Community > Posts By > dust4fun

dust4fun's photo
Sun 01/15/23 06:04 PM
Edited by dust4fun on Sun 01/15/23 06:14 PM
Is anybody else confused?

First she post that everybody should bury their head in the sand, lock yourself in your safe room, and make sure everybody receives a partition medal. Then her next post is all human kind is doomed, the world has been filled with micro plastic and reproduction is not going to exist in the near future.
First off let's all realize how useless human life is in the first place. If all humans were wiped out the earth would be a much better place for all the plants and animals. Humans are extremely selfish and ungrateful, we could be doing so much more to protect this planet. Nature tends to have ways of balancing out things, things like diseases and disasters that control the population of species, however humans tend to interfer with nature's plan. So if it's true that sperm rates are rapidly dropping due to human inventions it sounds like karma to me. The biggest problem I can see with this is that the most advanced (domesticated) people will be wiped out first. Not sure how much pollution and toxins the people in the jungles of Africa deal with. It seems like everytime humans create ways to make life better there is a counter reaction to it. As stated in her other post maybe we all should just ignore these negative things that happen? Or maybe these "geniuses" can figure out how to fix these problems? However we would not want to bring any negativity into these "geniuses" lives.
Long story short is we have to take the good with the bad. Without low points in life we won't appreciate the high points. For every action there is a reaction. It's really more about our reactions instead of locking information out of our lives just because it may cause us a little stress.

dust4fun's photo
Fri 01/13/23 05:21 PM
People are afraid of inflation, but is actually a good thing. We have just been spoiled for too long and the current inflation rate is going up too fast for people to adjust for. When I went to school the government spent about $50k to put me thru K-12, now it's about $180k to put a child thru K-12. To put that in perspective if that child works for 50yrs they would have to pay $3600 a year in taxes just to pay for their school, that doesn't account for paying for any other things the government takes care of. Add to that the child tax credit of $3000 til that child is 17, that adds another $50k they owe, or $1000 a year during their working life. So along with that $4600 a year in taxes they also need to put money into social security for their retirement, plus pay the taxes for all the other things the government does, and then we should probably be thinking about paying down the national debt. Oh, and then they want everyone to pay for health insurance, so without inflation basically our entire paycheck and then some would have to go to pay off our taxes (debt). And if we account for those whom can not earn a living and pay taxes then that adds to it too. So when the government is spending trillions of dollars like it's nothing the only hope we have is that inflation will raise fast enough, and big enough to keep up pace. There was a lot of debt associated with World War 2, but we were able to pay that off for the most part. There is always going to be good times and bad times in any economy, but people have short memories and the hard times tend to stick out more then the good times, but so far we have made it this far thru the highs and lows. However when people get lazy and entitled it could all come crashing down.

dust4fun's photo
Thu 01/12/23 08:11 PM
The word "Entitlement" comes to mind. The poor think they are entitled to live like the middle class. The politicians think they are entitled to spend whatever they want and take kick backs from special interests. The middle class thinks just because they show up for a job they are entitled to a paycheck. The rich think they are entitled to take advantage of others and form monopolies. For the most part Americans are lazy and/or stupid, yet they think everything should be handed to them. Sometimes the key is to work harder, sometimes the key is to work smarter, sometimes the key is if you can't beat them then join them. Some foreigners come here and build businesses by putting in many hours just to make enough to survive and build toward the future. Many live in crowded houses with many people, they are willing to sacrifice. When you have two "middle class" people living in a 4000sq ft house that is considered "rich" to most of the world and some of the people of America. Most Americans don't realize how good they have it, or how good they could have it. For the most part our food is artificially low, tell me how you can buy a pineapple for $2 or bananas for $.50 a lb? Or hamburger for $5.00 a lb? You really don't want to know what goes on behind the scenes to make this happen, but it's what we have become accustomed to. Fuel and energy prices are also way lower then they could be. The thing we spend the most on is shelter, housing is relatively expensive. Healthcare is also outrageous, mostly because we have been brainwashed into hypochondriacs and over value human life. Drug companies, insurance companies, Dr.s, and hospitals all have taken advantage of the people and the government encourages it to continue. Regulations to protect the people can often hurt the rights of people too. As long as you have a roof over your head and food on your table you should be grateful, if not maybe you are the one who needs to make changes whether in your personal life, or changing the way things are run around you.

dust4fun's photo
Mon 01/02/23 09:03 AM

You can say what ever you want.

And you won't "accidentally" fall out a sixth floor window for saying it.

But people also have a right not to have to read it on a public forum if they don't want to.

Also with out having to worry about "accidentally" falling out of a window.

That is why the make off buttons. If you don’t like what you read, don’t read it. Very simple.

Going online is no different then going in public except that you cannot smell the other people. As in public you will come across rude, selfish, obnoxious people along with a few friendly respectable ones. You will see and hear things that you do not want to. It's up to the individual to know where it is safe to go, and how to ignore the things they do not like. Too many people take things way too personal, they also don't realize what they say or do may offend others too.
As far as people having "accidents" or just disappearing, I think it has happened in every country in the world. Has anybody seen Jimmy Hoffa lately? I'm sure there are plenty that people never hear about, and some fish are just too small, or big, to fry.

dust4fun's photo
Sun 01/01/23 08:34 PM

This is a little off topic but I think germane to some of the comments. My rule of thumb is if I meet a woman in public and we've established some chemistry than I'm asking her out on a date. If I meet her online and I ask her out then I'm inviting her for coffee. A lot of women online perceive that as being cheap and even put in their profiles "COFFEE IS NOT A DATE"

Really? Sounds like some try to skip the so called "meet & greet".
I'm with you on this. First time meeting is a coffee and not an incredibly long meet either. Then, if both wish to see each other again, you can do something different that also takes a bit longer.

If there is true chemistry involved the first date should last awhile and there should definitely not be any talk of being short, then hopefully the one night stand turns into a two night stand. It should be more about her place or his place then her paying or him paying.

dust4fun's photo
Sat 12/31/22 03:41 PM

Russian democracy? I thought they were communist.I feel sorry for those who live under Putin’s rule, the big bully.

Good thing you are not Russian because you might accidentally fall out a window for criticizing Putan.🤸

dust4fun's photo
Thu 12/29/22 07:48 PM

I also like catfight

The guy goes by the name "prisoner" so I assume the only catfights he is seeing are drag queens.
If I was in prison I would say "I like soap on a rope" long before I ever said "I like catfight"
B c'n U! 🤣

dust4fun's photo
Sat 12/24/22 08:48 AM

I couldnt get past wrapping balls/baubles without gigglesnorting. Dirty mind me. All the time. :angel: pitchfork waving
Stormy I bet you were picturing mingle men wrapped as candy sweeties :joy: I hope they remembered to manscape first :angel:

Look up "SNL d in a box" and Justin Timberlake will give you directions along with a catchy song.

dust4fun's photo
Sun 12/18/22 10:28 AM
Edited by dust4fun on Sun 12/18/22 10:29 AM
The government knows where I live, where I work, how much my house is worth, and how much I make. They tax me based on these things, they use that tax money to pay for everyone that works for the government, military, schools, roads, etc. They also use some of that money to give food, housing, and healthcare to those who can't afford it. When somebody is undocumented they have no idea where they live or how much they make. There is no way to know exactly how many of them are here, it's all a guess, and even when they do know the exist such as enrolling their children in our schools for the most part they are not tracked. I pay for my own healthcare, but anybody can show up at the ER and get healthcare, or have their child which is then automatically considered a US citizen. Some of these people work for cash, some use false documents, if I tried using false documents the government would come down on me hard. Others somehow apply for government assistance, and somehow they are not tracked either. If everybody in the country decided they took could go undocumented the government wouldn't have money to do anything with (well they would probably just print more of this imaginary money they like so much). Not all of these people crossed the boarder illegally, many people came here legally on Visa's but when the time on that ran out they chose not to return back to their country. They give Visa's for schooling and work, it's supposed to be a temporary thing, they can apply for citizenship while they are here but that can be very expensive and time consuming.
There are many migrant workers picking out fruits and vegetables and working in our meat packing plants, this keeps prices down but there is always a hidden cost we don't realize. Many also work in the service industries in the kitchens of restaurants, cleaning hotels and offices, or in construction. They send money back to their country which messes with our economy, they make less money which makes it harder for legal employees to get what they are worth.
It's not about stopping people from getting in, it's about controlling the number and type of people getting in, and keeping track of them like the government does with the legal citizens. Making a level playing field so that everybody carries their own weight. I would be OK with some kind of trade arrangements where we send some of our unwanted people in exchange for some people who want to come here and work. It seems only fair that the give and take balances out.

dust4fun's photo
Wed 12/14/22 05:29 PM
Washington state? Not the safest choice either. They have volcano's, and are due for a big earth quake, or tsunami.
During hurricane Ian there were roads and bridges that were washed out from the storm surge. If those can't withstand a a hurricane I don't see how any house could, of course we are just talking about a long the coast line and that's where a lot of the damage took place. Roads and bridges are very expensive, also the boats that washed on shore were very expensive, and unless you move your boat before the storm (hard to do when they were so far off on predictions) all you can do is hope for the best.
What we call "mobile homes" or "manufactured homes" generally get put on a lot and never move again. The newer ones have thicker walls and will stand up better then the old ones. They also run straps into the ground now to keep them anchored, but they do sit about 2 feet off the ground so it's easier for air to get under them, and makes them much more dangerous to be in during a tornado.
In most areas they are burying the power lines that are in the neighborhoods because it looks nicer and they don't need to trim the trees. But there are risks of digging or damage in other ways. From the transformer to your house is only 240 volts, the power lines before that are about 17,000 volts, and the great big ones that transfer it long distance can be 100,000 volts. So it may make sense to bury some lines, it could be very dangerous to bury others. The big power lines in California were responsible for some of the huge fires that burned entire towns. Once again it is risk and reward. How much it cost to do it right, verses how much it cost to fix something. Back in the day on big projects they would plan on losing a life for every $100,000 of work done, sometimes they did better, sometimes worse. But there has to be give and take. We could bury our houses to protect them from the wind, but when the floods come they would fill up like swimming pools.

dust4fun's photo
Tue 12/13/22 06:19 PM
Edited by dust4fun on Tue 12/13/22 06:28 PM

So you want to know the story of "The 3 little pigs"? Well the 1st pig built his house out of straw, the 2nd pig built his house out of sticks, and the 3rd pig built his house out of brick. The wolf came along to the 1st house and said open the door or I will huff, n puff, n blow the house down. He blew the 1st house down and that pig ran into the stick house. Again the wolf said I will huff, n puff,n blow the house down which he did. Those 2 pigs ran to the 3rd house made of brick. The wolf said I will huff, n puff, n blow this house down. He blew, n blew, til he was blue in the face and couldn't blow it down. So all the pigs lived happily ever after, or at least til something else killed them.

Hey dust, I wonder why them pigs weren’t living in some of them government built houses , they strong like bull…..

:thumbsup:
I can't remember a big storm hitting the ghetto besides hurricane Katrina hitting New Orleans, and never in my life did I hear such cry babies, they were like help us, give me, give me, give me. They sheltered them in temporary camping trailers and they were sueing over the formaldehyde levels in them, they don't know the meaning of temporary. Any other community gathers together to clean up and rebuild, but 10 years after the hurricane they were still crying that everything was done for them.
Back in the day the government built houses on reservations for the Indians and the would peel the siding off and burn it for heat which would soon destroy the whole house.
If people are not working towards something, or paying for it themselves they have no pride for it, no respect for it. All the government housing gets trashed and then they call up complaining expecting somebody else to fix what they broke.

Often times that is why things are built the way they are, people figure if anything goes wrong insurance will pay for it, why make it your own problem when you can make it somebody else's problem?

dust4fun's photo
Tue 12/13/22 06:01 PM
Cost is a big factor, also age, and the odds of it getting hit. When the twin towers in NY got hit by the airplanes hijacked by terrorist they didn't think they would fall, but the hit from the airplane combined with the burning jet fuel caused the "fire proofing" protecting the metal to be knocked lose and combine all the other burning debris cause the metal structure to melt enough to cause the collapse.
Building codes have changed a lot thru the years but not enough to guaranty that a building will not be lost, and it is not required that older houses be retrofit. The improvements are in anchoring them to the ground and putting metal strapping and braces in them. A brick or concrete house does stand up much better but there are still no guaranty and it can cost 2x, 3x or more to build these compared to a stick built house. Hurricanes are winds 75mph to 150mph sustained depending how strong the storm, but wind gusts can go even higher. But there is also damage caused by the storm surge on the coast along with very large amounts of rain that can move inland and can cause flooding. Water is very heavy and powerful and can cause a lot of damage. Often damage is caused by the blowing debris, if there was no debris the structures would have a much better chance. The good thing about hurricanes is there is warning because it's a slow developing system.

Tornados on the other hand pop up fast, many are narrow and only do damage 100ft wide or so, but others can be a mile wide. Much of the US is farm land or other open land so often the tornados don't hit any populated areas, but with more people the more likely it becomes for them to hit a house. Once again it is often the debris that causes the most damage, and it's spinning so it is really good at picking things up. Often times the tornado will lift a roof off even a brick building and the roof is designed to keep the walls from falling in, if one thing is damaged it can lead to failure to other parts.

What you call "caravans" are mobile homes or trailer houses built in a factory, not just travel trailers that people camp in, but actual homes people live in. These go down the road at up to 70mph moving from the factory to the home site, so yes they can stand up to a lot. Think about driving your car at 70mph, it can go much faster without any damage. But if you hit something going that fast it gets destroyed, that's why the debris is such a factor. A mobile home can be bought for less than $100k, a stick built home can be built for $150k+ plus the lot to put it on, a brick or concrete house is probably going to start at about $300k plus the lot but can go up very quickly from there. So you really have to force people to think about how they build and what the odds are for getting damage.

dust4fun's photo
Tue 12/13/22 05:24 PM
So you want to know the story of "The 3 little pigs"? Well the 1st pig built his house out of straw, the 2nd pig built his house out of sticks, and the 3rd pig built his house out of brick. The wolf came along to the 1st house and said open the door or I will huff, n puff, n blow the house down. He blew the 1st house down and that pig ran into the stick house. Again the wolf said I will huff, n puff,n blow the house down which he did. Those 2 pigs ran to the 3rd house made of brick. The wolf said I will huff, n puff, n blow this house down. He blew, n blew, til he was blue in the face and couldn't blow it down. So all the pigs lived happily ever after, or at least til something else killed them.

dust4fun's photo
Sun 12/11/22 04:54 PM
Edited by dust4fun on Sun 12/11/22 05:04 PM

it's only discrimination if their not w/straight/Christian but if they are no discrimination. i mean, how can I think otherwise? can anyone think of it happening otherwise?

They want "equal rights" along with some "special rights" to go along with them. Why are there special awards shows for black people?Why do they have the united negro college fund? What do they have affirmative action that says you have to hire a minority if they have the same or even less qualifications? Why do they have a minority clause in some contracts for public projects? Why do we have "gay bars" that cater to a select group?

The government discriminates based on age, they don't let people vote til they are 18 or over, they don't allow people to buy alcohol or tobacco or nicotine products til they are 21. And then there are 55+ communities that don't allow for younger people to live there. Isn't that discrimination? They used to have "ladies night" at bars, but most have stopped doing that because it was considered discrimination.

Should an airline be required to give somebody 2 seats for the price of 1 because the person weighs 450 lbs? Should a buffet be required to charge the same whether you are 100 lbs or 300lbs?

The problem is everyone wants a leg up, a little extra, equal doesn't always really mean equal.

What really gets me is when the president of the United States says he wants a woman of color for the vice president, then he says he will only nominate a black woman for the supreme court without even looking into other candidates. Isn't that the most discriminating thing to do is pick a specific sex and race without giving consideration to others?

dust4fun's photo
Fri 12/09/22 08:52 PM
I will use religion to explain once again. The Democrats and Republicans are like Muslims and Christians, yes there are plenty of other religions and beliefs, but those groups are so big it's hard for anybody else to gain control of the people. Independents, the green party, all the little parties out there don't have the power, the money, or the backers to gain ground. People are like sheep, they follow the flock, however I think people are starting to think more freely nowadays, and they get much more information. 100years ago people were happy to support the government, they were more patriotic, look at the support people gave during WW2. But now the government has screwed people over in so many ways that people no longer trust them, they have no respect for the people or the money the people supply them. It's natural for people to want to belong, as in belong to a group, like being Democrat or Republican, and the parties know this and try to pin us against each other in order to cause a conflict and make us choose a side. Things will get much worse before they ever get better. So to answer the question "Can't we all just get along?" the answer is "No" unless there are some major changes in the way things are done. Maybe the people should be voting directly for policy's
instead of voting for people that say they will do things and never come thru with their promises?

dust4fun's photo
Thu 12/08/22 07:28 PM
Edited by dust4fun on Thu 12/08/22 07:29 PM
It has to do with changing the rules as we go. Clearly we can't follow every rule that was made 250 years ago as it was ment to be as there has been so many dramatic changes in everything from technology, to the way people live, and what we believe in. The problem arises from who wants to change the rules, and why they want to change the rules, usually so that they have an advantage in some form. Religion which is almost as old as humans is also politics, telling people how to live, making rules. With all the knowledge that people have today it's hard to believe that people still follow what people made up thousands of years ago, but many do. It's all a game, it's all about control, getting the most people on your side enhances their control. So they sell people on ideas, brain wash them, do whatever it takes to try and gain an edge.

dust4fun's photo
Thu 12/08/22 05:16 PM
If I am making Jesus fish stickers I am not going to switch things over just because you want a rainbow sticker.

Being gay is a choice, same as being heterosexual is a choice. You can choose who you are with, or you can choose not to be with anybody. It is not the same as being born black, or white, or Asian. Yes you may have feelings toward one way or another, or your hormones might be out of wack, but at the end of the day you still have a choice. You have people who are born gay ( I'm sure there is a way to test for this be it thru estrogen and testosterone, or thru DNA, or a brain scan to see parts of the brain that would relate to that) You also have people who are "gay" just because they want the attention, they want to stand out in a crowd, or want to make a point. I think this whole thing has been blown up just for people seeking attention both for their religious beliefs and sexual orientation beliefs. I can sell what I want, to who I want, for however much I want. It's known as free enterprise. Maybe I have just 1 client? Then if somebody else comes along I am not REQUIRED to sell to them, I can pick and choose whomever I want for whatever reason I want.

dust4fun's photo
Sun 11/13/22 07:19 PM

When I read the topic, I thought the OP was referring to the insects that make beautiful music early mornings or late in the evening. laugh

I always loved listening to them. blushing

Welcome to Mingle2, Anshul0029

I hear they taste good covered in chocolate, and they have a lot of protein. Insects are a very good food source.

dust4fun's photo
Fri 11/11/22 07:43 PM

Karma Says
Your Parents Cannot Be Replaced,
Love Them, Respect Them, Care For Them, Listen To Them and Most Important PRAY For Them.
:blossom::pray::blossom:

Karma says " be nice to your kids, they'll choose your nursing home"

dust4fun's photo
Fri 11/11/22 07:35 PM

so where is your favorite place to spend time in Minnesota. mine would have to be in the northern Minnesota. Duluth

When the weather gets cold and windy it's by the fireplace or hibernating, the older I get the more I dislike the cold.

Don't hear much from fellow Minnesotans in this section besides 8macman posting here so I thought I'd respond so he knows at least somebody reads his posts once in awhile!

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25