Community > Posts By > Rasmus916

Rasmus916's photo
Sat 09/01/12 01:40 AM
Me being a musician, when I hit a dry spell, I have a specific pandora station that plays ALL music, not just the type I listen to and not the type I normally play. You would be surprised what type of inspiration you get when you are looking at your project through different eyes.

(or in my case, listening to your project through different ears)

Hope it helps. :)

Rasmus916's photo
Sat 09/01/12 12:52 AM
Plenty of guys that fit that description hiding in the cuts somewhere, you just gotta find the right one for you. Welcome to Mingle2 and good luck on your search. :)

Rasmus916's photo
Fri 08/31/12 01:33 AM
This does come with a grain of salt, fair warning, but the most successful relationships I have ever had came from me asking her to attend my church as the first date, and the second date, me attending her church. (keep in mind I am single at the moment, so that does speak enough for itself)

Rasmus916's photo
Fri 08/31/12 12:05 AM
Very nice, but bass guitars don't have 52 white keys and 36 black keys! :P

Rasmus916's photo
Wed 08/29/12 03:07 AM
Glad to see you are making the trip Krupa! Greetings from Sacramento as well!

Rasmus916's photo
Wed 08/29/12 01:16 AM

Rasmus, that must be a common thing for musicians to do :-) My husband did the same, 'cept he had an amazing voice lol. ((teasing ya)) I still have his old, ancient hymn book that he loved and took songs out of.Now my daughter sings too and takes lessons.

:P Well we are musicians, if we don't know how to rock out, we learned the wrong talent. That is awesome that your daughter takes out the old hymns and sings them!

For a while there I was leading our church youth band, the entire band was my students except for the singer and the one thing they loved to do more was play the old hymns and see if someone like me (who they still see as ancient at 29) can flip it to a style that their non christian friends can sit down and listen to while the whole time not changing it so much that the older folks don't recognize the song.

It was a true blessing to see two VERY diverse age groups who at my church had the hardest of times coming together musically come together to praise God, simply because of the music.

Rasmus916's photo
Tue 08/28/12 07:21 PM
Edited by Rasmus916 on Tue 08/28/12 07:24 PM
I may not be much of a singer myself, but one thing I love doing and many people I know enjoy is taking the old hymns we all know and love and then mixing it up a little musically speaking. Amazing Grace for example, I did a flip on the song and made it have a very soft reggae undertone instead of the straight forward way of playing it.

EDIT: I do try to have as much taste as possible, many bands I know take a song and crank the bpm's to about 220, throw in a distortion pedal to the guitar and say its better. I see it like this, if the heart is there to praise God and the music itself does not distract from worship, than you are on the right track. Too often however many musicians I know fall into the trap of just "rocking out" instead of praising God. (Myself included on the "rocking out" part.)

It is a short leash I firmly believe any musician must tie themselves to if they wish to praise God, but the rewards are so great IMHO.

Rasmus916's photo
Tue 08/28/12 07:18 PM
Oh I know, I take all advice I get into consideration and it is much appreciated. I figure I will ride this short and simple profile out for a short bit to see how that wave rides and make adjustments in due time. Thank you again though :)

Rasmus916's photo
Tue 08/28/12 02:44 PM
I know it is me being strange and the way I was raised, but getting grilled on 30 questions a minute never really bothered me. If I was on a first date and this interview began, I don't think I would have too much of a concern. I see it like this, maybe she was burned hard in the past and is only trying to take precautionary steps before date #2 came about ya know? My only big concern is that if she is doing a drill like this, is it because she is having trouble trusting guys? I personally believe you need to give me a reason to not trust you, not the other way around where I have to prove that I am trustworthy ya know?

Rasmus916's photo
Tue 08/28/12 02:32 PM
Thank you for the advice singmesweet! I did put the musician part up because a good 90% of the women I know refuse to date musicians. I figured it would be best to just simply throw that out there first, just for a fair heads up.
About God, well, I know that is "thinning the herd" by a great number, but I figure it is a good way to find the one. I am not looking for just any date ya know?

I honestly am not very picky when it comes to looks or anything like that, if a woman is a God fearing woman and understands that I am a musician and is not running for the hills after those two statements alone, I figure she has to be within the 5% of women on this planet who would be willing to tolerate me for longer than 12 minutes. :P

Rasmus916's photo
Tue 08/28/12 03:24 AM
Thank you kindly. :)

Rasmus916's photo
Tue 08/28/12 12:45 AM
Nothing against single mothers at all.

Rasmus916's photo
Mon 08/27/12 11:32 PM
A God fearing woman.
A woman who is there when the chips are down.
A woman who is honest and straight forward, who agrees with me that anything short of the whole truth is a lie, but at the same time knows how to trust me as much as I am going to trust her.

Rasmus916's photo
Mon 08/27/12 12:08 PM
Reading your profile alone, I honestly wish I lived in your neck of the woods. I honestly do not see any problem with your profile at all. :)

Rasmus916's photo
Mon 08/27/12 03:23 AM
I know it isn't much, but I figured I would try the short and simple profile instead of the two or three paragraphs I had written up. Yes I do know I do lack some close ups of me smiling, but like it says in the profile, I will upload them as I get them taken. Overall though, should I go back to a well thought out paragraph, or stick with short and simple?

Rasmus916's photo
Sun 08/26/12 04:37 PM
I was never born with a brain to mouth filter. Many people hate it, but those who understand that is who I am usually love hanging out with me and come to me for advice a lot more often than I would like. :P

Rasmus916's photo
Sat 08/25/12 04:55 AM
For me, it is so rare that I get mail or views or anything like that, I normally just look at the forums to see if there is anything that catches my eye, comment on those topics that I can, and well, 20 seconds has passed on mingle2 and I am stuck wondering what else to do for the rest of the morning. :P

Rasmus916's photo
Fri 08/24/12 03:44 AM
Hello and welcome :)

I may not have any ink on me, nor am I a rock god, but at least you got a long haired bassist being one of the first to welcome ya? :)

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 08/23/12 11:37 PM
Honestly the only regret I have is trying to prove I am not like the other guys my age in my town. After many mistakes made on my side by trying to prove (financially speaking) I learned that whoever the next "she" is simply should know who I am by how I act. I shouldn't have to prove I am not only trying to get into a girls pants. They should simply know that is the last thing on my mind if I am trying to catch their eye.

Rasmus916's photo
Thu 08/23/12 09:26 PM

Successful

(And no, I do not mean by getting into the girls pants, I am talking about landing a second date. :P)

Lol, I thought you were talking about a sugar mama...:wink:

I'll take what I can get! :P

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 23 24