Community > Posts By > Blaze1978

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 11/03/09 03:07 PM

Hey, the other day I ended up with pocket pairs and lost 6 of 7 hands the Jacks won for me with two pair. Now what is everyone else's strategy for Hold 'Em when dealt a pocket pair of 8's or less?

Depends:

If my hands for the night have sucked, and my chips are low, I might invest the remainder of my chips preflop and just hope for the best. Otherwise, save for the rare exception, I'd most likely limp in.

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 10/25/09 10:32 PM
I could see how some would consider it a sport (in the realm of mind sport), but honestly, I don't care. I just enjoy playing the game.

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 10/25/09 10:27 PM
Video games and my laptop.

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 10/17/09 12:35 AM
I heard the news a day or two ago.

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 10/17/09 12:33 AM
A close friend of mine who survived cancer told me that he was given a strict diet to adhere to while he was undergoing treatment.

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 10/09/09 11:04 PM

Occassionally I have horrible, horrible dreams, I relate them to stress and things happening around me. Around the time my mom was ill, I would dream of my self being ill in awful ways. I've had random dreams of bad things happening to my kids,friends,pets ect..

The other night I had a dream that there was a man with long greasy hair and baggy clothes standing right next to my bed, he was holding something square and ominous over his head. I don't know what it was he was holding but I was petrified. I could have sworn I opened my eyes and seen him. I rolled to the other side of my bed and jumped up and flicked the light on...and nothing was there. It seemed so real (even though noone could possibly fit in the space he was standing) all day that dream bothered me. Anyone else go through this??

I had a similar experience. A couple weeks ago, I dreamed that there were giant wasps crawling around in my covers. As I jumped out of bed in a half waking state, I knew that I was residing in Tokyo and that the wasps had to be gathered unharmed and returned to the Queen of England.

I turned on the light and madly searched through my covers for several minutes before realizing it was a dream...

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 09/26/09 11:23 PM
One of my all-time favorites.

Blaze1978's photo
Mon 09/21/09 12:41 PM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Mon 09/21/09 12:42 PM
I'm looking for someone who's not one of those "I'm proud to be a b*tch" women. I also expect that I'd be allowed to do my own thing and not be forced to wear a friggin' leash for eternity.

If I want to play poker with the guys on Saturday, then I damn well will play poker with the guys on Saturday.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 07/21/09 10:49 AM

Ok in the past year I've been hittin' the weights hard and have gained a good 35 lbs. muscle so now I'm a good 175, my work out partner was about 190 and now he's like 265 and a monster, benching 400lbs. Is this possible without 'roids.?

It is possible, maybe your friend is a mesomorph. Prior to the invention and refinement of steroids, there were a minority of athletes in professional wrestling, and a lot in bodybuilding, who were able to develop and drop muscle mass fairly quickly when obeying a strict diet and regimen. These athletes stood out, and to today's generation, many would look like steroid monsters. The best example was Bert Assirati, a strong man who was active in bodybuilding, gymnastics and wrestling in the 20s and 30s. Assirati stood a mere 5'6" (only an inch and a half taller than me), yet he achieved a huge 245 pounds of bulk...and not from eating sandwiches, lol.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 07/21/09 10:26 AM
I never get that feeling, even when I've had an utterly abominable nightmare...

Except these days, I'm in an ugly war with my landlady, and the only dreams I remember are starring her.sad2 scared

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 07/21/09 02:40 AM

I prefer to deal with my problems, rather than use drugs to pretend I don't have any problems.

You know nothing about marijuana...

If by that you mean I don't know the joy of sitting in a trance on a couch giggling like an idiot in a complete stupor, you're very right.

I have a number of friends who had natural talents that ended up going to waste because of their overdependence on the drug, so I've an idea of what it does.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 07/21/09 02:37 AM

weed is not a drug... it' a weed. whoa
Legalize it, decriminalize it.
What one does in the privacy of their
own home is their own business.
As long as their not selling it to the kiddies, or killing the doctors.

If by that, you mean weed isn't a drug because it occurs naturally in the environment, then you're wrong. Mushrooms are a potent hallucinogenic that grow naturally. Opium is a powerful narcotic that occurs naturally.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 07/21/09 02:34 AM

Anderson silva would trash him let alone..

did you really say that? dude SIZE DIFFERENCE you wouldnt have to be that great of a fighter with that kinda size difference at the very least you wouldnt get trashed..but most likely submitted..but not trashed..suriously. they say think before you speak for a reason

Size alone is essentially meaningless in professional sports. I respect what you're saying, but Akebono was a fighter (of the sumo discipline) who enjoyed a significant weight advantage over pretty much everyone, yet he was schooled by Royce Gracie, an aging fighter no less. Size is nothing, size means little when you're trapped on the mat with no knowledge of how to escape your predicament.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 07/21/09 02:28 AM

Aren't ants the strongest creature on this planet, for their size? Or is that just a myth? I think they are able to carry something like 50 times their own body weight(or a lot times their weight anyway, i havent researched this).

I think it is more like ten or twenty times their body weight. Still, that would be akin to a human being lifting a small vehicle.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 07/21/09 02:26 AM

What would interest me is if an ant has an actual brain? Is it possible to see it and even dissect to see how the brain functions?

Sounds gross but something so small with such organizational skills amazes me.

The ant does have a brain...well, it's more like a clump of neurons. But it's amazing what a mere clump of neurons can do.

Blaze1978's photo
Mon 07/20/09 02:39 AM

Everyone criticizes Lesnar for being disrespectful, but who was that fighter that wore a lucha libre mask prior to his match with Lesnar (and subsequently swallowed his own teeth in under a minute)?

Also, people have to remember that mixed martial arts is a bottom line conscious industry. And the bottom line is money.

EDIT: Oops my bad, I was referring to Lashley's win over Cook. A reprehensible mistake for me to make, given how familiar I am with both Lesnar and Lashley. And especially given the fact that I posted an opinion on the Lashley fight several weeks ago.embarassed

Blaze1978's photo
Mon 07/20/09 02:37 AM

I'm working on a thesis called "Being in the Right Place at the Right Time." And I'm using Hulk Hogan as a case study.

I respect what Hogan did for the wrestling business, but he was a paper champion who was grossly overprotected by promoters and limped his way to every title he ever won without ever working hard. He was handed virtually everything he accomplished, as opposed to twenty hard working wrestlers I could name off the top of my head who never won the WWF World title because Hogan always held it.

Look, these are the facts: Back in '77, "Superstar" Billy Graham was the WWWF World champion, and the guy Vince McMahon Jr wanted to build the company around. Problem is, McMahon didn't have much say in the matter; his father still owned the company, and Daddy McMahon was old-school...He wanted Bob Backlund, a wrestler with an amateur background, as long-term champion. Thus Graham, whose great charisma and limited wrestling ability (plus the roided physique) made him directly comparable to Hogan, dropped the title, in spite of the fact that he was the superior draw. In other words, Graham would have made the company more money than Backlund with a long title reign.

Fast forward to 1984, two years after Vince Jr assumed control of the WWF. McMahon, still envisioning old dreams, hired Hogan to fill the role that might have been Graham's if his father was a bit less old-fashioned. In other words, Hogan was in the right time, right place. If Vince Jr had been in control of the company in '77, Graham would have likely had his 5-year run with the belt, and Vince probably would have introduced the changes that were made in the industry through the ensuing years through the "Superstar." In which case, Hogan would have no longer appeared distinct. As uniqueness and distinction (as in an indelible quality that makes a wrestler stand out) are important aspects of any main event wrestler, Hogan most likely would not have beaten the Iron Sheik at the Garden in 1984, and therefore would not have gone on to have the career he had.

Put Hogan in a shoot with your average professional wrestler, even your average wrestler without an amateur background, and Hogan would have gotten his @$$ kicked in short order. Due to his limited ring skill, Hogan in his prime, would not fare too well in an environment in which the matches are shoots, as opposed to works.

Sorry, man.

Hogan only ever had the charisma. He was lousy wrestler who only had a couple moves and they weren't all that great, but you could say that about most wrestler at he time. Hogan became the forefather of what became a whole slew of wrestlers with no ring talent, but they knew how to work a crowd.

I dunno if most...for every untalented Hogan that made it to the top, there were maybe ten Dynamite Kid's that had to be satisfied with the mid-card.

But yeah, the point is that Hulk Hogan is like Hitler to some of us purist wrestling fans.pitchfork

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 07/19/09 11:15 PM
Renegade queens will invade a foreign colony on their own, using special scent excretions to trick the colony into thinking it is one of their own. The foreign queen will then root out and destroy the native queen. The queens caretakers initially attempt to pull it to safety. If the native queen is killed before the confused natives can come back with a defense, the invading queen's scent causes the caretakers to immediately forget their dead queen, and acknowledge the invader as queen as if she always was so.

Ants communicate through chemical secretions that are excreted through their rear. Some ants are able to produce as many as 50 or 60 distinct scents that inform nearby ants of what is going on in the world around them. Since ants are mostly blind, this method of communication is an invaluable tool for survival. Distinct chemical scents may lead the way to prey, they may summon other ants to subdue prey, they may warn of danger, etc. When an ant is dead, it stops producing these chemicals. This is the only indicator an ant has that a nearby dead ant is in fact dead. If a living ant stopped producing these chemicals, it would be assumed dead and carried out of the colony to be discarded.

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 07/19/09 10:49 PM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Sun 07/19/09 10:55 PM
I'm working on a thesis called "Being in the Right Place at the Right Time." And I'm using Hulk Hogan as a case study.

I respect what Hogan did for the wrestling business, but he was a paper champion who was grossly overprotected by promoters and limped his way to every title he ever won without ever working hard. He was handed virtually everything he accomplished, as opposed to twenty hard working wrestlers I could name off the top of my head who never won the WWF World title because Hogan always held it.

Look, these are the facts: Back in '77, "Superstar" Billy Graham was the WWWF World champion, and the guy Vince McMahon Jr wanted to build the company around. Problem is, McMahon didn't have much say in the matter; his father still owned the company, and Daddy McMahon was old-school...He wanted Bob Backlund, a wrestler with an amateur background, as long-term champion. Thus Graham, whose great charisma and limited wrestling ability (plus the roided physique) made him directly comparable to Hogan, dropped the title, in spite of the fact that he was the superior draw. In other words, Graham would have made the company more money than Backlund with a long title reign.

Fast forward to 1984, two years after Vince Jr assumed control of the WWF. McMahon, still envisioning old dreams, hired Hogan to fill the role that might have been Graham's if his father was a bit less old-fashioned. In other words, Hogan was in the right time, right place. If Vince Jr had been in control of the company in '77, Graham would have likely had his 5-year run with the belt, and Vince probably would have introduced the changes that were made in the industry through the ensuing years through the "Superstar." In which case, Hogan would have no longer appeared distinct. As uniqueness and distinction (as in an indelible quality that makes a wrestler stand out) are important aspects of any main event wrestler, Hogan most likely would not have beaten the Iron Sheik at the Garden in 1984, and therefore would not have gone on to have the career he had.

Put Hogan in a shoot with your average professional wrestler, even your average wrestler without an amateur background, and Hogan would have gotten his @$$ kicked in short order. Due to his limited ring skill, Hogan in his prime, would not fare too well in an environment in which the matches are shoots, as opposed to works.

Sorry, man.

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 07/19/09 10:28 PM
I prefer to deal with my problems, rather than use drugs to pretend I don't have any problems.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25