Community > Posts By > Totage

Totage's photo
Thu 02/28/19 06:06 AM

I've asked this before, NEVER got a reply: What do you Americans mean when you say "Text message"?
These days over here that IS WhatsApp. NO ONE uses SMS anymore. The last time I had to use it cos some guy didn't have a smartphone yet, I didn't even know how to use it anymore.

Kik, nope. Briefly had that to talk to a guy I knew from here, NOT for sex chat. Haven't got it anymore, not will I install it again. Why should I? Everyone uses WhatsApp.

I use it mostly with my kids and mom and close friends. It's THE NR1 go-to app to communicate.
I guess it's different in the USA??

To be totally honest... if someone does NOT have WhatsApp I assume they're living in the stone-age still, haha. Not joking. Everyone has WhatsApp, if you don't you are seriously weird.

Hum well you can say this is a reply i guess. in the USA. I never use " text me. " . If a person " honest or not gets your real cell number for 25 us dollars they can find your real name / address. From what i've seen it is a a scammer ploy to get your phone number. Next whatsapp. Well call me caveman then. Never had it. Knoticed mostly undesirables use it. So most likely never will use it. As most have said. 2 things to factor in common sense and experiences.

That is over here, hihi. It is clear you in the USA don't use WhatsApp.
But about texting... you mean sending an SMS, right? Not using any App, just the default option any mobile has to send a text message? (called SMS over here).

Over here only some companies use that, like council to send a payment link for the rent as most people pay bills with their phone (I don't).
Other than that no one uses text anymore. It's all WhatsApp. Funny how that is different per country.

Data, especially cellular data is much more expensive in the U.S. that's why most in the U.S. use SMS rather than apps really.

Totage's photo
Thu 02/28/19 05:57 AM

If a man cares about his woman, that is what he should do. Make her feel good about herself. However, she should also feel good about herself, herself.
smile2

Right, YOU make yourself see your beauty. When in a relationship, your partner should acknowledge your beauty, but that does no good if YOU can't see it yourself.

Totage's photo
Wed 02/27/19 10:10 AM

I've never been in a friends zone with men. However, I put a couple of men in the "friends zone". :grinning:

That's because men generally don't play the friend zone game. You either "is" or "isn't".

Totage's photo
Wed 02/27/19 08:44 AM
All cats big or small, domestic or wild are wired the the same way. Cats are not psychopaths, they are designed for killing and do their job well.

Cats are misunderstood, but if you actually take the time to try to understand them, they're not such a**holes after all, in fact you'll find they are the complete opposite.

Totage's photo
Wed 02/27/19 08:33 AM

these must be popular tools/apps, or whatever. THere seems to be an automatic assumption that everyone uses them. I get so many requests to provide my Kik or Whatsapp information. Does anyone else get these requests very often?

My cell phone is basically used for contacting family on occasion. I still have not got on the bandwagon of using a phone as a computer, I have an ACTUAL computer for that, so I dont do the apps and other things, except maybe for a map because I don't want to purchase a GPS.

They're popular with scammers and spammers mostly. I don't use them or other apps like them, I have no use for such things.

Totage's photo
Wed 02/27/19 08:29 AM

Say it isn't so!
I actually allowed her to feel good about herself.
What's more, I instiganted it.

Lordy be.
I actually made someone I care about feel good about something that she care about without promoting my own agenda.
Say it isn't so!

To top it all off, I;m not looking for a benny from this.
Gawd, am I losing my manliness?
I should at least get some sex from it!
What the hell was I thinking?

Don't worry, she's still going to think you wanted something out of it anyway.

Totage's photo
Wed 02/27/19 08:21 AM
noway Calm down "Norman Bates".

Totage's photo
Wed 02/27/19 08:17 AM

Seriously?
Yer gunna acknowledge this thread?
This is certainly a play on the immature understanding of science.

Most importantly is the fact that any real understanding of the planets KNOWS Uranus is pronounce Ur-A-Nus.

C'mon man, show at least a lil intelligence.

That being said, high winds at Uranus indicates something is not right in the rest of the system.
Perhaps an imbalance of some sort?

Immature or not, it is kind of interesting, according to space.com, Uranus and Neptune have the fastest winds detected in the solar system. It also states their jet streams are 10 to 15 times stronger than those on Earth.

https://www.space.com/21157-uranus-neptune-winds-revealed.html

Totage's photo
Tue 02/26/19 05:55 AM
There's a 1-800 number you can call, smokefree.gov may be a good start in the right direction for resources to help you get through. To me, it's like any other addiction, they have groups for it, but even something like AA or NA may help although many people in those groups smoke, they can be supportive and understanding.

Totage's photo
Tue 02/26/19 05:51 AM

Sorry, I’m taken laugh

That's a deal breaker. :P

Totage's photo
Mon 02/25/19 10:18 AM

I may be a little naive, why are women younger than my daughter blowing me kisses?

Would you rather they blow you a fart instead?

Totage's photo
Mon 02/25/19 09:53 AM
She felt better and thinks it was something she ate the other day when she wasn't feeling good. I was glad to hear she was ok. :)

Totage's photo
Mon 02/25/19 08:58 AM

You need to get pregnant! I gave up right away with no withdrawal symptoms and found it very easy. No cravings either but then again, I did have terrible morning sickness and couldn't face smoking.

Sorry that I can't help you any more but another time I gave up, I went cold turkey. It was the only way for me.

Do I have to be the one pregnant or can I just get somebody pregnant..lol..

The way it works is, you need to have morning sickness and that way the smell of cigarettes will repulse you, BUT, if you think making some lady pregnant would help too, then go for it!

Let me know what course of action you're gonna take laugh

Nope, doesn't work and if you stick with her, it creates problems.

Totage's photo
Mon 02/25/19 08:56 AM

Hi to all...
And welcome to the support group for those quitting smoking...
.it is known to be one of the hardest habits to kick...
And I'm finding that to be true...I just cant seem to quit out right... I get down to maybe four cigarettes a day and in between that I use a vapor...but I'm finding it very difficult just to quit all together..
I seem to lack the willpower..but i no i must kick the habit.. is it better to go cold turkey? or wean yourself off..?..and how long tell you stop craving them..?.any good tips for quitting..?

Cold turkey is best. Vapes, either make it worse or you just go from cigarettes to vaping.

I've heard some say chewing gum works instead of smoking chew gum.

Some replace cigarettes with a snack such as carrot sticks.

Some find that not touching that first one you crave will get you through the day and so on.

Totage's photo
Mon 02/25/19 08:30 AM

Perfection is highly overrated. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to keep looking this pretty? explode

Try looking this hideous. It takes much more effort I assure you.

Totage's photo
Mon 02/25/19 07:53 AM
Of course there are limits. I see a workaholic as a self centered person, that's a turn off. It's also a turn off for someone to work while sick, as that is very selfish and dangerous. Not only if the illness is contagious, but if you are sick and there is an accident, you put yourself and others in unnecessary danger. I get why people do it, but at the same time it's not worth it.

Now, one who does their job and goes beyond, ex. helping others when they have their job done, that's a turn on.

Totage's photo
Mon 02/25/19 07:48 AM
Seems like every woman my age has young kids, but none of them want to date a single dad. Kinda hypocritical. They expect men to be understanding, but they're not as understanding.

Totage's photo
Sun 02/24/19 12:13 PM
We need education. We have an epidemic of starving zombies. We need to educate people in schools and at home and self educate.

Totage's photo
Sun 02/24/19 10:52 AM
That's what I'm thinking. There's no leaks and plenty of fluid. Maybe time to get a new pump.

Totage's photo
Sat 02/23/19 08:49 PM
Generally batteries last between 4-7 years. You shouldn't need to change it until it goes bad.

Did you try to jump it?

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25