Community > Posts By > Starsailor2851

no photo
Thu 07/17/08 11:23 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know, somewhere on this forum, that I will be de-activating my profile for this site. Business, graduate courses, and just general wasting of time that could be spent doing other more worthwhile things are all the reasons why I shall be leaving this site permanently. So, best to all of you and adios.

no photo
Thu 07/17/08 10:46 AM

Exxon

July 23, 2007 stock sold for 93.44

July 15, 2008 stock sold for 82.19

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=XOM#chart1:symbol=xom;range=1y;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

It says it all right there. I ignored no facts, I did the research on my own to figure out the data, I didn't simply copy and paste an article like you did.

Is this a personal insult because you have nothing of fact to offer? Yes, yes, I believe it is!

See this is why a person cant have an intelligent factual debate with you young man!
You refuse to acknowledge the truth!
Even when the facts are presented for you! This is why I dont waste my time trying!

Enjoy your game of golf!drinker

Can't you read those numbers? They show that Exxon stock has slid more than 10 points. It's as clear as day.

no photo
Thu 07/17/08 10:43 AM
Richard Armitage leaked the name and he admitted it. The trial was all for show and for Patrick Fitzgerald to make a national name for himself.

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 11:21 AM
Now I'm off to golf, finally.

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 11:17 AM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Wed 07/16/08 11:20 AM
Exxon

July 23, 2007 stock sold for 93.44

July 15, 2008 stock sold for 82.19

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=XOM#chart1:symbol=xom;range=1y;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

It says it all right there. I ignored no facts, I did the research on my own to figure out the data, I didn't simply copy and paste an article like you did.

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 11:15 AM

Exxon stock is down nearly 10 points since a year ago. All you need to do is go to Yahoo Finance and look it up to see it. 92 to 82.

Wrong!

What I reported, if you'll look, is straight off their corporate web-site. Those are Exxons own figures.

Sorry they dont agree with your statement, but those are the facts.
Those figures are from the real world!

Go on Yahoo Finance and look at the 1 year stock records.

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 11:14 AM

Exxon stock is down nearly 10 points since a year ago. All you need to do is go to Yahoo Finance and look it up to see it. 92 to 82.

And their stock has what to do with their earning? They can still make a profit and their stock can go down because of "projected" losses.

Yes yes, but I'm talking to Fanta and others who argue that all those who own Exxon stocks are going to get super rich because we are stealing oil in Iraq and with high oil prices (like they have real control over it). The fact is those big wigs in government, business, or wherever they be that supposedly own these stocks and are getting super wealthy as it goes through the roof is just not true.

Exxon is getting wealthy, like they weren't already (how dare private business make profit, whose profit margin is like 10% and one of the lowest of all business), but those who hold stock in it are not.

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 11:09 AM

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 11:05 AM

I just had a pothole get thrown at me when I was driving down my street the other day, damn Mother Nature's been pissed at me for weeks now. She has it out for me I swear. I may just take her to court and sue for damages, or at least get a restraining order.

Good luck with that. I'm pretty sure you can't sue for acts of God... laugh

That's true, well I'm off to go golfing, maybe I can get back at that wench Mother Earth by putting a few divots in her again.

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 10:57 AM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Wed 07/16/08 10:57 AM

Do you drive a car, use plastics, watch TV, have a cellphone, use a computer (obviously yes), eat meat, eat vegetables, ever flown on a plane?

HOW DARE YOU, YOU ARE KILLING US ALL!

Ridiculous, the world is not about to end, to think us puny humans have any real impact on this planet that it cannot deal with is a huge superiority complex issue. It could wipe us all nearly out in a few days if it chose to.

I love when nature gets pissed off and starts throwing random calamities at idiots. Keeps them on their toes. Most of them anyway.

I just had a pothole get thrown at me when I was driving down my street the other day, damn Mother Nature's been pissed at me for weeks now. She has it out for me I swear. I may just take her to court and sue for damages, or at least get a restraining order.

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 10:54 AM

Club Gitmo. Four meals a daycooked by professional chefs, free plush rugs, nice tropical view, free reading material, tropical climate though with good air conditioning, nice recreation, and employees waiting on you 24/7. Sign me up.

Do you like being a parrot for Rush Limbaugh?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/eibessential/illustrating_absurdity/clubgitmo.guest.html

Why don't you lighten up and stop being so angry and rude all the time?

I'm just making the point that 'Club Gitmo' was not your idea.

So why pretend that it is?

At least acknowledge the original source.

Yes Master? I never claimed that it was my own idea.

But, you use McSame, McConfused, NeoCon, and so on all the time without acknowledging that you were not the original source for that, but that is alright?

Chill out, oh wise one....lol.

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 10:50 AM

While we are drilling then we might as well forget about our kids futures and grand kids and say heck to the fact that our already poluted earth is in the verge of dissimination..............i guess oil is way more important than the future of our kids............oh what the hell drill until we all freakin die as long as my car has gas............frustrated frustrated

Do you drive a car, use plastics, watch TV, have a cellphone, use a computer (obviously yes), eat meat, eat vegetables, ever flown on a plane?

HOW DARE YOU, YOU ARE KILLING US ALL!

Ridiculous, the world is not about to end, to think us puny humans have any real impact on this planet that it cannot deal with is a huge superiority complex issue. It could wipe us all nearly out in a few days if it chose to.

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 10:46 AM

Club Gitmo. Four meals a daycooked by professional chefs, free plush rugs, nice tropical view, free reading material, tropical climate though with good air conditioning, nice recreation, and employees waiting on you 24/7. Sign me up.

Do you like being a parrot for Rush Limbaugh?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/eibessential/illustrating_absurdity/clubgitmo.guest.html

Why don't you lighten up and stop being so angry and rude all the time?

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 10:45 AM

Again I ask, what specific platform is Obama running on that will cure our slow economy? Bueller..Bueller..Beuller?

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/

Obama is planning on giving us all alot of money, I just wonder where he plans on getting it all. Maybe he owns a field of pots of gold or has a money tree. He is the golden child after all. Actually, he just plans on tax tax taxing the same people that hire you and I for jobs.

New government programs, increased spending, new social programs, giving money back to the people, eliminating taxes for a few, increasing global aid with the Global Povery Act. That is sure a big spender there. Glad we don't have an overspending issue in government already.

Yeah I wonder why we are in the deficit that we are in since all Bush has done is spend governtment funds on defense...................isnt it easy to talk and talk but when it comes down to actually doing I think that we all have to work collectively...........meaning this America the land where people have a say in the matter of the government and with that said why dont you do more than talk about what Obama is going to do and be a proactive participant in trying to voice the voices of the unheard and disenfranchised..............its cool that we are debating but this only can go so far it nitpicking instead of giving solutions to what needs to be done.................what do you think Sen.Obama and Mc Cain should do to move America forward..............you seem intelligent why dont you give us your plans instead of just complaining.................

Remove all government subsidies first of all.

Institute a Fair Tax, where everyone pays the same percent in taxes. A truly fair system.

Truly cut pork spending in Washington. Something that ALL politicians have been invovled in, including Obama.

Eliminate no-bid contracts. The food service for Congress is always in debt because most Congressmen never pay bills. Bring in a private company to supply food and make those poor Congressmen on the hill pay for their meals.

Remove restrictions on drilling and exploration for all sources of energy, coal, oil, natural gas. This will create massive amounts of job opportunities, lowering unemployment. And, of course build new refineries.

Build new nuclear facilities.

Give corporate/big business tax incentives if they invest heavily in alternative fuels. And, give general tax incentives as well for research and developments of products that will have a huge impact on large amounts of the US population, such as new plastics, new drugs, and stuff of that sort.

Eliminate a minimum wage. With it increased now if forces small businesses to fire young workers, hire less, reward good employees less with wage increases, reduce benefits, and so forth. The market and employees will set a good market wage for job starters in lower fields of business.

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 10:33 AM

Sorry, the stealing Iraqi oil thing is for the crazy people of this group. I forgot to clean this post up to be on the discussion level with someone sane, and with a really awesome picture...lol.

That use to be true about home refinery. Though, with outdated, inefficient refineries I don't disagree that the more new and advanced refineries elsewhere do it better. However, back to the first sentence. This CNN program I was watching a bit back. They said that as long as oil is above $55 for a barrel of oil it is profitable to drill and refine in the US. Granted once we probably start drilling and refining on our own suddenly a barrel of oil would drop to $40, but whatcha gonna do? lol

Canada and Mexico are foreign, so we are still dependent on foreign oil. They set the price for a barrel of oil, not us. Why Canada and Mexico decides to charge so much, especially Canada with how much oil they have I have no clue.

BLAME CANADA!

Pretty simple really. They charge so much because they can continue to get it. Isn't Capitalism great?

Oh, capitalism is great, it's just when government becomes invovled in screwing with a free market when things go wrong.

Exhibit 1: Government subsidies for farmers producing corn solely for e85 ethanol. Big company farms reap total benefits, little farmers not able to supply the demand, and food prices rise here and all around the world. Third world and very poor in US get hurt the worse.

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 10:27 AM

Again I ask, what specific platform is Obama running on that will cure our slow economy? Bueller..Bueller..Beuller?

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/

Obama is planning on giving us all alot of money, I just wonder where he plans on getting it all. Maybe he owns a field of pots of gold or has a money tree. He is the golden child after all. Actually, he just plans on tax tax taxing the same people that hire you and I for jobs.

New government programs, increased spending, new social programs, giving money back to the people, eliminating taxes for a few, increasing global aid with the Global Povery Act. That is sure a big spender there. Glad we don't have an overspending issue in government already.

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 10:23 AM

If it was corporate greed and gouging than why would the companies be taking a hit in the stock market so badly?

The stock market is based solely on speculation. You'd have to ask the speculators why they lowered the stock price. Somehow, with their profit margins, I'll think they'll survive the crunch...

If they have stolen all the Iraqi oil and are doing so well for themselves, the CEOs and those pulling the strings in government who own the Exxon stock are taking huge hits to their stocks. It has gone down nearly ten points since last time this year.

Who said anything about them stealing Iraqi oil? Now you're just being silly.

Most of the oil we import comes from Canada and Mexico. Less than 5% is from the Middle East. And again, the reason we're importing so much isn't because we don't have crude. It's because it's still cheaper to import it from somewhere else than it is to refine it here.

But our "dependence" on foreign oil makes a good excuse for skyrocketing gas prices, doesn't it? :wink:

Sorry, the stealing Iraqi oil thing is for the crazy people of this group. I forgot to clean this post up to be on the discussion level with someone sane, and with a really awesome picture...lol.

That use to be true about home refinery. Though, with outdated, inefficient refineries I don't disagree that the more new and advanced refineries elsewhere do it better. However, back to the first sentence. This CNN program I was watching a bit back. They said that as long as oil is above $55 for a barrel of oil it is profitable to drill and refine in the US. Granted once we probably start drilling and refining on our own suddenly a barrel of oil would drop to $40, but whatcha gonna do? lol

Canada and Mexico are foreign, so we are still dependent on foreign oil. They set the price for a barrel of oil, not us. Why Canada and Mexico decides to charge so much, especially Canada with how much oil they have I have no clue.

BLAME CANADA!

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 10:18 AM

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 10:14 AM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Wed 07/16/08 10:16 AM
Let's put one of those evil NeoCon as VP then, they know how to manage money.

Had to edit because some people may think I was attacking a certain group of people. We all know who a NeoCon is, it's another term for people that live in Israel. It's the good way to attack an ethnicity.

no photo
Wed 07/16/08 10:11 AM

Anyways, I've said what I need to on this topic. And, I'm off to bed. I know many people personally and myself included who would jump on the opportunity to enter into energy fields of oil and natural gas if there was a huge increase of employment opportunities and benefits.

But those people and you are ignoring the facts provided by experts. You are only listening to what the NeoCons and the oil companies are telling Bush to say! He too is ignoring the experts opinions just like he did before invading Iraq!

Also, we do have the technologies, a combined number of them needed to change in less time than we can lift the oil from the ground! Plus these technologies, combined, will produce far more employment opportunities than oil drilling!

Even if Congress lifts the law keeping them from drilling tomorrow. They will still have to battle every State government who's shores they wish to drill off of, negotiate deals with the ones that let them, destroy natural wilderness refuges, and battle every ecological group in the nation before they can even move an oil drilling platform into place!

This is not Russia, Venezuela, or Cuba where the government can just do what they want without confronting the people or following proper procedures!

Fanta,

I agree.

While additional drilling might serve our short-term needs, it will not solve our energy problems in the long run.

We need to increase efficiencies and develop more alternative sources of energy.

And yet this same time last year the excuse for the rising gas prices was lack of refining capability. Has that suddenly changed?

Or do people think oil just magically turns into gas once its drilled?

Of course the building of new oil refineries would be included in the drilling for oil. To not do so would make absolutely no sense. Problem is, like the environmentalist lobby that has put the notion in government that drilling is evil and killing us all, so have they argued even better that you can't build new oil refineries, which we haven't done so since the 1970s! We continue to only update the old, worn out refineries with new stuff. It's ridiculous.

That's a pretty big assumption. Building new refineries costs a lot more than drilling.

And as I understand it, we're only updating the old ones when deemed necessary...

Which is funny because we keep hearing about lack of refinery capacity and you would think that would motivate them...

Still seems like they're blowing smoke to me. Last year we had too much crude, this year we don't have enough. If and when they do start drilling are they just going to swing back the other way again? Got to have something to blame gas prices on. Can't be corporate greed and just gouging the consumer, can it?

If it was corporate greed and gouging than why would the companies be taking a hit in the stock market so badly? The stock of Exxon has been on the steady decline now for a looong time. I think last time I looked it was down 12% this year. If they have stolen all the Iraqi oil and are doing so well for themselves, the CEOs and those pulling the strings in government who own the Exxon stock are taking huge hits to their stocks. It has gone down nearly ten points since last time this year.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25