Community > Posts By > SassyLady128

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 06/02/09 12:16 PM
I prefer to work with men. Men are so basic; what you see is what you get. The women I've worked with were pretentious and backstabbing. Maybe they're not that way everywhere, but in all the places I've worked with women, there was such jealousy and gossip, like junior high school kids. I'm not a girly girl, so I don't care who has the most expensive tennis bracelet or who pays the most for their frosted hair.

I worked with one silly lady who was actually crying one day because another coworker had bought the same dress she just bought, so now she couldn't wear hers to work because they'd be "twins". When I worked in construction, we all wore blue jeans, tshirts, and workboots, and no one cried because we all dressed the same.

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 06/02/09 12:06 PM
I haven't been sky diving but I would like to someday. I'd also like to try bungi jumping and deep sea diving. I have a long list of things I'd like to do before I die. Sure, I might get hurt, get a broken bone or two. But you can break a bone just walking out of your house or driving down the road in your car. Living the safe life doesn't necessarily keep you safe. Living life with gusto is what makes it worth living.

SassyLady128's photo
Mon 06/01/09 04:36 PM
I've been a caregiver to my mom for over 8 years now. It's been very trying and stressful for me, as we never got along. She's always been very critical and hard to please, and now is no different. Of course some days are worse than others. And I've learned to ignore a lot. Then other days, I just go to my room and cry. I do have to keep reminding myself that I would have felt guilty had I not assumed this role, and that somehow it's going to make my life better...somehow.

I do get relief every other weekend. My older brother lives next door, so he takes over her care on alternate weekends and for a whole week during the year so I can take a much needed vacation.

Alexis, I urge you to find a relief caregiver, even if it's just for a few hours. You need time away, time to relax, time to rejuvinate. Talk to you local senior citizen center and ask them for suggestions. They might be able to refer you to a program just for people in your situation. Do you have a cousin or an uncle or aunt who could relieve you for an afternoon or even a whole day? If not, you might consider hiring someone you trust to sit with her for a while. You need some relief. If you get burned out, then you're no good to her or you. You need "time off", as everyone done. Caregiving is a much harder job than 2 full-time jobs. I miss working 60 hours a week; it was a walk in the park compared to this.

SassyLady128's photo
Mon 06/01/09 06:01 AM

You're a smart good looking girl. You have no need to feel selfconsious about anything.

ive heard that before..

i wish i could change my mind..by just being told that..

i wish it were that easy..

uhggggg frustrating

You are your own worst critic. You seriously need to quit the inner dialogue that tells you you aren't pretty enough, smart enough, good enough, etc. And yes, it's THAT easy.

Anytime you start thinking along the lines, STOP. Just stop it immediately. Why beat yourself up? The world will do it for you. You don't need to be your own enemy.

Anytime that negative inner voices comes into play, cancel it with something positive. Say to yourself, "Yes, I am pretty" or "I have beautiful eyes (or lips, legs, whatever fits)." You've got to start singing your own praises to yourself. Take a long look in the mirror and see what you LIKE about yourself. Make a list of all the good things you've done, the things that make you unique, the good things people say about you.

Your boyfriend obviously saw these wonderful things in you and you let him get away. You might try reconnecting with him, explaining how you felt, and asking him to help you think more positively about yourself. You only hurt yourself with the negativity, so why do that to yourself?

SassyLady128's photo
Mon 06/01/09 05:51 AM
Everyone gets homesick and that sounds like what you're going thru. There's an adjustment period anytime you relocate.

It also sounds like you're just unsatisfied with your life, so it makes no difference whether you're in OH or in NJ. You have to be happy with yourself, and until you are, you won't be happy anywhere or with anyone.

Also, I think you're relying on Randy to make you happy. You yourself are responsible for your happiness and no one else. Happiness comes from within you, whether you have a guy or not, whether you live in OH or not.

Motown had some great advice. You have some serious soul-searching to do. We've all been there at one time or another. It's not easy, but it's necessary for your future. Good luck to you.

SassyLady128's photo
Sun 05/31/09 06:52 PM
I keep my house fairly neat and clean most of the time anyway so there's no rushing around trying to impress. But I'd probably have to sweep up the hair balls from my big hairy beast. And I'd burn some scented candles. I might even have some dinner ready if he's been working long and hard and doesn't feel like going out.

At all times, I try to keep my house clean. That's just how I like it. Friends can drop by and I'm never embarrassed to have them come in and "set a spell". My minivan is always clean and ready for a road trip as well. Likewise, I try to keep myself clean and ready for company. I fix my hair and put on my makeup each morning, before I do anything else. I've always been this way. So when I date, there is no pretense. What he sees is what he gets--today and a year from now.

SassyLady128's photo
Wed 05/27/09 08:50 AM

Today was the vote to see if we can overturn prop 8's passing, did we take a step forward and stop this hateful proposition from going forward? No we did not. I'm not angry but rather hurt that people can sit there and think that gay marriage is unholy and morally wrong.

Since ignorant people can sit there and say that gay marriage is repulsive and offensive I'm done biting my tongue.

Tonight I watched the news and there was a black preacher who sat there and said "we have many black families that are broken. Children growing up without fathers and this would be wrong, it would affect the black community even more."

For the first time ever I gave religion the middle finger. This preacher who is supposed to preach about love and God sat there and focused on the black community not basic human rights.

Blacks didn't have rights, and neither did women but for a minority to sit there and say this is such a leap backwards.

How would you feel if you couldn't marry because you're significant other were a different race? Had a mental disability? Or because they had blue eyes?

These are all based on genetics things we are born with and are engraved into us.

So for someone to sit there and take away basic rights from US Citizens is wrong, unethical and so hypocritical.

Double Standards suck and so do the people who apply them.

Since I'm focusing on hypocrites and all this nonsense might as well bring up Obama's victory ( OH YES I"M TAKING IT THERE) I voted for the guy, hell I even campaigned.

When he won I was thrilled because we needed change and I don't mean race wise. I was a Hillary supporter but Obama was the lesser of two evils. I didn't care that Obama was half black and I never saw his color of skin, so when black people sat there and said "This is a victory for us blacks, don't try to take it away" it outraged me because it wasn't a victory for blacks, it was a victory for people who wanted change, who saw eye to eye with Obama, it was a victory for people who believed in Obama.

His color of skin was never a factor or a plus for me. I listened to him speak I saw where he stood on topics and I respected him.

When we all stop focusing on color, that's when racism will end. This includes minorities implying that their color of skin is a benefit or on the contrary.

When we can live our lives and not judge, criticize, blame, or put others down that's when we will be able to live in real equality.

The bible was written by man, translated by man and who knows what it really said.
I believe religion is to keep people in control. You may disagree and you are entitled to your opinion.

I'm not religious, but I never knock down or mock religion because I understand we all need something to believe in.

To make this short all I'm trying to say is life your life and be happy, don't let society's ignorance and people who are angry bring you down.

Every civil movement has had obstacles that had to be broken down. Fight the good fight and don't let people's ignorance fill your heart with hate, instead show them the beauty that is in you.

Because if you have the capability to love someone regardless of what people think or say, chances are you have a beautiful soul and don't let anyone taint that.

THIS FIGHT IS NOT OVER MY FRIENDS WE WILL PREVAIL AND BE ABLE TO SAY "I DO", NEVER GIVE UP. MAY YOU BE BLESSED AND LIVE A HAPPY AND FULFILLING LIFE <3

All thru time, people have needed someone to hate, someone to oppose. It's just human nature. The marriage issue for gays is just the latest issue. The abortion issue is still in debate after all these years, and I personally think abortion should be an individual choice. If you don't want to do it, fine; but I decide what happens to my own body, and no one else should. I feel the same about gay marriage. I'm not gay so the issue really doesn't affect me. But I do think if two men or two women want to commit their lives to each other, why not? It won't impact my life; live and let live.

I never understand why anyone opposes love between two adults, whether heterosexual, homosexual or interracial. Love is love. Maybe those who are focused on hating just can't see that.

Gay marriage is a civil right, and in time, it will become legal, I have no doubt. Times are changing and there's always large groups who resist change, but it's inevitable, as history has proven. Keep fighting the fight. Keep letting your voice be heard. When the issue comes up for vote in my area, I'll vote for gay marriage.

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 05/26/09 04:02 PM
Chest hair is sooooo sexy! Naked chests can be nice too, but I really prefer a little fur to tickle my nose in. I suppose I equate it with manliness since my father and brothers have chest hair.

Now, back hair grosses me out. Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone. It's just a preference. A friend of mine is married to a man with lots of back hair and she loves it. He's her "fur baby" she says.

SassyLady128's photo
Thu 05/21/09 08:15 AM
Craigslist is no different from any other venue. You get some wierdoes, but you can meet some great people too. I used to sell everything on Ebay, but I quit last year after all their insane changes and fee hikes. I've been selling it all on Craigslist since then with great success. I've done so well that my brother now has me selling all his stuff. Of course I charge a nice commission, but I do all the work. We've gotten some great prices for stuff we might have just hauled to the landfill just to get it out of here.

I don't put my phone number on Craigslist anymore. Some jerk kept calling to tell me to quit listing on HIS Craigslist when I was trying to sell my laptop. He claimed it was a piece of crap (altho he had never seen it) and I'd be lucky to get $50 for it. I sold it a couple weeks later for $300.

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 05/19/09 06:48 PM
I'm too inquisitive for my own good and it may get me into trouble. I've never been tasered, but I recently bought a stun gun to carry with me when I walk at the park. There are some real crazies out there, and I've encountered a few. So now I've armed myself. BUT how do I know this thing really works? I'm tempted to have a friend zap me with it so I can see from personal experience what it feels like and how long it lasts. Tempted, but not quite brave enough (or stupid enough) to actually try it...yet. How bad can it be?? How many drinks will it take to get to the answer to that question? drinks

SassyLady128's photo
Sat 05/02/09 06:17 PM
Impatience. Everyone needs to get off the roads and out of my way at Walmart and let me get my errands done. Just get out of the way, all you slow pokes! Yes, gramps, I'm talking to you, doing 30 mph in a 55 mph zone. Move it!!!! Wasting time waiting around just drives me nuts!

SassyLady128's photo
Sat 05/02/09 06:11 PM
Racism is flying high in my area unfortunately. White women who date black men are often seen as "white trash". I hate racism. I've always enjoyed men from other cultures. My ex-husband is Iranian and one of the sexiest guys I ever dated. However, my family viewed me as trash, dating beneath myself out of rebellion, etc. It caused a lot of stress and distance. And after some time, it was just easier to "go caucasian". However, I'm a big girl now and I make my own decisions, so I'll date whomever I choose and my family can like it or not.

As for why I don't date black men, well, frankly most of them I've seen are just not my type. But if Shemar Moore (actor from Criminal Minds) ever asked me out, mmmmmmmmm, I'd say yes before he could finish the question. Beautiful skin, superb bod and the sexiest bedroom eyes! He also seems intelligent and gentle. Nice qualities in a guy!

SassyLady128's photo
Sat 05/02/09 05:54 PM
I think some people are more in tune with their souls and hearts, and when they see their soulmate, they know instantly.

SassyLady128's photo
Sat 05/02/09 02:18 PM
Anywhere you live, there's going to be something you won't like about it. Me, I'd love to live in FL. Visited a few times and never experienced big bugs. I'm in Arkansas, mosquito capital. My state of preference would be Texas. I have always felt, since I was teenager, that I was destined to be a Texan, and I'm sure someday I will be. Like you, I wouldn't live in a big city, but I'd like to live close enough to a big city that I could still run to Walmart in 30 minutes.

SassyLady128's photo
Sat 05/02/09 02:13 PM
Sure, I could serious with him...if he'd seriously consider changing his diet. Gas is caused by certain foods and a lack of certain enzymes. Changing what he eats/drinks could stop the gas problem. And then there's "Beano" and there'll be no gas.

SassyLady128's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:46 AM
Paisley, I've run into the same issue. The profile is meant to be an introduction, a conversation starter, a chance to see if we have anything in common. If a guy doesn't take the time to complete his profile, I don't bother with him. If he truly wants to get a date here, he'd make the effort, right? If he can't be bothered to write an attractive blurb to start some conversation, he's probably too lazy to keep up a relationship, IMO. The profile is his chance to "sell" himself; if he's not going to take the opportunity, why is he here? Makes no sense to me. This is an ONLINE dating site, so obviously communication must be in writing.

Likewise, I don't understand not adding a pic to your profile if you're seriously looking to get a date. For most of us, there has to be a physical attraction to get us interested. A guy could be the best catch on the planet, but without a photo and an introduction, we'll never know.

SassyLady128's photo
Wed 04/29/09 05:12 PM
Yes and we dated for over a year. I still remember him as "the love of my life". I actually fell in love with him at first sight at a friend's family gathering. I nudged her and asked who that man with the beautiful green eyes was. She said he was her brother-in-law, married to her sister. I said, "Well, if he's ever NOT your brother-in-law, PLEASE let me know." A few later, he was divorced and she told him what I said. He called me and we went out on his birthday. Oooooh la la, what a birthday it was!

SassyLady128's photo
Wed 04/29/09 05:09 PM
I've met lots of folks from online over the years. I was in some gardening groups online for a while. We drove across several states to gather for garden parties or "plant poaching expeditions" (hunting down plants at nurseries all over the south). I've only met a couple of psychos, but I met 100's of wonderful people. I also do freecycle, Craigslist, and other local online sales sites and have met many wonderful people. I currently joined a hiking group and will meet up with other hikers in the region soon.

Online and in real life, you just have to trust your instincts and take precautions. Anyone you meet up with anywhere could be a killer. I'm in Jonesboro, Ark, where two 11 & 12 yr old local boys shot 15 teachers and students at Westside school. Who could have expected these two children to be killers?

At least if there is online communication, there's a paper trail which may help solve a crime. You don't always get that in real life.

SassyLady128's photo
Wed 04/29/09 05:01 PM
Got so "high" that my body went completely numb--couldn't feel a thing. Ruined a very special evening for us. frustrated I don't do that anymore.

SassyLady128's photo
Wed 04/29/09 04:58 PM
Not unreasonable. Would be a requirement with me I think. If we're in a committed relationship, we would have each other and local friends. We really wouldn't need to be browsing dating sites now would we? I would find it offensive to catch him checking out "local matches"--as if he is looking to see if he can get something better. If he still needs the dating sites, he doesn't need me.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8