Community > Posts By > chrish

chrish's photo
Sat 12/15/07 02:46 AM

how about his side project Stone Sour,chrish?

Side projects are always a funny area, and often (not always) come about when an artist is dissatisfied with the direction of his main project.

I know I wouldn't like to dress up for little kids because a man in a suit tells me too.

Too many bands sell out, it frustrates me to see talented artists milked like heavy metal cows until no more milk comes out.

As long as the artist is happy. I'm under no delusion that my opinion will mean anything to them.

Stone sour just isn't the type of music I like (I've only heard two songs). Bit too whiney metal for me.

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Sat 12/15/07 02:35 AM

there old ppl that like my mums does

Its ok, I was replying to xxhornyxx.

chrish's photo
Sat 12/15/07 02:23 AM
I assure you it has nothing to do with age.

I'm quite comfortable hopping over fences, running from the police and partying in a warehouse.

What I said still stands, if the only argument you can make is that I must not like them because I'm old.

For the record I like The Dillinger Escape Plan, Meshuggah and several bands who are heavier. They suck less too.

Run along and buy your overpriced hooded sweatshirt from the record label like a good little consumer.

Ta,

~C.

chrish's photo
Sat 12/15/07 02:18 AM
http://www.magentocommerce.com/

chrish's photo
Sat 12/15/07 02:14 AM
Can't say I like Slipknot. Seems too much like novelty metal. No different than Take That with guitars and masks.

I can't help but feel their record company is guiding them just a little too much.

Nothing wrong with a good riff though, but Rammstein do that better.

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Sat 12/15/07 02:07 AM

Necessary!!!

For a society to exist, you must have laws, rules, and orginazation!
If not, you have anarchy, crime, and fear. You have Iraq without the US military!

I agree with azrae1l get rid of the corruption and we have a good one!

Vote for John Edwards and we can get our government back on track and working for "The People."bigsmile

Iraq was not in anarchy before the US military arrived. There are plenty of people in the states who live in fear of crime too.

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Fri 12/14/07 08:23 AM

It sounds as though you can't feel any sexual tension BETWEEN you and her, even though you have an attraction for her. Bad sign. I could be wrong cuz I need more details, but I doubt she feels the same way for you. If she did, you would feel it.

Well, the problem is: I think I do.

I'm sure it'll come out in the wash, she is away for Christmas, so I needn't worry for a while.

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Fri 12/14/07 08:21 AM
Thanks Beachfarmer :smile:

I find your profile very "cheeky" indeed, but distinctive and (to me) it sounds honest although slightly motivated.

Please elaborate on the slightly motivated remark!

I mean really, how many times have you seen a profile that *says* "I have a great sense of humor (or humour)?

How many of THOSE profiles actually contained anything "funny"?

Nail meet head! I think your spot on there.

Ta,

~C

P.S. As long as what you write is readable (and it certainly is) you need not worry about spelling.

chrish's photo
Fri 12/14/07 08:01 AM

Check out my profile! Check out my profile! Look at me! Look at me! Me! Me! Me! Me me! Pick me! Pick me!

The main purpose for joining up to a site such as this is so people can look at your profile and if they like what they read, contact you.

In some ways you've already put yourself on a pedestal just by joining.

Some people are better at English than others, and to request help with a profile is a good thing and should be encouraged.

My previous comment on the narcissism of it all, was due to the fact I started the thread, and do not want people to think this is the reason.

I am glad your confident in your profile and feel you need no help with it, but I am sure not everyone feels the same.

Ta,

~C

P.S. Hmmmmmm turns out you were probably joking.

chrish's photo
Fri 12/14/07 07:55 AM

If it was me, I would probably add a 3000-word essay on why I don't like onion and garlic potato chips or something, but I suppose that's not for everybody....

PMSROFLMAO
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

chrish's photo
Fri 12/14/07 07:39 AM

Go live "YOUR" life!!:heart:

Please, come live mine :wink:.

chrish's photo
Fri 12/14/07 07:37 AM

Excessive? Long, admittedly, but last I heard, this was still allegedly a "free country." Until they change the site rules, I think I'll leave it as is.

Given the amount of positive feedback it generates, and the number of people who follow the ongoing story diligently, I see no reason to make any changes.

Of course, no one is FORCING you to read it....

:wink:

If you profile is reviewed, please don't take it personally. Use peoples comments as a tool to improve your profile.

You obviously like writing, and are talented at it. I think a separate site would be a better platform for your work. Its only a suggestion, and would hopefully get you more exposure.

Of course its a free(ish) country and you are free to take my advice or not, just as I am free to write my thoughts.

And I said a bit excessive! :wink:

Ta,

~C

P.S. None of us live in a free country :wink:

chrish's photo
Fri 12/14/07 07:23 AM

Hmmmmmmmm.......let me think........NO
My friends are just a wee bit more important to me........
They will always be there for me if I respect them....
Woman....and men......relationally.....come and go......
a relationship is not worth the loss of a good friend

I don't wish to argue, I'm just curious.

If friends are so important to you, why expect them to give up their chance at happiness?

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Fri 12/14/07 07:21 AM
We could go rouge and just critique random profiles, like masked strangers improving the quality of random peoples profiles.

Ta,

~C :wink:

chrish's photo
Fri 12/14/07 07:07 AM
Great so we have some interest! Shall we pick someone, and start a thread about their profile?

I'd volunteer if it wasn't so narcissistic.

I would suggest LexFonteyne's profile, but I don't have that much spare time (I'm being serious!).

250 lines, 7649 words or 41707 chars is, I would say, a bit excessive. I can see that you've tried to use it as some kind of blog, but I would strongly suggest using something like http://wordpress.com/ and just linking to it.

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Fri 12/14/07 05:53 AM
Here is some delicious copy pasta from another thread:

I've been in similar situations a couple of times.

I've always stood back, and let them carry on. Its not my place to deny a friend a chance at happiness.

Wounds heal, you'll get over it.

In one of the cases where I did stand back, my ex and friend got married and claim to have found true love.

I got a warm fuzzy feeling inside when they told me, I was best man at the wedding, and years later they are still very much in love.

It was well worth the initial hurt to see them so happy.

Ta,

~C

P.S. I'm fortunate to be able to detach myself from my emotions, not everyone is so lucky. I understand how some people couldn't do that.

Maybe one day I'll detach myself just a little too much and go crazy.

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Fri 12/14/07 05:49 AM

Now, I will go vomit to purge myself of this filth and faithlessness. Some and most of you though not everyone who posted here don't really seem like relationship or family material. It is sad that you are parents.

Here, borrow my bucket, I've just hosed it out.

chrish's photo
Fri 12/14/07 05:29 AM
If you haven't met someone yet, then it must be the site thats broken. :wink:

I'm still single, but I can't be bitter about it, no one likes bitter people except perhaps slightly more bitter people (but we don't want to go there).

Chin Up!

~C

chrish's photo
Fri 12/14/07 04:57 AM
Edited by chrish on Fri 12/14/07 04:58 AM
Hello,

After reading a few threads about peoples profiles, and people pretending and such like, I thought a thread for profile reviews would be nice.

So, read a profile, comment on that profile, and also maybe make a comment or two about what you imagine that person is like.

Please be honest, but be nice too. Give people a chance to respond to comments on their profile. If you profile is reviewed, please don't take it personally. Use peoples comments as a tool to improve your profile.

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Fri 12/14/07 04:17 AM

tweak it out you mean... Windows tweaks things only visable to the human eye, we buy things on looks Vista looks really nice on the boot up, about all i can say on this.

I disagree. Vista looks like the girl (or guy) that should look nice (everything in proportion and in the right place) but for some reason your just not attracted to.