Community > Posts By > RainbowTrout

RainbowTrout's photo
Sat 08/30/14 11:32 AM
Once you get used to wearing scrubs other clothes just seem so foreign. Scrub tops with big pockets are even more comfortable to wear than jeans or fatigues for me. One advantage to being with women your own age is it can help you get by the midlife crisis. Sure being with the woman half my age was a rush at first. She did get me past the jaded feeling. But what really was a good feeling was when a fellow co-worker my own age told me that I was a good aide. I have learned to be more assertive because of her and she is finding from me how to be more mellow. So I have went from one extreme from the younger ones to the older ones. But seriously I have found it really depends on the person themselves. I have had the pleasure to work with some guys who are fun to work with. This new guy really cracks me up. He is my son's age and he calls men who are older than me young men. He does the same thing with older women. He is such a charmer. As usual you can teach an old dog new tricks just by example. The new data will be assimilated into my bed side manner. I am always trying to improve on it.

RainbowTrout's photo
Sat 08/30/14 11:11 AM
I am glad you got help to get it fixed. Loved Ubuntu then Mint. Prefer Lubuntu with Gnome. Was happy when Lubuntu became part of Ubuntu. I hope you stay with Linux; Its awesome to me.

RainbowTrout's photo
Thu 08/28/14 07:44 PM
If someone tells you that is not all about you then ask them if it has anything to do with you.

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 08/27/14 07:29 PM
:smile: waving

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 08/27/14 06:44 PM
If you love something throw it away.
Was a boomerang on a summer's day.
If you hate something throw it away.
Was a pebble dancing across the bay.
The strings are not meant to be seen.
That it appear to others human being.
Free will choose its own path to take.
Doesn't mean it can't make a mistake.

RainbowTrout's photo
Fri 08/22/14 12:38 PM
I would reclassify those two relationships since my best friend would not be someone who would have sex with my girlfriend. I like this thread because I could see how a best friend could be someone who is not your girlfriend. But then I would think it would be more preferable to have a best friend to be the girlfriend. But I should live in the real world.:smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Thu 08/21/14 05:45 AM
:smile: flowerforyou

RainbowTrout's photo
Thu 08/21/14 05:42 AM
Grab a pick. Preferably one with a fibreglass handle. That way when you leave it out in the rain its still a good pick to dig for gold.:smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 08/20/14 06:12 AM
Yup. That is good. Sometimes all they want is you to hear them. Or you to watch them do something.:smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Sat 08/16/14 06:41 AM
I treat myself to yard sales. Don't even have to buy anything for it to be special to me. On special occasions I just jump in the vehicle and drive with the radio on a good station.:smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Thu 08/14/14 06:02 AM
I really liked High School DXD. My favourite is still Rosario + Vampire, though. The second set of thirteen was even more awesome than the first set of thirteen. Moka splits into two Mokas which makes four Mokas. Then after you really learn why the Vampire puts the rosary on herself. So freaking awesome in the 26th version. You find that her father made the rosary for her. I about cried and lost it then. The vampire explains and so does her father that the personality the boyfriend falls in love with is the fake one. But the boyfriend explains to the vampire's father that he loves both the vampire and the fake. The part that made me cry was when he tried to explain to the vampire that he loved the Rosario Moka and the Vampire Moka tried to explained to him that they shared the same body. Wow!

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 08/13/14 07:19 PM
I think you can blame it on our female advisers when we were growing up who told us that women mature faster than men. There is this misnomer that we just can expect that says maturity comes with age. And some us really buy into that. She has experience since she is older which we might not have. I can't really speak for all. It is like maybe she can teach us something because she might be more friendly to us than those younger or those our own age. God knows we can communicate with them or trust them because they are just too damn scary to deal with. :smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 08/13/14 07:01 PM
Good luck.:smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 08/13/14 06:57 PM
There are so many good white girls out there. I would like to say there are so many good girls out there. But my luck they would get me for being off topic. So I will play it safe and not say that.:smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 08/13/14 06:42 PM
I know for me I just have trouble handling other people's emotions or my own for that matter. Was always happy to work by myself because always wanted to run at the first sign of emotions. Maybe it is just a guy thing I used to think. But the more I observe my female helpers at work (Which I might add is probably a guy thing, too. lol) I am find myself getting into the hang of it. I haven't had to use the sign of the cross; Ask for holy water or Carry garlic at my job. I am learning how to go with the flow and just follow their lead. Of course, it really works both ways because they help me when I get too emotional, too. I get less and less of, "Geez, I am just teasing. Don't take everything so seriously." Like when one of them working with someone points out to them that I am just a guy and what do I know. Divide and conquer really works at times. My boss even told me when really dealing with a hard case with a guy instead of a gal which is usually the case, "If he intimidates you then just intimidate him back." Good advice because even though he was really pissed he did respond in a volatile but successful way. You can teach an old dog new tricks.laugh It is always funny when I can deal with a person they have troubling with, too at times. It is like how did you do that. And of course, I don't have a clue.laugh I would have to agree though that sometimes there is a fine line between negging and nagging, too.

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 08/13/14 05:16 PM

After my wife passed I remember I going through this. My mother who had two husbands passed on her said, "You poor thing. What will you do?" You are just like one of your sisters." The sister did okay but I wasn't as fortunate. Mom didn't get into another relationship but is still is okay with it because she is always spending time with one of her nine children or their offspring. Mom had nine kids so it really wasn't a big thing. You would think I would be compared to one of my brothers.laugh I can't sometimes really imagine just how smart my mother is. Mom really never has to worry about the other nine kids; Just that sister and me. And now just me since that sister is doing fine just me. But then she sees I am doing okay so she doesn't worry about me now, either. And I owe all that to my mother now. It sure took a while though. Yeah. Don't rush it; Nature doesn't really abhor a vacuum. It took a lot of friends helping out though; Not just mom. Mom was just someone I could turn safely to in the beginning.

Poor u..ya time heals..and definately need family and friends for support to get u through a hard time, anything helps..but thats good your doing better now..

I am glad I am doing better, too. :smile: I have worried my mother so much in the past. She really is enjoying the break I imagine.:smile:

RainbowTrout's photo
Wed 08/13/14 04:43 PM
Edited by RainbowTrout on Wed 08/13/14 04:44 PM
After my wife passed I remember I going through this. My mother who had two husbands passed on her said, "You poor thing. What will you do?" You are just like one of your sisters." The sister did okay but I wasn't as fortunate. Mom didn't get into another relationship but is still is okay with it because she is always spending time with one of her nine children or their offspring. Mom had nine kids so it really wasn't a big thing. You would think I would be compared to one of my brothers.laugh I can't sometimes really imagine just how smart my mother is. Mom really never has to worry about the other nine kids; Just that sister and me. And now just me since that sister is doing fine just me. But then she sees I am doing okay so she doesn't worry about me now, either. And I owe all that to my mother now. It sure took a while though. Yeah. Don't rush it; Nature doesn't really abhor a vacuum. It took a lot of friends helping out though; Not just mom. Mom was just someone I could turn safely to in the beginning.

RainbowTrout's photo
Mon 08/11/14 07:34 PM
Truly a great loss. He even made Disney movies interesting. I will always remember him as the genie in Aladdin with the cave of wonders.:cry:

RainbowTrout's photo
Sun 08/10/14 07:56 PM
What's Next For Raspberry Pi, The $35 Computer Powering Hardware Innovation

Hobbyist tinkerers are turning ideas into consumer products using this simple computer--and a new model will help them do even more.
By Rebecca Greenfield

Less than a year after quitting his job at Digg, Jake Levine turned an idea for a high-definition screen to display digital art into a prototype that landed him $1.7 million in funding, and $750,000 more in Kickstarter dollars. The product is a darling among the tech elite and earned a glowing write-up in The New York Times, among other media outlets.

"I couldn't have done it without Raspberry Pi," Levine, the creator of Electric Objects, told Fast Company. With no background in hardware, he used the $35 computer as the brains of his prototype, which he lent out to 100 influential entrepreneurs, technophiles, and artists last spring. He credits that grassroots support as key to his fundraising success.

"From a pure proof-of-concept perspective, the Pi was the only reasonable choice," he added.

Levine, a self-taught programmer who worked on the company from his parents' house in Cape Cod, used the credit-card-size computer, an accompanying development kit, and Ada Fruit tutorials to hack together the first version of Electric Objects. It took him about four days to teach his laptop to send an image to his "product," which at that time consisted of a Pi and a monitor ordered off of Amazon.

"I have no experience with anything remotely hardware," he said. "On the basis of a few tutorials, a bunch of Google searching, and many hours banging my head, I was able to get this prototype running." With a few more weeks of programming, Levine had something legitimate enough to show venture capitalists. He plans on shipping the $299 screen to his hundreds of Kickstarter supporters in May of next year.

A few years ago, building a prototype would have been prohibitively expensive for someone like Levine. Raspberry Pi, however, has lowered the barrier for people without a lot of money or know-how because it's cheap, easy, and stable. The Pi, outfitted with Linux, can be used to run any number of things, and has enough processing power for graphics. Most importantly, it offers access to the rabid Raspberry Pi community.

“When I was first starting Droplet, it was just me,” the founder of the Pi-enabled smart sprinkler, Steve Fernholz, said. Like Levine, he depended on the expertise of Pi users who share their hacks and code on message boards and websites, saving himself time and frustration. "Being able to leverage the Raspberry Pi community was as valuable as the hardware itself," he added.

Raspberry Pi was created as an educational tool. Concerned with the decline in computer science graduates, four programmers from the University of Cambridge’s Computer Laboratory wanted to create an affordable computer for students to learn the basics of coding. In 2008, they founded the U.K.-based Raspberry Pi foundation, a registered educational charity with the mission "to advance the education of adults and children, particularly in the field of computers, computer science and related subjects."

fastcompany.com/3033850/most-creative-people/whats-next-for-raspberry-pi-the-35-computer-powering-hardware-innovatio

RainbowTrout's photo
Sun 08/10/14 07:47 PM

Just saying hi.
hey rainbow, I remember ya bro how ya be mate.!! cheers brodrinker

Just swimming in this beautiful ocean.waving

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25