Community > Posts By > Rasmus916

Rasmus916's photo
Tue 07/31/12 11:30 AM
Honestly, my friends say I have the highest tolerance level out of almost everyone they know. Even when I am angry, I usually bite my tongue, but that is because I was always taught if I had nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. It normally works to my advantage because when I am relaxed and in my element, I am a very quiet person, so it is hard to tell when I am angry or just relaxed.

Rasmus916's photo
Sun 07/29/12 02:18 PM
In all honesty, I miss having a horrible day at work, then coming home and knowing the day is over. Being at total peace just knowing I am home again and knowing they are there waiting to help me settle down from the job.

Rasmus916's photo
Sun 07/29/12 12:50 PM
Successful

(And no, I do not mean by getting into the girls pants, I am talking about landing a second date. :P)

Rasmus916's photo
Sat 07/28/12 04:07 PM

Awesome kittens you got there soufie. :)

Shhhhhhhh.
(I have not told them they are cats yet.)

Oops! Sorry, LOL, I keep trying to tell my kitten that she is a cat, but she knows she is human.

Sad, when I eat dinner at my computer desk, I even have to put her food dishes and water dish next to my keyboard and set up a second chair so she can eat dinner with me like the rest of us humans. :P

Rasmus916's photo
Sat 07/28/12 03:36 PM
Oh yes, I plan on getting her looked at next chance I get.

Awesome kittens you got there soufie. :)

Rasmus916's photo
Sat 07/28/12 12:33 PM
Oh I take my kitten to the vet on a regular basis, I have to because she has problems seeing out of one eye. Other than that which she has had her whole life, she is healthy as can be.

Also, like I mentioned, she grew up hearing me play, and listening to me teach others how to play. Never really moved or never really bothered her, no matter how good or bad my students sounded. :P

Rasmus916's photo
Sat 07/28/12 02:13 AM
LOL I was beginning to think the same thing, but once I settled her down, I began to work on the same song again. She went back to bed fine and is - excuse the pun - purring like a kitten.

Rasmus916's photo
Sat 07/28/12 01:28 AM
So I was minding my own business strumming my guitar learning a new song. My cat was asleep not even two feet away from me on my bed. All of a sudden, she started twitching violently and then woke up even more violently. Without hesitation, she jumped in my chest since the guitar was occupying my lap still twitching and staring at me with her scared look. Now she is purring and won't let go of me.

Am I wrong to believe my kitten just had a nightmare? (she may be almost 10 years old, but she still thinks she is 10 days old)

Rasmus916's photo
Sat 07/28/12 01:20 AM
I personally want to thank you.

I wasn't hungry, I was fine and content, now I want to go bake me some cookies in the dead of night.

While I am at it, anyone else have any requests? :P

Rasmus916's photo
Fri 07/27/12 09:24 PM
Prayers lifted. :)

Rasmus916's photo
Fri 07/27/12 04:50 AM
Try to hold a conversation, but instead of typing words, type the link to a song where someone has to get the general meaning and reply to with another song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK4jdVbuOvg

Rasmus916's photo
Fri 07/27/12 04:25 AM
Honestly at times, no I do not ask for God for every little thing. At other times, I ask for everything under the sun that is on my mind.

IMHO It is okay to pray to God to ask for whatever you want, you just have to understand, he will say no sometimes. For me, more often than not.

Also, it does help knowing that he is there to listen to you and your problems and hear your requests when sometimes there isn't another ear to turn to ya know?

Rasmus916's photo
Fri 07/27/12 04:00 AM

I often wonder how those that can't find work and have run out of unemployment are surviving..

Honestly, I do not know about everyone else who was hit by losing unemployment, but I have been slowly selling everything I own just to make ends meet. I couldn't get enough money teaching music so I have been slowly selling my Guitar and Bass collection. My parents have let me move back in with them temporarily, but I just try to keep my head up high and continue looking for a solid steady paycheck. I know the worst I can do is give up.

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 07/26/12 10:20 PM
Honestly, I have visited the places of the world I have wanted to visit. Now I may not have had the money or the means to do what I wanted to do while I was there, but for me, I want to move back to Texas one day.

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 07/26/12 10:18 PM
Honestly, I try to be as approachable as possible, but my whole life I have been told my natural relaxed expression makes people think I am ready to kill someone. I honestly don't know about all that because my closest friends all tell others I am really friendly in person. I just don't understand it. I have learned to live with it though, just don't understand how some say I am unapproachable, then some say I am as friendly as they come. :/

Rasmus916's photo
Mon 07/23/12 06:46 PM
I couldn't honestly make an honest judgement on what the "best" band is, my taste changes so often in such dramatic ways, that I cannot really name one. But being a musician, I will say this... give me a good ol 2nd or 3rd wave ska band and it doesn't matter my mood or flavor of the month, I will GLADLY rock it.

Rasmus916's photo
Mon 07/23/12 06:38 PM

I honestly have thought about this beforehand. If I had the means to change a law, it would have to be a law of reality (you never specified :P)

My law, Stupidity should be painful, not enough to kill, but enough to make you stop and think to yourself... "OUCH, what am I doing that I shouldn't be right now."

Stupidity is a benchmark for how not to behave, I should know, I've set that benchmark myself a number of times, and also observed others as well....tis all part of learning.

I seriously believe there ought to be a law against wearing spandex in public, unless you are competing in a sporting event.

Please don't get me wrong, if stupidity was painful, I would have been dead a long time ago. Many times in my past I have been known to get close to death due to my own stupidity, but live and learn ya know?

Rasmus916's photo
Mon 07/23/12 05:04 PM
I honestly have thought about this beforehand. If I had the means to change a law, it would have to be a law of reality (you never specified :P)

My law, Stupidity should be painful, not enough to kill, but enough to make you stop and think to yourself... "OUCH, what am I doing that I shouldn't be right now."

Rasmus916's photo
Mon 07/23/12 05:01 PM
Honestly, some people say I don't ask enough questions let alone talk enough, some people say I talk too much. It is honestly dependent on the situation and the people involved.

If someone were asking me a bunch of questions, normally I wouldn't have any issue, I understand some people have a natural curious nature. On the other hand if the questions became too personal, then I would flat out tell them that I do not feel right answering that question just yet and they would have to get to know me more before I felt compfortable speaking about such a topic

Rasmus916's photo
Mon 07/23/12 12:22 PM
Even in one of my last relationships, which lasted 10 years, EVERY date I turned my phone off and kept it on hand. This way I wouldn't get a text or call during the date. Whatever was going on can wait and can be handled in due time, but that is also because I do not have any kids who would need a parent to be on call like that. If I did have a child, I would have kept my phone on in case the child or babysitter needed to get ahold of me. IMHO there is no other excuse.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 23 24