Community > Posts By > Troublemaker7

Troublemaker7's photo
Mon 01/05/09 05:12 PM
I don't think so. There is no substitute for a human being. Sometimes the unexpected, quirky things are the best things about someone.

Troublemaker7's photo
Mon 01/05/09 05:10 PM
Very much so! Make a decision already

Troublemaker7's photo
Sat 01/03/09 08:24 PM
That really depends. There could be a ton of different scenarios where my answer would change. What if they are bigots or prejudiced in some way? My family is very, very important to me, but I can't see myself not being with someone I love because of them.

Troublemaker7's photo
Sat 01/03/09 08:21 PM

... Best thing is to talk kindly to him about you knowing it's hard what he is trying to do... be as understanding as you possibly can. He may feel bad that he is slipping up also and is ashamed and actually beating himself up over it even more and that is why he may not like to talk about it.

I think you are absolutely right. He wants to please me so much that even though he should know it wouldn't really bother me, I don't think he wants to me to see his weaknesses. Since he obviously can't make the first move to talk about this, I think that I need to, in the most understanding and suposrtive way I can.

Troublemaker7's photo
Sat 01/03/09 08:09 PM

you said you found an empty carton. I quit almost 1 yr ago and while cleaning my truck out I found a lot of empty ones. maybe he just didnt through it away. just a thought

Good thought, but it was in his brand new coat that I gave him for Christmas.

Troublemaker7's photo
Sat 01/03/09 08:00 PM

smokin Whoa.smokin Has it been a long time since he told you he was quitting?smokin Maybe he just relapsed.smokin

He "officially" quit on November 2nd. He has never really told me he was having problems except in the first 2 or 3 weeks. He even told a bunch of his friends on New Years Eve that he doesn't smoke anymore when they were going out for a smoke.

It's just strange... It feels like a lie, which makes me kinda mad. But on the other hand, I feel like maybe he's just embarrased or something.

Troublemaker7's photo
Sat 01/03/09 07:57 PM
I feel like that sometimes. I think we all do. I'm trying to work through some of the same things. I think it really helps to try to see yourself through the eyes of the people who love you. Your friends, family, etc.

Troublemaker7's photo
Sat 01/03/09 07:55 PM
I don't understand sometimes why it's so hard for some people to just be honest.

I have the best boyfriend in the whole world. He loves me so much and I know he would do anything for me. We used to be able to talk about anything and everything so easily.

Now even the little things seem hard. He quit smoking on our 1 year anniversary because it's something he's been wanting to do for his health. He came up the idea all by himself. I has never even said I wanted him to stop. He told me he wanted to do it for himself and for me. I knew it would be really hard for him because he's been smoking so long.

Today when I was looking for his cell phone to answer a call for him I found an empty carton of cigarettes. I've been trying to see how he's doing with quitting, and he doesn't ever want to talk about it. Finding this makes me wonder why it's so hard for him to just tell me he's having a hard time quitting. Doesn't he know that it really doesn't matter to me if he slides a little bit here and there?

What can you do to make someone really be honest? I don't know how to approach this. It's such a stupid little thing, but I feel kinda hurt that he won't let me in. I really want him to be able to talk to me. How?

Troublemaker7's photo
Sat 01/03/09 03:49 PM
Not really in the long run. You don't want to date someone who is exactly like you, but being totally different doesn't work, either. There have to be some core things that you have in common with each other to make a relationship work out.

Troublemaker7's photo
Sat 01/03/09 03:44 PM
Sometimes I am amazed when I think about how much you love me. You are everything I've ever wanted, and I'm afraid that I might mess it up.

I think you are right that I can be insecure sometimes. Maybe not the way you were thinking... what girl doesn't put on makeup... but I don't ever think that I'm good enough. When I lose weight, I can't be happy, I have to worry about losing more. When someone tells me I'm beautiful, I secretly think about all the ways they are wrong.

I also have some trust issues. I don't know why, but when things start going really great for a while I start to think that I can't really be making the other person happy. When that doubt starts, I wonder about their every move. What are they doing online? Who are they hanging out with? Where are they going? I know it's ridiculous, so I hold it back as much as I can.

The worst thing about that is I create situations where there weren't any to begin with. My mind goes crazy and I do things that aren't fair or set myself up to get hurt. No matter how fantastic someone is, they are bound to mess up at some point. When you do, I take it as some type of confirmation that I'm not good enough or you aren't, and I blow it up way bigger than it needs to be because I stew on things. The craziest part of all of that is that you are the most faithful man I've ever known and I know you would never do anything to hurt me.

When you told me on New Year's Eve that you love me with every piece of yourself, there was so much honesty and raw emotion that I have no doubt that is exactly how you feel. I feel the same way about you, and I know you will help me see the wonderful person inside of me that you see.

Troublemaker7's photo
Tue 12/23/08 01:57 PM
Edited by Troublemaker7 on Tue 12/23/08 01:57 PM

:smile: What is the best advice you could give to someone in a relationship?:smile:

Have fun with it! If you take yourself too serious too fast there is nothing but bad news down the road.

Troublemaker7's photo
Tue 12/23/08 01:46 PM
Looking at engagement rings last night has gotten me so excited. I am floating on air. love

I have always been afraid that I wouldn't be able to cry on my wedding day because I am so guarded and cover my emotions. Last night provide to me that won't be the case. Just thinking about spending forever with you makes me so happy I almost started crying right now.

Troublemaker7's photo
Mon 12/22/08 08:40 PM

flowerforyou Can you disagree with your partner/spouse/significant other and not have a big fight?flowerforyou

Absolutely!!! Every healthy, mature relationship should be that way. We're not the same person, and I wouldn't want us to be.

Troublemaker7's photo
Mon 12/22/08 08:39 PM
Yes, I believe I do know the feeling of being loved unconditionally. It's amazing, especially when you feel like you don't really deserve it.

Troublemaker7's photo
Mon 12/01/08 09:12 PM

I'd never marry anyone I just told I loved but wasn't in love with.

Me either...but maybe that was what she was looking for a year or two ago, then realizing, or knowing it was never going to be, she decided she should move on.

Honestly? This lady should have been communicating with him. It seems so sad.

I absolutely agree, but communication is a two way street. Both people have to work at it to make it work. Sounds like there may have been some communication problems on both ends if he didn't express his concerns. Things like this are usually gradual slides... No one says anything as the whole relationship slowly crumbles, and before you know it, there's nothing left of what was there in the beginning.

Troublemaker7's photo
Mon 12/01/08 09:06 PM

He's a really good guy but he's just unaware of my secret fondness for romanticism.I don't want to come out because i'll feel cheesy and like a dork.

Normally with my group of friends i'm very anti-love, I don't believe in the concept of it(it just being chemicals) other then self-love, etc.

I hate chick flicks,songs, or anything that deals with what I refer to as the "L" word.
"love" is the only curse word in my book that always gives me a nasty shiver.

But I secretly like some degree of romance. It's just very contradicting to who I am or my "image". So it's kinda complicated.

Believe me, I know exactly what you mean, but it's really not as complicated as you think. I am also someone who has always been serious and logical and felt that "love" is more than some corny feeling in a movie. We don't have the same exact situation, but I know it can be hard to be vulnerable.

From my experience, you should just take the "leap of faith" so to speak. If he's really worth it and you really want to make the relationship work, you have to be willing to be a cheesy dork with him. It feels totally awkward at first, but then you realize when you open up and are honest it draws people toward you.

From what you say, you are making it very hard for him to know you want romance. In fact, you might be giving him the impression that if he offers you romance, you will think he is silly.

The bottom line here is you need to actually be real with him. Like others have said, don't "drop hints," actually tell him what would make you happy. It doesn't have to be a deep, serious conversation, but you do need to be honest. Say something like, "Hey babe, how bout you take me out on the town and show me a good time? I could really use some fun, and you're the just the person to make my day better." Or maybe, "I'm pretty hungry. Did you hear about that great new place down the street? Or maybe you know of somewhere good you'd like to take me." Even, "I really like spending time with you, and you know how much I like fooling around...:tongue: Sometimes it would be nice if we put on some corny music, lit a bunch of candles, and really took our time."

Only you know what feels comfortable and natural in your conversations with him, but no matter how you do it, you need to let him know.

Troublemaker7's photo
Mon 12/01/08 08:52 PM
You are the most amazing man I have ever met. You are so perfect for me, which is to say that you're brand of crazy totally compliments my brand of crazy. happy

You know that I can be a big flirt sometimes, but you also know that it is totally harmless because my heart belongs to you completely. It's so great how we can both be 100% ourselves with each other. We mesh so well, and you make me happier than I ever imagined I could be.

When you told me Friday night that you will have a ring for me by March, you made my heart fly. I can't wait until the day I can call you my fiance. love When I picture our wedding day, it fills me up with so much love that I want to cry. :heart:

I doodle our names on paper like a school girl and practice my new signature as Stephanie Bowles. I know I'm a big sappy dork. blushing You know it, too, and you make me so comfortable just being myself.

I'm the luckiest girl alive! love

Troublemaker7's photo
Thu 10/16/08 09:34 AM

For anyone that wasn't on earlier I have a question.

I am 22 and the guy I'm interested in is 31. Should I go for it?

Definitely!!! I am 23 and my boyfriend is 44 and it's the best relationship I have ever had. If you have a connection, don't let age slow you down.

Troublemaker7's photo
Tue 10/14/08 01:39 PM
It's been so long since I have posted here because now I get to spend all the time I want with you! I still miss you when we are apart during the day, but I'm so busy with school and work that at least I am distracted. I love coming home to you every day and lying in bed with you at night. I feel so safe and warm and loved when I'm in your arms. I can't wait until I am there again!

Troublemaker7's photo
Mon 09/29/08 07:45 PM
That is very nice, obviously heartfelt, and something very sincere and wonderful that she will look back on and remember. The only thing I saw was tha beautiful was spelled wrong. This might just be because of fast fingers... I know the same thing happens to me sometimes when I am typing. Just thought I would throw it out there.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13