Community > Posts By > chrish

chrish's photo
Mon 02/04/08 04:38 AM
Is it just me, or have all the UK posts disappeared?

chrish's photo
Fri 02/01/08 01:07 AM
Which leads me nicely to my next point, thanks. :smile:

If somebody writes a thread titled "any ladies from ...............", I immediately think that person wants nothing but sex, why else would distance be important? As you say, you wouldn't want to restrict your search for a soulmate to just one area.

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Thu 01/31/08 09:34 AM
So do any of you ever read thread with a subject such as:

Any girls from London?
uk girls...
calling all single uk girls

Surely it is better to have a general conversation about a subject to try to find someone with similar interests, rather than try an steer a thread towards all women.

Your thoughts please. :smile:

Ta,

~C

P.S. I am aware of the hypocritical subject I gave this thread. :wink:

chrish's photo
Thu 01/31/08 09:19 AM
steelangel:

Fahrsi... being an off dialect of arabic. Nevermind. I don't speak txt, maybe you can try HTML?

If your gonna be a pædant at least spell Farsi correctly!

celtic_kitten:

o what happened to complete sentences and grammar? are they out of fashion now?

Seemingly so, yes.

chrish's photo
Wed 01/30/08 07:59 AM
There are two (main) ways IM can work.

Centralised
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralized_system

and

Decentralised
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decentralized_system

Then once you have decided on the system you will use you must create a protocol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocol_%28computing%29

Of course, you should hopefully use encryption:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encryption

Then you will need a client, probably with a GUI:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Client_%28computing%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUI

If you choose a centralised system you will also need a server:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communications_server

Any clearer?

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Thu 01/24/08 07:52 AM

being the one who started this what would you like to hear about

Just a response on your general thoughts with regards to my first post in this thread:

Juggalo / Juggalettes are fans of bands signed by the Insane Clown Posse's record label Psychopathic Records.

Now it was the evolution of a Juggolos devotion to the drink Faygo that led me to believe this.

Unfortunately the Juggalo movement is just a neat marketing trick. capitalising on the typical angst felt by ICP fans. Give the fans a sense of belonging and family, so that they will be more loyal for longer.

I also beleive that capitalising on a persons insecurities is inherently wrong, look at sub-prime lending capitalising on peoples weakness with money / consumerism or diet club capitalising on people insecurity with they way they look etc etc etc.

We'll take away your insecurities, for a fee.

At some point other manufacturers of records, soft drinks etc etc like to come on board (hence the Faygo thing).

I am not a scholar but I (in my own time) study memes, internet phenomenon, sub-cultures, subtle (and not so subtle) marketing tricks and such like.

Once I'm done with my current subject, I'm moving on to Juggalos, and after that, High School Musical / Disney.

Thats if after I finish my current paper I don't disappear. I shouldn't do, because its anonymous, but you never can tell. wink

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Wed 01/23/08 10:28 AM
I used to loooooove Mushroom head, although I've not listened to them in a long long time.

<opens_solarseek />

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Wed 01/23/08 03:56 AM

I did like your post and you are definately knowledgable. Im getting sick of a certain someone here taking shots at people for spelling and your post was a perfect avenue for me to take a shot too, but not at you friend, respect..

No worries mate, I didn't think you were taking a shot at me, and if you were "Who cares, its the Internet" :wink: .

Likewise, I wasn't taking a shot at juggalos, I'm just a bit curious.

I would love it if a juggalo would comment, so please, juggalos jump in!

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Wed 01/23/08 03:42 AM

You may not be a scholar but you have an intresting point. At least you're not condecending to people about spelling

To be honest, I can only spell well myself if I concentrate on doing so, the only time I will be condescending to people regarding spelling is if they are being an a**hole, or being condescending themselves.

Spelling / Gammer Nazis annoy me too, as long as its readable then who cares. I have seen some posts on here that have been unreadable, and I needed to actually work quite hard to get the meaning out of them. Which is quite hard to do with out coming across as condescending.

Thanks for thinking its an interesting point, I think it is (well, I did post it :tongue:). I think it'll make for a good discussion, especially if some juggalos get involved without getting pis$ed off.

Ta,

~C.

chrish's photo
Wed 01/23/08 03:01 AM
Not that anyone asked for it, but here is my opinion (forums are great like that :wink:).

Juggalo / Juggalettes are fans of bands signed by the Insane Clown Posse's record label Psychopathic Records.

Now it was the evolution of a Juggolos devotion to the drink Faygo that led me to believe this.

Unfortunately the Juggalo movement is just a neat marketing trick. capitalising on the typical angst felt by ICP fans. Give the fans a sense of belonging and family, so that they will be more loyal for longer.

I also beleive that capitalising on a persons insecurities is inherently wrong, look at sub-prime lending capitalising on peoples weakness with money / consumerism or diet club capitalising on people insecurity with they way they look etc etc etc.

We'll take away your insecurities, for a fee.

At some point other manufacturers of records, soft drinks etc etc like to come on board (hence the Faygo thing).

I am not a scholar but I (in my own time) study memes, internet phenomenon, sub-cultures, subtle (and not so subtle) marketing tricks and such like.

Once I'm done with my current subject, I'm moving on to Juggalos, and after that, High School Musical / Disney.

Thats if after I finish my current paper I don't disappear. I shouldn't do, because its anonymous, but you never can tell. :wink:

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Mon 01/21/08 02:35 PM
23 almost everytime :smile:

chrish's photo
Mon 01/21/08 02:24 PM
Section 5 Public Order Offence, and ummmmmm Section 69 of the Police Act I think...

It was a long time ago and involved illegal raves.

Ta,

~C

P.S. UK

chrish's photo
Wed 01/16/08 10:21 AM

1|= -/0|_| [4|\| R34|> 7|-|15 -/0|_| R0[K!

If you can read this you rock.

Either way, 1337 5p34k sucks... :wink:

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Tue 01/08/08 04:05 AM

What would happen if guys stopped fawning over girls. Would women change how they acted and if so how?

How do you mean? If we all became gay? huh

No assume something happened and guys became asexual for like a month for (name your reason), how would women change assuming that they still retained their normal desires?

Men do become asexual for like a month each year

its called football seasonlaugh laugh laugh

hmmmm maybe I should put in here joking so that some understand that

And basketball season, and baseball season, and hockey, nascar, golf laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I must admin I find sport a lot of mindless willy waving.

But I do enjoy Rugby, playing as much as watching. Its a gentleman's game too.

As we lose the difference between the sexes, we are also losing the whole gentleman thing, which is a shame.

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Tue 01/08/08 03:26 AM

I'm sorry, do you not think women are independent already? Darlin, hate to break it to you, but the days of women needing a man to support them and take care of them are loooooong over. You're young, it might behoove you to realize that now, instead of later. Try treating women as people, as you would want to be treated, someone with feelings, and a brain, and competence, not like a child.

Some women are. Some women choose to be, some choose not. Others have not choice.

And granted if the situation in this experiment occurred, not everyone would be affected.

But some would.

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Tue 01/08/08 03:17 AM

no need to be sorry:wink:

Another great British tradition... :wink:

chrish's photo
Tue 01/08/08 03:15 AM
JaceKnows:

Was a bit of British Humour, already light and dry.

I probably should have known better on an international forum, sorry. frown

Ta,

~C

chrish's photo
Tue 01/08/08 03:10 AM
JaceKnows:

<--- ain't queer.

No one thought you were... they probably do now!

chrish's photo
Tue 01/08/08 03:09 AM
Not what I would describe as a thought experiment, but I'll have a go anyway. :smile:

Considering we are seeing less and less differences between the sexes with regards to dating (or courting if you will). Women are empowering themselves sexually.

Gone are the days of being covered ankle to wrist. Women openly discuss masturbation (Anne Summers parties and such like). Women are just as likely to pay for meal, or insist on going Dutch (splitting the bill). Women chase men more than ever, its very rarely that you see women waiting to be asked to dance etc.

I myself have noticed this, I've been approached by women, not been allowed to pay for meals, had women ask me out on dates, had women take ask me back to theirs to show me their toys and such like.

These are personal observations, but I believe the trend is common in most all western countries.

Considering the above, I don't feel much would different would happen.

If guys stopped pandering over girls, then women would still like to make themselves attractive (they don't just do it for us).

Perhaps all that would change is that we would get where we are already going, a bit quicker.

I feel that the differences between men and women are the left over from out moded patriarchal religions, and the sooner gone the better.

"I believe in a carpenters son who walked on water over 2000 years ago because my parents did, so as a result, men are better than women."

Which is probably a good thing (tm).

Ta,

~C

P.S. I condensed my thoughts down a lot for this post, so some points will probably need clarification if a discussion ensues.

chrish's photo
Fri 01/04/08 09:25 AM
Appear I was wrong, the g stands for good.

New version is out soon.

Ta,

~C

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 15 16