Community > Posts By > Starsailor2851

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 06:46 PM
France, Canada, Germany, Sweden (conservatives in power now), Poland, Czech Republic, Kosovo, Chechnya, and Albania's increase in pro-Americanism and pro-Bush leaders shed a different light on the opinion of us and Bush in the world.

As to security we have not been hit by a terrorist attack since 9/11. And, we have a highly trained military should any real world conflict arise. Battle hardened military.

As to economy there is nothing earth shattering. In an economics standpoint we have not hit a recession. The first quarter was a 1% GDP growth. Better than most countries in the world, including Europe. Europe has higher fuel and food prices, and much higher unemployment. Our unemployment, with 5% being considered full employment, is just slightly higher than that. The economy is not good, not good at all, but most of the world economy is pretty crappy. Economies will rise, hit a ceiling, decline, hit bottom and then rise again. It is a healthy economic cycle.

It is far too early to determine what the result will be of all decisions. Iraq's economy and stability are on an impressive rise. Investment is heavily flowing into it and oil production is set to far exceed what had ever been produced before in that country. Iraq has always been a far more diverse economy than just oil as well, and should it go into full production and trade it will assist to the future rise of the world market, which will happen in time.

I suggest everything not be in doomsday mode, history repeats itself, we've been in this spot before, and we will be in it again, but what follows are times that are high and prosperous for us all as well.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 06:36 PM

i just wonder who is dumb enough to support the worst president every, even worse the Nixon.

The racists ,and those who like the neo cons and all the Administration propaganda among other morons .

The racists?

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 06:35 PM

How old are you really?
15, 16?

Personal attacks, on the level of child, against a man far younger than yourself is quite pathetic.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 06:34 PM

Read the Report!
Then tell me how smart you arent!

Explain to me how you know better than them that drilling for more oil will affect the price we pay at the pump. They say it wont, but we are supposed to beleive you??? LMAO

At least tell me you opened your eyes and read the government report!!

I have read it, but stuff just doesn't add up. They just recently found absolutely massive natural gas supplies in NY, PA, and Ohio. They just discovered massive oil shale in the Green River Basin that has up to 1 trillion barrels of oil in it. They have already begun and been drilling for natural gas in northern PA for awhile now, soon to survey my own land up north as well. There is supposedly massive amounts of natural gas there.

Increase of supply draws price down.

In WWII we were not set up for a war economy. However, after Pearl Harbor and all our ships were hit in the port we went into massive production of iron, steel, ship production, military good production, consumer good production, ammo production, weapon production and so forth. What the government did to create this big business economy shift was use patriotism but also huge monetary incentives. The US government has used this numerous times since then.

We can do the same thing for oil and natural gas. I just saw this Dateline or 60 Minutes episode where this guy went to Canada to assist in the oil fields up there and is making $150k a year and he doesn't even have a college degree. Make incentives like that, they don't even need to be half that, and our huge labor force will go running to overwhelm those jobs. Huge labor in the oil and natural gas industries and the supports that create platforms and such will cause production and time stamps to be moved up significantly.

National economic campaign operated by the private sector though backed by the government incentives.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 06:26 PM

Did you happen to see the commericals being run by the Texas oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens? He supports massive wind farms and other alternative fuel development as well as drilling. He supports a massive national energy reserve buildup.

Mr. Pickens is no fool...

Nope, I find his proposals are interesting. I haven't visited his site yet, but I am a bit skeptical about the wind power thing. I'll have to look into it on his site. I've always read it is very inefficient, but maybe he knows something others don't. People support wind power until they learn their scenery of mountain tops will be covered in these huge ugly fans...lol.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 06:22 PM

Aint it funny how the 15% who still support Bush ignore the obvious??noway noway noway

Bush's approval ratings are 28% according to Gallup you propagandist. - http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 06:20 PM

I bet Ive posted that same study 20 times and you still dont get it!!!
Or, maybe you think you know more than the experts!!

laugh laughlaugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

The study is by bureaucrats. Break down the system to the private sector, let them do what must be done, put mass incentives for the youth for high paying oil jobs and there ya go.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 06:19 PM

Well since most americans want us to drill I guess that leaves the few outnumbered.

DRILL! DRILL! Drill!

Yeaaa... Bush! :smile:

I count 4 for drilling!!
9 for not!

Where'd you go to school?

"A majority of Americans (57%) interviewed in a mid-May Gallup Panel survey approve of expanding drilling for oil in offshore and wilderness areas considered to be off-limits." - http://www.gallup.com/poll/108121/Majority-Americans-Support-Drilling-OffLimits-Areas.aspx

Read that, it says not drilling in general, but drilling in "areas considered to be off-limits".

Yeah, but in 2004 51% voted for Bush. Today I bet he wouldnt get 15%.
Americans can bbe slow to get it. Esp when they are not presented with the truth! Some even when they are will never get it. Just look at you and Quickstepper!

Nice personal attack. You based your assumption on an individual to a commodity that we all need to maintain our way of life. They don't compare. If we would have drilled a decade ago we would have all the oil and other energy sources we could have ever wanted. But, oil was low back then, gas was low, and the environmentalist lobbies prevented anything from being done. They prevented the levees in New Orleans from being reinforced and strengthed because of swamp lands for goodness sake and look what happened with the weak levees.

Drill now for oil in mass production and oil prices will drop. Drill now heavily for natural gas in PA and energy prices will go down for natural gas (which is on a steep rise as well). We could mass produce ships and drill for oil to supply us in WWII in no time, but for some reason it would take many years to get oil? That's bull. We just allocate resources heavily to oil. Give incentives for mass youth labor to assist and there ya go, massive labor, massive operations and quicker drilling practices to get the oil here asap.

The reason they gave such a long wait for oil is because they are a bureaucracy that will hold up every process as will the environmentalists that will try to put up every roadblock, just like they did with the New Orleans levees that led to mass death and destruction when they broke.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 06:08 PM

If I had a vote, I'd only vote "yea" to open more drilling areas if oil subsidies were yanked and used to incent development of solar, wind, etc...

Did you happen to see the commericals being run by the Texas oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens? He supports massive wind farms and other alternative fuel development as well as drilling. He supports a massive national energy reserve buildup.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 06:02 PM

Well since most americans want us to drill I guess that leaves the few outnumbered.

DRILL! DRILL! Drill!

Yeaaa... Bush! :smile:

I count 4 for drilling!!
9 for not!

Where'd you go to school?

"A majority of Americans (57%) interviewed in a mid-May Gallup Panel survey approve of expanding drilling for oil in offshore and wilderness areas considered to be off-limits." - http://www.gallup.com/poll/108121/Majority-Americans-Support-Drilling-OffLimits-Areas.aspx

Read that, it says not drilling in general, but drilling in "areas considered to be off-limits".

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 05:59 PM

China will eventually collapse internally from this shift to capitalism and then will see real economic chaos.

What do you base that prediction on?

The rise of the middle class. It looks just like Europe through the Middle Ages to modern day where merchants were becoming far more richer and powerful than nobles. The rise of the Middle Class caused the spread of classical liberalism that brought about the US, France and so forth. And, it is the concept that made Japan and South Korea economic powerhouses, that anyone, no matter class or origin of birth can be as rich as any other.

This is growing in China.

PLUS, we also have the very oppressed rural classes. The rural areas are starting to witness more and more cousins, relatives, and former neighbors who went to the city coming back to visit or sending pictures of all the cool stuff they have and all the money they have. These people in the rural areas are saying "screw working my butt off in the field and living in poverty", and choosing more and more to go to cities. The Chinese government doesn't want this, they need the farmers and rural class, without them China collapses and thus the rural citizens are being forced, locked into a class system.

They will eventually become too large and too ticked off to let it continue, added with the rise of a middle class achieved by capitalism you got yourself big trouble for the Communists.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 05:54 PM

You forgot our war and regional instability.

Well I wasn't going to list every single factor cause there are likely hundreds. The markets of today are so incredibly collapse I have no idea how day traders and such can follow it all. It would likely cause my head to explode.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 05:53 PM

Better get used to China as a world power and not go picking a fight.

Ted Koppel's series, "The People's Republic of Capitalism" has been excellent in the small pieces I've caught.

China will eventually collapse internally from this shift to capitalism and then will see real economic chaos.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 05:51 PM

It's the fear of the Bush economic collapse that drove oil down, not Alfred E. Newman.

NEW YORK — Oil prices fell harder than they have in 17 years Tuesday, as fears that record fuel prices are spreading broad economic pain led to the third big sell-off in just over a week.

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and the Organization for Petroleum Exporting Countries were responsible for the day’s breathtaking loss.

Light, sweet crude plunged $6.44, or 4.4 percent, to settle at $138.74 in an extremely volatile session. Prices at one point dropped more than $10 a barrel from the day’s high.
[+]Enlarge
Story Photo
Story Photo

The turnaround may not signal a lasting shift in sentiment — prices have swung violently in recent days as they flirted with record highs. But it does underscore investor uncertainty about the sustainability of sky-high prices and potentially long-lasting effects on the broader economy.

Earlier, the contract rose as high as $146.73 and fell as low as $135.92. Prices hit a record $147.27 Friday.

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke told Congress that “numerous difficulties” are racking the economy of the world’s largest oil consumer, and warned that rising prices for energy and food are elevating the risks of inflation.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2008/07/15/news/business/doc487d11f77ba4a170441054.txt

Your BS is unending...

There are more than a few factors. Shipping, crude arrival, delays, storms on seas, international diplomacy, a fire at a plant, international figures saying something, and economic factors all have an impact on the price of oil. But, most of all it has to do with supply and demand that caused the prices of oil to skyrocket to where it is at today.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 05:46 PM
It's all a lie, the evil Zionist Jews control us all, next our minds! Run! Don't forget your tinfoil hats kids.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 05:44 PM

Some folks would sell there soul for a dollar!

So, he is a self-hating black man who sold his soul for money and doesn't actually believe in the positions he supports? Come on, talk about a bigoted opinion.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 05:40 PM

Bush calling for more offshore oil drilling is a smoke screen.
The price drop is merely coincidental.

Suurrrre it is Mr. Know It All. It happens mere hours after he says it, but it was just all pure luck...riiight.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 02:53 PM

The Racist Rush Limbaugh,

PHILADELPHIA -- Donovan McNabb has been to three straight Pro Bowls and two consecutive NFC championship games, and was runner-up for NFL MVP in his first full season as a starter.

Still, commentator Rush Limbaugh saw fit to question the quarterback's credentials.

Before McNabb led the Philadelphia Eagles to a 23-13 victory over the Buffalo Bills, Limbaugh said on ESPN's "Sunday NFL Countdown" that McNabb is overrated. However, Limbaugh injected his comment with racial overtones that have set off a controversy.

"Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go," Limbaugh said. "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1627887

There was no reason to bring this Great NFL Quarterbacks skin color into Rush's unqualified opinion. If he didnt think the man was good, as ridiculous as that is, all he had to say was Donovan McNabb is not as good as the media makes him out I think the defense is the real hero of this team!

Not Rush, but of course this was the same week that he would be arrested for Doctor searching and black Market purchases of illegal Narcotics!

If Rush is racist why is it that one of the longest employees to the show, Bo Snerdley, who is a conservative black man and friend of Rush as well, is not only employed by Rush but often given live air time?

Oh yeah, he's a conservative black man, so he has to be a self-hating black man, I forgot, stupid me.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 02:49 PM
I'm a huge Eagles fan, McNabb sucks. The media plays him up to be a great quarterback but he is absolutely horrible. He's even worse now that he has been injured so much he is a puss to scramble. Instead now he just decides to whip it at the receivers feet all the time.

no photo
Tue 07/15/08 02:44 PM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Tue 07/15/08 02:45 PM

Bush made us into what he deplores. We are now the major player in the evil of this world. We have waged war in countries who did not strike us first. So we are now the evil of this world thanks to Bush.

So, you can only attack people who have attacked you first? Are those the new rules? You must wait for death and destruction on the population you sword to defend before defending yourself against it?

Nobody believes the big lie that Saddam had any links to Al-Queda anymore so why didn't we attack Saudi Arabia since all the hi-jackers were from there and being financed by people from there?

Did I say that? No.

But, everyone in the intelligence agency believed he had WMD and was hiding banned items (which he was with illegal missiles and such). And, he was financing terror by sending $25,000 to families of martyred suicide bombers in the Palestinian territories (that money I doubt got into the hands of families, more likely got in Hamas' hands).

If you need a reason why we didn't attack Saudi Arabia you are not adept at international affairs. Think in reality, not in the fantasy world.

I know why we didn't go after Saudi because they were long time friends with Bush. The war on Iraq was planned from the beginning of Bush's term. He repeatly linked Saddam to Al-Queda and exploited 9/11 and the fearful, faithful, ignorant and greedy never questioned him.

And we are not talking about protecting Israel, we are talking about attacking a Sovereign Country that wasn't a threat to America. If you read any of the intelligence reports you know it was all fixed. Cheney put Feith in charge of his own department and they handpicked false and misleading information to present a case for war.
Douglas Feith who was a spy for Israel and charged with espinoge had to get clearance to even work for the CIA.

While Bush repeated Saddam had ties with Al-Queda. More like he needed to continue a relationship with the Saudi's to continue to get oil while he rushed into war on Iraq based on lies and misinformation. Bush is so self-serving he doesn't care if Saudi's finance al-queda as long as they supply oil while his oil war continues and our soldiers die for it.

Hey, but I'm not worried about protecting Israel, I am worried about what is in the best interest of America. I am thinking you are the one who is living in a fantasy and can't or don't want to deal with reality.

We didn't go after the Saudis because they have long partnership with the entire US government and businesses, not just Bush. They've been included for decades now. Did you hear any Democrats or Republicans in Congress suggest attacking Saudi Arabia after 9/11? Nope. To suggest it was a Bush thing is ridiculous.

I'm sure you read all the intelligence reports ever reported, right? German, French, Israel, American, Italy, and on and on had intelligence estimates that Iraq had WMD. That is fact. You can bring up all the evil Israel Jews controlling everything all you want, but it does not stand. The fact is Saddam was giving $25,000 to terroists in the Palestinian territories. Saddam freely allowed terrorist camps in northern Iraq to be maintained and operate freely. This is fact.

Saddam was a threat to us. He allowed terror camps to operate in Iraq. Traded illegally with UN officials in the Oil for Food Scandal and received illegal goods. Had on him missiles, found right before we went in by UN Inspectors, to be banned missiles that we never knew he had and reached further than any before that he suddenly decided to show us.

And, do you want something even more suggestive?

Abdul Rahman Yasin

You see the world from the dark side of lies , propaganda and Zionists agenda .

And I suppose you are the enlightened genius who knows so vastly superior amounts of information you never need to share where you got this great wisdom, right?

I got it from US robots and US morons....rofl :
I mean those media brainwashed and Administration worshippers .rofl rofl

Why do I even try to debate like a human being? Dealing with a bunch of grownup children.

so what Saddam was giving money to Palestine.

No, giving money to terrorists in the Palestinian territories, unless you support suicide bombers who solely target civilians?

PLEASE use the "There are no civilians in Israel because all must serve in the Israeli armed forces" line, it would be such icing on the cake.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25