Community > Posts By > RainbowTrout

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 06/25/14 12:24 PM

^^^^^^^^

Rainbow Trout Reminds Me Of Fishing With My Dad As A Kid....

Good Memories,,,:heart:

Good Morningwaving

So true.:smile: Dad taught me true patience while fishing with him. I hope you have a wonderful day.flowerforyou :heart:

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 06/25/14 06:23 AM
That reminds of something I heard a professor say when I was taking computer class. A lot of people confuse DSL with ADSL.

Asymmetric digital subscriber line (ADSL) is a type of digital subscriber line (DSL) technology, a data communications technology that enables faster data transmission over copper telephone lines than a conventional voiceband modem can provide.

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 06/25/14 06:18 AM
I liked Plato's-The Republic, too. Especially, when reading about the 'philosopher kings'.:smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 06/25/14 05:52 AM
Some books are better than the movie. To quote Zero Mostel from the movie, "Wholly Moses" "Have you read the Bible or seen the movie?" laugh

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 06/25/14 05:48 AM
Making it to through that last five minutes of work before I can punch out and go home. happy

RainbowTrout's photo
Tue 06/24/14 08:05 PM
Geez. I was hoping HughesNet was something to look forward to, JT. I am signed up with ViaSat because it was part of the bundle with Directv. Still love the Directv but can't wait to get out of the 2 year contract with ViaSat. They say just watch your usage meter. lol What a load; I pay for it by the month I should get a month's worth. First, it was the 10 GB. Then, the 12 GB and now upgraded to the 25 GB at the 129.00 price. Which means for four days you get awesome Internet but then dial-up speed the rest of the month. From midnight to 5 AM the speed is great but then I work third shift.laugh

RainbowTrout's photo
Tue 06/24/14 07:25 PM
Its been a great two days off. :smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Tue 06/24/14 07:23 PM
Captain and Tennile~Muskrat Love

RainbowTrout's photo
Tue 06/24/14 02:19 PM
I am sure you had a reason for breaking it off the first time.

RainbowTrout's photo
Sat 06/21/14 05:37 AM
Beautiful feelings and emotions.:smile: :heart:

RainbowTrout's photo
Thu 06/19/14 05:41 PM
I have always wondered what made the little piggy go wii all the way home. I am glad GIECO is giving him all the attention that he deserves. I especially like the one where he is pulled over by the cop and the cop asks him why did he think he pulled him over. laugh Some times a piggy just wants to share his sausage with others. But then there is the Mr. Potato Head who catches Mrs. Potato Head eating Lays potato chips. Yeah. Just let this be our little secret.laugh

RainbowTrout's photo
Thu 06/19/14 05:17 PM
I have been on the giving end and the receiving end of being stood up. Now neither one of us are making any plans that include the other. It is like getting lucky when either one of us can get some sleep. She has called this abandonment issue so much at me that I have thrown it right back at her. But then we are both co-workers. My usual retort lately is, "Well, if you would quit being such a b*tch you wouldn't have so many abandonment issues." We usually laugh about that.laugh

RainbowTrout's photo
Sun 06/15/14 05:59 AM
Edited by RainbowTrout on Sun 06/15/14 06:07 AM

Ayn Rand's-Atlas Shrugged and Albert Camus'-The Myth of Sisyphus are two of my favorites.
:thumbsup:
Ayn Rand's stuff in general!

She does have an interesting take on things. happy

The Fountainhead is a 1943 novel by Ayn Rand, and her first major literary success. More than 6.5 million copies of the book have been sold worldwide.

The Fountainhead's protagonist, Howard Roark, is an individualistic young architect who chooses to struggle in obscurity rather than compromise his artistic and personal vision. The book follows his battle to practice what the public sees as modern architecture, which he believes to be superior, despite an establishment centered on tradition-worship. How others in the novel relate to Roark demonstrates Rand's various archetypes of human character, all of which are variants between Roark, the author's ideal man of independent-mindedness and integrity, and what she described as the "second-handers". The complex relationships between Roark and the various kinds of individuals who assist or hinder his progress, or both, allow the novel to be at once a romantic drama and a philosophical work. Roark is Rand's embodiment of what she believes to be the ideal human spirit, and his struggle reflects Rand's personal belief that individualism trumps collectivism.

The manuscript was rejected by twelve publishers before editor Archibald Ogden at the Bobbs-Merrill Company risked his job to get it published. Despite mixed reviews from the contemporary media, the book gained a following by word of mouth and became a bestseller. The novel was made into a Hollywood film in 1949. Rand wrote the screenplay, and Gary Cooper played Roark.

Imagine getting rejected by 12 publishers and someone risking their job to get you published. Wow!

RainbowTrout's photo
Sun 06/15/14 05:55 AM

good morning minglerswaving

Worked a double yesterday back to work today. Tired got up at 4asleep

And no coffee I'm callling a friend whoa

I would think you would need a friend after that. :)

Good morning, friends. Is a beautiful Sunday.waving

RainbowTrout's photo
Thu 06/12/14 05:59 AM
I did a successful 10th step.happy I was raging mad.rant I felt like I had been picked on all night. I could barely handle my own emotions. And I was trying to handle the other aide's emotions because she is afraid about her results from a mammography. I was trying to handle the nurse's emotions. I was working as hard, careful and thorough as I could. And then I lost my temper. But it was a successful vent. I didn't use profanity, yell and scream like I wanted to. But admitted I was wrong. Which is real hard for me. And I admitted I was wrong promptly. And I listened attentively when first shift told me that I misunderstood what they had seen that we hadn't taken care of. And then I let them know that I don't have a crystal ball; Am not superman and thought that their expectations of me was unreal. And I still have my job. Whew. Last night was the nightmare from hell. I am only human after all.:smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 06/11/14 06:16 PM
A man of quality is not threatened by a woman of equality. Once one can get by the fear that one must dominate or being dominated one can see the give and take of a relationship. I can still remember hear my older sister saying that she wouldn't stoop so low as to be equal with men.laugh

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 06/11/14 08:28 AM
Contented for me is being comfortable in my own skin and not feeling like I have to escape some where. Everything is just like it is supposed to be at this present time and people I meet along the way can be friends that I just haven't met, yet.

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 06/11/14 08:14 AM
I got it activated Online. I tried to set the voice-mail up. Hopefully a friend at work will help me with it tonight. I guess I am just too used to the ease of Linux.laugh

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 06/11/14 07:38 AM

Everytime I try to go for a girl she either ends up going with another guy, stops talking to me randomly, or my favorite HAS A BOYFRIEND! Fanfreakintastic! Like the girl I met at Fanime! I was thinkin, "Hmm maybe something could happen here." But in the back of my mind I kept tellin myself, "It's not going to happen, something's going to get in the way, give up before you start feeling again, just give up on feeling ever." And wouldn't you know it!?!?! She has a boyfriend....I'm done! I don't need a girl in my life. My family is all I need and some friends. They're always there for me, they always listen to me, they always have my back, they support my every endeavor, they push me to be the best that I can. I've gone already 19 years without a relationship! TO HELL WITH DATING EVER...Why am I so undatable...

The friend route is a good route to follow. If they told you they already had boy friends then they are being honest with you. I am sure you have heard this from girls, "Can't we be just friends?" Be careful about discarding those because chances are they are being honest with you. Just because they are unavailable doesn't mean they don't know some friends who are. By socializing with them you may find that your confidence may go up even though they are not your girl friend. If nothing else it has a tendency to get one's self out of the shell so to speak.

RainbowTrout's photo
Tue 06/10/14 12:13 PM

Don't get me wrong I am very happy being single, but........
Something happened to me at work yesterday that shook me to my core.
A girl fell down and I was right there, I offered my hand and assisted her up and onto her feet. But as she put her hand in mine I felt a warmth and intensity of emotions I'm struggling to describe shoot through me. It made me realise I have not held a women��s hand in over 5 or 6 years maybe more, and to feel that even though it was only a helping hand was so special.
I can��t wait to hold someone��s hand for the very first time again, to feel the warmth and softness, to feel the texture of a loved one��s hand as we gently apply pressure and entwine our fingers together.
It will be a very special moment.

I hate to say it but it is one of the reasons I love the caring profession. Perks like this are a common occurrence. It can be a whole social life in its self. Of course, it has to be taken in moderation which is no problem because for the most part one can find it the exception to the rule.:smile:

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25