Community > Posts By > brenlee1965

brenlee1965's photo
Mon 05/18/09 04:03 PM
I think people confuse "loving someone" with "loving things about them". I have made the mistake of saying "I love you" but didn't mean that I was "in-love" with him. I think the words are used too often and too loosely. OK, maybe it's something that I need too work on......happy

brenlee1965's photo
Mon 05/18/09 04:00 PM
That's SAD that you are not polite. Well, something to work on. :wink:

brenlee1965's photo
Mon 05/18/09 03:58 PM
Horse drawn carriage.

brenlee1965's photo
Mon 05/18/09 03:57 PM
I usually speak to everyone and have a gift of gab (while making others feel at ease) so I just talk too them, see if I like them AFTER they speak (heehee).

brenlee1965's photo
Mon 05/18/09 03:54 PM
No......if it's true love on both ends....maybe the timing is off; relax and enjoy each others fiendship; the timing may be there later.

brenlee1965's photo
Mon 05/18/09 03:52 PM
Broken......no, just a little bruised.

brenlee1965's photo
Mon 05/18/09 03:46 PM
Be yourself.....Be honest....Be polite....that's a start!

brenlee1965's photo
Mon 05/18/09 03:43 PM

:heart: Have you ever been cheated on yet you stayed with the cheater?:heart:Why?:heart:Was the relationship the same?:heart:

No.....I would NEVER stay with a cheater; once a cheater always a cheater.

brenlee1965's photo
Mon 05/18/09 03:42 PM
It's wrong to Love someone that already has someone! Everyone gets hurt. Where's the sense in it? I don't know, never did understand why people do that.....I mean, please....if the person is 'taken' move on.

brenlee1965's photo
Mon 05/18/09 03:40 PM
NEVER repeat a mistake! That's why it's called a M-I-S-T-A-K-E; cause it was not a good decision made.....heehee!

brenlee1965's photo
Mon 03/23/09 01:04 PM
Who cares if she still "lies"....Just be thankful that you are no longer with her. As long as she's not saying false things about your children; let her lie....pretend that it doesn't bother you at all. People sometimes lie for attention....whether it's negative or positive. She may be looking to see if she can still push your buttons and if so that may be giving her "hope" that you still care for her. If that is NOT the case----let it go. Being Civil doesn't mean you have to even talk to her about anything but the kids. That just means no touching, and acting in an adult manner. Treat her like you would some stranger on the street.....use good manners and smile.

brenlee1965's photo
Mon 03/23/09 12:59 PM
That was so cool! Thanks for sharing.

brenlee1965's photo
Sun 02/22/09 12:46 PM
That there can be someone for you; but the timing is off? And if so, do you think that if it's meant too be, it will be eventually?

brenlee1965's photo
Sun 02/22/09 12:43 PM
I loved the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman shows too.

brenlee1965's photo
Sun 02/22/09 12:42 PM

I stopped watchin TV when the dukes of hazzard went off the air!!!

OMG....I was going to write the Dukes of Hazzard......Loved it and I was a teenager when it was on tv. Now I own the DVD's.

brenlee1965's photo
Sun 02/22/09 12:41 PM

Lust is I want you for now. Love is I want you forever.

That's a good way to view it!

brenlee1965's photo
Sun 02/22/09 12:40 PM

bigsmile Do you smile and put on a good face around your friends even when you are in pain to avoid burdening them with your problems?bigsmile

I try to always smile and usually deal with my problems with humor; if at all possible. Why bring people "down" just because I am having issues. My close friends know me and know that I need to deal with my own problems and if I need them, they are there for me. My theory in life is to "Have your pity party and get mad and cry and all of that and then sit down and THINK about it, can you change anything, and if so, pull up your boot straps, suck it up and do what needs to be done!" Wallowing in problems just makes them seem worse!

brenlee1965's photo
Sun 02/22/09 12:36 PM

I agree with being friends after the smoke clears & the complication of losing a spouse was most likely a very trying time for him. I would be totally honest and upfront and say you were curious as to why he'd contact you after all this time....

I AGREE! You are pretty smart; must get that from your older sister! :)

brenlee1965's photo
Sun 02/22/09 12:33 PM

I noticed this effect with a friend. I would come onto to her and she would back off. So I backed off and she came onto me. It is like if I act like she doesn't even exist it works out better. I guess for absence to make the heart grow fonder you really need absence for the formula to work out. Evidently, something else must grow without the absence. I think that is why familiarity breeds contempt. But if that is so then what does unfamiliarity breed? Hmmm. I think some people just want a friend which might make the saying of a friend in need is a friend indeed. Because if you don't need them and they are there then what does that make them? Hmmm. A useless appendage. laugh

Funny! And yes, I believe that woman tend to like a guy more if there's a little bit of work involved. Woman like to keep a sense of mystery about them and that usually keeps a man more interested. My sister believes that men like her more when she's mean too them and I wouldn't have believed that; but I have seen it and it's true! People are truly amazing! Never boring....just amazing!

brenlee1965's photo
Sun 02/22/09 12:29 PM

this is one of those topics that it's better to be quiet about

Oh.....there is a SMART man on here! hahahahaha! I think most women are VERY self conscience about their size; but in the end it really is all about how you feel about yourself. Everyone has a weight that they feel comfortable with and what they are unhappy with. Problem is that MANY don't even consider that there may be a medical problem that keeps a person or gets a person to the size they are. Judging before you know someone is showing how "shallow" you are. So this man is SMART by saying it's better to be quiet.

Really, I don't think it's meant as a 'judgment'. We all have personal preferences and that doesn't make us shallow. I prefer taller men than someone shorter than me...no difference in prefering someone of a certain weight.

Everyone "Judges what they want and what they don't want, in a mate/relationship". This world is all about "what pleases me visibly; I mean isn't that why people view more profiles that have pictures"; the ole adage that says a picture tells a thousand words and all of that....I believe we may be talking apples and oranges here! I am not saying it's wrong or right to decide you only are interested in people that visibly please you....I am saying this man was SMART in saying what he said. Personally, I don't care for 'shallow people' that don't want to even get to know people that don't fit into their mold of what they are physically attracted to. I have met many people of all sizes, shapes and colors and they all have something that is interesting about them. I think many people miss out on some awesome people by judging a bit too much.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25