Community > Posts By > Blaze1978

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 04/18/09 01:49 PM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Sat 04/18/09 01:50 PM
A number of wrestlers used the piledriver in between Longson and Orndorff. The most notable was Jerry Lawler. Actually one of the biggest old-school trends was how the piledriver was illegal in Memphis rings because of its effects. Lol, in 1982, Lawler even used his piledriver on Andy Kaufman, and Kaufman sold it like he was dead, which was how much respect that man had for wrestling.:smile:

At about the same time Orndorff adopted the piledriver in the WWF, Dynamite Kid was using a really brutal version in Japan that a lot of wrestlers were nervous about taking.

And then of course, there was the tombstone variation of the piledriver, which was used by Harley Race and Tiger Mask many years before The Undertaker popularized it. WWE doesn't acknowledge that either. They've never been very big on acknowledging history as far as other promotions, although they've relaxed that stance a bit in recent years.

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 04/18/09 01:43 PM

Go to foureyes, or some other place that sells glasses 2/$69. I have 4 pairs or regular glasses, and one pair that has tinted add-ons.

Problem is, I have a very specific prescription. I have lazy eye...each of my lens is a different strength, so regular glasses won't do.

I guess my crude tape job will suffice until I can find suitable replacements...the scary thing is, taping them would not have occurred to me had Phuque not suggested it.

Hey man! Don't blame it on me! :laughing: But I'm sure you look tres sexy with the tape job!

Now all he needs is a pocket protector and a slide-rule.. Hubba Hubba..bigsmile

laugh

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 04/18/09 12:33 PM

Go to foureyes, or some other place that sells glasses 2/$69. I have 4 pairs or regular glasses, and one pair that has tinted add-ons.

Problem is, I have a very specific prescription. I have lazy eye...each of my lens is a different strength, so regular glasses won't do.

I guess my crude tape job will suffice until I can find suitable replacements...the scary thing is, taping them would not have occurred to me had Phuque not suggested it.

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 04/18/09 12:30 PM
Man...this is one bad tape job...tears frustrated

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 04/18/09 12:12 PM
You mean, tape my glasses together? Lol, my frame fractured on the side rather than in the middle...Maybe I'll go find some tape and sport the nerd look indoors so I can actually do things on the computer without straining my eyes.:smile:

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 04/18/09 12:07 PM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Sat 04/18/09 12:08 PM
If by seeing, you mean perceive fuzzy objects surrounding me, then yes, I can see, lol.

Actually, it's not as bad as I make it sound. Certain things like staring at a computer screen or typing (I'm relying heavily right now on my memory of where the keys on my computer are, as they tend to blur together when I look at them) are quite awkward though.

Cross your fingers that I can get a new pair within the next week...the optometrists don't like it when I visit them more than once every two years, and my two years isn't up until early June.

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 04/18/09 12:00 PM

Paul Orndorf - the creator of the PILE DRIVER
The Bushwackers - loved the suspenders and dance.

What was the Iron Skiek's tag team partner's name???

For the record, Bill Longson was the first wrestler known to have used the piledriver, way back in the 1930s.

Iron Sheik's WWF tag championship partner in 1985-87 was Nikolai Volkoff.

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 04/18/09 11:58 AM
They just fell apart when I tried to take them off my face to go to bed last night.

I feel so naked without them!

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 04/17/09 11:42 PM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Fri 04/17/09 11:43 PM
It's like that stupid commercial about the Axe deoderant, the one that says, "If you can't remember the night before," and subtley infers that if you buy their products, it will justify anything you might have done the night before and cure anything you might have contracted the night before.

I hate Axe so much that I think I'm going to have an anal evacuation in their honor.explode

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 04/17/09 11:25 PM

Talk to Hulk and his daughter in numerous occassions in South Beach, Miami as they often visit Lincoln Road for shopping.

I keep telling him that the Ultimate Warrior is no joke. He doesn't like to hear that, but to get out of the bad side with him I tell him that picking up Andre the Giant is probably worse then giving birth at the time. Let alone the smell one would have to endurelaugh

He laughs at that. drinker

He was actually obsessed for a time with undermining the Warrior's place in history, and is very resentful of his loss to Warrior at WrestleMania.

I myself never thought too highly of the Warrior for the most part. He has often been criticized as being long on gimmick and short on talent...but I admit I was a huge Warrior fan as a kid.:smile:

You can actually watch all these wrestling matches on youtube. I enjoy the 80s more then what they show today. Mainly it is my fault because I don't keep up anymore. If I would have kept up, I would recognize all the wrestlers.

I still recognize the Undertaker as he is still wrestling. Sheesh how old is he now??

Hulk would wrestler but he has bad knees and age is a factor. His body is just not what it use to be, although still a pretty big man. He dwarf's most people in Lincoln Road.

His daughter also is a big eye popper for most people to when she walks down Lincoln Road in South Beach.

Yeah, it takes years to catch up...when I started watching Japanese wrestling years back, I only knew about a third of the wrestlers by sight, I had heard of a lot of the other guys, but had no faces to attach to those names. Making it harder for me was the fact that Japanese announcing of the names is sometimes difficult to make out.

Now I know every notable Japan worker as well as I know the local wrestlers.

As for Brooke, I never understood people's attraction...I mean, she's got a bit too much of the Hogan chin in my view, but that's just my opinion.

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 04/17/09 07:04 PM

Talk to Hulk and his daughter in numerous occassions in South Beach, Miami as they often visit Lincoln Road for shopping.

I keep telling him that the Ultimate Warrior is no joke. He doesn't like to hear that, but to get out of the bad side with him I tell him that picking up Andre the Giant is probably worse then giving birth at the time. Let alone the smell one would have to endurelaugh

He laughs at that. drinker

He was actually obsessed for a time with undermining the Warrior's place in history, and is very resentful of his loss to Warrior at WrestleMania.

I myself never thought too highly of the Warrior for the most part. He has often been criticized as being long on gimmick and short on talent...but I admit I was a huge Warrior fan as a kid.:smile:

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 04/17/09 07:00 PM

I have a friend who can't get the control right to the game. He says the darn man always squats like he wants to take a dump or something. He can't get him to jump or do anything special and gave up on it the first 10 minuteslaugh

The control can be tricky, you're right. Even now, as many times as I've finished the game, Altair sometimes hops on a box instead of stealth killing a templar, and inexplicably refuses to climb the rare buggy wall, despite there being obvious handholds. It works beautifully for the most part though.

And once you have the control scheme down, your power is almost god-like.

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 04/17/09 06:55 PM

I played it a couple of times, but it got boring real fast and I ended up getting rid of it.

The most important thing you can do in the game is to always be in "defensive" position when you're in fight mode- that way, you can counter whatever the adversary you're fighting against with little trouble. Short of that, you're pretty much screwed- you can't just go hackin' and slashin' like Jason Voorhees.

It's possible to be more offensive as your assassin levels up. With proper timing, one can actually deflect a guard's sword (without having to wait for the guard to strike) and do a cool impalement, or even break his legs (or stab him in the head with the short blade).

With precision and luck, it's possible to win a fight being entirely offensive minded. I can rapidly kill six or seven guards that way. Of course, this isn't possible with the more skilled adversaries, such as the templars or the assassination targets. But remember, Altair is an assassin, so one shouldn't expect him to go Conan the Barbarian all the time. Defense as needed is to be expected.

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 04/17/09 05:18 PM

Fritz Von Eric

Bulldog Danny Fletchis

Spoiler #1 and #2

Playboy Gary Hart

sorry, I quit watching wrasslin in the 70's
Von Eric rocked man! he was the Texas Tornado!
drinker

Sorry to nitpick, but Kerry Von Erich was The Texas Tornado. Fritz was Kerry's dad.:smile:

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 04/17/09 05:12 PM
Is anyone playin' it? I'm in the process of playing for the umpteenth time, and this is my best playthrough, with some of my most awesome kills ever. A few of those kills:

-Tamir fell before my hidden blade as easily as ever. I just stood there while blending, and waited for him to come to me.

-Garnier actually figured out my intent a split second before I would have ended his life. Usually I kill him with more stealth. Oh well, grab him, throw him to the ground, hidden blade him, and he's as dead as Tamir.

-Talel stood no chance in our chase, and even less this time. I anticipated his drop from the rooftops before he did, and when he jumped, it put him right in my path. Easy kill.

-Abul Nuquod, the Merchant King, gave me a bit more trouble than he usually does. Took me three tries to get it right. The first try, I jumped from the statue to the structure on the left and was almost upon him before he knew he was in danger, but the guards fought me off. Wanting to do it better (I am a bit of a perfectionist), I reloaded and this time accidentally jumped into the water while trying to take a shortcut to cut the Merchant King off (lol, that was bad). On the third try, I cut around the guards efficiently enough and had Abul before he could escape the palace and run into the streets.

-William of Montferrat didn't take any notice as I fought an angry group of guards just a few feet above where he was lecturing his troops. In order to get on with my work, I threw every guard to the ground and finished him off with the hidden blade. Killing eight or so like this, I dropped onto the platform right above William's head, with William none the wiser, and stealth assassinated him while he *****ed.

-Majd Addin usually proves a bit of a challenge because he's so well guarded. A few times previously, I was exposed when the wandering drunk shoved me while I was trying to get to the scholars, and I'd have to fight my way to him. Or sometimes, when I was crawling over the wall as another way to the scholars, a guard would see me. On this occasion, I managed to get to the scholars by crawling over the wall. It was a simple thing to blend with the scholars as far as the execution platform where Addin was standing, but initially, he wasn't close enough to assure a stealthy kill. So I followed the scholars back to the starting point (they knocked platform's only guard off to join the other guards on the ground, which would help my cause). When the scholars made their rounds back to the platform, Addin was close enough to get at, on the first try. It was a poetic enough victory, given how many times this one has given me problems in the past.

-Jubair was a lot of fun. He had eight or so apostles that look similar to him, and they all went to different parts of the city to burn books. I had killed all the rooftop guards beforehand, so there was none to alert anyone of my presence when I silently ran across the rooftops and picked off every member of Jubair's team from above with throwing knives. Not once were the guards able to so much as locate me after a kill, and it was amusing for me to watch them crowd around each body and yell, "Where are you? I know you must be here somewhere." I'd kill an agent silently and melt into the shadows, like Batman. Incidentally, I happened upon Jubair himself lastly out of chance, and finally revealed myself by jumping out of hiding and slitting his throat. It was like something out of a movie.

-Sibrand was another who used to be difficult because he'd inevitably see me before I reached his ship, and would then lead me on a merry chase throughout the castle ramparts and into the streets. Not this time. This time, I took a more indirect route to the stern of the ship and killed him before he knew I was there, giving him no chance to run away. Funnily enough, it was several minutes before the guards even realized he was dead.

Anyone else a practised killer who would share tales of their deeds in Assassin's Creed?

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 04/17/09 04:27 PM
One other I neglected to mention: Tiger Mask!!!!!!!!!!

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 04/17/09 04:26 PM

rofl rofl rofl Rick Flare "If you want to be the man you have to bet the man":banana: :banana: :banana: rofl rofl scared scared

In my opinion, Ric Flair was the greatest wrestler to have ever lived...although Kurt Angle has arguably matched his accomplishments.

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 04/17/09 04:25 PM

I used to love Jimmy Fly snuka and the rest of them like Macho man Randy savage....!

who did you like?

Big Van Vader, Randy Savage, Arn Anderson, Sabu and Brock Lesnar are a few of my favorites from way back.

Also, does anyone remember the old tag teams such as Demolition, The Road Warriors, the Steiners, etc? Another big part of my early fanhood.

Not a big fan of Jimmy Snuka. Not since I heard that he might have murdered his girlfriend.indifferent

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 04/17/09 04:19 PM
Watching random videos all night on youtube.

Searching random historical stuff on wikipedia.

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 04/17/09 04:16 PM

flowerforyou What is the most irritating invention of all time?flowerforyou

Spyware.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25