Community > Posts By > RainbowTrout

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 12/28/16 10:53 PM
Recently a woman told me that the reason she turned down a friend who wanted something more was because if the relationship got more serious it would cause her to lose her childhood friend which she valued. Hence, I sure he was given the "Can't we just be friends?" I have heard that some value their relationship more because they were childhood friends and others value their relationship more because they feel they are with the one they were destined to be with.

RainbowTrout's photo
Tue 11/29/16 12:51 PM
Get a job as a care giver.

RainbowTrout's photo
Thu 01/01/15 01:19 PM
Joy

RainbowTrout's photo
Thu 01/01/15 01:12 PM
Edited by RainbowTrout on Thu 01/01/15 01:13 PM

Start a journal or diary. It helped me in rehab. A break up can cause a cultural shock to your system. I was advised to clean up my side of the street and work my own program. Later, when you are rehashing that stuff in your mind being able to check your notes can really help you. Making a clean break of it will really help you in the long run. Agreeing to disagree will help you to get over the past.

:thumbsup: Hi (((Roy)))...Making a clean break is probably one of the fastest ways to move on...Also like Riza said, keep busy by focusing on your own life.....Wishing you both a Safe and Happy New Year!...flowerforyou

Happy New Year (((Leigh))). I was remembering that breakup after twice my ex and I tried to make a go of it. We even shook hands before going into divorce court. Later, when I remarried her mom and her both thought the new wife and me made a cute couple. It really made a difference because of that I was able to congratulate my ex's new husband. And that makes a difference because every time I get to see my kids and grand kids we meet with my ex mother-in-law and ex-wife. It would have been real uncomfortable for me if it wasn't for that clean break.:smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Thu 01/01/15 06:17 AM
Edited by RainbowTrout on Thu 01/01/15 06:18 AM
Happy New Year. Just off from work. Spent my new year working. We are supposed to get rain mixed with sleet today and tomorrow. But with the warm temperatures the weatherman said that it shouldn't amount to much. I can still remember how cold it got last year. This winter seems so unreal compared to this time last year.

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 12/31/14 06:00 AM
Working with live people is so much better than working with parts. I am not saying that working with people is less frustrating but parts never talked backed to me. It is like parts never give you any validity. Parts could care less if you were ever there to begin with. Becoming a care giver after turning into a widower was that best thing that could ever happen to me. I guess one would just having to go through the parting of a loved one to understand the difference of a person (people) who comment back and one that can't (part).

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 12/31/14 05:41 AM
I was trying the Test X180 and had no complaints except they were sending them faster that I could ever possibly use them. I just thought they had more faith in me than I could ever have in myself. laugh

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 12/31/14 05:35 AM
Good morning, Jeff. I am a little more with it this morning. I was off for two days and being the extremist that I am I guess I was off more than I thought I was. I am thinking there is a place between running your butt off and doing nothing at all. LOL

RainbowTrout's photo
Sun 12/28/14 05:47 PM
First its warm then its cold here. I am so glad it isn't as cold as some of the winters we have had here.

RainbowTrout's photo
Sun 12/28/14 05:52 AM
Start a journal or diary. It helped me in rehab. A break up can cause a cultural shock to your system. I was advised to clean up my side of the street and work my own program. Later, when you are rehashing that stuff in your mind being able to check your notes can really help you. Making a clean break of it will really help you in the long run. Agreeing to disagree will help you to get over the past.

RainbowTrout's photo
Mon 12/22/14 12:50 PM
1st Man: [at end of each show] Look, up in the sky! It's a plane!

2nd Man: It's a bird!

Woman: It's a frog!

1st Man: A frog?

Underdog: Not plane nor bird nor even frog. It's just little old me...

[sound of crash off camera]

Underdog: Heh-heh, Underdog.

RainbowTrout's photo
Mon 12/22/14 12:34 PM
We can always make up new lies and games if you are tired of the old ones.

RainbowTrout's photo
Sat 12/20/14 06:05 AM
Most definitely for some ladies that I care for. It makes my job easier sometimes and harder at other times. I have found that being a gentleman's gentleman to be different than a lady's gentlemen but even when they over 100 they still can like younger guys.

RainbowTrout's photo
Thu 12/18/14 08:09 PM
I think it is because the word itself "girlfriend" can be construed as a contradiction in terms. For instance, Is she your girl or your friend? Is it possible for her to be both if she cheated on you? Is it just a girl or a friend that you are really after? Is it possible to have both?

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 12/10/14 06:31 AM
It is almost a contradiction in terms. Where I work its tattoos or socks that don't match. Are mismatched socks and tattoos considered fashion statements now?

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 12/10/14 06:05 AM
Edited by RainbowTrout on Wed 12/10/14 06:05 AM
Being my self for me is being true to myself. For instance, With enough projected guilt toward me I am liable to change so people will get off my back. LOL I have made great strides from always being people pleasing but I am afraid it will always be one of my character defects. I just have to live with it. I can't always be the sociopath just because it is part of my nature or live by sarcasm alone. Man does not live by bread alone. Sometimes he needs peanut butter and jelly to go with it.:smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Mon 12/08/14 08:11 AM
I love my job working at the nursing home. And I love taking my days off, too. The downtime makes the up time more productive. The job has helped me so much personally but I do love getting that paycheck. Getting that paycheck every two weeks isn't my preference; Weekly would be more to my liking. I used to think that the nursing home was just for the elderly but realize we have residents young enough to be my children. So when I am working with residents who are my children age I remind them to respect the elderly. LOL Of course, they tell me okay old man. LOL Or, yes, daddy. LOL And one of them even calls me grandpa. LOL

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 12/03/14 05:56 AM
I don't have that problem. All of my bosses are female nurses. It is just one honey do list after another. laugh

RainbowTrout's photo
Sat 11/29/14 05:43 AM
That is a wonderful place. Three of my friends who were working at the Roustabout camp in Morgan City, Louisiana with me took off to Corpus Christi, Texas. That was in the early eighties but we like driving South Padre Island drive. While going there through Port Author our vehicle was check for people who escape from the prison that was nearby. The police advised us not to pick up hitch hikers which was problem since we filled up the small car any way. We camped out by Mustang Island with our Coleman stove and had a great time.

RainbowTrout's photo
Thu 11/20/14 08:00 AM
Edited by RainbowTrout on Thu 11/20/14 08:00 AM

I hear ya. This casual sex thing I hear you talking about. What ever happened to serious sex?

Or formal sex.....doesn't anyone know how to dress for a special event anymore?

So informal sex would be casual sex? And formal sex would be serious sex?

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25