Community > Posts By > Totage

Totage's photo
Sat 02/16/19 08:58 PM

Totage ... have read some of your other posts about this and they came across as very angry ., it is good that you are over that phase and looking at how you can move forward . Hopefully you have lots of support around you waving

Duh I'm angry, but some things are more important than me. I love my children and will do anything for them. That includes putting them before me myself. Yeah, a .38 and a case of bullets is always just a pay check a away, but there's a risk that it would harm my children and so that eliminates it as an option. As ****ed up as the system is, I have to give it a chance for now. If it fails, there are other routes for me to take, and I am prepared to take certain routes, ensuring my children come first always and forever.

Totage's photo
Sat 02/16/19 08:12 PM

I think pets are a measure of how much love we have in us.

Oh my lol, I used to jokingly call wild animals my pets that didn't yet know they were my pets, like this group of dolphins that have a regular swim route (or whatever it's called) down near Myrtle Beach, you can see them around October or so, yeah those are MY dolphins, lol.

There was this raccoon that came up on my porch and would eat all my cats food. One day I caught it, and it stopped at the corner of the porch put its paw up, a submissive gesture I assumed, so I relaxed myself a little and in a gentle voice said "Well, you may as well come up and eat, just do me a favor and try not to eat ALL the food, but get a little something." the raccoon ate the food, but to my surprise, this time it actually left a little for my cat. lol Almost as if it understood what I was asking of it. From that point on, they were buddies, I would see the raccoon come up with my cat and they would both eat as pals, instead of taking turns like before.

Deer used to come up to my house as well, there were some flowers, I don't know what kind, but the deer sure enjoyed them, they were right by my bathroom window which was a bit awkward, but I'd rather have a peeping deer than a peeping tom, lol.

Domestic or wild, ALL animals appreciate love. There's different types and levels of love though, and the key is knowing which is appropriate for what animal.

Totage's photo
Sat 02/16/19 07:59 PM

TOTAGE -- this is only an idea. what you wrote is clear and loving. Why not copy that and write it as a letter and mail it to her. I realize she may toss it, or choose not to read the whole thing. But life is full of taking chances. I myself if upset, am more apt to read a letter than to listen to the person on the phone, or let him/her in the front door. I feel sad that you hurt so much. Been there, done that. of course, there are 2 sides to every story. But the ones that really get hurt the worst are the children. Just think it over, and maybe write that in a letter. Good Luck.

It's been said and written to her several times. All that's left now is to keep fighting for my children, make sure they have a voice and it is heard. Try my best not to use my voice as theirs, and still find a way to love their mother. I refuse to let hate and anger into my heart no matter what she does. She is and always will be my children's mothers and I won't let anything jeopardize me and my children's relationship. I will always be there for my children and will protect them from anything, their mother and myself included.

Totage's photo
Sat 02/16/19 05:15 PM

Throughout my life, I've known that people do die. As a child, I (as is quite common) didn't really appreciate what it really means that people and others die. Pets would die, usually out of sight, and I would hear of various famous people dying, and of course, there were millions of entirely fictional deaths on TV and in films. Those especially, seemed meaningless, because I would see the same actors in another part, shortly after they "died" elsewhere.

More recently, I have had to finally begin to face much more meaningful deaths. Much more real. My mother died a year ago, my sister died suddenly of undiagnosed heart disease a few months after, and a month ago, my father went into a spiral of failing internal systems. One of my brothers was diagnosed with an incurable early-life-debilitating disease.

So all very quickly, my immediate family appears to be shrinking from six down to two.

How that has all affected me, has been difficult to measure in detail. My patience with others in fear seems to be increasing. My patience with people who insult others, or who indulge in prejudicial treatment of others has decreased even more.

I have no doubt that it will change how I relate to others, but how that will affect my search for a mate, I've yet to discover.

I'm posting this, just to share with others here who might be dealing with a similar life stage or experience. Mainly, I find that as with so many things, there was no way to prepare ahead of time for the effect of this.

I'm sorry to hear about your loses and how you're currently facing the expected losses of close ones.

To me, death has always been just another part of life so to speak, as far back as I can remember. It was never really thought of as the end, but more like the beginning of something bigger.

IDK, anymore though, maybe that's the kind of thing that gets us through such times and helps us to accept that those that were once here are no longer here. I would like to think we will all be reunited again some day of course.

Totage's photo
Sat 02/16/19 05:05 PM

I was dating a guy and he had an older pet. we were out of touch for a while. he has an 18 year old cat. Anyone else have an 18 year old cat?

I don't have any pets now, but one of my dearest pets was Smokey "Bones", he lived to be around 18 or so. He was my boy from the get go, me and him have been through thick and thin up to his death due to natural causes. He literally took his last breath in my arms. I weeped like a little school girl for a good week or so, I was lost without him. He was a very close companion to me.

I want to get a dog for my kids, but I don't know about all that right now. I guess we'll see what happens, when it happens.

Totage's photo
Sat 02/16/19 04:49 PM
This is probably in the wrong topic, and who this is for is not on this site, but I just feel like I just have to let some things out right now, so this is where I'm going to let it out. This topic can get moved or deleted, whatever needs to happen can happen. I don't care, so here goes...

To my ex, this isn't you against me or anything. I don't have any ill feelings towards you. As far as how you're acting right now, I don't see a crazy unfit mother. I see a scared woman, acting out in fear. You're intentions are not wrong, but your actions are dangerous and harmful to us all. I get that you want to run away and get away from me but that's not an option, we have two beautiful children together.

I may not be the biological father of our daughter, but she is my daughter. I've been there for both our children since before they were born. I was the second person they saw, aside from the doctors and you. I was the second person to ever hold them, aside from you and the doctors. your daughter calls me daddy, and she will always be my little girl, no matter what. I don't care what anyone says or whats written on any piece of paper. I was the one who signed the birth certificate originally. I will always be there for her just as much as I will always be there for my biological son. You can push me away as much as you want and the law and courts can give you those rights, but I will fight back and I will be there for my children no matter what.

To my children, know that I have fought for you and will always fight for you. You are my number priority and why I live today, you're the reason for everything I do. The mistakes I've made, I've made so you don't have to make. What I've done right, I've done to give you the best life possible.

All I wanted was to find true love and have a family of my own. I thought I found that, but apparently I was mistaken. My heart breaks and I can't hide the pain of knowing how I have failed you despite how good my intentions were. The only thing that matters to me in this world is you. You are my everything. I just hope that you can how much I truly love and you can forgive me for my mistakes. I hope you love you as much as I love you.

Totage's photo
Sat 02/16/19 03:39 PM

I have a guy we just enjoyed each other company at first.I went and got deeper feelings I asked him please if u are going to have many sex partners please leave me alone..He did not consider my feelings and cheeted in me .my heart is broke...I mean it it hurts

Well, as I'm sorry to hear you seem to have fallen for a bad guy, at the same time it seems that you acknowledge his wrong doings, but may be failing to acknowledge your wrong doings. In my experience it does no good and is very unproductive to play the blame game, so to speak, really at the end of the day both parties share blame its really irrelevant as to who shares more or what kind of blame.

You can't blame yourself for HIS actions, but you can admit your own faults to yourself and acknowledge your own actions and make changes to better yourself to avoid such situations in the future, but you also must be careful as to not place every guy you date from this point on in the place of your ex (or so I hope he is an ex now). Everyone is different and deserves an equal chance. This is not to say to leave yourself unguarded, but don't make the next one pay for the wrong doings of the last.

Anyway, hopefully that's not something you need to address right now, as at this time you need to heal from your hurt so that you can move forward. Now it's time to lick your wounds, stumble to your feet and keep running forward, not looking at what's behind you, but what's ahead.

Totage's photo
Wed 02/13/19 09:57 AM

Are you on this site to find love and marriage or to find friends to chat with?

I was on this site long before it was Mingle2, back in the JustSayHi days. The community has changed a lot since then. Not so sure about the site lately. I keep thinking maybe it's time to leave for good, but I keep coming back. IDK, not too many old faces here any more.

Totage's photo
Wed 02/13/19 09:14 AM

If couples are in a serious relationship, a date night is very important.
What both can enjoy.

I f you are not in a relationship and just dating, every. Date is date night.:smile:

Relationships need Spicing Up ! Good Chemistry makes it Right.smitten

:heart::

Yup

My mom lived next door to us and always wanted to watch the kids. I wanted to let her so me and my ex could have a date night, even if it was just at home, just the two of us for a few hours or so. My ex never wanted to and always made excuses. It got to the point where I didn't bother asking because she never wanted. That's just one of many factors as to what ended our relationship.

Totage's photo
Tue 02/12/19 08:02 AM
Blue October - Fear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3b0-i1T8Hk

Blue October - The Worry List
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zeSSjV7UgE

Totage's photo
Tue 02/12/19 06:40 AM

Really!

Men know when a woman is attractive.

Women know when a man is attractive.

However, Women don't look for the same things Men look for.

A person doesn't Always get whom they are attracted to.
:
brokenheart

What comes to mind ?

I do website development and design. I used to be part of a group where we would share our sites and other projects and critique and rate them, give each other helpful feedback and what not. Well, I would spend hours on projects until I felt they were "beautiful". A lot of people didn't feel the same way, but a lot of other people agreed that it was beautiful. Some times I would make changes according to the feedback and I wouldn't like how it came out, but would submit them to be critiqued anyway just to see what would happen, of course sometimes those who thought it was ugly at first would think it was beautiful afterwards.

Anyway, yeah beauty is simply individual preferences. Our definition of beauty can change over time as well. When I was younger I used to think spiders were the ugliest of all creatures created, I never bother to learn about them, they were gross and disgusting and deserved to die. Well, I still don't care much for spiders and they're still pretty ugly, just not as hideous as I once perceived them to be. As time went on, I learned a little here and there about them and kinda appreciated them a little more, so yeah they're still ugly, but they have a purpose so they're not all that bad.

I worked with this woman. I thought she was very attractive and she seemed like a nice woman. As I worked with her, I quickly saw how she was a horrible worker and this changed my perception of her completely. I was disgusted and annoyed with her and everything about her.

Interesting response!

However, men still know what's attractive, in reference to Women and beauty.

Whether he can get her is a whole nother subject.

Well, it comes down to individual preferences. The more you know yourself, the more defined your definition of beauty. Really, regardless of gender we all know what beauty is and none of us know what beauty is at the same time, that's the beauty of beauty. :)

Every man has their own definition of a beautiful woman, because how we see beauty is an individual preference (or array of preferences). Defining a beautiful woman kinda comes down to what you want in a way.

Totage's photo
Mon 02/11/19 09:56 AM
"Forget what you thought
'Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught
So just turn around and forget what you saw
'Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught"

Totage's photo
Sun 02/10/19 07:05 AM

So lost when somebody suddenly stopped calling and sending messages. I wonder what happened and whya sudden change of heart......

If you never actually met and it was just an online thing, try not to be so attached. The internet is a strange place and it is easy to get caught up in things, but until there's an actual relationship their, it's best to be cautious and try not to get too wrapped up in the "internet relationship".

Totage's photo
Sat 02/09/19 11:14 PM

Really!

Men know when a woman is attractive.

Women know when a man is attractive.

However, Women don't look for the same things Men look for.

A person doesn't Always get whom they are attracted to.
:
brokenheart

What comes to mind ?

I do website development and design. I used to be part of a group where we would share our sites and other projects and critique and rate them, give each other helpful feedback and what not. Well, I would spend hours on projects until I felt they were "beautiful". A lot of people didn't feel the same way, but a lot of other people agreed that it was beautiful. Some times I would make changes according to the feedback and I wouldn't like how it came out, but would submit them to be critiqued anyway just to see what would happen, of course sometimes those who thought it was ugly at first would think it was beautiful afterwards.

Anyway, yeah beauty is simply individual preferences. Our definition of beauty can change over time as well. When I was younger I used to think spiders were the ugliest of all creatures created, I never bother to learn about them, they were gross and disgusting and deserved to die. Well, I still don't care much for spiders and they're still pretty ugly, just not as hideous as I once perceived them to be. As time went on, I learned a little here and there about them and kinda appreciated them a little more, so yeah they're still ugly, but they have a purpose so they're not all that bad.

I worked with this woman. I thought she was very attractive and she seemed like a nice woman. As I worked with her, I quickly saw how she was a horrible worker and this changed my perception of her completely. I was disgusted and annoyed with her and everything about her.

Totage's photo
Sat 02/09/19 08:28 PM

Men in the Military seem to know more about Real life.

Those who have served and those who are now serving.
Knowledge comes from experience.

I should have chose a Military man.

IDK, I have a lot of friends that have been in and are in the military. They don't seem to know any more than anyone else.

Totage's photo
Sat 02/09/19 08:24 PM
Yeah, but it would be nice to find one that had their own insurance. :P

Totage's photo
Sat 02/09/19 08:20 PM

When I look in the mirror I don't think politics, religion, finances or friends, I just see WRINKLES. My insides still think I am 40....so I try to stay away from the mirror..... as far as thoughts, I like to hear other people's opinions, just don't like to have them shoved down my throat.

You're still beautiful. Don't be ashamed of wrinkles, you earned them.

I've been losing my hair since I was around 18 or so. Someone asked me how old I was and when I told them, they said I looked 15 years older than I am. I said Damn right I look older, I've been through a lot in life. I don't care what others see or think. What I see is someone who has lived life and continues to live life.

Anyway, I'm just saying you're a pretty lady and you should see that in the mirror.

Totage's photo
Sat 02/09/19 07:51 PM

Men like women closeby or in their back yard, so they don't have to put forth must effort to get to her.

Mostly for cooking , cleaning and hugged up watching Netflix.

:smile: :

Thankfully, there are exceptions. All men don't do that.

Actually, I'm just looking for a babysitter with benefits. :P

Totage's photo
Fri 02/08/19 10:43 PM

Most of my interests live Miles away from me. I met a really nice man, not on mingle2. I am on Relationship sites where people are into finding a good date.
However, distance can be a huge barrier.

So many say, they will go any distance to meet. We know that is not always the case.

Women sometimes are Willing to go that distance. Love is not always found in your City , guys!!

:smile:

If it's not within arms reach it's too far away for me. I've actually found quite a bit of love locally.

LDRs generally only work if a strong foundation is pre-existing even then there's great chance for it to end, very rarely will a relationship develop and be successful without pre-existing as an actual relationship.

Totage's photo
Fri 02/08/19 09:54 PM

Can we grow if we only talk to mirrors? That is to say, how much growth is possible if we only seek out the points of view that mirror our own? Do you think people may come together more and strive to educate themselves further if instead of the stark bias we have from channel to channel or newscast to newscast, they all made a point of offering DIVERSE views and perceptions?

It strikes me when I do watch news or read online statements about news, that people seem to really only want to believe what they ALREADY believe, without being willing to expand their views or perceptions or knowledge. the current climate of 'anything that doesnt have my spin is fake news' does not help at all. do you think the time might come with the next generations, when the demand will be for more objective news and verifiable facts in our meda sources?

I hope they can do better.

Seeking out only like minded and never opening to others actually stagnates and regresses ourselves.

It's a bit of a complexed issue, not everyone sticks to their own views and rejects others for the same reasons and factors. There is a sort of self defense mechanism in our minds that makes it difficult to see different points of views and change our own, I think this is a big factor in most cases.

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25