Community > Posts By > MiddleEarthling

MiddleEarthling's photo
Tue 10/12/10 04:38 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Tue 10/12/10 04:58 PM

And, I suppose all persons in Confederate dress doing Civil War reenactments are Klan.

Demorats are really hard up for trying to garner points.

Ain't workin'.

This topic is a big FAIL!!laugh laugh

This guy also does reenactments as a hobby, he is a major history buff. He has done Civil War, Revolutionary War and World War 1 and 2. He has ACTED on both sides of each conflict on numerous occasions.

I guess all those Confederate Reenactors are racists too? I guess at the two Haunted Houses I help run all the actors are murderers, serial killers, vampires etc.

All's the OP wan't to do is flame, hurt and insult other members. I wish the admins would get involved at some point on the 3rd grade name calling and butchering.

then half of the posts would be gone...lol

Not really. I am just tired of constantly reading Tea baggin this or tea bagger that, when you and I both know that it is nothing more then an insult and personal attack and they use it because it is refrence to a crude sexual practice.

I could care less the sexual practices/preferences of the T-bagging Party...since it was THEM who first called themselves THAT. Live with it, it will be your party's name FOREVER...mostly comical since their ilk are the bottom feeders in politics. A fading fad with people like Iott, O'donnell the witch, and anything Palin...

No one could say that I'd ever regard Civil War reenactors as like this T-bagging Nazi crossdresser...and feigning insult as a defense and defending a T-bagger who crossdresses as a Nazi is a an insult to any decent person...

Don't like it don't post here. It's that simple. Don't let the font hit yas in yer arses on the way out.

Have a cup of tea before you leave...

MiddleEarthling's photo
Mon 10/11/10 06:01 PM

Let's not pretend there is no racism towards white people. Though still many white people hold power is irrelevant. That's like saying our president is black so there is no racism. In my college there was NSBE national society for black engineers but there could be no white society. Treating a group different based on race is racism. Also I am currently living n Japan and get treated different all the time. There is racism here towRds white people.

Oh but it is not irrelevant that whites are still in power.

It is very relevant.

Whites in power mean that more of the crimes committed by whites will go unpunished.

Not to mention that blacks get more time for the same crimes as white people commit. Just this past year they finally equated crack as "coke" to stop the bleeding. The "white system" has been imprisioning mainly blacks for years...the white government in the 80's poisoned the inner cities to fund an illegal war Re: Operation Black Eagle (for example).

Again it's clear where the hateful white people are...politically that'd be with the GOP/T-bagging RW religious zealoted ilk among us. When people are Americans first then they'd have a right to call themselves Americans.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Mon 10/11/10 05:46 PM
Somewhere...over the rainbow...this guy is recreating the invasion
of Poland where the Nazi's killed 3 million Jews. Yeah, being a Nazi is "interesting". Any Bagger here want to defend this moron?

Ohio Tea Partier Spent Weekends Playing Nazi Games

"Iott played it off as being interested in history."

The Atlantic's Josh Green reports that millionaire businessman Rich Iott, the Republican nominee challenging Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D) in Ohio's Ninth District, has an unusual hobby: He likes to pretend he's a Nazi.

Iott, a tea party-backed candidate, spent time fighting another battle before he hit the campaign trail against Kaptur as a member of the 5th SS Wiking Panzer Division, a group of Ohio World War II reenactors.

According to their website, the Wikings strive to "salute" the "idealists" from occupied northern Europe who saw the Third Reich as "the protector of personal freedom and their very way of life" and signed up to fight for the Wermacht and "gave their lives for their loved ones and a basic desire to be free."

Green broke the story tonight, showing the photos of Iott in his SS garb on HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher."

Iott played it off as being interested in history.

"I've always been fascinated by the fact that here was a relatively small country that from a strictly military point of view accomplished incredible things. I mean, they took over most of Europe and Russia, and it really took the combined effort of the free world to defeat them," Iott explained to Green. "From a purely historical military point of view, that's incredible."

Iott added that he's "absolutely not" a supporter of the tenets of Nazism and pointed Green to the group's disclaimer on its website, which states, "This page or anyone involved in its creation, or members of reenactment groups listed here, are in no way affiliated with real, radical political organizations (i.e., KKK, Aryan Nation, American Nazi Party, etc.) and do not embrace the philosophies and actions of the original NSDAP (Nazi party), and wholeheartedly condemn the atrocities which made them infamous."

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/10/ohio-tea-partier-spent-weekends-playing-nazi-games.php

MiddleEarthling's photo
Mon 10/11/10 05:17 PM
This one is new....try it on.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Mon 10/11/10 05:02 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Mon 10/11/10 05:04 PM
I am so gald he's back...I've been a Viking fan since the Purple People Eaters...Joe Kapp!!!, but anyway Moss is pure talent, people see him make unbelievable catches but his other talent is in faking CBs out of their shoes. You can't really cover the man....

Go Vikes! A perfect weekend for me is when the Tarheels and Vikings winning....uh...and the Dallas Cowboys losing! A fan of any team playing the egomaniacs...even liked the Oilers beating them last night.

Oilers you many ask? Well while living in Memphis for years we were sooooo close to having our own team. ALL the expansion city hopefules ended up with a team...all but us. We got the Houston Oilers for two seasons, renamed the Titans and were going to Nashville.

First game, the Raiders came out and we cheered...the Oilers came out...we boooooed. We were pissed off...bet many still are.

Funny, the Oilers played only one year in Memphis...moved to Vanderbilt Stadium in stead of hearing us boo them evey game...sometimes every play...DISSSSSED!

Go Vikes!

MiddleEarthling's photo
Mon 10/11/10 04:09 PM
Volume 1, Chapter 11, Nation and Race

The result of all racial crossing is therefore in brief always the following:

(a) Lowering of the level of the higher race;

(b) Physical and intellectual regression and hence the beginning of a slowly but surely progressing sickness.

To bring about such a development is, then, nothing else but to sin against the will of the eternal creator. And as a sin this act is rewarded.

-Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)

Here, of course, we encounter the objection of the modern pacifist, as truly Jewish in its effrontery as it is stupid! 'Man's role is to overcome Nature!'

(Man's dominion over earth appears in Genesis 1:26)

...the fall of man in paradise has always been followed by his expulsion.

(See Genesis Chapter 3)

...that is why the prophet seldom has any honor in his own country.

("For Jesus himself testified, that a prophet hath no honour in his own country." John 4:44)

The purest idealism is unconsciously equivalent to the deepest knowledge.

The Jew has always been a people with definite racial characteristics and never a religion.

Due to his own original special nature, the Jew cannot possess a religious institution, if for no other reason because he lacks idealism in any form, and hence belief in a hereafter is absolutely foreign to him. And a religion in the Aryan sense cannot be imagined which lacks the conviction of survival after death in some form. Indeed, the Talmud is not a book to prepare a man for the hereafter, but only for a practical and profitable life in this world.

The best characterization is provided by the product of this religious education, the Jew himself. His life is only of this world, and his spirit is inwardly as alien to true Christianity as his nature two thousand years previous was to the great founder of the new doctrine. Of course, the latter made no secret of his attitude toward the Jewish people, and when necessary he even took the whip to drive from the temple of the Lord this adversary of all humanity, who then as always saw in religion nothing but an instrument for his business existence. In return, Christ was nailed to the cross, while our present-day party Christians debase themselves to begging for Jewish votes at elections and later try to arrange political swindles with atheistic Jewish parties-- and this against their own nation.

(Great founder here, of course, refers to Jesus. The "whip to drive from the temple" comes from John 2:15, "And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple..." Interestingly, Hitler often carried a whip with him. There's at least one photograph with him posing with a whip in hand in Werner Maser's "Hitler's Letters and Notes.")

At times of the bitterest distress, fury against him finally breaks out, and the plundered and ruined masses begin to defend themselves against the scourge of God.

(For one example of God's fury and anger, see Isaiah 63)

This game is repeated again and again, and in it the role of the so-called 'German princes' is just as miserable as that of the Jews themselves. These lords were really God's punishment for their beloved peoples and find their parallels only in the various ministers of the present time.

They [German princes] made a pact with the devil and landed in hell.

If we consider how greatly he has sinned against the masses in the course of the centuries, how he has squeezed and sucked the blood again and again; if furthermore, we consider how the people gradually learned to hate him for this, and ended up by regarding his existence as nothing but punishment of Heaven for the other peoples, we can understand how hard this shift must be for the Jew.

First, therefore, he goes about making up to the people for his previous sins against them. He begins his career as the 'benefactor' of mankind. Since his new benevolence has a practical foundation, that the left hand should not know what the right hand giveth; no, whether he likes it or not, he must reconcile himself to letting as many people as possible know how deeply he feels the sufferings of the masses and all the sacrifices that he himself is making to combat them.

(The left/right hand paraphrase derives from Matthew 6:3)

But even more: all at once the Jew also becomes liberal and begins to rave about the necessary progress of mankind.

The Jew almost never marries a Christian woman; it is the Christian who marries a Jewess.

the personification of the devil as the symbol of all evil assumes the living shape of the Jew.

(The idea of the devil and the Jew came out of medieval anti-Jewish beliefs based on interpretations from the Bible. Martin Luther, and teachers after him, continued this "tradition" up until the 20th century.)

With satanic joy in his face, the black-haired Jewish youth lurks in wait for the unsuspecting girl whom he defiles with his blood, thus stealing her from her people.

Peoples which bastardize themselves, or let themselves be bastardized, sin against the will of eternal Providence...

Providence did not bestow her reward on the victorious sword, but followed the law of eternal retribution.

(Eternal retribution comes from Christian doctrinal thought as referring to eternal hell when one who physically dies in his sins without Christ. Christians to this day take Hell or the "Lake of Fire" (Rev. 19:20) as real and literal.)

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/10/10 07:04 PM

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/10/10 06:59 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Sun 10/10/10 06:59 PM
Volume 1, Chapter 2, Years of Study and Suffering in Vienna

"Fate must bring retribution, unless men conciliate Fate while there is still time. How thankful I am today to the Providence which sent me to that school!

"Thus my faith grew that my beautiful dream for the future would become reality after all, even though this might require long years.

The more the linguistic Babel corroded and disorganized parliament, the closer drew the inevitable hour of the disintegration of this Babylonian Empire, and with it the hour of freedom for my German-Austrian people.

I was not in agreement with the sharp anti-Semitic tone, but from time to time I read arguments which gave me some food for thought.

At all events, these occasions slowly made me acquainted with the man and the movement, which in those days guided Vienna's destinies: Dr. Karl Lueger and the Christian Social Party.

(Note: Karl Lueger (1844-1910) belonged as a member of the anti-Semitic Christian Social Party, he became mayor of Vienna and kept his post until his death.)

The man and the movement seemed 'reactionary' in my eyes. My common sense of justice, however, forced me to change this judgment in proportion as I had occasion to become acquainted with the man and his work; and slowly my fair judgment turned to unconcealed admiration. Today, more than ever, I regard this man as the greatest German mayor of all times.

-Adolf Hitler speaking about Dr. Karl Lueger of the Christian Social Party (Mein Kampf)

How many of my basic principles were upset by this change in my attitude toward the Christian Social movement!

My views with regard to anti-Semitism thus succumbed to the passage of time, and this was my greatest transformation of all.

Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.

WOW

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/10/10 06:38 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Sun 10/10/10 06:38 PM
Volume 1, Chapter 1, In the House of My Parents

"Their sword will become our plow, and from the tears of war the daily bread of future generations will grow.

Note: "Their sword will become our plow" appears to paraphrase Micah 4:3 about beating swords into ploughshares, but his tears of war more resembles Joel 3:9-10 "Beat your plowshares into swords."

"I had excellent opportunity to intoxicate myself with the solemn splendor of the brilliant church festivals. As was only natural, the abbot seemed to me, as the village priest had once seemed to my father, the highest and most desirable ideal.

"I thank Heaven that a portion of the memories of those days still remains with me. Woods and meadows were the battlefields on which the 'conflicts' which exist everywhere in life were decided."

"Only a handful of Germans in the Reich had the slightest conception of the eternal and merciless struggle for the German language, German schools, and a German way of life. Only today, when the same deplorable misery is forced on many millions of Germans from the Reich, who under foreign rule dream of their common fatherland and strive, amid their longing, at least to preserve their holy right to their mother tongue, do wider circles understand what it means to be forced to fight for one's nationality.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/10/10 06:13 PM

True or false, be it as it may (and thank you for the snopes), WE THE PEOPLE do have the power!

Washington, Corporations, whoever, will all fail if we decide to stand against them in a united front. The REAL money people who are running things want us to stay separate and individual so we are easier to control. Give up your liberty and freedom, your rights and entitlements in the name of security that they will provide for you.... like jobs, the little house with the picket fence, a pension that is safe, life liberty and the pursuit of happiness....

Have you gotten yours yet? frown rant grumble

I have said mostly the same thing...except it's the GOP/T-Baggers that the corporations are funding...but then again I don't have to lie to make that point.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/10/10 06:11 PM
Hitler's Christianity - Ties to racists Christians.

"To deny the influence of Christianity on Hitler and its role in World War II, means that you must ignore history and forever bar yourself from understanding the source of German anti-Semitism and how the WWII atrocities occurred.

By using historical evidence of Hitler's and his henchmen's own words, this section aims to show how mixing religion with politics can cause conflicts, not only against religion but against government and its people. This site, in no way, condones Nazism, Neo-Nazism, fascist governments, or anti-Semitism, but instead, warns against them.

by Jim Walker

Link to references:

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm

Part One:

Hitler's religious beliefs and fanaticism

Quotes from Mein Kampf

"People often make the claim that Adolph Hitler adhered to Atheism, Humanism or some ancient Nordic pagan mythology. None of these fanciful and wrong ideas hold. Although one of Hitler's henchmen, Alfred Rosenberg, did undertake a campaign of Nordic mythological propaganda, Hitler and most of his henchmen did not believe in it .

Many American books, television documentaries, and Sunday sermons that preach of Hitler's "evil" have eliminated Hitler's god for their Christian audiences, but one only has to read from his own writings to appreciate that Hitler's God equals the same God of the Christian Bible. Hitler held many hysterical beliefs which not only include, God and Providence but also Fate, Social Darwinism, and ideological politics. He spoke, unashamedly, about God, fanaticism, idealism, dogma, and the power of propaganda. Hitler held strong faith in all his convictions. He justified his fight for the German people and against Jews by using Godly and Biblical reasoning. Indeed, one of his most revealing statements makes this quite clear:"

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord." Hitler

Although Hitler did not practice religion in a churchly sense, he certainly believed in the Bible's God. Raised as Catholic he went to a monastery school and, interestingly, walked everyday past a stone arch which was carved the monastery's coat of arms which included a swastika. As a young boy, Hitler's most ardent goal was to become a priest. Much of his philosophy came from the Bible, and more influentially, from the Christian Social movement. (The German Christian Social movement, remarkably, resembles the Christian Right movement in America today.) Many have questioned Hitler's stand on Christianity. Although he fought against certain Catholic priests who opposed him for political reasons, his belief in God and country never left him. Many Christians throughout history have opposed Christian priests for various reasons; this does not necessarily make one against one's own Christian beliefs. Nor did the Vatican's Pope & bishops ever disown him; in fact they blessed him! As evidence to his claimed Christianity, he said:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people."

-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

"Hitler's anti-Semitism grew out of his Christian education.

Christian Austria and Germany in his time took for granted the belief that Jews held an inferior status to Aryan Christians. Jewish hatred did not spring from Hitler, it came from the preaching of Catholic priests and Protestant ministers throughout Germany for hundreds of years. The Protestant leader, Martin Luther, himself, held a livid hatred for Jews and their Jewish religion. In his book, "On the Jews and their Lies," Luther set the standard for Jewish hatred in Protestant Germany up until World War II. Hitler expressed a great admiration for Martin Luther.

Hitler did not have to parade his belief in God, as so many American Christians do now. Nor did he have to justify his Godly belief against an Atheist movement. He took his beliefs for granted just as most Germans did at that time. His thrust aimed at politics, not religion. But through his political and religious reasoning he established in 1933, a German Reich Christian Church, uniting the Protestant churches to instill faith in a national German Christianity.

Future generations should remember that Adolph Hitler could not have come into power without the support of the Protestant and Catholic churches and the German Christian populace.

The following quotes provides some of Hitler's expressions of his belief in religion, faith, fanaticism, Providence, and even a few of his paraphrasing of the Bible. It by no means represents the totality of Hitler's concerns. To realize the full context of these quotes, I implore the reader to study Mein Kampf.

The purpose of this text intends to dispute the claims made by Christians that Hitler "was an atheist," or "anti-religious," and to reveal the dangers of belief-systems. This text in no way attempts to give endorsement to anti-Semitism."

Continued here: (scroll down to "Quotations from Mein Kampf"

http://www.nobeliefs.com/hitler.htm

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/10/10 06:00 PM

Five seconds to google snopes and its false.

That mass indoctrination effect again since folks seem to not know how to verify by checking. Sigh.

Yeah I figured it was yet another hate Islam thread...people know these are lies they just think enough stupid people will believe it so they can make like-minded friends...heh.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/10/10 05:22 PM
"Darwin's Five Laws are:

1.Evolution as such
This is the understanding that the world is not constant, nor recently created, nor cycling, but is changing; and that the types of entities that live on it also change.

This contradicts the `common sense' notion, prevalent in Western society since the ancient Greeks, that different animals and plants each had its own `essence' and, as a consequence, could not change from one kind to another any more than a triangle could change to a square.

You only had to look at a cat and a dog and ask how one could change into the other. Nowadays, we do not think of a cat changing into a dog, but ask about a common ancestor of both, from a time long before cats and dogs appeared.

2.Common descent
This is the understanding that every group of living entities that we know of on this planet descended from a common ancestor.

Common descent occurs because one lineage would, willy-nilly, be a little more prolific than another, and would thereby wipe out the other. So only one survives.

(Prions are an exception. These are proteins of a particular shape that catalyze other proteins to take on the same shape. Prions are not life in the usual sense of the word although they are self-replicating. Similarly, no one thinks of an economy as living in the usual sense of the word, even though an economy can reproduce it itself, too.)

Rather than ask how a cat could change into a dog, we ask how a previous ancestor of both could give birth to an animal that is slightly more suited to the wolf way of making a living than to the feline profession. (Ecologists call plants' and animals' ways of surviving and reproducing in the world their `niches'. These are what we humans call our `professions'.)

The answer is straight forward, one animal's blue prints, what some people in the latter 19th century called its germ plasm, and what modern people call its DNA, varied one from another. That change enabled an adult who was born with that variation to live more like a wolf or modern dog than its parents.

This understanding, by the way, answers the age-old question, `which came first, the chicken or the egg?' The egg came first, because it contains the part that changed. The egg was laid by a non- or pre-chicken entity; the egg grew up to be a chicken.

Only if you think that adult animals and plants can change their nature, and pass on that change to their children, will you think that perhaps the chicken came first. This latter form of change is called Lamarckianism. Human culture is invented by grown people and passed on by parents to their children. It is Lamarckian. But the looks and actions of animals, at least those without culture of their own, are passed on genetically. A parent's action does not influence the looks and actions of the child. Only changes in the egg change the child.

At the time Darwin wrote, many evolutionists still thought of animals and plants as being like humans. They asked whether an adult proto-giraffe could stretch its neck to reach higher leaves, and pass on a longer neck to its children, much as human parents pass on a language to their children.

3.Multiplication of species

This is the understanding that species either split into or bud off other species, often through the geographical isolation of a founder species.

Because different ecological niches provide different ways for an animal or plant to live — provide different `professions' — and because blueprints do not copy perfectly, different plants and come to fill different niches, with different shapes and behaviors.

4.Gradualism
This is the understanding that changes take place through the gradual change of population rather than the sudden production of new individuals.

`Gradual' is a relative word. In discussions of `punctuated equilibria', I have heard people talk of one species replacing another in the `blink of an eye'. What they meant was a time period that is many many times as long as written human history. The `blink' might last 100,000 years. In human terms, this is a long time. But in geological terms, 100,000 years is short. Hence the use of the phrase. But to humans, a change over 100,000, or over merely 10,000 years, seems gradual.

Put another way, gradualists claim that it is unlikely that starting tomorrow at 9 am, all humans born would possess green skins and lay large, hard shelled eggs.

5.Natural selection
This is the understanding that individuals in every generation are different from one another, or, at least some of them are. In every generation some individuals survive and reproduce better than others. Their genes multiply.

This is the key idea: natural reproduction is not perfect.

People make considerable efforts to ensure that human copies are perfect. Inexact copying indicates a failure of the scribe or bug in the program.

In natural reproduction, children may be similar to their parent if they bud from that one parent and if no stray cosmic ray changes their DNA and no DNA enters their cell from another.

More sophisticated plants and animals have two parents. These are species with sexual reproduction. In this circumstance, children come from mixtures of the two parents' genetic material. This mixing induces variation among the children.

Some of those children will do a better job at one or other niche open to it, and consequently will be more likely to survive and propagate whatever enables it to survive and propagate better.

The environment in which plants and animals reproduce is defined by the world around each plant or animal: and part of that world consists of other entities of the same type. Put another way, plants and animals must survive and reproduce in a world with others of their own type. The others will be the same species, with similar skills and talents.

This means that selection occurs within a species even when the rest of the environment does not change. (Incidentally, when characteristics like perceived health influence sexual choice, the process is called `sexual selection'.)

Increased intelligence sometimes increases survival and reproduction. David Brin suggested this in 1982 2. Doubtless, others enjoyed the same insight earlier.

For example, a female peahen will have more healthy offspring (probabilistically speaking) if she is able to identify a peacock that is more healthy than its peers. This task requires more intelligence than not being able to make the identification.

A side effect of this process is that some lineages should gain certain features, such as intelligence, even without changes in the non-lineage part of the environment. Not all lineages will gain these, since alternative ways to survive and reproduce also exist. But some lineages will.

This means that if the dinosaurs had survived, we humans might not exist. Instead dinosaur-descended beings might exist in our stead and these beings might also communicate symbolically, as we humans do in language.

Interestingly, Ernst Mayr 3, among others, does not accept this line of reasoning, and therefore argues that high level intelligence is a happenstance rather than an outcome that may well occur on any living world on which complex life survives for long enough.

Well, to be more precise, I think Mayr does accept this reasoning, but in his writing he focuses primarily on a different argument, that involving `purpose'. Evolution lacks purpose, but many people think otherwise, either because humans act according to purposes, or because their beliefs suggest it.

The requirement for lengthy survival poses barriers. As Peter Douglas Ward and Donald Brownlee point out 4, planets endure catastrophes that are frequent over the eons. A stable sun, like ours, grows brighter as it ages. The inward side of a solar system's `habitable zone' moves outwards. This makes a `runaway greenhouse' as on Venus more likely. If the planet starts out closer to the inward side of its habitable zone than earth, the planet may die before complex life has time to evolve.

Or microbes may consume so much carbon dioxide and other `greenhouse' gases that rather than overheat, the planet may freeze. The freeze may kill every living being on it before volcanic eruptions increase the supply of greenhouse gases which warm the planet.

Or major volcanic eruptions may poison the land and sea, or asteroids may strike.

As a practical matter, complex life may be rare, even if simple life is common"

Refrences here:

http://www.rattlesnake.com/notions/evolution.html

I think we're ready to call evolution a Law. Maybe this can avoid the bizarre confusions.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/10/10 04:51 PM

yeah..Im still not seeing how whites are being "discriminated" against, since anglos still hold the lions share of global power and control.

If some poor schmock feels like he or she is getting kicked in the face, I think it has more to do with the politically correct bones that these power bases toss the subjugated masses in order to apease them.

poor whites are getting sold out by the richer whites...in that case I guess someone could cry discrimination...even so, the most discriminated against "white person" is still way ahead of the game than other races...
says someone that isn't even around white people...say that when a black guys trys to beat the crap out of for being white...

That's not the point...maybe you did not read the OP? I agree that there are blacks or others who'd beat your arse because it's white...and if they do that they will get extra time for a hate crime. The thread is about the heavy sided number of white people who dominate in being racists these days...deny that.

The one black guy who discriminates is a distractor from the hundreds of white folks to his one.

Tho~ none should be tolerated...that's why we have Hate Crime Laws.

But I see why you say "distractor"....white racist's like to claim it's all even...and it ain't by a longshot...not even close.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/10/10 04:35 PM

yeah..Im still not seeing how whites are being "discriminated" against, since anglos still hold the lions share of global power and control.

If some poor schmock feels like he or she is getting kicked in the face, I think it has more to do with the politically correct bones that these power bases toss the subjugated masses in order to apease them.

poor whites are getting sold out by the richer whites...in that case I guess someone could cry discrimination...even so, the most discriminated against "white person" is still way ahead of the game than other races...
says someone that isn't even around white people...say that when a black guys trys to beat the crap out of for being white...

That's not the point...maybe you did not read the OP? I agree that there are blacks or others who'd beat your arse because it's white...and if they do that they will get extra time for a hate crime. The thread is about the heavy sided number of white people who dominate in being racists these days...deny that.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/10/10 03:52 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Sun 10/10/10 03:56 PM

"Atheist Wiccan"

slaphead

There can be no such thing.

Theism is to believe in outer worldly spirits or beings that influence this world.

Wiccan believe this to be true.

As to the OP, there are some extremely smart theists as well as atheists. I find non angry atheists to be more aligned with my intelligence.

I guess that makes ME the "angry atheist"...sad ...shucks we need more of them. Imagine if most people were atheist we'd have had about 75% less conflicts in the history of humans. :cry:

If I rail I rail for the victims of religion and demand my fellow humans wake up and smell the BS before they take one more life.

PS: If an intelligent theist does not believe in evolution they have a screw loose somewhere...

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/10/10 03:35 PM
White man is discriminated against!

I am white and I have been discriminated against by black people in my life…not often but it still stings to have felt victimized. Do we all know what that feels like?

Racism occurs in any race and those types of people are simply put: ignorant low life morons. Emphasis on “ignorant” since that’s the origin of the primitive behaviors in racism.

The most vocal and largest in numbers are the angry white RW nut bags in this country. How do I know they’re large? Well let’s see…they’ve got the GOP, the T-baggers, and the KKK/WS-NAZI...backed by Big Corp monies. Some if not most claim to be Christians too…then should we ask why the Christian leaders are not stomping on Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Lou Dobbs (et. al.) over their racist speak? Not to mention the sheer lunacies they promote. Funny, no reply.

~~~

When President Barack Hussein Obama was elected the white racists went nuts, threats against the president went up like 400%. There’s no doubt we have a very unhealthy number of angry racist in this country. Well armed and dangerous…most only to themselves but still they need to be watched.

The Southern Poverty Law Center watches these racists groups. That includes black separatists, Latin hate gangs, or any others who pose a danger to civil order. The SPLC does not discriminate, the haters will say they do but that’s because they are being watched.

Since a few months before the 2008 elections David Duke and others encouraged the Stormfront members, boosted by the KKK and WS, egged on by the GOP and Big Money to take to the internet blog sites. Even on dating sites it’s been observed many similar postings to hate sites like Stormfront (WS/NAZI). Some more recently since the election is close.

Here’s a link to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s “hate map”. Look for your area and be aware of these people. They are as much a threat to our way of life as foreign terrorists are.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/hate-map

You can also add your dot here!

(Stand Strong Against Hate)

http://www.splcenter.org/get-involved/stand-strong-against-hate

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/10/10 02:27 PM
If people thought of themselves as Americans first this thread would have never been started.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/10/10 09:41 AM
Gee, where does all this hate come from? I am guessing the RW and other religious zealots...or maybe I am wrong and the Thumpers and RWers will be good humans and call their local schoolboards and demand this be shown in their area's schools. :thumbsup:

‘Bullied’ Offers Lessons for Students, Educators

Preview Bullied here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEH75H8fPQY&feature=player_embedded

"In response to mounting reports of vicious anti-gay bullying and student suicides, the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Teaching Tolerance project is making a new documentary film and educational kit available – free of charge – to every school in the country.

Bullied: A Student, a School and a Case that Made History chronicles the powerful story of a student who stood up to his anti-gay tormentors and filed a federal lawsuit against his school district. The suit led to a landmark federal court decision holding that school officials could be held accountable for not stopping the harassment and abuse of gay students.

Despite that ruling, anti-gay bullying continues to be a severe, nationwide problem. In Massachusetts, for example, 11-year-old Carl Joseph Walker-Hoover hanged himself with an extension cord in 2009 after being bullied by classmates who perceived him as gay. In Indiana, another student hanged himself earlier this month after being subjected to anti-gay bullying. In the Anoka-Hennepin school district in Minnesota, at least four gay students have committed suicide in the past year alone. "

“Schools can no longer stick their heads in the sand when it comes to anti-gay bullying and prejudice – the stakes are simply too high,” said Maureen Costello, the SPLC’s Teaching Tolerance director. “Some organizations, like Focus on the Family, believe that schools shouldn’t talk about the problem. But nothing will change – and thousands of gay and straight children alike will continue to suffer abuse – until schools confront this crisis head on.”

The film and its teaching kit can be ordered online. The film, endorsed by the National Education Association, the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) and many other organizations, is being released in time for National Bullying Prevention Month in October. The viewer’s guide contains classroom tools and professional development materials.

Nearly nine out of 10 LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) students experienced harassment in the past year – a rate three times higher than students in general, according to a 2009 GLSEN survey. Lesbian, gay or bisexual adolescents also are twice as likely to be depressed and think about or attempt suicide as their heterosexual peers, according to research cited by the government.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/news/splc-s-new-anti-bullying-film-and-teaching-kit-now-available-to-educators-for-onli

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/10/10 09:29 AM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Sun 10/10/10 09:31 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU9iCANi02o&feature=related

September 2007...modern cuture does not require it and he didn't "refuse", probably forgot...why is this news or a current event?

Message to other Stormfront followers here:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1885586220070718

How ya' like them apples...

LOL If only you knew my beliefs on human origins .LOL!!!rofl rofl rofl

That wouldn't matter considering the sources. It's proven that modern man is about 100,000 years old and we're ALL out of Africa...fact!

LOL you are not hearing me. You mistake me as a person who doesn't like black people. Let me let you in on a secret. I have been aware that we all came from Africa and we all came from ONE "black person" ( true but it's hard to explain the reality of the truth behind that.)since before that study was even done. I don't care, I have dated black guys and Mexican guys. Unfortunately, I think I qualify as a racist because I believe that most black people hate,fear or feel some how wronged by white people on some level. That belief probably qualifies me as a racist. However I don't harbor any ill will towards blacks and it doesn't make me act differently or avoid them . I will however, be the first white woman to openly debate a black person who pulls the race card. I speak my mind no matter where I am at, and I have found that most black people can see my views, and they do know how hard it is to be a white person in a majority black culture. My belief is that racism is a natural part of us. We tend to segregate naturally even in schools. I am not saying we should segregate everyone either but it's clear that at the core of our beings we tend to associate with our own race most comfortably.

"I am not saying we should segregate everyone either but it's clear that at the core of our beings we tend to associate with our own race most comfortably. '

No, this statement would make one an ignorant racist that dispises the Civil Rights Act and would like to promote racial discourse.

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25