Community > Posts By > Blaze1978

Blaze1978's photo
Thu 09/02/10 02:12 AM
Ok, thanks to everyone for the help.happy

Blaze1978's photo
Wed 09/01/10 09:42 PM

Haven't watched wrestling since the 80's....RIP Captain Lou!

Ahhh...back when wrestling was wrestling and not a soap opera.

everything has a story...lol

Yes, but the 80's had more wrestling and less gimmick. Today it is almost all gimmick, midgets, and some guys with big letters on their chest. Less gimmick, more action is all I'm saying.

If you want less gimmick, I strongly recommend Japanese wrestling (and not sumo, which is the response I generally get when I mention Japanese wrestling). I'm talking puroresu. New Japan, All Japan and NOAH employ a style of stiff realistic wrestling, long matches with little talking outside of the occasional formal interview. Dragon Gate employs a style of wrestling influenced by Mexican Lucha Libre.

Blaze1978's photo
Wed 09/01/10 09:38 PM
It's been a long time since I've checked in, and I'll tell ya something...it is rare that I have heard of a fellow fan on here that is even aware of something other than WWE.

Myself, I'm a fan of everything non-WWE. TNA, ROH, DGUSA, New Japan, All Japan, NOAH, I likes them all.

Blaze1978's photo
Wed 09/01/10 09:35 PM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Wed 09/01/10 09:36 PM
I was wondering whether it is a good idea to modify my C drive from the FAT32 format to NTFS. I have an idea how this can be accomplished, but I want to be sure it is totally safe. Are there any drawbacks to NTFS?

The reason I ask is because I just purchased a new toy, something which will allow me to transfer video game footage from my TV to my laptop. With this device, FAT32 appears to optimize disk space too inefficiently to be practical.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 12/29/09 10:56 PM
If you had spent the entirety of your life not having had affection returned, you would not ask that question.

If I became close with someone just once, even if it turned out badly, I could take solace in the fact that now I know.

The not knowing what having affection returned feels like, that is the worst part.

I would take one short term relationship over nothing at all.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 12/15/09 08:05 PM
Currently, my Acer laptop restarts to Windows. I need it to reboot to the CD drive so that I can run my recovery discs...any idea on how to achieve this?

Blaze1978's photo
Mon 12/14/09 11:24 PM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Mon 12/14/09 11:25 PM
TNA fan here.

The only one on this site apparently...sad2

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 12/06/09 11:26 PM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Sun 12/06/09 11:26 PM
Not exactly news to us wrestling fans. Kevin Nash once stated that wrestlers party harder than musicians, and the truth is in the numbers. Anytime you see an otherwise healthy wrestler dying of a heart ailment in his 30s, drugs was probably the reason for the death.

An interesting statistic is how the United States compares to Japan in terms of wrestler deaths. In the U.S., there are more drug related fatalities, while in Japan, there are almost none. Meanwhile, Japan has a much higher incidence of ring fatalities than does the U.S.

I'm still dreading the day that I turn on my screen and learn that Kurt Angle died.tears

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 12/06/09 11:19 PM

heart attack...@ 36

They say that a brain aneurism contributed to the death. Yet another drug related "accident" in the world of wrestling that could have been avoided.

WWE needs to spend less time putting money into their bs Wellness Policy and more time rethinking their travel schedule that is a great contributor to wrestlers becoming addicted to drugs.

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 11/28/09 07:06 PM

A few nights ago I had a horrible nightmare. In it, I was not myself, I was someone else. There were other people, and we were a family, but it wasn't people that are in my family. Nonetheless, I felt assured that these were my family members, and I was comfortable with them. The house we were in was foreign, a house I had never before been in, but it felt familiar at the same time.

Abruptly, the room we were in was filled with these semi transluscent golden worms. Dozens, maybe hundreds of them. The squirmed toward anything that was alive. They could pass through solid objects, they could enter people and do something to them, but I did not know what.

In the next image, I was hiding in a bathtub. The next saw me driving a small vehicle that was like a centipede on wheels down a nearly vacant street in a town neighboring the one I grew up in. Everywhere, there was chaos. People were having their homes invaded by the worms. It reminded me of a recurring apocalyptic dream I used to have in which everyone in the world had become zombies, although I still didn't perceive that I was dreaming.

In the last image I recall vividly, I came to a plaza area parking lot in which the worms had actually possessed people---or maybe they had become people---and I saw a police officer viciously shoot down one such person. I remember feeling reassured that these worm things could be killed, but all that changed when I saw thousands of these golden worms moving through the air. And I knew they were all after me. It was then that I woke up.
Interesting dream....I don't know what the worms represent, but it sounds like your witnessing some type of consuming, or invasion. (possibly economic,spiritual events)Then again, it could be just too much zombie theater when you were a kid....laugh

Recurring themes in dreams usually represent especially persistent problems. That is why they recur. The worms in the dream, in this context, would represent the same thing that the zombies in previous dreams indicate.

This problem would seem to have persisted for years, although it's likely not that urgent, given the fact that I don't dream the theme regularly (just once every so often).

Perhaps it is a reflection of an invading force in my life, although one that I cannot pinpoint...

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 11/28/09 06:53 PM

there was a time whan I was younger,

I had a floor to ceiling mirror leaning against the wall in my bedroom. One night I dreamed that there was a monster or demon or something really really evil standing over my bed reaching for me

and then I forced myself to wake up and I SWEAR I saw some kind of a shadow dive into the mirror and the surface of the glass rippled like water for about a minute as I watched it. and I WAS definitley awake cause of all the adrenaline

to this day I will not allow a mirror in my bedroom and wont sleep in a room with a mirror

Several nights ago, I had a dream, and I do not recall the content or even the nature of the dream. But when I woke up, I saw a bright figure standing at the foot of my bed. The "person" was of below average height and build (perhaps a few inches taller than me), feminine, and otherwise had no visible features. Perceptually, it was like looking at a person while also looking into the sun.

Immediately upon seeing this vision, I panicked, thinking someone had stolen into my room at night (despite the fact that my door was securely locked and I own the only existing key). My second reaction was of anger, and I quickly sat up in bed and raced to the foot of it to confront the intruder. As I brought my face to within an inch of that of the invader, the apparition disappeared. As it did so, I realized that I had been dreaming, but was now awake. The apparition was merely a product of my dream mind, and was no more real than any dream, although it certainly seemed real for that moment, and I can still vividly recall the sight of it.

Such occurrences are not uncommon to me, and to many dreamers. They are simply a manifestation of a mind slow to wake, thus dream elements bleed over into the real world in the time it takes to fully awaken.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 11/24/09 04:06 PM

First of all. How big a harddrive have you got? When was the last time that you did a defagmentation and a clean up of it? You can also try turning off your firewall as well, as AVG 8.5 and 9 may not install on your system with your firewall running. Also what programe are you currently running, XP Home Edition, XP Pro, Vista, or 7?. I know that AVG will not run properly on Windows 7 as I have tried it and I found that I had a really bad time trying to get it to run properly.
You can try a disk clean in the property section of you harddrive, but you will have to restart your pc and let it run its course. It depends on how big your hardrive is and how much you have on it to how long it will take to finish. I do mine once a month and I have no trouble with this pc that I am useing and I am useing XP Home Edition on this one, but I am running Windows 7 on one of my other pc's and still do a disk clean up once a month on it.
I hope that I have helped in some little way and I wish you luck. Let me know how you get on with it as I am interested on how you get on.

1) My hard drive is 80 gbs.

2)The little balloon in the lower right prompts me continuously, yet I have progressively less and less space on my computer (if I am to believe the little balloon).

3) I think I've Windows XP. But I've never had a problem running avg before.

I just thought of something. Could it be that my cache is merely full and needs to be emptied? If so, how might I accomplish this?

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 11/24/09 02:43 AM
mad mad I am trying to download AVG Free 9.0. Whenever I go to the setup menu and hit "run" it begins and immediately aborts as an obnoxious balloon I've been getting for months insists that my hard drive is full and needs to be purged.

It just now dawns on me that the balloon may be a manifestation of a virus, and a serious one. It pops up every time I run a video. When I click the disc icon it raises a menu of temporary files, etc, except on occasions when a pop up appears telling me its cleaning my drive without me having made any such command (or even given a prompt).

After it does this, I get a pop up telling me that my C-drive has dangerously low space (always with an accompanied random number) and imploring me to go to add/delete programs to delete non essentials.

I suspect I've some malicious software, but I don't know what to do, as any attempt to download anti virus software appears to be prevented. Is my assessment accurate? Am I hopelessly and utterly fracked or is there something I can do?

mad mad

Blaze1978's photo
Mon 11/23/09 10:26 PM
A few nights ago I had a horrible nightmare. In it, I was not myself, I was someone else. There were other people, and we were a family, but it wasn't people that are in my family. Nonetheless, I felt assured that these were my family members, and I was comfortable with them. The house we were in was foreign, a house I had never before been in, but it felt familiar at the same time.

Abruptly, the room we were in was filled with these semi transluscent golden worms. Dozens, maybe hundreds of them. The squirmed toward anything that was alive. They could pass through solid objects, they could enter people and do something to them, but I did not know what.

In the next image, I was hiding in a bathtub. The next saw me driving a small vehicle that was like a centipede on wheels down a nearly vacant street in a town neighboring the one I grew up in. Everywhere, there was chaos. People were having their homes invaded by the worms. It reminded me of a recurring apocalyptic dream I used to have in which everyone in the world had become zombies, although I still didn't perceive that I was dreaming.

In the last image I recall vividly, I came to a plaza area parking lot in which the worms had actually possessed people---or maybe they had become people---and I saw a police officer viciously shoot down one such person. I remember feeling reassured that these worm things could be killed, but all that changed when I saw thousands of these golden worms moving through the air. And I knew they were all after me. It was then that I woke up.

Blaze1978's photo
Wed 11/18/09 02:05 AM
The Ring, The Eye and Silent Hill.

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 11/15/09 06:53 PM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Sun 11/15/09 06:54 PM
No recurring dreams, just recurring themes.

The most recurrent theme involves myself being persecuted, usually by male strangers. Typically, I react with great rage and become physically violent, at which point the stranger becomes passive and lets me beat the crap out of them.

One old recurring dream that I rarely seem to have anymore had me either trapped in an elevator with no control over the elevator's functions or continuously compelled to board an elevator, and then becoming trapped.

I dream a lot about being in a common area in my undies or entirely naked. My initial reaction is always of shock and embarrassment, but as I realize that other people in the dream are oblivious to my unclothed status, I eventually become oblivious too.

Then there are the Batman dreams...usually I'm Batman, but last night I dreamed I was the Joker and I broke out of Arkham Asylum by disguising myself as Batman...

They say that most men dream about sex virtually every night. I have extraordinary dream recall (frequently either remembering up to 5-6 dreams per night or having their impression), but I rarely dream about sex. When I do dream about it, it is always someone other than me doing it...I'm always watching, while they are oblivious to me...and I'm always outraged that they would be carrying on right in front of me.

The most sinister dreams have me alone in a very large, unfamiliar and usually dark house. Sometimes I wander in the house for what seems like hours before I awaken.

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 11/14/09 08:50 PM
Depends.

The old WWF No Mercy for N64 was debatably the best wrestling video game ever conceived. I particularly liked it for its create a wrestler function and the fact you could fight backstage.

Now and again, I pick up a Smackdown vs Raw game. Generally only for the create functions, which I spend most of my hours on the game doing.

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 11/14/09 04:52 PM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Sat 11/14/09 04:53 PM

Make no mistake about it, the Hogan signing will one day be looked upon as either the beginning of a glorious future for TNA, or the beginning of events that led to its ultimate demise.

I guess time will tell, but I am not liking the early results. Word is that Hogan is interested in bringing The Nasty Boys to TNA, and possibly Randy Savage as well. This is what Hogan does. He uses his influence to pull political strings in order to get a plethora of his cronies (most of whom are washed up mid-carders who cannot threaten him politically), then starts about undermining the real power players---as in the guys that can wrestle, and therefore make him look bad simply via comparison.

TNA, do not let this guy's power get out of hand...but what am I saying, this guy already has a minority stake in the company. I guess our only hope is that Hogan cares enough about his investment in TNA to actually try to help the company succeed without deluding himself into believing that it can succeed on the power of Hulkamania alone. I fear I may be asking too much. I guess we'll see how events unfold.

Hogan is the biggest egomaniac in the business. There is no way he will be able to keep himself from doing the same things he has always done.

It doesn't surprise me that he wants to bring the Nasty Boyz in...after all...one of 'em is his best friend in the world.

If they, and Savage come into TNA...then the writing is on the wall and TNA will, indeed, go the way of WCW.

I'll admit I'm a bit worried. Still, I think it's a bit soon to be foreshadowing the demise of TNA.

Of course, these things I mentioned are still just rumors. Nasty Boys aside, there's no indication as of yet whether Savage is even interested in returning to wrestling.

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 11/13/09 11:59 AM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Fri 11/13/09 12:00 PM
Make no mistake about it, the Hogan signing will one day be looked upon as either the beginning of a glorious future for TNA, or the beginning of events that led to its ultimate demise.

I guess time will tell, but I am not liking the early results. Word is that Hogan is interested in bringing The Nasty Boys to TNA, and possibly Randy Savage as well. This is what Hogan does. He uses his influence to pull political strings in order to get a plethora of his cronies (most of whom are washed up mid-carders who cannot threaten him politically), then starts about undermining the real power players---as in the guys that can wrestle, and therefore make him look bad simply via comparison.

TNA, do not let this guy's power get out of hand...but what am I saying, this guy already has a minority stake in the company. I guess our only hope is that Hogan cares enough about his investment in TNA to actually try to help the company succeed without deluding himself into believing that it can succeed on the power of Hulkamania alone. I fear I may be asking too much. I guess we'll see how events unfold.

Blaze1978's photo
Thu 11/12/09 08:41 PM
The end is coming...

And we, as human beings, are arrogant enough to think we know the exact date. This December 2012 crap is utter nonsense. When the end comes, it will come in a way that either none of us anticipate, or that a select few of us that the rest of the world will deem crackpots may anticipate.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25