Community > Posts By > Troublemaker7

Troublemaker7's photo
Fri 08/22/08 07:33 AM

To start out with, I have not dated much in these last few years. The women that I have dated seem to be possessive. And I have tried to date outside of my desires. (Older, younger, wiser and just different)
The women after about two weeks want me to give up my whole life for them and do only things that they want to do; as in only going out to their friends, spending all my time with them, or only doing what interest them. The last three out of the four I have dated even wanted me to give up all of my friends for them. And I have only dated four women.
So my question is what is up with the dating thing? They want to get married within a week of dating, well they start talking about marriage. Planning my next visit and even asking me to move in. I really don't understand the rush; shouldn't we get to know each other first?

I think it has to do more with the people you are dating than with you. I feel the same as you... there is no rush to get to the serious stuff. It may be that the women you have been with are hearing their biological clock ticking and just want to get to the family part. Or it could be that they have been out o the dating game a while, too, and want to hold onto the first guy they can get their hands on.

Troublemaker7's photo
Fri 08/22/08 07:28 AM
I think all men secretly want the same kind of raomance that women do. They are just more guarded of heir emotions and their hearts. Like other posters have pointed out, men are conditioned not to show as much emotion as women, but that doesn't mean they don't have them. In my experience, when a man falls, he falls hard. Even within a committed relationship, men often wait for the woman's lead. They are feeling love and desire and passion, but they wait for the woman to say "I love you" first because we're the "emotional" ones. Oh, they don't mind initiating sex, but for all the "lovey dovey" stuff they let their woman set the pace. Let them loose and the flood gates open.

My boyfriend has been hurt before by someone he was deeply in love with and had spent 3 years with. Even though I could tell how much he loved me, I could also feel him holding back and protecting himself. On his birthday I wrote him a wonderful letter about what he means to me and how I feel about him. It was like a switch was flipped. Where before he reserved his "I love you" for special moments and every once in a while, he now tells me every day, sometime more than once. He hugs me tighter, buys me roses, and isn't afraid anymore to really let me know how he feels. It was all there the whole time, but he didn't let it all out until he felt safe to express it.

Troublemaker7's photo
Fri 08/22/08 07:15 AM

Niether one won they both stated thier opion and that is that.

This is suppose to be an Adult dating so why do't everyone started acting like adults.

If its adult then why dont you look for an adult woman instead of a baby that just got (if that) from her parents house...........please that is just weak.................you arent mature enough to date a woman your own age and maybe you just need to admit that so the mature women wont have to bother with you...............

I know many women under the age of 23 as a result of going to college. There are some very intelligent mature women who are young. It is fair to say they lack life lessons which come only with experience. However the young women I have met have a very strong sense of who they are. I know some very mature younger women. If this wasn't the case then the age someone becomes an adult would be higher.

Perhaps you look back at yourself being that age and ask why you did something. If so, not everyone is you. By all means share your experience but applying that to every person I find faulty thinking. I could never be with someone who was immature or lacked intelligence. I'm sure there are predatory men who wouldn't mind. I'd be against those relationships too.

Regardless of your background you are not mature and experienced enough to make mature decisions........experience = age =time........and that isnt the case when you have a young girl/or boy who havent had that.........when an adult decides that they are going to have a relationship with a immature adult (young adult) im not faulting the young woman/man but the adult because they are being manipulative, coniving, deceitful, and controlling...........you wouldnt have these factors if you chose someone your age because they would tell you who you are through life experiences.............please dont think that women are fooled by age aint nothing but a number.......yeah its that way when you dont know any better and the mature guy/girl is telling you that.........its a bunch of bs and you need help if you are the mature one..............its the same way men look for mail order brides because all these girls are clueless and they are vulnerable.......that is called a mans dream............

I would like to know what age you are referring to. I suppose in some cases of very young women around 18 that may be true. However, I think you are wrong on one key thing. Experience doesn't necessarily just come with time and age. I know plenty of "older" people in their 30s and 40s who have never traveled out of their home town, who don't make the effort to go out and date, who sit at home alone watching TV and typing on forums all day. Many people like that have little or no experience with what it means to live in the real world.

On the other hand, I know many people in their 20s who have experienced hard times and had to grow up fast, who have gone out on their own and made a place in the world, who have been hurt and learned from it, and who continue to put themselves out there instead of withdrawing away from the world like so many "older" people I know. I had already traveled to 13 countries in Europe (which I paid for by myself from working since age 15) and bought my own house by the time I was 19. That's more than many "older" people have done. I believe I am more an exception than a rule, but like another person who posted here, I know many other people my age who are very mature. Maybe some kids take handouts from their parents, but many more choose to strike out on their own, and still more have parents with nothing to hand out.

That being said, I can see both sides. Sometimes there are cases where younger women who are still in their teens get taken advantage of. This can be by older men or by men their age. The women who can't make their own decisions tend to get hurt and used no matter who they "hook up" with. In my opinion and experience (doubt it if you will), when two mature adults enter into a relationship it doesn't matter how much of an age difference there is. The problems only arise when one or both of them don't have a firm understading of what the relationship is r what to expect. Problems can happen in any relationship, and people can get hurt. That's the nature of them. Age difference is just one of the many compatibility factors that go into a relationship. It might not work for everyone, but sometimes it does and it's beautiful.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 07:27 PM
Curious is one thing... But if you are in a committed, exclusive relationship it shouldn't go any further. If you aren't happy with what you have or you still have questions about your sexuality, it's always better to not be attached to anyone.

This is speaking from the experience of a bisexual woman. If you're still looking around for something more, you haven't found what you want.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 07:22 PM

In my observation Men are the ones who TRUELY fall in love while women are more in love with the IDEA of being in love.

I'm not saying women don't know what love is, just that when guys know they KNOW. I think a lot of times women just want it so bad they mistake thier strong feelings for love.

This is definitely true for my sister!!

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 07:19 PM
After several months and an impromptu sleepover, my boyfriend told me I should keep some stuff at his place. I left several outfits, some shoes, etc. for those mornings when I woke up there and had to go to work. Then, about 9 months in when I went out of town for work, he stayed at my house to take care of my dogs. I came back to a ton of his stuff at my house because he had been doing laundry there. Now I've got most of his clothes in a drawer in my dresser. I really like having his stuff here, and it feels like this is a new "phase" in our relationship. Am I over-thinking this?

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 07:13 PM
I'm sure they can, but they choose not to. They just see a warm body online and start sending stupid messages.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 07:10 PM

Usually the women get freaked out and think we're being "clingy" lol.

Only if it happens too fast! Get the timing right and we'll be yours forever.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 07:03 PM
What kind of things do you keep at your girlfriend/ boyfriend's house? At what point do you start leaving things? Do you ask or get invited, or leave something "accidentally" after a sleepover?

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 06:09 PM

it's best to keep independent places for a while
until you are spending so much time together that
one of you will likely have to decide whether to
renew a lease - then the subject will come up naturally.

if there are two houses it gets more complicated
but usually one residence is more desirable and
it will be time for a long term commitment by both
partners.

if there is financial stress sometimes this precipitates
a decision but it's not ideal to have to make such a
move under duress.

as many have noted here, there are often legal
ramifications to moving in together which should be
understood and considered.

but usually it is good to maintain your independence
until it comes up naturally. if the relationship is
going really well then one can bring up the topic at
any time! either party. communicate!!

flowerforyou

Those are all exceppent points! You have a way of summarizing things very well. And you are absolutely right about one important thing - Communicate! My boyfriend and I brought up that subject pretty early on. He has been burned before (as you said, there are legal ramifications of living with someone and when things go bad they can go very bad), so he will not be ready to move in with someone again until he is ready for marriage. Knowing things like that help us both to put the relationship and future in perspective.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 06:04 PM

we should be wary of narrow minded people as welldrinker

I agree. :)

All I can say to you...........hey everyone has to learn their own way and sometimes it might have to be the hard way..............handle that

My reply was just in general to his statement. I know that everyone finds their own truth. Yours is based on your experience and mine is based on the experiences I have had. I am totally okay with someone having their own opinions, especially when they can recognize it's not the only one. flowerforyou

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 05:56 PM

When do you feel is the right time to discuss taking that next step? I'm in no rush but im just curious to know other people's input. When is discussing this topic appropriate without scaring the other person?

laugh what

Very good question... Especially for two independant adults. How do you decide who moves in with who? What happens if one or both of you have a mortgage? Moving in can be very complicated and it's a big committment. I don't really have any blanket answers. It really depends on your relationship.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 05:53 PM

we should be wary of narrow minded people as welldrinker

I agree. :)

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 05:32 PM

Troublemaker7 you are far more mature in your posts. You have proved your point. I declare you the winner. drinker

Well, thanks. :) I wasn't really looking to win or lose, I just like to speak up when I think differently. Anyways. Sorry to run out on everyone, but I lost track of time and had to go to class. Hope everyone's night is great!!

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 12:36 PM
"My original post was a joking jab at the OP, in that he had to be stupid to want to go out with a child."

All you do is provie my points for me... So thanks. His age range did not include children, and you just said exactly what I was trying to prove-- Your insinuation is that all people who date much younger than themselves are stupid.

I believe it is you who needs to grow up.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 12:33 PM

the post gave the impression that you felt that
ALL large age difference relationships were based
on this pathology

but now i see where you are coming from...

i'm sure that this is the case in some instances also
like the teacher pregnant from her minor student for
example...

but well - these are sick puppies.

i'm also sure that in most instances it is purely
who you find mutually attractive on an emotional,
intellectual, and physical level regardless of age.

which is what troublemakers like me might point out

:wink:

of course anyone who would waste their time on
online dating forums like this has got to have some
screws loose too...

laugh

but that's a WHOLE other thread...

laugh

rofl Love it

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 12:29 PM
I am only being as argumentative as you are. You say your opinion is based on the mentally unstable and sexual offenders. That might be your day-to-day reality, but it's not the overall reality of the world we live in. The probalem I have is with your generalizations of all people.

Your original post was a reply to a gentleman who said he wants to date someone younger. There was no mention of someone who is mentally unstable or handicapped. You now are trying to say your comments were only aimed at those with IQs under 90, but that wasn't the context of your original post. You were generalizing all men who date younger women as people of low intelligence who want someone with less experience. That is what I take issue with.

If you are going to go off on a completely different topic (i.e. discussing the mentally ill instead of the normal guy who dates younger), then start a new thread. What you are saying now sounds like back-peddling to me.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 12:18 PM

I guess I'll be the one non-traditional girl in here. My current boyfriend and I have been together almost 10 months. We had sex a little over a week after we met. It worked out for me just fine. I'm just constantly horny! :tongue:

WOW!!!!! Any more around like you?????

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I don't know. I like to think I'm unique!! happy

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 12:16 PM

My statement is based on reality and experience, and my post did indicate that. If it was read objectively.
Perhaps, if you took umbrage with what I wrote, a better way to respond might possibly have been to ask on what I based my post?

Funny... you talk about not reading and suggest I ask questions when my last post started with "What kind of facts are they based on then?". You come back with only vauge, general statements and assume you know whether or not I was "objective." I think it may be you who is not.

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 08/21/08 11:53 AM

when it is right it just seems to work out that the
time you want to spend with them is magically the
time they also want to spend with you. but everyone
needs to have a certain amount of outside interests,
and everyone needs friends, so for me anyway - in a
sense my whole life changed, the focus of my life
changed, but my outside activities, friends and
relationships didn't really change much at all and
it was pretty stress free until we had kids!!

laugh laugh laugh

Perfectly put!