Community > Posts By > SassyLady128

SassyLady128's photo
Wed 04/15/09 07:19 AM
I nudge. A nudge just says "Hey, I notice you." If they nudge me back, it means they're interested. Then I nudge again by blowing a kiss, which says, "I noticed you noticing me." That usually leads to a conversation.

A nudge is an easy way to say hi without any expectations or rejections. They can respond or ignore and nobody gets hurt feelings. A nudge is flattering.

SassyLady128's photo
Wed 04/15/09 07:13 AM
Because I'm so darned lovable of course! I mean, just look <------- What's not to love??? pitchfork

SassyLady128's photo
Wed 04/15/09 07:11 AM
Phuque, a memory stone is so imaginative! I never thought of that!

Years ago when we built a sidewalk around the house, while the cement was wet, I had Sam put his paw prints in it. One day, that's all that will be left of him.

begeorge, that's so funny about the retarded cat! rofl

SassyLady128's photo
Wed 04/15/09 06:51 AM
Edited by SassyLady128 on Wed 04/15/09 06:56 AM
Oooops, I'm sorry my pic is so big. I've resized it twice in Photobucket. There it's only 500 x 300 pixels. But here it still shows up as the original size, despite editing the link. If it bothers someone, I can remove the pic completely.

Edited to say: Ahhhh, there we go! It helps to actually SAVE the resized picture. Ha!

SassyLady128's photo
Wed 04/15/09 06:46 AM
Edited by SassyLady128 on Wed 04/15/09 06:54 AM
Yes, I had a beautiful calico cat who followed me around like a puppy. Her name was Tori (Queen Victoria). Anytime I was on the computer, so was she--sitting on top of the monitor "surfing" right along with me. She got into something toxic in our neighborhood. The vet didn't know what it was but he suggested I euthanize her. She had gone blind immediately and had stopped eating. I couldn't say goodbye yet. So he suggested I tried to feed her with a syringe. I did for several days, but she just couldn't eat enough and she got weaker and weaker. It broke my heart to euthanize her, but she let me know, in her own way, that it was ok. She's buried in my gardens under some cannas she loved to sleep under.

My Sam (a samoyed) is 11 yrs old. I'm already dreading saying goodbye to him. Losing him will be like losing a husband I think. I've already thought about it and the day after I bury him, I'll be at the animal shelter looking for another dog. No one will replace him, but some furry creature will help ease the ache.

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 04/14/09 07:47 PM
I wouldn't rule out an ethnicity. But I'd rule out a man if I couldn't be attracted to him. I mean, we could be friends of course. But if there's no physical attraction, I wouldn't date him. For instance, I don't find men with red or blonde hair attractive. So I probably wouldn't date an Irishman or a Swede. BUT one may come along that I am very attracted to despite the red or blonde hair. In that case, I'd go for it.

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 04/14/09 07:42 PM
Which look? His look in the beginning that said, "Oh God, here's another wannabe I have to sit thru" or the look later of admiration and wonderment? Side-by-side, they're priceless.

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 04/14/09 07:39 PM
As far as religion, I try to stay away from religious zealots who spout a lot and try to convert me. I prefer free-thinkers.

Ethnicity doesn't matter much to me as far as friendship. In fact, I love different cultures, and I myself am a mix of a few. When it comes to dating, I have to admit, I'm a bit more discriminatory. There are just certain types I'm attracted to and certain others I'm not. It's more of a physical attraction issue than actual discrimination.

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 04/14/09 07:17 PM
Before I could curse idiotic cell phone drivers, I cursed idiotic makeup-applying drivers and smoking drivers. Why is it that people don't realize the responsibility of driving? I've seen smokers driving with no hands because they have a coke in one hand and a cig in the other. And I've nearly been hit head-on by a driver on a cell phone on more than one occasion.

Why is that cell phone users in a restaurant must talk louder on the phone than they do with their table mates. Do they think I'm interested in their conversation?

And since when did people have a NEED to talk, talk, talk about nothing in particular? One friend talked on the phone to her daughter about 20 times a day. And the daughter lived right across the street from her; it wasn't like they never saw each other.noway

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 04/14/09 07:10 PM
That was incredible! The way she talked, I was expecting to hear the worst thing I'd ever heard. But she totally surprised everyone. I love that the whole audience stood up for her.

And Simon, what a liar! I saw that look on his face when she was introducing herself. He too was expecting her to be awful.

I do hope someone plucks her eyebrows before her next performance though. LOL

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 04/14/09 06:59 PM
I'm me. I'm just a better behaved, tamer me--the me that I'd like to be all the time, but eventually my wild side shines.

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 04/14/09 03:46 PM
The thing about emergencies is they often pop up just when you least expect them. For this reason I carry a cell phone--a pay as you go phone, so I don't have a monthly bill. I only turn the phone on when I travel and when I do my morning walks. It's for MY use and I don't give my number out to non-crucial individuals. I don't like chatting on phones so most people who know me just drop by to talk; they don't call me. I honestly don't remember the last time I talked on my cell phone. It was probably to ask someone directions to their location.

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 04/14/09 02:03 PM
Once in a while, you just need to give in and have good cry. Watch a sad movie and ball your eyes out. Sometimes your soul just needs a good cleansing cry.

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 04/14/09 01:54 PM
I love to live. I love my life. I think you must love your life before you can find someone else who'll want to share it with you. Someday I'll find someone else who loves life as much as I do and we'll love to live it together.

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 04/14/09 12:48 PM
I strap on my MP3 player and explore the trails with my best bud, Sam. There's nothing like seeing his big white, hairy behind sashaying in front of me to put me in the right mood. :thumbsup:

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 04/14/09 12:43 PM
Learn to enjoy your own company. Take this time to learn a new hobby. You have kids, so I'd recommend scrapbooking. It's a great way to preserve all those memories to pass down to your kids someday. I made my son a scrapbook of his first 18 yrs and gave it to him on his graduation day. He loved it. Later he showed it to his future wife, and she loved seeing him thru the years. One day, he'll pass it down to his son.

Gardening is also a great hobby that you can do at home with the kids all by yourself. And it's very rewarding. You can even grow your own food. And meet other gardeners in the area. Many will be older than you and may have single sons to introduce you to.

Volunteer with your local Habitat for Humanity. Some of the best men do. Volunteer with an animal shelter. Join a club in a field you're interested. Take a college course or just hang out at the library. Go to a local seminar or workshop on something you're interested.

If all else fails, just stand in the meat dept at Walmart. Single men end up there frequently. rofl

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 04/14/09 10:21 AM
I haven't started any threads yet. But I seem to have killed a few. Maybe I'm too wordy...or maybe I just have to have the last word?

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 04/14/09 10:03 AM
The toilet seat is always down

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 04/14/09 09:58 AM
I have to say getting older doesn't scare me. A few years ago, I nearly died. So NOT getting older scares me. At 45, my life is the best it's ever been. I have older friends who are having the times of their lives. An 80 yr old friend is still an aerobics instructor. Nothing stops her! Age is attitude and I plan to live to be a young 113 years. It will take me at least that long to accomplish all the things on my bucket list.

SassyLady128's photo
Tue 04/14/09 09:44 AM
Not yet, since I'm new here. But I probably will since I'm so outspoken, so I apologize in advance oops