Community > Posts By > Rasmus916

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 08/23/12 09:21 PM
During high school, my testing showed I am "smarter than the average bear." Even after spending my entire life trying to master what I have chosen to do with my life, even after trying to get a trade skill to go to work, I am still jobless striving to simply make ends meet while still playing my music. I will GLADLY take money over IQ any day of the week, hell I will take money over wisdom any day of the week as well.

Dumb and rich vs poor and hungry is the angle I am lookin at it with now. :P

Rasmus916's photo
Wed 08/22/12 10:50 PM
I am a firm believer in praying together. I also do believe that I do not need to know what the situation is. Simply say you need prayer and I will lift those up who wish for it. Our father knows what is on our hearts and I will pray for those requests to be answered in his will. :)

Rasmus916's photo
Wed 08/22/12 12:08 PM
IMHO The most attractive thing about a woman is when she is confident in herself and knows how to use what she has to her advantage. Big, small, long hair, short hair, nothing really matters about looks because looks change. What does matter is if she is a happy person, if there is that inner beauty that shines through whatever is on the outside.

Hope my two cents helps :)

Rasmus916's photo
Tue 08/21/12 04:01 AM
There are plenty of good guys out there! Either way, welcome to Mingle2 and good luck! :)

Rasmus916's photo
Tue 08/21/12 03:57 AM
Very nice topic to think about, but at the same point, you cannot argue the fact that the bible clearly does state that the wages of sin is death. The bible also does say that for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

No matter if one sin is worse than the other in the eyes of God, one fact still remains, we ALL have sinned, even if it is big, small, or if they are all the same in the eyes of God. Because of which we all deserve to go to hell. I personally do not care how big or small a sin is, what I care about is that I have sinned ya know?

Rasmus916's photo
Sun 08/19/12 03:26 AM
I used to be really big into Origami. My mission was to get the 1,000 crane from one sheet of paper done, but I was never able to figure out how to get two cranes from one sheet of paper without cutting it. :/

I was able to get to 100 off of one (big) sheet of paper though.

Rasmus916's photo
Sun 08/19/12 03:22 AM
I do like the fact that you are mentioning specific things you are into as well as dropping subtle hints on what would work as a great first date. Too often do I read "If you are this type of guy, please do not message me"

Also, the picture of you dancing, that picture is golden, I really enjoy it.

Overall it was a fun and very lively read. :)

Good luck and happy hunting!

Rasmus916's photo
Sat 08/18/12 01:13 PM

Welcome welcome! It is honestly rare I find someone in my age range who is also a musician! The bass guitar is my weapon of choice, but I do play the guitar, drums, and the cello. :D

Thanks much and I like your arsenal! I have a lot of friends that are musically talented I jus wanna get us all together in a room and jam out!happy

Say the word and you got yourself a bassist!

Rasmus916's photo
Sat 08/18/12 02:37 AM
Welcome welcome! It is honestly rare I find someone in my age range who is also a musician! The bass guitar is my weapon of choice, but I do play the guitar, drums, and the cello. :D

Rasmus916's photo
Fri 08/17/12 02:40 PM
So far, there isn't a single match for me in the USA on both of the websites I go to. The few mutual matches I do have on this website though, all of them have had their accounts disabled within a day of the mutual match happening. I have sent messages out to those I was interested in though and so far, all of them has come back unresponsive if they were a real person.

Rasmus916's photo
Fri 08/17/12 12:48 AM

Rasmus, possibly you are, I sure hope not though. From the messages I get which range from 18 to 68, I would have to say you are a rare one that reads profiles.:thumbsup:

Thank you very much! Honestly my big problem is that there are so many guys out there who are only after one thing, when a guy like me comes around, I have to do a lot of convincing that getting into a girls pants is probably the last thing on my mind when it comes to starting a relationship. Then again, there are always those bots who are always more than willing to hold a conversation with me until they figure out they are not going to get my email address or credit card number. Gotta love skynet! :P

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 08/16/12 11:11 PM
Honestly, I try to avoid people with them usernames that are like that. I am also one of the few guys in my age range who reads someones profile before I even look at their pics. I sometimes wonder if I am the only one in my age range who tries to not follow that crowd.

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 08/16/12 01:55 PM
I do not know of any other christian forums, but on Facebook, a good friend of mine made a group with a good number of people who post prayer requests where we all can pray for them with.

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 08/16/12 12:35 AM
Honestly, I have always had a thing for blondes, but the brown does look really nice on you. I say go with the brown now that summer is almost over and when it starts getting hot again, go back to blonde. :)

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 08/16/12 12:29 AM
At one point, I was living with my girlfriend and we lived on entirely different sleep schedules. My job forced me to be either awake, or at work at 5am, and she didn't get off of work till 2am usually. Problem was that she had issues on my days off if I didn't go to bed when she normally went to bed. (5-6am normally)

I personally find it to be an issue when I was dead beat tired at 7pm ready to go to bed knowing if I wanted to avoid an argument I had to force myself to stay awake for another 8 hours before she even thought about sleeping. :/

If and when I find someone else, I will have to apologize, but if we do have different work schedules, there will be no arguments or anger about different sleeping schedules. Gotta get the bills paid ya know?

Rasmus916's photo
Wed 08/15/12 02:16 PM
In all honesty, I will be persistent all the way until the writing on the wall says otherwise. I know it is a character flaw of mine of sorts, but if she gives me the sign she isn't interested, I will walk away without even looking back. She knows how to get ahold of me if she is interested.

Rasmus916's photo
Wed 08/15/12 03:31 AM
Me personally, I knew God was putting me in my place and that he was not happy with me. That entire day, I had a lot of trouble even speaking a full sentence after being put in my place like that.

Rasmus916's photo
Wed 08/15/12 03:09 AM
I was living with my girlfriend at the time, my best friend was my next door neighbor. He and I had the friendship to where we can walk into each others apartment, day or night, good times or bad times, it didn't matter. If he was making dinner and I was hungry, I didn't need to ask, I could just walk over there and make myself a plate, go home, eat it, and come back to wash my dishes, then go back home and there would not be a problem. That Sunday morning, he got off of work late as usual, I believe 1 or 2am. At 7am I got woken up by God. My girlfriend was lying down asleep next to me and God sent one ray of sunshine to fall perfectly through the blinds into my eye. Clear as day, I heard God speaking to me.
"Wake up boy, we need to talk."
"God, I am tired, I just wanna...."
"You are going to El Camino Baptist church this Sunday. Wake up, get ready, and start walking there"
"Yes sir."

Yes sir was all I was able to say. It was truly the first time God sat me down and spoke with me, not to compfort, but to set me straight. What could I do? All I was able to say was "Yes Sir."

I sat up thinking my girlfriend had seen or heard this whole thing, but she was just starting to wake up as I was starting to move around and get myself ready for church. She did ask me where I was going, but with my head down, all I was able to say was that I was going to church. I knew she had to work, there was no way she would be able to make it to the service, but I knew God was calling me there to listen to his word.

I got ready, and as I closed and locked my front door, I could not help it but stop and just simply stare at my neighbors door for about 10 minutes with a blank look on my face. I walked into his apartment and woke him up.
"Dude, wake up, we are going to church."
"Go without me, I am sick and I just fell asleep not even an hour ago."

I didn't need anything else, God was calling ME to go to THIS church.

Before I go any farther, I must say this, my neighbor was raised in a church family, but as most of us do as I have noticed in my personal life, we simply stop going.

While walking to church, I was thinking to myself that this was a long walk, I am glad God woke me up early enough to make this walk to the church. Problem was that I did not get ready fast enough and was going to be a few minutes late.

Halfway to church my cellphone started ringing.
"Whats going on buddy? Sorry for waking you up, I won't do it agai..."
"where is this church?"

In my head I couldn't believe it, God not only woke me up and told me to go to church, he provided me a ride. I quickly gave him directions there, the same route I was walking so he could pick me up along the way.

The service spoke to me in a way that I could not believe, not even 24 hours ago, I had lost my temper, many people I know lost faith that I was a christian when they saw the way I acted. God literally spoke straight to me during the preachers sermon.

After the sermon, during the final prayer, God spoke to me again.

"Listen here now, you are going to start giving me ALL you have. El Camino is your church home for now."
"But God, I am unemployed, I have no money to give to you in my tithe, all I own is my instruments and all I know how to do is play music."

The last thing I heard God say was these three simple words...

"Think about it."

Since then, I have dedicated to giving God EVERYTHING I have with my music.

Rasmus916's photo
Wed 08/15/12 03:09 AM
I mentioned in another thread that I was going to give people the story of how I am the way I am today when it comes to my being a musician for God. Instead of just saying that I will do it one day, I figure it would be best for me to put my money where my mouth is, so in the next post or two, please enjoy the read. I have spoken with others about this event in my life, some say it is impossible to hear God speak to you as if you were talking to someone right next to you. Me personally, with that event, I firmly believe, no, I know I heard God speak to me and set me straight, he was NOT happy with the way I was, and this one moment in my life literally changed the way I look at MANY things in my life.

I do hope this story helps some of you out as I do not even know if it will even help anyone out at all. :)

Rasmus916's photo
Wed 08/15/12 03:00 AM
To an extent I do hold my date to some expectations that my past relationships did set the bar to, both good and bad expectations.

Bad, yes I have mentioned before, I did go on a date where the girl literally was text messaging her ex boyfriend the entire date and ignored me. The only reason why I stayed for that date was because hunger had taken over and my food was right in front of me. Nowadays, I turn my phone off instead of silent and when they ask what I am doing with my phone thinking I am texting a girl, I tell them I am turning my phone off. So far, yes, some continued to text others, but most find it respectable and try to offer me the same respect.

Good, Yes, I am a little old fashioned, and I do expect the lady I take out to respect that, I open the car door for you to get in and out, I hold doors open. I still do hold every woman up to that expectation, if they find it offensive that I am that old fashioned, I honestly do not think it would work out. I have tried to break that habit, and give the more independent women their independence, but I just find that I cannot. I find it a good thing to be a little old fashioned with the class acts that live in my area though. It kinda earns me a few extra brownie points on them first dates, and continues to earn brownie points when they realize that it is who I am and not that I am not just trying to impress a girl.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 23 24