Jamiroquai, Runaway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzyj3Wxhjr4

GuitarManager's photo
Tue 12/02/08 05:01 AM
Iggy Pop, I wanna be your dog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbLRf0j80wU

GuitarManager's photo
Tue 12/02/08 04:44 AM

I played a pratcial joke on someone at work by translating her phone list to binary.

Am I considered a geek for that?

You get the geek vote from me. That reminded me of the binary solo that the Flight of the Conchords did...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoi1MSGu64

GuitarManager's photo
Tue 12/02/08 04:41 AM

i'm about to vent.....

ok when it comes to the whole "quit trying to push your beliefs on me",BOTH sides are guilty of this!.

i'm Baptist and reading through i see both Christians and Atheists trying to give their reasoning to why God does or doesn't exist and the thing is,neither side is going to budge on what their beliefs are,so nobody is really getting anywheres.

if you believe in God,great.if you don't,hey you're entitled to your beliefs but either way don't sit there and gripe about about what someone else believes when both sides are doing the same thing!

vent over........now where's the b00bs?

When you suffer prejudice and abuse for not believing in God then you have every right to try and educate Christians as to why you believe what you believe. You're right, nobody is going to change their beliefs. I am not trying to change Christian beliefs; all I want is for people from any religion to understand me as I understand them. My last girlfriend was one of the most religious Christians I have ever met. She was understanding of my beliefs but unfortunately her church friends were not. The prejudices from her church friends eventually put an end to our relationship. Add to that getting passed up for promotions and being physically attacked because of my beliefs. Tell me the Christians that do these things don't need educating. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. I only want to be not treated like dirt.

GuitarManager's photo
Mon 12/01/08 05:26 PM
Foo Fighters, Let it Die
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjUWX81g1yY

GuitarManager's photo
Mon 12/01/08 01:25 PM
Yes, it is a most awesome game. I've played it through a couple of times on my PC.

GuitarManager's photo
Mon 12/01/08 12:10 PM
Edited by GuitarManager on Mon 12/01/08 12:12 PM
Divinyls, I Touch Myself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FGk63Fv7t4

GuitarManager's photo
Sun 11/30/08 08:08 AM
deviating

GuitarManager's photo
Sun 11/30/08 08:06 AM

I have geekier glasses than my brother now, does that give me extra geek points? xD (Not the glasses in my picture...I just got new ones lol)

They're new glasses and not held together with tape so no extra geek points for you :wink:

GuitarManager's photo
Sun 11/30/08 08:05 AM

Sounds to me like you need one of those ergonomic chairs that you kneel on, it straightens out your spine quite nicely...

I had one of those at work in January. I agree it straightens the spine out well but it really does not do my restless legs any good. If I can't move my legs every minute or two I'm in pain.

GuitarManager's photo
Sun 11/30/08 07:55 AM

i think we need to come up with a godless holiday for atheist that isnt Halloween.

Just for your info....Halloween is about MANY MANY MANY Gods... It's the LEAST of the Godless holidays.

But back to the ? at hand...What do you get an Athierst for X-mas?

Whatever you want to get them...

It's their choice to believe what they want, it's your choice to believe what you wish.

I'll take a new chair for my computer desk please. The back just fell off this one.

GuitarManager's photo
Thu 11/27/08 10:58 AM
yodeling

GuitarManager's photo
Wed 11/26/08 10:51 AM

Ok.. In the Holiday Spirit...and on the subject once again... I, an active Christian, don't want anyone, even the godless, to feel lonely or unloved.

Normally, atheists either don't have family, don't spend time with that family, or have a family that doesn't follow their line of thinking this holiday season, which may cause tension. Every now and then, you'll find a full family of atheists, spending 'family' time together in warmth of spirit and love.

So, since there are some extra lonely people out there, I want to wish you all well in this magical season(cause I even feel lonely and I spend the holidays with 50 people or more--southern family, what can I say.. and we have events with my church family.. musicals, candlelight communion, neighborhood caroling, but still can be lonely at times, especially when single).

May you seek what is worthy of being sought in life, may your life find meaning along its short journey here, and may you all prosper, not in worldliness, but in the very being of who you are to make the world a better place, a more kind and generous place.

Happy Holidays!

I think you must have met some bad atheists if you think they don't have or don't spend time with their families. Then again I've met some bad Christians too; a preacher who beats his children, a drug addict, another preacher who went on vacation every two months without his wife and two children. There are good and bad people from every belief system. The last sentence of your second paragraph is the norm from my experience.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything else you say. Peace, love and happiness to everyone no matter what belief system your upbringing gave to you.

GuitarManager's photo
Mon 11/24/08 06:46 PM
surpassing

GuitarManager's photo
Mon 11/24/08 03:31 PM
innovating

GuitarManager's photo
Mon 11/24/08 01:39 PM
Guffawing

GuitarManager's photo
Sun 11/23/08 07:35 PM

I celebrate everyday my feet hit the floor
for me that's a true blessing

speaking for myself, I don't need a holiday to celebrate life

Well said!

GuitarManager's photo
Sun 11/23/08 07:22 PM

Ok, just wondering how an atheist doesn't believe in God.. Isn't their religion centered around the fact that HE.. God.. doesn't exist. Without God, they wouldn't have a religion. winking

Atheism is not a religion. It is a lack of any religion. I don't believe in aliens either but nobody has invented a word for that yet. The concept of atheism was invented by religious governments to persecute those who did not follow their religion.

GuitarManager's photo
Sun 11/23/08 07:08 PM

Quite impressive !!! GM, thnx for those alot!

No problem. I'm glad to share my experiences with those who are interested :smile:

GuitarManager's photo
Sun 11/23/08 06:53 PM
I saw a light appear on my wall when I was 7. It was the middle of the night and completely dark. I could stand in front of it and wave my arms around and there was no shadow so I know the light was coming from the wall. Strangely it did not scare me.

The second strange occurrence was waiting in line to sit in a stand to see a show at a park. It was 3 days before my 11th birthday and I was with my parents. I said I did not want to sit in this stand as I knew it was going to collapse. I had a very strong feeling about it. After 15 minutes of complaining to my parents we went and stood in line for the other stand. The stand we were originally going to sit on collapsed mid way through the show.
http://www.jsfnet.co.uk/series_knockout_tv_1982.htm

I have also had a couple of out of body experiences about two years ago. One time I was seriously depressed, thinking about death and I realized that I was staring at the back of my head; I could see myself sitting on the couch. As soon as I realized this I went whoosh right back into my head. The next time was a few months later. I was driving home down I40 and was suddenly up in the air and could see for miles ahead of me. All I could hear was wind, no car noise. I had a feeling of elation for about a minute and was then back in the car.

In retrospect the last experience was very very scary. And before anyone asks, no it wasn't drugs.