublemaker7's photo
Mon 07/28/08 08:12 PM
Everything is so comfortable and fun and perfect with you. You still light my heart on fire and turn me on with a glance. I love falling asleep with you and cuddling up to you at night and waking up to you in the morning. I love how the time we spend apart makes us want each other that much more.

I love how you call me at least once every day. I love it even more that you do it because you want to hear my voice, not because I have ever asked you to. I love the time we get to be with each other, and when we snuggle on the couch. I love how you take care of my itchy bug bites. I love making you lunches. Every little moment with you is really spectacular.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 07/17/08 09:36 AM
Someone here said confidence, and that is definitely a huge key!! Don't mistake arrogance for confirdence, though because that is a gigantic turn off.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 07/17/08 09:27 AM
If I didn't have three of my own already, I'd be all over it!! She looks just like my little cocker spaniel, same color and everything. :)

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 07/17/08 09:23 AM

hmmmmm....... But ppl usually play the game so they arent taken as "easy" which makes sense, since the girl who makes you work for it usually catches most guys interest and vice versa. No girl will go for a guy who just says right away, "Im interesting in dating you", and if they do.... well...... desperate?

What is wrong with telling someone straight up that you are interested in dating them? You will know the honest response, either way. It does NOT make a woman desperate if she finds honesty refreshing. It's only creepy if the person is claiming undying love immediately. If that's the case, I also would like to know they are a psycho nutbag right away!!