Community > Posts By > Starsailor2851

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 01:42 PM

I would love to learn a new language, but only because I want to, not because it's required. JMOflowerforyou

Same here, I just really suck at it, or it might be that German is an extreme pain to learn. I always wanted to learn Japanese, but I heard it is really hard, harder than German so I think I'm out of luck.

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 01:40 PM

Hey, I am MR. Blue Collar, and I speak 3 languages. And no, my parents didn't teach me, because they were both born here. I'm not for US needing to speak another language, but for me, at least, it helps.

Okay, I'm talking average here. A blue-collar worker speaking three languages I strongly believe I can say, is not even close to average...lol. I believe I can strongly support saying a blue-collar worker speaking one language (besides English) is very unusual. I know many, deal with many and I know a very few who can speak Spanish and Pennsylvania German (which is a big butchery of the German language...lol).

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 01:38 PM

Sounds like they canceled the scouts so they wouldn't be around the Rainbows which was a good decision.Did you want a bunch of boys around lawless hippies?

Anyway the Rainbows have a right to be in the woods like everyone else or is America just for Christian Right wingers?

I am a Christian Right Winger. Did not like the hippie movement. People have a right to be whoever they are, I just do not like the 'flaunting' of certain types of behavior.

Lindyy
:heart:

Of course you wouldn't like the hippie movement. It was about "Make love, not war" You on the other hand like war. Almost all Christian right winger do. War is good for business.bigsmile

JB

Watch it. That is a bit extremely bold of a statement, rhetoric and very bigotted really unless you have some evidence to show that 'almost' all Christian rightwingers 'like' war and is good for business.

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 01:35 PM
If the US or any European government were to say "Hey, we've been dealing with aliens for decades now", and then one appears on TV talking and such, I do believe people would absolutely freak out. haha

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 01:33 PM
I'm mixed feelings on what he said. Yes, I think learning a foreign language is good, broadens your vocabulary and great for those dealing in foreign issues, but he really came off sounding elitist. Like how dare you not learn a foreign language and yet expect others to speak in English in America.

It's talking down to blue-collar John Doe, who has no reason to learn a language for it will be of incredibly little to no use, but he'll go on one cruise or trip to Europe and Obama is criticizing him because he's too rude to have not learned French or German first before going there?

Huh.

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 01:23 PM
Is believing there are aliens among us constitute as a conspiracy theory or would it have to involve some government hiding it stuff? lol, well I suppose I do think government is hiding stuff, but not along the lines of Men in Black kind of things...haha.

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 01:10 PM

What a NeoCon!!!noway noway noway

Shameful!!
Look Leahmarie learned a new word!
laugh laugh laugh laugh

And, that is your intelligent counter to factual evidence from far leftist sites, as well as the New York Times, and The Hill, that show that both Obama and Edwards work closely and take money from lobbyists? Talk about disillusionment.

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 01:07 PM

A few examples of the Republican Majority Congress's Pork spending!
(not like the one more that the Dems have in congress)

For example:

At $286.4 billion, the highway bill just passed by Congress is the most expensive public works legislation in US history. In addition to funding the interstate highway system and other federal transportation programs, it sets a new record for pork-barrel spending, earmarking $24 billion for a staggering 6,376 pet projects, spread among virtually every congressional district in the land.

and

One wonders what more Young could have wanted. The bill funnels upward of $941 million to 119 earmarked projects in Alaska, including $223 million for a mile-long bridge linking an island with 50 residents to the town of Ketchikan on the mainland. Another $231 million is earmarked for a new bridge in Anchorage, to be named -- this is specified in the legislation -- Don Young's Way. There is $3 million for a film ''about infrastructure that demonstrates advancements in Alaska, the last frontier." The bill even doffs its cap to Young's wife, Lu: The House formally called it ''The Transportation Equity Act -- a Legacy for Users," or TEA-LU.

and

Meander through the bill's endless line items and you find a remarkable variety of ''highway" projects, many of which have nothing to do with highways: Horse riding facilities in Virginia ($600,000). A snowmobile trail in Vermont ($5.9 million). Parking for New York's Harlem Hospital ($8 million). A bicycle and pedestrian trail in Tennessee ($532,000). A daycare center and park-and-ride facility in Illinois ($1.25 million). Dust control mitigation for rural Arkansas ($3 million). The National Packard Museum in Ohio ($2.75 million). A historical trolley project in Washington ($200,000).

$24 BILLION in bull**** projects like horse tracks, snowmobile trails, bike trails, and vintage car museums.

When we a) have troops in Iraq and Afghanistan without the proper equipment, b) a House Majority Leader who thinks the budget is so lean there's no fat to cut and c) (biggest of all) a major national disaster to repair.

The GOP used to be all about reining in spending (and cutting taxes). Now they are just about cutting taxes, and giving a free rein to spending (unless it is something that helps people, like the Heritage Foundation's suggestion of cutting Medicare and prescription drug benefits).

I'm sure there is a much better way to spend that $24 billion. Say, in Louisana? And not on historical trolley projects...

http://robschumacher.blogspot.com/2005/09/republican-pork-barrel.html

Agreed.

Conservative radio and press always talks about 'free-spending liberals', but the Bush Administration has them beat with all the money it has spent.

Of course he does, but you both are making it alright for what Congress is doing. Talk about party attack dogs.

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 01:06 PM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Wed 07/09/08 01:06 PM

How would you rate the way Congress is doing its job?

Excellent
2%

Good
7%

Fair
36%

Poor
52%

OK,
45% think Congress does at least a fair job!
That's a far cry from your claim of 9%!

So, do you want me to use anyone but Rasmussen from now on instead? Every one of them has Congress's approval in the teens or the lower 20s.

http://www.pollingreport.com/CongJob.htm

I dont care what you use!

Just try reporting the truth for a change!drinker

Yeah, me report the truth, though when I do, which is supported 9.9 times out of ten, you still don't care. I could ask the same of you on a much grander scale, but I know you would just reply with further insults and childish icons.

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 11:56 AM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Wed 07/09/08 11:58 AM

Why the nasty attitude and defense of the NeoCon Rhetoric?

First of all, when you do not even know what the neoconservative ideology entails and see that I obviously do not support it, I think calling me such is ridiculous and childish. Resorting to schoolyard name-calling.

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 11:55 AM

How would you rate the way Congress is doing its job?

Excellent
2%

Good
7%

Fair
36%

Poor
52%

OK,
45% think Congress does at least a fair job!
That's a far cry from your claim of 9%!

So, do you want me to use anyone but Rasmussen from now on instead? Every one of them has Congress's approval in the teens or the lower 20s.

http://www.pollingreport.com/CongJob.htm

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 11:53 AM

To add:

From Gallup, and this is all the way back in May:

"Congress' Approval Rating Ties Lowest in Gallup Records" http://www.gallup.com/poll/107242/Congress-Approval-Rating-Ties-Lowest-Gallup-Records.aspx

In that May one, Bush 29% and Congress 18% approval. And, just wait for the next Gallup poll. Bush has been on a rise in approval while it is Congress that has been in a very steady decline. And, I have a feeling the trend will continue.

In May already 57% of the US population supported drilling. (very interesting info in the full report as well) - http://www.gallup.com/poll/108121/Majority-Americans-Support-Drilling-OffLimits-Areas.aspx

With Bush supporting it and Congress opposing it I think it will reflect in the polls as well. That was May as well, gas has jumped since then quite significantly.

To continue on my post about Congress approval and drilling for oil. Now Democratic Senator **** DURBIN says he might be behind new off-shore drilling. - http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN0930217120080709?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Sounds like his constituents in Illinois are pushing hard for him to support it, or, being a fellow Senator from Illinois maybe he is assisting Obama since there is no way Obama could support this without his strong liberal supporters going nuts over another move to the center/right (especially after his FISA support).

But, there is something even better about this news. Here is a quote from the article:

".....adding that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid could also support the move."

Harry Reid supporting off-shore drilling? Have we entered bizarro world? I could really use a shocked "WHAT?" icon right now.

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 11:46 AM

You Also forgot to mention this,

Democrats continue to lead Republicans by double-digits in the Rasmussen Reports generic congressional ballot. When given the choice, 47% of voters nationwide would vote for their district’s Democratic candidate, while 34% would choose their Republican candidate.

bigsmile

As would I, my Congressional District is good with Democrats. That doesn't take away from the facts that a majority think Congress as a whole is absolutely horrible as well as large numbers think that they are doing a very dismal, yet 'fair' performance. "Fair" is pretty much the "I didn't expect anything different but the norm" category.

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 11:41 AM
To add:

From Gallup, and this is all the way back in May:

"Congress' Approval Rating Ties Lowest in Gallup Records" http://www.gallup.com/poll/107242/Congress-Approval-Rating-Ties-Lowest-Gallup-Records.aspx

In that May one, Bush 29% and Congress 18% approval. And, just wait for the next Gallup poll. Bush has been on a rise in approval while it is Congress that has been in a very steady decline. And, I have a feeling the trend will continue.

In May already 57% of the US population supported drilling. (very interesting info in the full report as well) - http://www.gallup.com/poll/108121/Majority-Americans-Support-Drilling-OffLimits-Areas.aspx

With Bush supporting it and Congress opposing it I think it will reflect in the polls as well. That was May as well, gas has jumped since then quite significantly.

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 11:37 AM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Wed 07/09/08 11:38 AM
disregard, wrong topic

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 11:29 AM
Oh, just stop trying. I've already posted all this using a Progressive website source that pushes Progressive agendas and he will hear none of it.

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 11:24 AM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Wed 07/09/08 11:32 AM

9 Percent Approval, first time in history of single digits ever for the US government, and Congress took the prize.

See,
It just proves you are a NeoCon, up to NeoCon tactics of debate!

What the article says, (your link)

This month, just 9% say Congress is doing a good or excellent job. Most voters (52%) say Congress is doing a poor job, which ties the record high in that dubious category.

OK, Rasmussen does a piss poor job of polling to begin with!
Proof- 52 plus 9 equals 61%. Anyway you add it. (only one way I know how)
That still leaves 39% they left floating out there in space somewhere!
Hmmmmm, I'll bet that 39% said they are doing OK. Not excellent, not poor! Rassmussen just chose not to report them because if they did not report them it gives the NeoCon immpression (their goal) that only 9 % think Congress is doing an "excellent" job!

Now, back to school.
39 plus 9 equals 48%. 48% who believe the Democrats with a 1 person majority in the Senate and not much more than that in the House, are doing an OK job! (not excellent, not poor)
That my friend is just about par with every other poll I have seen!
Now, don't you feel like a fool??
Or would that be a NeoCon who is distorting the numbers!!!

It is actually only 36% that think Congress is doing "Fair" and that is the lowest rating above the 52% that think Congress is doing poor. Look on the top right of the report on the site and you'll see the breakdown.

Rasmussen has more ratings than other polls. Most have three, one of those being "Unsure". Rasmussen has 4 ratings, Excellent, Good, Fair, and Poor. It is going to be more divided. But, you have to assume an "Unsure" in there somewhere, since he does not have that category. Where do those people fall? You don't know.

Whatever the case, approval is absolutely dismal. Lowest in history.

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 10:31 AM
Madisonman and Dragoness do not cite from Commondreams.org anymore, if you do, Fanta says you are a NeoCon...lol.

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 10:30 AM

I read the articles, and like too much NeoCon Rhetoric Ive read lately, it does not say all you claim it to say!

You can make claims of being a Democrat all day but if it walks like a NeoCon and talks like a NeoCon, then by golly its a NeoCon!!
:wink: drinker drinker

Citing CommonDreams.org makes me a NeoCon? lol what? And, you can insult me all you want, belittle, use weak childish derogatory humor all you want as well, as long as it makes you feel good about yourself you shall be happy. Congrats.

no photo
Wed 07/09/08 10:29 AM

a nasty disposition toward ladies

WHAT? More personal insults?

And, I guess you didn't read the entire article or anything past the first linked material for it is more than just about corporate planes. It has DIRECT lobbyist links, as does my post right before this one as well. Nothing sticks when you have blinders on. Remove them for a moment. These guys are typical politicians, as dirty as the others. Not golden, not messiahs.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25