Community > Posts By > paintecards01

no photo
Mon 02/10/14 07:28 AM

And like the asteroids who killed the dinosaurs ... there will be more!

That's the tragedy, no matter how often we complain about nice guys and their endless threads, they keep them coming...forever...frustrated

no photo
Mon 02/10/14 07:27 AM

If the NICE guys spent as much energy on BEING nice/good rather than complaining about it, they wouldn't need a "woah poor me Nice guy thread" spock

But we don't know how to observe nice behavior, we only spot it when it's pointed out to us.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no photo
Mon 02/10/14 07:26 AM

some people are nice some are not. what constitutes "nice" is not going to be the same for everyone....and we could end all of these discussions now by listening to my momma who raised me up saying that there's no use cryin' over spilt milk

it was good advice some 30 yrs ago and it still is

This.

no photo
Mon 02/10/14 07:25 AM

i am doing this a public service,

The "nice guy thread"
it's been done

Here
Topic: Why?????
http://mingle2.com/topic/374170

and Here:
Topic: Bad Boys Over Nice Guys? WHY?
http://mingle2.com/topic/384489

oh and here:
Topic: Question for the ladies
http://mingle2.com/topic/386165

also here(same op as above)
Topic: The problem with some people
http://mingle2.com/topic/386446

these are the most recent example, i myself even suggested (TWO YEARS AGO) that Mingle should add a "nice guy" category...you can find that topic here.

Topic: Should mingle add a 'nice guy' topic?
http://mingle2.com/topic/274660

many guys and girls have weighed in on the topic, it is up to you to take the advice of some of the people, or to ignore it.

But you know they say the definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over again the same way and expecting a different result.

oh and if you are a nice guy, and i didn't list your topic, you can assume i did it on purpose because i am most likely a jerk.

This needs to be a sticky post.drinker

no photo
Mon 02/10/14 07:21 AM

I'm thinking about how hot my girl Micchone was on the Walking dead last night.That woman is just gorgeous I have a serious school boy crush on her.Am I actually saying this out loud? Sorry I'll reel it in a little.love love love

It's not just you, I don't even like girls, and I was like, omg, she is so ****ing awesome. I'd marry her if I could. And if I liked women. Which I don't.laugh

But yeah, did you see her on The Talking Dead After? She looks really good out of all that costume stuff. She's stunning.

no photo
Mon 02/10/14 07:18 AM

If you had to choose between love or being alone what would you choose? being alone is a choice but1 life to short not to be able to have someone to share it with. It's not about sex! its about the good times spent together and enjoying the time that you have.

You can have good times with friends, you don't need to fall in love for that. I think I'd rather be in love, but falling in love and having someone fall in love with you isn't a choice, it kind of just happens whether your ready for it or not. I've always believed that if a person can't find happiness while they are single and on their own then they won't do well in a relationship because they will be depending on the other person to make them happy.

This.

no photo
Mon 02/10/14 07:16 AM

I really do think Mingle should take a different angle to this particularly humorous issue...They could separate themselves from the pack by creating an entire area dedicated to nice guys, and the undoubtedly few women who like them.

Come on, Mingle...Let's move from the pack and start our own venture.smokin

For the sake of equality, a "naughty girls" area should be started, too. indifferent

I volunteer to head that section.pitchfork

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 06:28 PM

I think everyone here has had really good points and given good advice. The only thing I would add is, do not make someone a priority who only makes you an option.

That's my philosophy, too.flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 05:44 PM

Poor cows and goats, their always getting the short end of the stick.

Wonder if MILF's often get the short end of the stick.

If they're being chased by cubs, there's no doubt the stick is short. And useless.smokin

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 05:42 PM
Stupid, desperate women who will let them have their way.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 05:40 PM

Because he is a balless wonder. Would rather keep you dangling on a string like his little puppet rather than telling you the truth.

So many of those in the world.drinker

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 05:39 PM

I posted this on M2 a while back:

Ozzie

When I was a child, we spent every summer in
Laguna Beach, CA, at my grandparents beach house.
Lots of movie stars about.

My mother, the ex beauty queen, loved to
prance my sister and I on the beach, to get attention.
Ozzie and Harriet and David and Ricky were
always there.

One day, she pushed me, literally, over to
where Ozzie was holding court.
I was resisting mightily and we got loud.
Ozzie heard us and beckoned me over.

Sat me on his lap. "What is wrong sweetheart?"
With the wisdom of my 5 years I calmly explained
to him that my Mother was insisting that he
was Ozzie Nelson. I was very indignant.
Because I knew he could not be..I watched
Ozzie & Harriet weekly, and Ozzie, as everyone
knew, had dark hair.

This guy's hair was as white as could be.
And I told him so.

He started laughing, his head thrown back, and
the other people around him were gathering close.
"Well, you are a very smart little girl" he said.
"Who do I look like then?" I studied his face.
I said, "You look like a Fred." This made him
howl with laughter.
He insisted everyone around him start calling
him Fred.

I spent the afternoon on his lap and he
questioned me about a lot of things. He seemed
greatly amused and of course, I had no
idea why. Only that he kept waving my Mother
away and that was good enough for me.

From then on, every day, he would call me
over to sit on his lap and converse.
About anything on my mind.
Oh yes, I always had a lot to say :-)

Over the years, I would RUN down to his
part of the beach when first we got there and
he always swept me up and hugged me to
beat the band. And we would talk and talk.

Harriet was rarely there but the boys were.
He would have them babysit me if I was
alone and he had to go. The boys were crazy
for my beautiful aunt, and would do anything
for their Dad and her hottiness.

There were years I did not see him, then he
would be there.
We were like old buddies. I think he appreciated
the genuineness of a child. I was thrilled that
someone could intimidate my Mother :-)

He died the year I got married, I think he might
have come to it.
He gave me quite the letch for older men :-)
I miss him still.
I named my cat Fred.

flowerforyou What a lovely memory.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 05:35 PM

don't be exclusive until you agree to be exclusive. If it develops into an exclusive relationship, awesome. If not, hey, maybe you had some laughs.

I just mean don't force it or make it into more than it is.

Awesome advice.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 05:35 PM
Maybe they hate it too, so they're trying to turn it into something else?

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 05:31 PM
Because men are stupid.

No seriously, sometimes no response to a gesture really is a response. If you contact a guy and it takes him 2 weeks to get back to you, he's saying he's over it. Or he's dead. Either way, yeah, time to move on. Lots of fish in the sea, or in this case, more horses in the stable.drinker

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 05:28 PM

I have one in particular, that makes me laugh every time I think about it

My mum's natural hair colour is dark brown. One day, she decided to dye it Platinum Blonde. That blonde shade is the exact same hair colour her sister uses. I was seven at the time, and an only child. Sometimes I forget I used to be an only child. Anyway, after she dyed her hair, she walked into my room, asking me what I think of it. This is no lie, she looked exactly like my aunty Lindsay, her sister. I looked at her horrified, because I thought it was my aunty pretending to be my mum. "YOU'RE NOT MY MUM!", I shouted, which is what all mums want to hear (not). "I am", she said. "You're NOT!", i retaliated. She couldn't stop laughing. She really did look exactly like my aunt. "Yeah. Sure you are. MY mum has BROWN hair, not BLONDE. And don't bother expecting me to believe you, unless you dye your hair brown". The poor woman had no choice but to dye her hair back to brown.

Small things really can change a person's entire look, I went back to school a few days ago and this guy I knew had grown a beard. He came up and said hello to me and I had no idea who he was, he looked so different. Later I apologized and told him I didn't recognize him because of the beard. Then a lady I knew from one of the offices had lightened her hair and I had no idea who she was either...hair and makeup are really powerful.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 05:28 PM

When I was kid they still use to set the MILK outside the front door in a metal box.

I never saw any Cougars coming to get it though.

I hate milk. Then again I'm not a cougar, so yeah....laugh

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 05:26 PM

I could post in this thread until its locked down. I am blessed with many happy moments.. one of my favorites is when my family took a day trip to an amusement park in Santa Claus Indiana. Its called Holiday World. My dads favorite place in the world I think! He loved the bumper boats. So did my mom but she hates swimming or having her head under water because she can't swim. Well my parents went to ride the boats and I stood watching because I wasn't old enough to ride yet. My dad gets in his boat, good to go. My mom however misses her seat totally and falls right into that water! She's splashing around thinking she is drowning and so did I! The ride attendant jumps into the water to help her and shes freaking out and he has to shout at her because all the flailing around she is doing is getting him soaked and angry he can't even help her. I heard him yell Ma'am Ma'am you can stand up! Its only waist deep! Ma'am just stand up! Finally my mom gets out of the water. Soaked and the man ask if she still wants to ride. She noticed my dad was way out the other side of the pool acting like he didn't even know her! Lol! So yes she got back on the ride and went after him! I heard her saying things like "thanks for helping me"..and "let your wife drown" as she attacked his boat with hers! I still hear his laughter.

:laughing:

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 05:24 PM
Family vacations at the beach and at Mackinaw Island for the weekend..such great times.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 04:45 PM
That reminds me, I need to buy another box of matches, the thingie on the outside doesn't light correctly when I strike the match. So frustrating....

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25