Community > Posts By > Totage

Totage's photo
Sat 01/26/19 09:46 PM

It doesn't take months for a man to tell a Woman he loves her. :heart:

That is, if they are Exclusively dating, in a Romantic way.

Not sure where you came up with that, but it's not true.

Totage's photo
Sat 01/26/19 12:00 AM

Valentine's Day is less than 3 weeks away and I don't have a date! tears

Kidding... I don't, but there's still time bigsmile

What's your ideal Valentine's date? Do you have a Valentine... either currently or someone in mind? love :heart:

Guys... What are some of the things you've given a sweetheart on Valentine's Day? Is it just another day to you?

Ladies... What do you like to receive on Valentine's Day? Is this day important to you?

Me... I love chocolate biggrin The date... Anything that he does, above and beyond normal daily stuff, to make the day a little extra special is what matters to me most :heart:

[/quote

I don't celebrate death and violence, so this isn't a day I celebrate.

Totage's photo
Fri 01/18/19 09:42 PM

Some completely philosophical questions around happiness:

What is it to you?

How do we come to define it?

Is it a 'natural' condition/feeling, or is it something that is a product of conditioning which tells us what to value and therefore, what makes us 'happy'?

how much of happiness is conditional upon the feedback and treatment we receive from others, even if its just those we actually care about?

How much of our 'happiness' is triggered by the external, rather than the 'natural'? is Happy even something 'natural' or is it mostly conditioned?

Is happy better than healthy, or are they both just constructed ideals? Cant the unhealthy be happy? Can the healthy be unhappy? Is anyone truly happy? is anyone completely healthy?

sigh ...

In the nature of 'questioning everything' that often arises in the religion threads. I wanted to take a stab at 'questioning' why we believe we are 'happy' or not.

Happiness is simply an emotion, nothing more, nothing less. We want it to be more because have a hard time accepting simple ideas and things. We have the need to over complicate things because we are an arrogant creature.

Happiness MAY simply be an emotion but as with most emotions it is not simple.We may have a need to "complicate" things but it is more to do with intelligence and a quest for understanding than arrogance.The answer to the question is both philosophical and physiological.Some of the above answers refer to conditioning yet in my opinion an emotion is a gut reaction to a situation.Something makes us happy or sad,we don't deliberately analyse the situation and come to a conclusion based on that analysis.I like nature lady's response.For all we talk about happiness and its' significance in our lives,we still have to think about what it means to us individually.

Right, where as say a cat or dog has happiness in simply hunting or socializing, they don't have to figure out what makes them happy or struggle to find it, they just know.

People on the other hand like to make things seem more difficult, especially in todays world where we are constantly bombarded by what others want us to think and feel. Take the "American Dream" for example.

Totage's photo
Fri 01/18/19 08:36 PM

Some completely philosophical questions around happiness:

What is it to you?

How do we come to define it?

Is it a 'natural' condition/feeling, or is it something that is a product of conditioning which tells us what to value and therefore, what makes us 'happy'?

how much of happiness is conditional upon the feedback and treatment we receive from others, even if its just those we actually care about?

How much of our 'happiness' is triggered by the external, rather than the 'natural'? is Happy even something 'natural' or is it mostly conditioned?

Is happy better than healthy, or are they both just constructed ideals? Cant the unhealthy be happy? Can the healthy be unhappy? Is anyone truly happy? is anyone completely healthy?

sigh ...

In the nature of 'questioning everything' that often arises in the religion threads. I wanted to take a stab at 'questioning' why we believe we are 'happy' or not.

Happiness is simply an emotion, nothing more, nothing less. We want it to be more because have a hard time accepting simple ideas and things. We have the need to over complicate things because we are an arrogant creature.

Totage's photo
Fri 11/30/18 09:14 AM

Chasing after you?

Women chasing men came up in another thread, the opinion was that when women chase men they run the other way.

Innately, men are the hunters and women are the nurturers. I've heard some men say they adhere to this and others say it's 2018, time for women to do the chasing.

So what are your true thoughts on this. If a woman were to pursue you, how would you really feel about that? Would you run the other way or would you feel flattered and take a risk going against what feels natural?

I've never been one to chase after anybody. A woman wouldn't have to chase after me, if I were interested. I'm pretty good at turning women off, so there's never been any issue with it.

I suppose if you're happier being alone and pushing women away from you then that's a good thing.

If not, maybe look at why you're doing it, deal with it, and change that behavior so you have them falling for you rather than running from you?

flowerforyou waving

If there's a mutual interest, there's no need to chase.

Totage's photo
Fri 11/30/18 12:06 AM

Chasing after you?

Women chasing men came up in another thread, the opinion was that when women chase men they run the other way.

Innately, men are the hunters and women are the nurturers. I've heard some men say they adhere to this and others say it's 2018, time for women to do the chasing.

So what are your true thoughts on this. If a woman were to pursue you, how would you really feel about that? Would you run the other way or would you feel flattered and take a risk going against what feels natural?

I've never been one to chase after anybody. A woman wouldn't have to chase after me, if I were interested. I'm pretty good at turning women off, so there's never been any issue with it.

Totage's photo
Sun 11/25/18 10:08 PM

finding to around us hangout or sex

I never unholster my weapon unless I intend on using it.

Totage's photo
Sun 11/25/18 09:09 PM

fake money
just like most money now a days nothing backing it

unlike the old days when money was backed by gold or silver etc etc something that you can hold in your hand
now a days its all fake money that fake banks have drowned up and made out of nothing

how much is a 1,000 $ bill worth really ?
its a piece of paper with some ink on it ... maybe a fraction of a penny ?

even back when it started the coins had value (made out of silver or gold) now penny's are not even copper <shrug>

bit coin is a bunch of 0's and 1's
how much are they really worth ?

with that being said , lots of people have made money off of it
but again there is nothing to back it up
so if someone pulls the plug on it , more or less ya lost everything

buyer beware

i myself , wouldn't drop a penny in to it <shrug>
but to each there own

I've made a little money off of bitcoins without actually spending any money. I lost my "Bitwallet", so that money has been lost. If I had my bitwallets and exchanged the bitcoins to USD, I'd probably have a couple hundred dollars. Lots of fraud in the Cryptocurrency industry though, so you have to be extra careful.

What I was doing was mining and exchanging cryptocurrency until my computer crashed and everything was lost, so hours and hours of working my computer literally past its breaking point was all for nothing.

Totage's photo
Sun 11/25/18 08:29 PM
Some day soon is probably going to be the day.

Totage's photo
Sun 11/25/18 08:27 PM
I'm thinking thoughts that ought not be thought, but I don't care any more.

Totage's photo
Sun 11/25/18 07:18 PM

I really miss having someone bring me a beer and a sandwich while I watch the game on TV.

Wait, I get that at the local bar.

Meh, you train a dog the right way, and problem solved.

Totage's photo
Sun 11/25/18 03:52 PM

I miss the silly moments!
I just burnt my lip tasting chili... And no one to laugh with me or around to kiss it and make it bettertears

What do you miss in being in a realtionship?
Serious or silly

I don't miss a got dang thing, except my children.

Totage's photo
Sun 11/25/18 03:46 PM

Obviously male chest hair !!!!! laugh laugh

There used to be five basic shapes for male chest hair ...

http://www.coachmag.co.uk/grooming/3392/top-five-chest-hair-styles

http://m.mensxp.com/grooming/hair-removal/23532-what-your-chest-hair-should-look-like.html

glasses The snail

glasses The tree

glasses The rug

glasses The top heavy

glasses The woolly jumper

But now there are so many choices ....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g3IF5MswmVw

Thoughts ??

Favourite ??

I'm a hairy mother lover, deal with it.

Totage's photo
Sat 11/24/18 10:54 PM
Possibly. Even though you shouldn't have guilt, you love her and feel guilty because of what happened.

Totage's photo
Sat 11/24/18 09:54 PM
I'm sorry. I don't mean to pry.

You didn't abandon her. I don't think animals have a concept of abandonment. They are very forgiving as well. I don't think she feels wronged by you. I'm sure she misses you just as much as you miss her. It's possible she went looking for you. You didn't do anything wrong.

Totage's photo
Sat 11/24/18 09:31 PM
I see. What happened?

Totage's photo
Sat 11/24/18 09:12 PM
You saw her being born in real life?

You miss her and the bond you shared. You yearn that connection you had with her. You're seeking that relationship in life.

Totage's photo
Sat 11/24/18 08:48 PM
Yup, it means you miss them.

Could mean more depending on your openness to believe such things. I think the most likely meaning is that you miss them.

I dream of my childhood home quite often, and in my dream, the side door never shuts right and never locks. This is because during my last years in that home, it was very unsafe and unstable, so in my dreams that door represents that insecurity.

Back on topic, I dream of all my pets, my own cats as well as my grandparents dogs and other animals. I miss them all, just as I miss my family that has passed.

What else is happening in these dreams? How do they feel?

Totage's photo
Sat 11/24/18 08:37 PM
A nice rack

of ribs

Totage's photo
Sat 11/24/18 08:35 PM

intimacy,
passion commitment

Steel toe boots
A good set of weights and workout bench
A nice hand gun is helpful

Oh wait, wrong list sorry...