Community > Posts By > GuitarManager

GuitarManager's photo
Wed 05/20/09 03:35 PM

yes, i did uninstall this Avast; but, i may have uninstalled something else,also. did not have this problem before, i installed avast.

Does the problem still exist now avast is uninstalled?

GuitarManager's photo
Wed 05/20/09 03:33 PM
What's wrong with Linux for me? I have tried many distributions, OpenSuse, Ubuntu, Gentoo, Mandriva, Knoppix. Here are a few of the many reasons that I still don't get along with linux:

1. Every distro installer laughs at my raid controller and exits.

2. If I install on another hard drive then the installation usually hangs; this is especially true of Ubuntu.

3. No wireless drivers for my wireless n card. Yes I can use ndiswrapper but how many run of the mill end users can figure that out?

4. My Line6 Toneport GX has no drivers. There is an open source project but it is far from completion. I require it to work flawlessly.

5. I have to jump through hoops using a console to get 3D working on my video card.

6. I have to jump through hoops using a console for most linux activities.

7. Updates usually don't work right (automatic and manual updates) usually choking on some missing dependency. The last time I ran the updater on Ubuntu it would not boot after.

8. Software is compiled for individual distributions and finding the right software is not easy. Yes I can compile the source code myself but again how many regular computer users will know how to do this?

9. There is no standard across distributions. Every distro is different; different file systems, different software installation procedures (emerge, apt-get, rpm), different window managers and so on. We all know that the choice of multiple different editions of Vista is confusing to the end user; imagine how confusing thousands of different Linux distributions is to most people.

All of this and more conspires to keep the average everyday user away from Linux and with Windows which they are more familiar with using and troubleshooting.

Linux has its place in the market. It is an excellent, reliable, scalable choice in operating systems for almost any type of server. To crack the end user market it needs to be easier to use and have a more consistent end user experience across distributions.

GuitarManager's photo
Wed 05/20/09 03:01 PM
Can you post a screenshot so we can see what is meant exactly by "not right or blurred" ?
Were you installing avast proactively or did you install it because you suspect you have a virus?
If you uninstall avast is the problem still present?
I use avast antivirus at home and have never had a problem with it.

GuitarManager's photo
Sun 02/01/09 03:20 PM

Dannyboy explain your comment best ever.Yes they are currently world club champions,premiership and european champions but they are not the best team ever.

That title would of course go to S****horpe United, my home town.

The irony of the obscenity filter...

GuitarManager's photo
Sun 02/01/09 03:19 PM

Dannyboy explain your comment best ever.Yes they are currently world club champions,premiership and european champions but they are not the best team ever.

That title would of course go to S****horpe United, my home town.

GuitarManager's photo
Sun 02/01/09 02:58 PM
Vonage really was horrible from my experience. All calls had a lot of noise and stuttering. Couple the horrible call quality with the sales people that call you insistently after you cancel your account trying to tempt you back with a special offer. Never again.

GuitarManager's photo
Sat 01/31/09 03:30 PM

Does anybody use Google Chrome as their browser? I downloaded it, and it wouldnt let me log in to mingle.

I use Google Chrome. It works perfectly, is much faster than Firefox and uses less system resources. The only drawback is that you cannot run extensions in Chrome yet like adblock plus.

GuitarManager's photo
Sat 01/31/09 03:28 PM
Google broke today for about 15 minutes.
http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/01/31/google-flags-whole-internet-as-malware/

GuitarManager's photo
Sun 01/25/09 07:15 PM
Maybe you could leave this discussion thread open on his computer :wink:

GuitarManager's photo
Sat 01/10/09 06:23 AM
Happy birthday! Have a fun day and don't do anything I wouldn't do devil

GuitarManager's photo
Sat 01/10/09 06:18 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/
http://www.stumbleupon.com/

GuitarManager's photo
Wed 01/07/09 05:12 PM
Jane Fonda was smokin hot in the opening sequence to Barbarella. When Kylie Minogue recreated the famous scene she was also smokin hot but nobody tops Jane Fonda.

GuitarManager's photo
Tue 01/06/09 09:55 AM

I'm looking for new people to talk to. I'm 19. And happily engaged, so don't get any ideas. LOL laugh

This is a dating forum and asking a man not to get ideas about a pretty woman in a dating forum is same as asking a woman not to get ideas in chocolate house.

But nobody ever does any dating on this site. Feel free to prove me wrong :wink:

GuitarManager's photo
Tue 01/06/09 03:49 AM

The babies weren't the problem. I love all three of my girls. It was who I chose to marry. He eventually changed over the years, and I didn't get an education, because I was married to him, and thought I would be married forever. After 15 1/2 years, it was over.

Just make sure. And by the way, a friend from high school was told she couldn't have babies either and her first child was born a few months after mine, and her second is the same age as my middle one. Don't give up hope!!

Don't trust doctors. Well trust them but never 100%. A friend of mine in her 30s is due to have a baby next week. She also was told that she would never be able to have children.

GuitarManager's photo
Mon 01/05/09 07:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1qTKb-wjeQ

GuitarManager's photo
Mon 01/05/09 07:35 PM

My two kids are the pickiest eaters I have ever seen. No matter what I try I cannot get them to eat many vegetables. My daughter will eat mashed potatoes so sometimes I will mash some peas up with it and she eats green mash which is fun for her. Disguising the food they wont eat is the key. Vegetarian chicken nuggets work as well. They think that they are getting a good unhealthy meal but you know better. That and fruit. My kids can't get enough fruit; naturally sweet and tasty.

what just put a slice of cheese on everything, it melts and makes it taste better.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

That actually does work!

GuitarManager's photo
Mon 01/05/09 07:25 PM
My two kids are the pickiest eaters I have ever seen. No matter what I try I cannot get them to eat many vegetables. My daughter will eat mashed potatoes so sometimes I will mash some peas up with it and she eats green mash which is fun for her. Disguising the food they wont eat is the key. Vegetarian chicken nuggets work as well. They think that they are getting a good unhealthy meal but you know better. That and fruit. My kids can't get enough fruit; naturally sweet and tasty.

GuitarManager's photo
Mon 01/05/09 07:12 PM

give it some time and someone will come up with a virus for the mac

There are plenty of viruses for Macs and plenty of antivirus software. The only reason there aren't more is because the market share is small. As the market share grows then so will the number of viruses. The pay off for a virus programmer just isn't that great for a Mac virus right now.

http://antivirus.about.com/od/macintoshresource/Macintosh_Viruses_and_Mac_Virus_Resources.htm

GuitarManager's photo
Mon 01/05/09 07:08 PM

I have to disagree.

I believe intermarrying is part of our demice.

This has just been going on really in this generation..

We do not take into effect how this will effect future generations.

This all seems well and right in getting rid of racism or differences.

Is that really the problem?

It is a mindset and we are limiting who we are to think that racism will only be dealt with and go away through mixing of races.

All being alike.. A borg would be born.

We also are saying that the human race who so many say have evolved over time but what has really evolved?

Is it not our brain power.. Our logic our understanding and we are striving for equality.

Equality is what seperates us thinking we are better than another.

That is racism. In it's truest point..

yet if we believe that having a all fits all society we have lost who we are.

If we go on and continue Race mixing eventually we can conclude all heritage will be the same.

No more for thousand of years being passed on from generations the cultures of the world.

Cultures are merged when mixing then becomes the problem of which culture do we become?

This is destroying us as we speak.

Do we really want the heritage of China to only be seen in a museum?

Or Thailand who also is being brought into the western life style that grand lodges are being built roads and vehicles who destroy every inch of the world?

We are taking huge chances no more Jews or nortic culture, Arab or Vietemeses.

We all can see that the moderization comes race mixing and then a lost of heritage and it only takes a few generations to wipe out all that has been into a western society of High Rise buildings and Freeways.

Just take a look at what is happening in Asian culture.

How long will it be if we all mix before that culture is no more?

I really do not understand this. I understand Equality but mixing races is not the answer.

We worry about our registered dog and cat and Horse making sure we preserve thier attributes that make them unique but the Human race we decide that we need to mingle to take that blood out of us.

Is that what we want is mixed Blood?

heitage and culture is very important and mixing races 200 years down the road will be all but forgotten for a universal stagnat race.

Blessings..Miles

We're all descended from the Mitochondrial Eve so isn't inter-racial marriage just getting back to our roots? A homogeneous human race would solve a lot if not all of the wars going on in the world. Do we want the violence in Gaza or should both sides settle down and agree to eternal peace? We would never turn into the Borg. Each individual human is different in their own right. We all have different minds, opinions, likes, dislikes. Spreading a little love to other cultures will go a long way in making this world a better place for us all.

GuitarManager's photo
Mon 01/05/09 06:53 PM

anyways since im new at this whats good to talk about on here? lol

Check out the religion forum. It's always good for a heated debate...

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13