Community > Posts By > SassyLady128

SassyLady128's photo
Sun 03/29/09 03:24 PM
I'm glad you asked this question. I've been emailing a fellow who wants me to call him. But I was a little nervous about revealing my phone number. The guy isn't very talkative in emails. I figure he just doesn't type as fast as I do, so he wants to talk by phone instead. I honestly know very little about him, and if he has my phone number, he can get my address. Thank you for asking this question, so now I can call him fearlessly.

SassyLady128's photo
Sun 03/29/09 03:19 PM
Edited by SassyLady128 on Sun 03/29/09 03:20 PM
Reddbeans, he said you weren't classy because he himself has no class; therefore he can't recognize the quality in others. He's a moron who didn't realize he was among the "classy" in your presence. And he was definitely not classy by trying to insult you. Write him off; you deserve much better, classier friends.

SassyLady128's photo
Sun 03/29/09 03:13 PM
Some piercings are just ugly on anyone. A couple of ear piercings and a belly button ring are kinda cute on most women. On men, not so much. NOBODY looks good with facial piercings, honest! Eyebrow rings are about the ugliest things I've ever seen. Eeeeeewwwww!

SassyLady128's photo
Mon 03/23/09 08:00 PM
One winter, I was struggling to pay my bills, working overtime, raising my son alone. I was dating a man who lived 2 hrs away. He knew I couldn't afford wood for my woodburning stove. So he cut down a big tree, cut up the wood, loaded his Toyota truck full, and drove 2 hrs to bring it to me. I was in the kitchen doing dishes when I heard some thumping outside. I opened the door to see him stacking up the wood, trying to be quiet, wanting to surprise me when he finished the job.

I was so touched that he went thru all that physical labor and driving time to do something so nice for me. Yes, it brought tears to my eyes, and I helped him finish stacking the wood so I could get right to showing him the full extent of my appreciation. :-)

SassyLady128's photo
Mon 03/23/09 04:43 PM

someone like you, or someone to balance out what you lack?

I want BOTH. I'm greedy! I want someone who is enough like me that we have things in common. But I want someone who is different enough to teach me things and introduce me to sides of myself I didn't know, hidden talents, etc. But for me, it would begin with some common interests and beliefs.

SassyLady128's photo
Mon 03/23/09 04:39 PM
You DO have a job and you're not getting paid for it. You cook and clean and care for him other ways. As long as you do those things well and he's happy, you've done your job. Make time for him and make it special for you both while you grow your relationship. Then whether or not you have a job will be irrelevant. The economy sucks right now, so getting a job won't be easy. But if you need a job to feel productive, then keep an eye out for one. In the meantime, if money is tight for y'all, try to be thrifty and make his money stretch. He'll appreciate it and admire your thriftiness and dedication.

SassyLady128's photo
Mon 03/23/09 04:11 PM
I say legalize it. If alcohol and nicotine can be legal, why not the "herb"? IMO, a drunk person is more dangerous than a pothead. How many people are killed by potheads every year?? Is there a "Mothers Against Potheads"? I personally don't smoke it, but if some people want it to mellow out, how is it really worse than a beer?

I also think that much of its appeal to the younger crowd is that it's forbidden. People get high just from the thrill of sneaking around the law. Some of its appeal would be lost if it were legal.

Most of the pot users I know or knew were never interested in doing harder drugs. They just like to chill with a joint now and then, just as many of the beer consumers I know just like to have a beer or two after work. The simple truth is some folks are going to abuse everything they touch while others have self-control.

Legalize and tax it and quit raising my taxes.

SassyLady128's photo
Mon 03/23/09 03:57 PM
Some people lose their nerve when it comes to talking on the phone or meeting in person. It may not have anything to do with you but rather the other person's own insecurities. Most of us fear rejection; some worse than others. And taking that next step (phone conversation) may be more frightening than the guy anticipated when he asked for your number.

SassyLady128's photo
Sun 03/22/09 11:49 AM
I have to admit, I enjoy written conversation. The purpose of meeting here, for me, is to get to know someone and see if we have anything in common. I'm not giving up my email address, phone number or address until I feel some sort of connection here first.

If you'll notice, my profile is kinda wordy. A few folks have commented on it, and I don't think they were pleased. But several others have said that they really enjoyed it in comparison to the brief profiles they usually encounter. My emails are also conversational. After all, that IS why I came here--to communicate.

I find brief profiles and one-line emails to be annoying. It's like pulling teeth trying to find out if there is any connection with the other person. I don't need to know intimate details and secrets. But the general Q & A (what do you do for a living, how many kids, what do you like to do, etc) can be revealing. How someone communicates here determines whether or not they get my phone number.

SassyLady128's photo
Sun 03/22/09 11:34 AM
I would first advise that you lighten up--in life and in your profile. You do seem to focus on the negative. That probably comes from unsuccessful relationships and past hurts. But all that is in the past...unless you keep bringing it into the present. Focus on the positives.

In your profile, take out your disclaimer. Any man in his right mind is going to hit the back button when he sees a woman start off *itching. Be charming, witty, humorous, as your profile says you are. Don't talk about it; show it in your writing. Your profile is your advertisement. Sell yourself.

Don't take life or love so seriously. Your profile isn't the place for it; it's a place really to just briefly introduce yourself, what you enjoy in life, what great qualities you have, something to get a conversation started. Get a first date, a second date, weeks of dating, before you get to your serious expectations. Just enjoy the ride.

The right one for you is out there somewhere, but are you the right one for him? Dump the negativity and lower your expectations somewhat so you'll be the right one when your right one comes along.

Until then, just enjoy dating and hanging out with different kinds of people. We can learn something about ourselves and the world around us through anyone we encounter, whether good or bad.

SassyLady128's photo
Sun 03/22/09 11:17 AM
Ooops, Debbie, I was one of those people. Only males within 150 miles of me could message me. I changed it to anyone anywhere.

SassyLady128's photo
Sun 03/22/09 11:13 AM
They may not even know they have their settings are set that way. Or maybe they don't want lesbians contacting them. Some people are pretty homophobic.

Now I've got to go check my settings and see what I've done. I'm new here and don't know my way around yet. I can use all the help I can get. :-)

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next