Community > Posts By > Totage

Totage's photo
Fri 02/22/19 09:37 AM
Meh, I'm just a cat living in a world of dogs. Although, I'm not even really a cat, more of a raccoon, cat-like, but not quite a cat either.

I don't need someone to be there for me nearly as much as most people seem to need others. I'm not neglectful, but not smothering by any means either.

I am affectionate and supportive and all, but I do expect others to be independent, may be a bit more so than they are at times.

Totage's photo
Fri 02/22/19 09:25 AM
Aw thanks Kitten. Yeah, it's been a while. Glad to see you back. You're looking pretty rawrtastic as usual, yourself. ;)

Never hurts to have a special friend in your life, and if you do end up dating and it doesn't work out, hopefully you two get a good adventure out of it. Either way, live your life like you stole it (well, maybe not STOLE it, but you know what I mean). :)

Totage's photo
Thu 02/21/19 11:04 AM
Is it possible to be too independent?

Totage's photo
Thu 02/21/19 11:03 AM
Is it possible not to realize abuse until after a relationship has ended? What exactly counts as abuse?

Totage's photo
Thu 02/21/19 10:54 AM
Does hard working turn you on? When someone of the gender you're attracted to is a hard worker does that turn you on?

Totage's photo
Wed 02/20/19 10:37 AM

To date a guy who's mother is younger than you?surprised laugh laugh

Asking for a friend...yeah thats it, for a friend. biggrin

General rule of thumb for me, is if I have to ask if it's appropriate, it's not. Not saying it's right or wrong for you, that's for you to decide, just saying for me in general, if I question it, then it's probably not good, and I error on the side of caution. Although, a little risk every now and then doesn't hurt. :)

Totage's photo
Tue 02/19/19 07:46 AM
I found screen printing to be an effective method to impress. You can impress her on pretty much anything if you get the right press.

Totage's photo
Mon 02/18/19 10:07 AM

I usually have the reverse problem. Women tend not to want to leave, even when I end it.

To be fair, it's hard to leave when you're chained to a basement.

Totage's photo
Sun 02/17/19 08:12 AM
I don't think either gender mourns harder than the other. There's differences in how each gender handles and displays emotions. Of course, each person and relationship is different as well, which adds more complexity to how we handle our emotions.

Totage's photo
Sun 02/17/19 07:49 AM

Name 3 things you DO NOT like

People
Places
Things

Totage's photo
Sun 02/17/19 07:45 AM
That's what Febreze is for. Oh, that reminds me of a story I'm sure you'll appreciate.

A few days ago I made a critical error in judgement by making a big tupperware bowl of crab salad and eating all in one sitting, right before going in to work. I couldn't trust a fart all night. Well, the lady working next me turned on the fan, it was blowing right in my face and blowing stuff around, so I turned it off and told her she has to move it away from me if she wants it on, but I was busy working so I didn't have time to play with the fan. So, she turns the fan on again, but doesn't move it. Well, at this point I didn't care if I soiled myself or not, I let a mean one rip right into the fan. She got a face full of it. The look on her face was priceless when she got btch slapped by that fart.

Totage's photo
Sun 02/17/19 07:04 AM

Today is Feb 16th sat..so it's the weekend..
I'v been up for over an hour now had coffee..And just a part of a cig. I'm quitting so I'm cutting way back.. which is making me a bit Twitchy LOL..I have washed up last night dishes...swept the floor.. fluffed up the pillows on the couches..and now starting to give some thought . On what to do today...hmmmm..what to do ?what to do?..Lol.. it snowed last night and it's rather cold out..but typically !!..i don't like to stay indoors during the day..my lady friend is still asleep in my bed..So I will need to plane something for the two of us to do today
What that might be I have no idea..lol..
Out side of that!.. no real big planes...
Which is good it is Saturday after all...

What are you up to today ?

Well, I rented a hotel room for the next few days and still have half a big bottle of rum from last night. I was going to sleep all day until I have to go to work, but housekeeping woke me up. So, now I'm just going to sit here and stare at the half bottle until it's time to get ready for work. Oh yeah, I have more cigarettes left than I thought.

Totage's photo
Sun 02/17/19 06:42 AM

I worked really hard on this one. If you have something nice to say there is no need to share.

TMI;TLDR

Totage's photo
Sun 02/17/19 06:24 AM

A poll was taken on, whether women like receiving gifts in private or in public. That could be at your workplace or wherever other people can see what you are getting.

Keep in mind, gifts don't have to be Expensive gifts!

The poll said 81% like receiving gifts privately and 19% like receiving them public.

CBS tv "The Talk"

Comments ?

I gave my ex ex a "friendship" ring at a nice little restaurant we used to visit. It was between the two of us and I didn't make a big scene about it. I hid it in my shoe and as we waited for our food in the booth, I bent down as if I were tieing my shoe pulled it out and gave it to her. She didn't like that I did it in public because she got a bit emotional, but she appreciated it and the moment was special and went well for us.

My more recent ex, I didn't give her any gifts in public that I recall. I've given her gifts in private and she appreciated them in the moment, but then would have fits and destroy and throw them out, so it got to a point where I didn't bother to give her gifts.

Of course, it depends on the kind of person, the gift, the way it's presented, why the gift is being given, etc. I think in general most would rather have special gifts given in private, some may not mind a small gift in public, but generally I think private is preferred.

Totage's photo
Sat 02/16/19 11:24 PM

Over the age of 50

Who would love to have a livin mate?

Someone to just love and have something in common. Also intimate.

Or is just dating more your thing ?

I don't have any interest in that. All I want is to raise my kids and hopefully everything turns out OK. After that, I'll already be set in my ways and too old to change for anyone, so from this point forward, it's just me and my kids, possibly grand kids in the future, but that's it.

Totage's photo
Sat 02/16/19 11:17 PM

I really want to start my love life over again.I divorced some years ago and know i really need a wonderful woman in my life and it's really not going as easy as i thought it would.

I've learned that love is forgiveness. Forgive your ex for their wrong doings. Forgive yourself for your wrongs as well. Once you let go of hate, anger, and blame you can love again. Perhaps you're finding difficulty because you haven't forgiven for wrongs done in the past, perhaps you have forgiven your ex and yourself. I don't know. All I know is that for me, finding love is about forgiving others. I don't know...

Totage's photo
Sat 02/16/19 10:06 PM

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

My response is in the What Women Really Want Thread. Same thing. It all comes down to love.

Totage's photo
Sat 02/16/19 09:41 PM
I appreciate your suggestion, and it can be therapeutic for some to journal, but it doesn't work for me. I've tried.

I do document things for court purposes, but that's a bit different.

Totage's photo
Sat 02/16/19 09:15 PM

I agree with Totage.

I agree too.

Every single failure on the part of someone else traces back for me to the fact that I chose poorly.
So, instead of blaming others for doing what others do, I try to learn from my experiences and use my gained wisdom to choose wisely.

Exactly,

It's easy to blame others, but what's more productive is to to honest with ourselves and admit and acknowledge our own short comings and do what we can to improve ourselves.

Not to attack or blame the OP, but at the same time OP needs to see their own faults and work on those rather than focusing on the faults of others that they can't control.

Totage's photo
Sat 02/16/19 09:11 PM
It goes both ways. You can't put all of the blame and responsibility on one person. Both parties are to blame and responsible. It doesn't matter how hard one side works if the other is not willing to and not doing anything.

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25