Community > Posts By > Starsailor2851

no photo
Tue 07/08/08 11:41 AM
US and Czech Republic sign missile DEFENSE shield deal - http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080708162514.guwzlk4j&show_article=1

no photo
Tue 07/08/08 11:38 AM
This is as new news as you can possibly get, so we do not know the exact details yet.

Russia says a ratifying of a US-Czech Missle Pact will force a "military" response.

Suggestions are they might just point missiles, including nuclear missiles at the Czechs and Poland.

no photo
Tue 07/08/08 11:34 AM

Posted the story yesterday along with the fact that Saddam's 550 tons of uranium was finally safely removed from Iraq as well as another good news report.

This is certainly good news. Today, the state department rejected a withdrawal without conditions, since the Iraqi government does want the US to remain a close security partner.

This whole thing shows that the Iraqi government is becoming a diplomatic player along with the economic discussions they have been in with other foreign governments. They are growing and becoming a viable economic, diplomatic, and surely secure, by their own military and security forces as well, since they are in sole military control of over 9 of their provinces.

Attacks are down. Roadside bomb attacks and fatalities down 90%, attacks in general down 80% from a year ago.

Anbar Province, the once hotbed of Sunni insurgency and al-Qaeda attacks, is now fully under Iraq Government control. Iraqi security forces are maintaining its security.

"Iraq ready for "final" battle with al Qaeda: PM" from REUTERS - http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSL1880448320080125?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

What you have posted here is slightly twisted towards your agenda but even with what you have posted, we need to leave them to taking care of their country. They asked us to leave a couple years ago and we are still occupying their country AGAINST THEIR WILL.

If we were 'occupying' them, why are we increasingly handing over whole provinces to their full military control ontop of their already full government control?

no photo
Tue 07/08/08 11:24 AM
Posted the story yesterday along with the fact that Saddam's 550 tons of uranium was finally safely removed from Iraq as well as another good news report.

This is certainly good news. Today, the state department rejected a withdrawal without conditions, since the Iraqi government does want the US to remain a close security partner.

This whole thing shows that the Iraqi government is becoming a diplomatic player along with the economic discussions they have been in with other foreign governments. They are growing and becoming a viable economic, diplomatic, and surely secure, by their own military and security forces as well, since they are in sole military control of over 9 of their provinces.

Attacks are down. Roadside bomb attacks and fatalities down 90%, attacks in general down 80% from a year ago.

Anbar Province, the once hotbed of Sunni insurgency and al-Qaeda attacks, is now fully under Iraq Government control. Iraqi security forces are maintaining its security.

"Iraq ready for "final" battle with al Qaeda: PM" from REUTERS - http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSL1880448320080125?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

no photo
Tue 07/08/08 11:11 AM
Should have started in the 1970s then we wouldn't have this issue now. We wouldn't have high gas prices and rising food prices. Thank you federal government and environmental lobbyists who have owned Congress for decades.

no photo
Tue 07/08/08 11:00 AM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Tue 07/08/08 11:08 AM

Ever notice how the Fox network is slanted towards the Republicans. Well, MSNBC is just as slanted towards the Democrats.

When will we ever have an network for us Independents who are sick and tired of listening to all the mindless drivel the Republicrats continually spout out?

My comparison? Fox = Tass and MSNBC = PRAVDA
get off you azz and do something about and quit sniveling you dont have a voice cause you cant get out nuch more than a squeek civil rights has advanced much further and has finaly found a voice ans is now being heard even the gays and lesbians the enviomentelist even the christian right but you Independant speak up we cant hear you

Because of all the rancid hot air from both of the major sides, the voice of independence is being drowned out ...

Also, ever thought of punctuating your badly spelled utterings? It would make it so much easier to shoot down.

No...people like you just like to sit on the sidelines & thumb your snot noses at those who care. I think that's worse... You offer no real solutions past complaining.

As opposed to you religious freaks who think that a non-existant friend is the answer.

Then you totally compromise your ethics by supporting theft.

I do not feel that you have any right to lecture me.

If you want to have an opinion with articulate people, then at least learn to break up one paragraph into sentences so that it makes it partially readable.

Isnt that what you are all complaining about - lack of education?

... and Im not the one complaining. I left the country of my birth to find a better living. Which I have found.

Can you say the same?

Left the country 'of your birth' to find a better living, so you decide to come onto a dating site forum and rail against it? Yeah, that's healthy.

no photo
Tue 07/08/08 10:57 AM
Aye Chihuahua!

no photo
Tue 07/08/08 10:56 AM
143 days on the job and Obama decided to quit for an upgrade.

Good idea to get out of a Congress that has an 9 percent approval rating. Only 17% approval with Democrats who have the majority in Congress. -http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/congressional_performance/congressional_performance

no photo
Tue 07/08/08 10:51 AM
Love the name calling.

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 04:47 PM

:smile: Halliburton and the war criminals Blackwater have been ripping off the American people the whole time they have been over there.:smile: No-Bid Contracts??? noway

Blackwater has never lost a client. They have been hired for countless numbers of diplomats. If I ever need a bodyguard you know who I'm hiring.

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 04:02 PM
That's 'Progess' for you.

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 03:44 PM
smirkingchimp.com, enough said.

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 03:21 PM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Mon 07/07/08 03:21 PM

Freedom from Monarchy and taxation w/o representation. Gas is still cheaper here than in Europe my friend. And hiding the truth about 9-11... lol.

Don't know about the taxation without representation thing. I just had to pay a penalty to the government because I didn't pay enough taxes before April 15. I payed all that I owed, but they said I didn't pay enough during the previous year. I looked at it as being penalized for paying my taxes. Unfair taxation still takes place, Warren Buffett pays less than his secratary in taxes, I don't think the system is quite fair yet.

Warren Buffet paid $7.82 million dollars in taxes.

If he paid that much, and his secretary paid more, how much money did she make? Damn, I should become a secretary.

lol

He paid a lower percentage than her, thats what you should have said. However, by paying a lower percentage he has so much more to spend. With all this excess to spend he buys more, spends more, hires more, invests more. Trickle down effect works.

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 03:03 PM

I would still rather live here than Iraq, France, Uganda, so on.... drinker

I love being an American!

Iraq was screwed by the Americans to steal the Iraqis oil .
I can live happily in France in day .
Uganda is in Africa , and Africa suffered from the British , french , Belgium , Italian and Portuguese dark ages of colonisation .

Then move

Thank Goodness I an in CANADA .

Are you an American?

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 02:58 PM

Unfortunately, North America has completely BIASED news media!

If you lived outside of North America, you would realize that.

Do you know any Iraqi/Afghani people, personally, I mean?
Do you know their side of the story? If not then you are making totally biased statements and therefore you may not have your facts straight.

JMO

How do you know you're not the one being brain washed?

I am amazed when I watch BBC news. Talk about scary ????

I never said brain-washed I said biased.

I know Iraqi people, who have been told good and bad stories about what is really going on there. From actual sources aka people there.

God gave me a mind, a sharp one at that, and I intend on using it.

Make informed decisions and respecting the opinions of others.

I am patriotic and I am grateful to those in the military.

I am not, however, someone who condones war for greed and this is most certainly that.

This has nothing to do with Republican versus Democrat, it is a case of morals and humanity.

Now who's being fooled...this is so much more than for greed. If thugs weren't running the UN alot of these problems would be fixed. Can you imagine...they made sudan head of human rights??? If there isn't something wrong with that pic in your eyes then you truly aren't seeing other govts. for what they are.

Who knows why other govts. aren't stepping up to the plate on this war of terror anyway. They should be. It's always our country to has to do clean up while everyone else reaps the benefits. Getting something back for us is not being imperialistic or mean or whatever some want to call us.

And as far as Sudan is concerned if anyone knows about human rights issues they would.
Funny how your helpful government has literally nothing to do with Africa....Oh yeah nothing there they want.
Just saying, that's all.

Concerning Africa:

Mr. Bush, said Mr. Geldof, "has done more than any other president so far."

And, if you knew anything about Sudan you would know it is not a black and white issue. You don't want us to go to war with Iran do you? You don't want us to increase tensions and hostility with China and Russia, right? Look into how they are tied into Sudan and how Iran has said any action by western diplomats and such in Africa would be a direct attack on Islam and would bring launch of a holy war.

Do your research. Just saying.

Should I have said they know more about "human rights violations" not "issues".

Is that a fairer statement?

No, look at what I said. I understand your points and I understand the concerns. It is brutal there like it was brutal in Somalia. And, we all know how well that one went for us. The issue is it is not a world affair where we can unite with the UN and just go on in. There are foreign roadblocks with China, Iran, and Russia. China gets a huge amount of their oil from Sudan. Iran has new military and diplomatic ties with the Sudanese government. Hezbollah has a base in Sudan as well.

It is a very very complicated issue.

I hear what you're saying...while the counter culturalists in America play back seat driver along with assorted others while our govt. tries to stabalize the mid east, China & Russia are a HUGE impediment to that process.

All those here who like to take swipes at the very country who ALWAYS steps up to the plate have nothing to say about countries like China & Russia. It's easy to pick at the good guys...right? :wink:

I can not discuss issues with robots .

Good way to deter actually having to post a detailed response, which we all know would be lacking in originality.

Anyone who can not see the truth in both politics and religion is a programmed robot and it is helpless to debate a robot . It does not take a genius to see reality and the truth . All humans are cabable of seiing what is wrong and what is right but for ugly and evilish reasons try to say otherwise .

And, you assume you are on the side of 'truth'? According to who? Yourself? And, all those on the other side are robots?

Wow, talk about an elitist, self-centered, prideful, and high and mighty opinion you have about yourself.

Everyone else is a lower than scum robot who cannot think clearly because they are too dumb, ridiculous, and pathetic?

You've clearly got a disease. I would never assume myself to be so greatly superior in all aspects to one that thinks differently than I.

If someone keeps hiding the reality and the truth , what is he or she ?.
It does not take a genius to see what is going on . Everyone can see that Iraqis are living in HELL thanks to the American Administration and absolutely no and no one is going to change reality .
The speeches and the propaganda affect only the robotic minds and not real thinkers .

Wouldn't be towing the same line despite contradictory evidence be something a robot would do? Despite evidence that contradicts your own statements you maintain the same line and will never budge. Gotta wonder what you may be.

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 02:51 PM
Edited by Starsailor2851 on Mon 07/07/08 02:52 PM

Do you know their side of the story? If not then you are making totally biased statements and therefore you may not have your facts straight.

JMO

I know Iraqi people, who have been told good and bad stories about what is really going on there. From actual sources aka people there.

I am not, however, someone who condones war for greed and this is most certainly that.

This has nothing to do with Republican versus Democrat, it is a case of morals and humanity.

Now who's being fooled...this is so much more than for greed. If thugs weren't running the UN alot of these problems would be fixed. Can you imagine...they made sudan head of human rights??? If there isn't something wrong with that pic in your eyes then you truly aren't seeing other govts. for what they are.

Who knows why other govts. aren't stepping up to the plate on this war of terror anyway. They should be. It's always our country to has to do clean up while everyone else reaps the benefits. Getting something back for us is not being imperialistic or mean or whatever some want to call us.

And as far as Sudan is concerned if anyone knows about human rights issues they would.
Funny how your helpful government has literally nothing to do with Africa....Oh yeah nothing there they want.
Just saying, that's all.

Concerning Africa:

And, if you knew anything about Sudan you would know it is not a black and white issue. You don't want us to go to war with Iran do you? You don't want us to increase tensions and hostility with China and Russia, right? Look into how they are tied into Sudan and how Iran has said any action by western diplomats and such in Africa would be a direct attack on Islam and would bring launch of a holy war.

No, look at what I said. I understand your points and I understand the concerns. It is brutal there like it was brutal in Somalia. And, we all know how well that one went for us. The issue is it is not a world affair where we can unite with the UN and just go on in. There are foreign roadblocks with China, Iran, and Russia. China gets a huge amount of their oil from Sudan. Iran has new military and diplomatic ties with the Sudanese government. Hezbollah has a base in Sudan as well.

I hear what you're saying...while the counter culturalists in America play back seat driver along with assorted others while our govt. tries to stabalize the mid east, China & Russia are a HUGE impediment to that process.

All those here who like to take swipes at the very country who ALWAYS steps up to the plate have nothing to say about countries like China & Russia. It's easy to pick at the good guys...right? :wink:

Good way to deter actually having to post a detailed response, which we all know would be lacking in originality.

Anyone who can not see the truth in both politics and religion is a programmed robot and it is helpless to debate a robot . It does not take a genius to see reality and the truth . All humans are cabable of seiing what is wrong and what is right but for ugly and evilish reasons try to say otherwise .

And, you assume you are on the side of 'truth'? According to who? Yourself? And, all those on the other side are robots?

Wow, talk about an elitist, self-centered, prideful, and high and mighty opinion you have about yourself.

Everyone else is a lower than scum robot who cannot think clearly because they are too dumb, ridiculous, and pathetic?

You've clearly got a disease. I would never assume myself to be so greatly superior in all aspects to one that thinks differently than I.

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 02:45 PM

The media work for the neo cons which is a devastating outcome as they turn humans to a mere robots believing all kinds of excuses .

Hi, Sam,

Yes, some neocons have a massive hold on the media, e.g. Rupert Murdoch, who most recently purchased the Wall Street Journal. He also owns, IIRC, the Jerusalem Post and New York Post among many others.

But the most worrisome thing is not that, in my opinion. It is that non-neocon media allowed themselves to be flimflammed by the neocons when it came to assessing the 'threat' of Saddam Hussein to the US, and to assessing the 'threat of Iran now to the US.

The non-neocon journalists were astonishingly lax in investigating the claims of the White House, the Pentagon and the CIA, thus allowing the likes of Paul Wolfowitz and Doug Feith to present the neocon disinformation as if it were fact. Indeed, some journalists like Judith Miller of the New York Times became known among neocons as people who were willing and eager to print whatever was given them, unchallenged.

The Washington Post and New York Times both apologized later to their readers for this failure of journalism, but, in my opinion, they are making the same gullible mistakes now with regard to Iran: the neocons are still dominating the media.

Oceans

Uh...so what's your point about Ruppert Murdock? The counter culture has ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, NY Times, Daily News & I could go on & on. All rags as far as MANY are concerned.

OMT...the only reason the libs went along was because they were too cowardly to say what they were really thinking...that would have been MASS suicide for them in light of 911. It just goes to show what liars & sneaks they really are.

That should scare EVERYONE.

When it comes to religion ,politics and many aspects of life , people need their brains to sort out fiction and non fiction . Those who follow the crowd and the media with no reasoning are referred to as the new robots in a new century .

So, you only respond to robots on some occassions? lol. Was this a programmed response fed to your core memory bank by your designers?

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 02:44 PM

JMO

Just saying, that's all.

Concerning Africa:

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 02:18 PM
I keep getting the idea from the people in this forum that:

private enterprise = bad

large, central, socialized government = good

no photo
Mon 07/07/08 01:48 PM

Exxon Mobil, isnt doing very well, i know that. But take a look at this. Take a look at this my barbarian friend JK

http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/news/stock_troop2.html

And thats just from 05, its at $49 dollors a share now (i finally think AMerica is catching on)

No kidding, they have a very good business and have flourished with their rebuilding of broken countries, but they have also flourished in the United States with domestic projects.

I have land in upstate Pennsylvania where HUGE natural gas reserves have been discovered.

The company we are working with started in 1993. Chesapeake Energy Corp. In 1993 they had a stock of 1.3.

So, with them going on our land I knew they were in for serious profit as there is a huge natural gas boom. So I went onto Yahoo to see what a share was going for now.

July 3, 2003 they were at 9.57

July 3, 2008 they were at 66.78

Good companies in the right businesses will make HUGE profits. Just like this company, Haliburton is the same. A smart, good company in the right business.

one bloody buissness that costs way 2 many lives

Haliburton kills people too? I did not know they were an 'evil' private military company.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25