Community > Posts By > SassyLady128

SassyLady128's photo
Sun 04/12/09 09:52 AM
A relationship with that big mileage gap is difficult to maintain, even if you knew each other very well. And she sounds like a player anyway. If she is seriously interested in the two guys courting her, why is she trying to hook up with you (and probably others too)? Why? Because she's a player, scoping out the potentials to see if she can do better for herself, while keeping you and everyone else on the back burner, just in case she can't find someone better. You really don't need that drama in your life. She did you a favor.

As for texting, why not just communicate through emails or phone? I don't text at all. And I don't chat on a messenger. I type 80 wpm (not bragging, just a fact) and have a busy day. I don't have time to sit around and wait for non-typists to slowly type back one liners. Email works for me because I can say so much and send off the email. And while the other person is pecking out his reply, I can get a lot of planting done in my gardens or get some bookkeeping and filing done. I hate wasting my precious time, so email is my preferred form of communication. I know it's not for everyone, but chatting and phoning can be so time-consuming. Of course, for the right person, I guess it would be worth it.

SassyLady128's photo
Sun 04/12/09 06:36 AM
What is life without love? Without love, life is nothing. But the key to love is to love yourself first. Those who don't truly love themselves cannot truly love and give themselves to another. They're always desperately seeking someone else to love them because they are deficient themselves. When you love yourself, others are attracted to you naturally.

what is life without happiness? Happiness comes from within. People who are truly happy can enjoy their lives, even in the tough times. They are grateful for everyday, every experience, every opportunity and lesson. Happy people can cope with unhappy moments and still find pleasure in life.

What is life without fun? Life without fun is dull. Fun keeps life interesting and keeps our inner child alive. It's this inner child that excites us, gives us our sense of adventure, and a hope for new beginnings.

what is life without nice moments? Nice moments are priceless and can be the simplest acts--a child picking flowers, watching butterflies mate, watching a sunset or streaks of lightening across the sky. But it's the trying moments that really help create our true character. How we handle stress and crises is more telling than how we watch a sunset.

SassyLady128's photo
Sun 04/12/09 06:26 AM
What are they hiding? Those bloodshot eyes from all that pot they were smoking. LOL

It annoys me to talk to people wearing sunglasses, especially the mirrored ones where I'm staring back at myself. I need to see people's eyes when I converse. As a courtesy, I always remove my sunglasses when I talk with someone.

I think some men wear them so they can check out a woman without her being aware where his eyes are wandering...or hovering.

SassyLady128's photo
Sun 04/12/09 06:21 AM
I'd stop and see if I could be of assistance too.

I stopped to help an older man in the rain once. His car wouldn't start and I asked if he needed a "jump". He informed me in an annoyed manner that he didn't have any jumper cables. I said, "Well, I do!" Ok, ok, he said, scowling at me. He sat in his car while I worked in the rain connecting the cables to our cars. When his started, I disconnected them and put them away. He shouted out his window, "Shut that hood!" When I shut his hood, he backed up and left without a word of thanks. I still think about that grumpy old man, and for some reason it makes me smile. The experience hasn't deterred me from helping others in similar situations.

SassyLady128's photo
Sun 04/12/09 06:13 AM

I always assume the ones the say "no games" or "no drama" are the ones most likely to start games and drama. Makes me skip right past their profile.

I can't believe how many men my age and older (45+) say it. As soon as I read it in their profiles, I get the feeling that they are immature and haven't learned much in half a century of living. Some of these profiles are so full of "what I hate, what I won't tolerate" and other negativity which have me clicking the "back" button too. I could just imagine what a first date with these guys would be like. :-(

SassyLady128's photo
Fri 04/10/09 07:26 PM
Don't believe everything you read. Computers lie! I was communicating with a fella on another site. Sent him mail three days ago, read his response yesterday and responded again. The site said he hadn't been contacted in over a week and perhaps I should send him a message. Huh? I know he was contacted at least twice this week. Do I not count?

SassyLady128's photo
Fri 04/10/09 02:08 PM
Booze and electronics just don't mix. :-)

SassyLady128's photo
Fri 04/10/09 10:00 AM
I have lots of hobbies, so I'm rarely bored. Inside I do oil painting, scrapbooking, reading, and researching anything that interests me. I also sell online for myself and other people, so that keeps me pretty busy scheduling appointments and showing merchandise.

I really prefer being outside though. So during warm months, like now, I spend almost all day outside, except for little breaks here and there to ease my back. I start each day off with a 3 mile walk. After that I'm working in my gardens, which encompass my entire yard. My gardens alone are a full-time job.

I am going to start volunteering again with Habitat for Humanity. You might consider finding a charitable outlet for your energies. It's very rewarding and you meet some of the best people in your community. It's also a great way to learn some new skills without having to pay for the education.

SassyLady128's photo
Fri 04/10/09 08:28 AM
Those "uncomfortable feelings" are your intuition telling you something isn't quite right. Your mind may not be able to pinpoint just what it is that isn't right, but your inner voice has it pegged. So go with your gut.

It sounds like the guy may have been a little clingy or needy, wanting more of you than you're willing to give at this time. Just like men don't like clingy, needy women, women don't always like clingy, needy men. He may have been in the early stages of control and manipulation and your intuition is telling you that. If that's what you're sensing, RUN! If you think he might just be a nice guy and you'd like to move slower, maybe you could set some boundaries.

SassyLady128's photo
Fri 04/10/09 08:21 AM
I usually dream about my garden projects. I actually come up with designs for new areas of my gardens in my dreams. I dream in color too, so it's really pretty cool--like flipping thru landscaping books in my head. I wake up energized and focused with a plan and am eager to get outside and make it a reality. I love dreams!

SassyLady128's photo
Fri 04/10/09 08:18 AM
As has already been mentioned, it sounds like your thermostat is broken. They're fairly simple to replace--just connecting some wires up according to a diagram. If you have a digital camera, snap a pic of the wires that are connected to your current thermostat before you disconnect them so you can reconnect them if you find out it's not the thermostat.

In Aug, my AC suddenly became heat. My house was getting hotter and hotter no matter how low I turned the AC. After replacing the thermostat, my house went from 95 degrees to 72 degrees in a couple of hours. Boy was I relieved! It was an easy, cheap fix. I hope yours is too.

SassyLady128's photo
Fri 04/10/09 08:10 AM
I'm greedy and impatient. I want it all and I want it all right NOW! So I stuff the whole thing in my mouth and devour it. Not a drop of the delectible succulence spills out!

Rara777, I know what you're thinking, but don't say it! Just go back to your corner, hon.frustrated

SassyLady128's photo
Thu 04/09/09 06:56 PM
I'm productive alone and in a relationship. My accomplishments and goals are a bit different when I'm in a relationship. But I'm happiest when I'm productive. Alone, I accomplish a lot of my own goals and projects. In a relationship, I focus more on "us" and "our" goals as a couple. And I like to choose goal-oriented men with a lot of energy and stamina--someone who can make love most of the night and still get up early and dig in the garden with me all day. Who needs sleep?? We'll get enough rest when we die. LOL

SassyLady128's photo
Thu 04/09/09 06:51 PM
That's strange that she'd go out with you instead of being honest from the start and saying, "I'm sorry, but I'm in a committed relationship." But maybe she wasn't "committed" to the relationship and was just checking to see what else is out there. Kind of deceptive in my opinion. But some people are just that way. At least now you know she's not the one for you and she didn't waste too much of your time.

SassyLady128's photo
Thu 04/09/09 06:35 PM
Him: How do you like your eggs, baby?
Me: Unfertilized!

SassyLady128's photo
Thu 04/09/09 06:29 PM
I never did that either. I was a good little girl and did what mama told me.

But my son would have a few stories to tell! He snuck out so many times that he broke several of the screens on the windows throughout the house. I caught him a few times, but he proudly boasts that I didn't catch him EVERY time.

One night I got up to find his window open and him gone. I shut and locked the window and went back to bed. He slept on the porch with the mosquitoes that night! Did it stop him? Nope!

Come to find out, he was sneaking out to hang out with some friends in a band. Now he lives in Ireland and is becoming a famous musician there. So he thinks his sneaking out was justified. LOL

SassyLady128's photo
Wed 04/08/09 02:19 PM
Another thing to consider when buying a camera is batteries. I find that AA batteries just don't last long for me. So I looked for a camera that would use a rechargeable lithium/ion battery as well. The kodak will use the standard AA batteries. But a special rechargeable battery was also made for it and it powers the camera longer, which is great when I'm photographing a wedding. The special battery is cheap too, like $3 or $4 on Ebay. I've recharged the same battery many times and never use regular AA batteries.

SassyLady128's photo
Wed 04/08/09 02:12 PM
I have a Kodak Easyshare Z650, which I love. One of the great things about it is I could buy different lenses to attach to it. So I can do some unusual shots and trick photography with the various lenses.

I take a lot of pictures of my flowers and butterflies. So I needed a camera with some good zoom. This one has 10X optical zoom as well as some digital zoom too. So I can get some great shots without disturbing the critters.

It also does videos, which is nice to have.

I got it on Ebay with some accessories for less than $200. And I love it. I still have my Canon Powershot, which is also nice. But I keep it to loan to family members who are too cheap to buy their own. But they never to get to borrow my Kodak. I've very selfish with it. LOL

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 04/07/09 04:56 PM
Never let one person force you to change who you are for the worst. You give her too much power if you do. It's always best to be honest; you weed out the ones that are not right for you. You want the RIGHT one and obviously she isn't it. So you only wasted a month, no big deal. At least now you've narrowed down the list of possibilities by one. Just shrug it off and go on and be you. The RIGHT one will appreciate you for it.

SassyLady128's photo
Mon 04/06/09 04:35 PM
I think animals are people reincarnated. Some of them are just so smart and humanlike.

We had a himalayan, Khi Khi. My young son loved her but he was sometimes a bit rough with her. So she'd get even...later. She slept with him every night. And if she felt he was mean to her that day, she exacted her revenge when he was deeply asleep. She'd bite him on the nose and jump off the bed before he could react. He hated being awakened like that, but every night when he went to bed, he allowed her in the bed with him. I've always thought Khi Khi's revenge was funny. I am reminded of the quote, "You gotta sleep sometime."