Community > Posts By > MiddleEarthling

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/17/10 06:05 AM

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/howard-muslim-speech.shtml

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Did anyone bother to check the source and worse not considering the source? Funny.

"Status:
Contains elements of truth, but is highly misleading and inaccurate"

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sat 10/16/10 05:11 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Sat 10/16/10 05:14 PM

is it that we are becoming an oligarchic "thugocracy"? We have Eugenicists, radicals, criminals, and communists, none of whom are answerable to anyone but THE MASTER IN CHIEF, OR THE TELEPROMPTER IN CHIEF if you like.

Sorry, I am usually split down the middle when it comes to political affiliation, but I'm growing weary of this administration. Obama is making it easier to lean towards the right.

It's been 22 months...how ya gonna undo the damge that quick...President Barack Hussein Obama said it may take longer than his term(s) to fix the disasters...uh...the disasters from the people running again now to "take it back"...but I think many are willing to MOVE FORWARD....They did in '08. I have hope they will again vote for sanity.

Where'd ya' get that word? Yeah sure you're on the fence...I smell a shill...lol. There's no middle ground in this!

AT LEAST YOU SPELLED IT CORRECTLY!

Give the man a hug...

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sat 10/16/10 05:02 PM

happy LOL...all the ranting against Fox only makes them stronger and more popular!!....keep up the good work!!

Viewers make Fox stronger...not us talking **** on Fox.

I have no idea how anyone could defend POX in this....or the other dozens of threads exposing these shills. There's no jouranlisitic integrity at POX...it's laughable to see people deny that POX's agenda is the hate-filled political hitjob on anyone and anything that gets in the GOP/T-bagger/Big Corp's way.

The very SAME people who supported the Dippic in the past monumental disaster of the Dippic adminstration are wanting power back....yet they have no plans if they suceed.

They will use their faked news station to appeal to their base, the least among us willing to accept truth and grow up and out of their snake skins.

~~~

WHAT IF the people on POX were black and were allowing brother Beck to rage against an org that is then nearly attacked and slaughtered.

That might be news in the real world. POX?, not at all.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/15/10 07:23 PM

Something reminded me of this: atheist and agnostics tend to be smarter as well...heh...I wonder why that is? Hummmm.

"According to this article by Professor Richard Lynn, emeritus professor of psychology at Ulster University, the smarter a person is, the less likely they are to believe in a god"

Makes perfect sense!

http://www.davehitt.com/blog2/are-atheists-smarter-than-religous-people/

Having "smarts" is often the opposite of having wisdom.
Your opinions may very well be the disassemling of America.
Chipping away at the very foundations that have been the strength of our nation. You're probably too blind to see the results of all those "smarts" you and Richard Lynn have. Perhaps you should find more urgent things to focus on. For instance, how to get our nation more stablized and morally sound. Why play the devils advocate, so to speak. What do you stand to gain from a broken-down America? Who fooled you into thinking utopia follows your reasonings? You should cash in the "smarts" and get some wisdom.

"Talk to the hand" waving

I'm thinking only someone w/o any "smarts" would think it is "often the opposite of having wisdom".

Up is down and down is up right? How can people live their lives so blind? Even drunk...

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/15/10 07:15 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Fri 10/15/10 07:16 PM
Oops, meant News. Oh well...maybe the Thumpers will like the lights.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/15/10 07:12 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Fri 10/15/10 07:12 PM
Secular Americans More Moral than Christian Americans

"As I reported several months ago, American Christians are far more likely to support torture than "secular" Americans. I’m not sure what “secular” means, but it surely includes atheists and agnostics, given how the term tends to be used in surveys.

This creates the curious situation in which atheists and agnostics are less likely to support obviously evil actions than Christians who might otherwise suppose that their religion is necessary for morality and moral behavior. What would explain this? Do similar differences exist elsewhere in the world or is it unique to America?
According to a survey posted on the National Catholic Reporter.

Here are the percentages of people who say that torture is never justified:

26% Catholics
31% White Protestant
31% White evangelical
41% Secular
32% Overall Population

Here are the numbers who think that torture is often justified:

21% Catholics
15% White Protestant
13% White evangelical
10% Secular
15% Overall Population

It would appear, then, that we atheists are far more likely than Christians, or even the whole population, to say that torture is never justified. We atheists are far less likely than Christians, or even the whole population, to think that torture is often justified (same is true for “sometimes justified”).

In America, then, Christians are far more likely to support moral evil than atheists or agnostics. No wonder Christian citizens and Christian politicians have been so supportive of Christian President Bush's efforts to authorize torture and abuse of suspects detained in the War on Terror. Why?

Atheism and agnosticism are not ideologies, religions, or belief systems and as such cannot be credited with necessarily making a person more moral. Atheism doesn't teach a person to be good or bad, kind or cruel. Perhaps the answer lies in Christianity — and specifically American Christianity — rather than atheism or agnosticism. Perhaps there is something about American Christianity which dulls people's ability to treat others decently, especially when the "others" are unlike them and living in another country.

This obviously isn't true about all Christians in America, but those for whom it isn't true need to address this issue."

http://atheism.about.com/b/2006/09/28/secular-americans-more-moral-than-christian-americans.htm

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/15/10 07:07 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Fri 10/15/10 07:08 PM

"Atheist Wiccan"

slaphead

Yeah. I know, right. She is getting paid for being off work and I am being paid to be at work. She is one smart lady.:smile:

Atheist Wiccan huh. That's a total oxymoron. Now is she had called herself an atheist with pagan leanings, I could see that, since that's how I perceive myself. Of course, I suppose "Atheist Witch" is no worse then "Christian Witch" which seems to be a bigger oxymoron.

Maybe I'll become a wiccan. I like the furniture.

Well I guess we have our answer now...

Oh goodie, now can we ask the question again?

Knowing that Christians supported Hitler and the Dippic (and the STILL the GOP/T-baggers) then I should ask if perhaps atheists are more moral as well. Whole new thread subject. Thanks!

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/15/10 06:57 PM
"World Trade Center Employee Discusses pre 9-11 Power Downs"

by JF Ranger
World911Truth.org

NEW YORK — A new witness confirms the WTC power down on the weekend before 9-11.

Gary Corbett is a former employee of Fiduciary Trust Company International, a bank that occupied the 90th and the 94th to 97th floors of World Trade Center Two (the South Tower) and which lost 96 employees during the September 11 attacks. Corbett, who worked on the 97th floor, says there was a ‘power down’ on the week-end prior to September 11 for approximately 24 to 36 hours. During this period, he says, “there was a complete breakdown of security that weekend because of the power down.”

According to Corbett, the power down started on Friday night, at close of business and only came back on Sunday afternoon.

This corroborates the information by another former WTC employee, Scott Forbes who went public in 2004 to talk about this mysterious power down in the World Trade Tower 2. Forbes said they had been notified 3 or 4 weeks in advance by the Port Authority-NY/NJ about this power down and that it was “extreme and unprecedented.” He also said that “without power there were no security cameras, no security locks on doors and many, many ‘engineers’ coming in and out of the tower.”

“You have to understand how unprecedented the power down was. To shutdown all of our financial systems, all inter-related and with connections and feeds to may outside vendors and suppliers was a major piece of work. Additionally, the power outage meant that many of the ‘ordinary’ building features were not operating, such as security locks on doors, cameras, lighting, etc.”

—Scott Forbes, former WTC employee

Watch eyewitness videos below at this site:

http://world911truth.org/world-trade-center-employee-discusses-pre-911-power-downs/

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/15/10 06:45 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Fri 10/15/10 06:47 PM
AE911Truth Shines 3rd Beam into NYC Skyline for Building 7

"NEW YORK CITY, Sept. 11 – At 9:11 p.m. on the 9th anniversary of the September attacks, the members of the 1280 strong Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth lit up the skies over Manhattan with a towering 2 billion-candlepower beam of light to raise public awareness that three, not just two, World Trade Center high-rise buildings collapsed symmetrically at near free-fall acceleration on 9/11, though only two were hit by planes.

‘Why is there a Third Beam in my skyline?’ New Yorkers are asking tonight. Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth founder Richard Gage, AIA, who held a press conference earlier in the day at the now-rebuilt WTC 7 with victims family members, states “The people of New York need to see the light – that a third WTC skyscraper not hit by any plane was destroyed on Sept. 11. They have been deceived to about what happened on that terrible day. We are shining the spotlight, literally, on the fact that the official story of what happened at Ground Zero simply cannot be true and that a truly independent new investigation is needed both as a matter of national security and as the key to justice for the victims of the Twin Towers.”

"A message from Richard Gage, AIA:

The third beam went on at 9:11pm without a hitch! 200 people in the street with signs marveling at the 3rd beam from the perspective from the conference — where all three beams were shown in alignment. It was awesome!

We had our folks calling the media saying “what is that third beam in the sky?” It was up for 2 hours. Then the big twin tower beams went off! So we packed up ours because it didn’t make sense to have just one beam in the sky. Then – theirs went back on again! Oh well.

We had a helicopter circle by but no real issues of police action, and no media showing up despite the press release and earlier suggestions at the NYC press conference. We hope the media will be covering the event on Monday.

For coverage from our supporters see: http://norcaltruth.org/

Huge thanks to the inspiration, dedication, logistical support, and financing — all from the wonderful Barbara Honnegar! Please support Barbara and AE911Truth with a donation to help us cover the costs for this vital awareness campaign for Building 7.

Richard Gage, AIA

"At the press conference, AE911truth was joined by 9/11 victims family members from the organization NYC CAN (New York Coalition for Accountability now). Gage was in NYC speaking at a major live-streamed symposium on “How the World Changed After 9/11”.

“Building 7 is a ‘Smoking Gun of the 9/11 crime scene” Gage said. “We hope that after tonight, New Yorkers will see September 11th in a whole new light.”

Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth

www.AE911Truth.org

http://world911truth.org/

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/15/10 06:31 PM

well i've even seen and heard that "Operation Northwood" was the inspiration to the 911 attacks conspiracy,do i believe it no,but it's something to ponder

There were many inspirations.

Recent developement:

"World Trade Center Employee Discusses pre 9-11 Power Downs
NEW YORK — A new witness confirms the WTC power down on the weekend before 9-11. According to Gary Corbett, a former WTC employee, there was a 'power down' on the week-end prior to September 11 for 24 to 36 hours. During this period, he says, "there was a complete breakdown of security because of the power down."

"breakdown of security" "powerdown" (no cameras)

http://world911truth.org/

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/15/10 06:23 PM

Too hot for Huffington Post
​A post by Jesse Ventura has been removed from the Huffington Post for violating a policy against spreading conspiracy theories.

Considering that the post identifies Ventura as the author of a book called American Conspiracies, you'd think HuffPo would have known what to expect from the former Minnesota governor.

Apparently not:

Editor's Note: The Huffington Post's editorial policy, laid out in our blogger guidelines, prohibits the promotion and promulgation of conspiracy theories -- including those about 9/11. As such, we have removed this post.

This is not the guy to go to if you don't like conspiracy theories.
​What did Ventura say that was so controversial that it warranted being banned from a site that celebrates the "nip slip"? Nothing he hasn't said before, both here and elsewhere.

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED ON SEPTEMBER 11TH?

You didn't see anything about it in the mainstream media, but two weeks ago at a conference in San Francisco, more than one thousand architects and engineers signed a petition demanding that Congress begin a new investigation into the destruction of the three World Trade Center skyscrapers on 9/11.

That's right, these people put their reputations in potential jeopardy - because they don't buy the government's version of events. They want to know how 200,000 tons of steel disintegrated and fell to the ground in 11 seconds. They question whether the hijacked planes were responsible - or whether it could have been a controlled demolition from inside that brought down the Twin Towers and Building 7.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2010/03/jesse_ventura_b_1.php

I would expect this to happen. Several liberal sites like HuffPo and Bill Maher's old blog site as well as his show resisted. Hell, that's where I cut my teeth on the 9-11 truth. (Bill Mahers blog site (was cleaned in '07)). Maher and Huff both resist getting in the fray...else be subjected themselves to the social stigma of KNOWING. The RW nutbags would jump all over them and use it to discredit the Truther movement...and the "liberal" MSM.

2011 will be the year man..I am sure of it. Truth be know eh?

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/15/10 06:16 PM

And, she got it right.

She, Valerie Jarrett, just cost BHO pointslaugh laugh laugh laugh

http://goodmenproject.com/2010/10/14/white-house-calls-homosexuality-a-%E2%80%98lifestyle-choice%E2%80%99/

well,, homosexual/heterosexual FEELINGS may not be a choice,, but last I checked all lifeSTYLES that adults have certainly are the result of choices (good or bad)

It's easy to see how the term 'lifestyle' can be applied to anyone. How individual 'choose' to conduct their lives does make the term applicable to everyone.

The operative word is choice. Using the term lifestyle as representative of a group of people is often the product of misinformation, stereotyping, or bias. The term hardly applies when choice is not part of the equation.

We can not say that being Black, Indian, Iranian and such representa a lifestyle choice anymore that we can say that being a homosexual is a lifestyle choice. That makes a huge differnece.

We do not expect Blacks, Indians, or Asians, to exchange their liberty and their pursuit of happiness in order to be Black, Indian or Asian becasue it's not a choice they can make. Neither is being homosexual or heterosexual a choice.

So while there are still people who 'innocently'use the expression 'lifestyle choice' when referring to the gay community, it is still offensive, but it is a forgivable offence if the individual admits the error and apologises and especially when their other behaviors indicate that no harm was meant.

Well yeah she admitted her error.

The only gay "lifestyle choices" I see are either come out of the closet and face bullying, discriminations and other attacks or stay in the closet and live a lie. Either way seems to take away a person's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...hell that may even be in the Declaration of Independence. Might be an American Value then eh?

This is a huge Civil/Human Rights issue.

So, who and what is holding too many Americans back from dropping their hate, their oppositions to giving gays Civil and Human Rights?

Hummmm...dunno...have no idea. Anyone?

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/15/10 05:38 PM

"Atheist Wiccan"

slaphead

Yeah. I know, right. She is getting paid for being off work and I am being paid to be at work. She is one smart lady.:smile:

Atheist Wiccan huh. That's a total oxymoron. Now is she had called herself an atheist with pagan leanings, I could see that, since that's how I perceive myself. Of course, I suppose "Atheist Witch" is no worse then "Christian Witch" which seems to be a bigger oxymoron.

Maybe I'll become a wiccan. I like the furniture.

Well I guess we have our answer now...

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/15/10 04:58 PM

I have no use for someone who lies about their military experience, training or assignments.

So you didn't vote for the Dippic?surprised

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/15/10 04:54 PM
Tides Foundation CEO To Fox News Advertisers: Drop Glenn Beck Or Have Blood On Your Hands

"Dear Fox Advertiser,

I am writing to ask your company to take a simple step that may well save lives in the future. And it is not unimportant that taking this action will remove your company and its products from any connection to what could very likely be an unpleasant tragedy, should things remain as they are today. On behalf of my organization, and many others like it, I ask that you cease advertising on the Fox News Channel.

This is neither a hollow request, nor one rhetorically made. There is an urgency to it born of our own direct experience as the target of a would-be assassin inspired by Fox's Glenn Beck Show.

On July 19th of this year, I arrived at our San Francisco office to learn that a misguided person carrying numerous guns and body armor had been on his way to start a "revolution" by murdering my colleagues and me. The Oakland Police Department called to tell us that, following a 12 minute shootout with the California Highway Patrol, law enforcement officials arrested an assailant who had targeted the Tides Foundation, an organization which I founded and currently serve as CEO, and the ACLU for violence. To say we were "shocked" does not adequately describe our reaction. Imagine, for a moment, that you were us and, had it not been for a sharp eyed highway patrolman, a heavily armed man in full body armor would have made it to your office with the intent to kill you and your colleagues. His motive? Apparently, it was because the charitable, nonpartisan programs we run are deemed part of a conspiracy to undermine America and the capitalist system, which is hogwash.

Although not a political organization, the Tides Foundation has been a frequent target of misinformation, propaganda, and outright lies by Fox News' Glenn Beck. Since his arrival at Fox in early 2009, Beck has repeatedly vilified Tides, suggesting we are intent on "creat[ing] a mass organization to seize power." He accuses the foundation of indoctrination and says we are "involved in some of the nastiest of the nasty." Beck tells viewers that Tides has "funneled" money to "some of the most extreme groups on the left" and that our mission is to "warp your children's brains and make sure they know how evil capitalism is." In total, prior to the attempted rampage, Beck had attacked the Tides Foundation 29 times. On September 28th, more than a month after the shooting, Beck reiterated his focus on the Tides Foundation, warning, "I'm coming for you." In jailhouse interviews, the gunman confessed he views Beck as a "schoolteacher" who "blew my mind." My would-be killer admitted that Beck "give[s] you every ounce of evidence you could possibly need" to commit violence.

Beck is a self-described "Progressive Hunter" who relies on violent rhetoric. Do you really think that the millions of Americans who describe themselves as "progressive" need to be "hunted down"? If so, to what end?

For hours every day on radio and television, Beck pits American against American, telling his audience that our country is under attack by a demonic Nazi-like regime seeking to destroy all that is great about America while insisting it's up to his viewers to resist and revolt. He warned his audience that "these are the most dangerous two years of our republic. Because in the end, in revolutions, the real dangerous killers show up." Beck even compared our government to vampires while instructing his viewers to "drive a stake through the heart of the bloodsuckers" and pretended to poison Speaker Pelosi on television. A few months later, Gregory Giusti was arrested for repeatedly threatening House Speaker Nancy Pelosi -- including threatening to destroy her home -- because he was upset over health care reform. The man's mother told a local news station he listens to those with "really radical ideas," adding, "I'd say Fox News or all of those that are really radical."

When I started the Tides organizations 35 years ago, I did so in the very American belief that ordinary citizens had a role to play in our democratic process. It was, I thought, the responsibility of everyone to become engaged in our civic life, and for years we've worked with thousands of Americans to do just that. And, while we support progressive values and goals, we respect the rights and voices of those with whom we disagree on issues. Never in our history have we tolerated employees or grantees that support those who would do harm to others. By supporting Fox News Channel, you and your company are risking your reputation and good standing because they are doing just this.

As you may know, a coordinated advertiser boycott by Media Matters and Color of Change, an online civil rights group, has caused Glenn Beck's Fox News show to lose over 100 sponsors. Despite the campaign's success, Fox insists it has had no impact on the channel's profitability because the overall demand for advertisements on Fox has remained stable. Companies are still paying to advertise on Fox News, but their ads are simply moved to a different time of day. Thus, businesses that pay to broadcast commercials on Fox News are subsidizing Glenn Beck's television show by continuing to pump money into the network. It has become clear that the only way to stop supporting Beck is to stop supporting Fox News.

I respectfully request that you bring this matter of your company's sponsorship of hate speech leading to violence to the attention of your fellow directors as soon as possible. I believe no responsible company should advertise on Fox News due to its recent and on-going deplorable conduct.

While we may agree to disagree about the role our citizens and our government should play in promoting social justice and the common good, there should be no disagreement about what constitutes integrity and professionalism and responsibility in discourse – even when allowing for and encouraging contending diverse opinions intelligently argued. This is not a partisan issue. It's an American issue. No one, left, right or center, wants to see another Oklahoma City.

The next "assassin" may succeed, and if so, there will be blood on many hands. The choice is yours. Please join my call to do the right thing in this regard and put Fox News at arm's length from your company by halting your advertising with them."

Sincerely,

Drummond Pike
CEO and Founder, Tides

http://blog.tides.org/2010/10/15/dear-fox-advertiser/

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/15/10 04:29 PM
"Valerie Jarrett Apologizes For Referring To Dead Gay Teen's 'Lifestyle Choice'"

"In a recent interview I was asked about the recent tragedies about gay youth who have committed suicide, and I misspoke when I referred to someone's sexual identity as a "lifestyle choice." I meant no disrespect to the LGBT community, and I apologize to any who have taken offense at my poor choice of words. Sexual orientation and gender identity are not a choice, and anyone who knows me and my work over the years knows that I am a firm believer and supporter in the rights of LGBT Americans. Most of all, I hope this does not distract from the issue I was asked about -- the desperate, tragic decision by some young people who feel that their only recourse is to take their own lives because they are being bullied or harassed because they are gay, or because others believe they are gay. We must instill in young people respect for one another, and we must set an example of mutual regard and civility to create an environment that is safe for every person, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/14/valerie-jarrett-gay-choice_n_762798.html

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 10/14/10 06:53 PM

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 10/14/10 06:33 PM

Seems to me that you(Arcamedees) have not made one good point yet that would be helpful to anyone except for yourself. I want readers to keep this in mind as they go through your ridiculous posts of HATE. People need to be loving each other-not hating each other. I think that any 2 year old with a brain could figure that one out.

LMAO! I have been patiently waiting for someone else to call him out on that besides me, since I called his BS in the other thread! Ha ha ha ha ha!

"People need to be loving each other-not hating each other"

The Bible on:

Love?

"I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children." (Leviticus 26:22)

"Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourself every girl who has never slept with a man." (Numbers 31:17-18)

"The Lord commands: "... slay old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women" (Ezechial 9:4-6)

"When the Lord delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the males .... As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves." (Deuteronomy 20:13-14)

"You will eat the fruit of the womb, the flesh of the sons and daughters the Lord your God has given you." (Deuteronomy 28:53)

"The Lord said to Joshua [...] 'you are to hamstring their horses.' " (Exceedingly cruel.) (Joshua 11:6)

"... Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabesh-gilead with the edge of the sword and; also the women and little ones.... every male and every woman that has lain with a male you shall utterly destroy." (Judges 21:10-12)

"This is what the Lord says: Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and *** .... And Saul ... utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword." (1 Samuel 15:3,7-8)

"The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their women with child ripped open." (Hosea 13:16)

"A curse on him who is lax in doing the LORD's work!
A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed!" (Jeremiah 48:10)

Is this really the "word of God" or the cruel thoughts of Bronze age warriors?
Did you know this was in the bible? If not then are you shocked? If you did know it was there then is Christianity really about a healthy loving relationship or is it a case of the Stockholm syndrome?"

Considering that yall's "love" of Hitler did enough damage...wait, then you guys supported the Dippic into office giving us this disaster we live in today...a million Arabs killed. Thousands of our soldiers die for a lie...ALL for your "love"

I guess it's all about LIES.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 10/14/10 05:35 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Thu 10/14/10 05:44 PM
"What message do Baptist leaders send to clergy abuse victims by this conduct?

Answer: "What happened to you doesn't matter. Go away. Shut up."

What message do Baptist leaders send to clergy perpetrators by this conduct?

Answer: "You're safe with us. We'll cover for you."

Stephen Wilson (SBC Executive Committee member and vice-president of academic affairs at Mid-Continent University): Chaired the Southern Baptist Convention’s do-nothing subcommittee that 8600 delegates directed to study Baptist clergy sex abuse but that, in actuality, never even had a budget for any study.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 10/14/10 05:23 PM
"Jim Townsley (senior pastor of Central Baptist Church in Southington, CT): When a girl told Townsley about having been sexually abused by another minister in the church, Townsley confronted the minister, who “admitted to inappropriate behavior,” “denied having done anything more than kissing and fondling,” and suggested that the fault was with the girl. Townsley didn’t report it to police, and allowed the man to resign and move to Tennessee. A couple years later, after an anonymous phone call, Townsley was caught and convicted of sexual assault. Townsley then described the church’s secretive manner of dealing with it as “biblical.”

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25