Community > Posts By > Blaze1978

Blaze1978's photo
Wed 04/15/09 02:27 PM

^^^I stand corrected! I cant say i have watched a wrestling match since i was a teenager. It doesnt interest me, these days the ballet would actually be more appealing.

All i know is that there is no competition, and therefore is not a sport. Thats my opinion and im sticking to it.

Well that's your opinion...but it's only an opinion.

You leave a site for a few days expecting a topic to have ended, come back, and there it is.laugh

It always boggles my mind that any discussion on any aspect of wrestling, as far as these forums go, inevitably disintegrates into an argument of what is and isn't real, whether wrestling is a sport, etc. To me, a non-wrestling fan entering a wrestling topic to state that it's not real is neither informative or likely to get you on the good side of the wrestling fans discussing the topic.

It's imflammatory. To me, it would be no different than me entering a football related discussion and heaping dung on that game because I happen not to be a fan. Obviously, that would be disrespectful to football fans, regardless of my views on football, and for that reason, I would not do it.

Entering a wrestling topic just to tell us it's fixed is like entering a topic about the sky in order to leave a post stating that it's blue.

If you feel disrespected because i entered into a discussion about wrestling, then thats your problem.

I have actually stated more than once that i appreciate there is a lot of skill and athleticism in it.

Just because im not a fan doesnt mean i cant have an opinion on it, or do not know anything about it. I might not know MUCH about it, but i do know its not a sport. Thats is my only point, it is not a sport.

If you wanna call it a sport go ahead, but no matter how many people call it a sport, its not a proper sport.

Its a show.

That's all fine and dandy, but for once, I'd like to enter a topic discussion about wrestling, and just discuss what it says in the title.

Blaze1978's photo
Wed 04/15/09 11:03 AM

^^^I stand corrected! I cant say i have watched a wrestling match since i was a teenager. It doesnt interest me, these days the ballet would actually be more appealing.

All i know is that there is no competition, and therefore is not a sport. Thats my opinion and im sticking to it.

Well that's your opinion...but it's only an opinion.

You leave a site for a few days expecting a topic to have ended, come back, and there it is.laugh

It always boggles my mind that any discussion on any aspect of wrestling, as far as these forums go, inevitably disintegrates into an argument of what is and isn't real, whether wrestling is a sport, etc. To me, a non-wrestling fan entering a wrestling topic to state that it's not real is neither informative or likely to get you on the good side of the wrestling fans discussing the topic.

It's imflammatory. To me, it would be no different than me entering a football related discussion and heaping dung on that game because I happen not to be a fan. Obviously, that would be disrespectful to football fans, regardless of my views on football, and for that reason, I would not do it.

Entering a wrestling topic just to tell us it's fixed is like entering a topic about the sky in order to leave a post stating that it's blue.

Blaze1978's photo
Thu 04/09/09 02:31 PM
The real ECW was bankrupted by the combined onslaught of WWE (then the WWF) and WCW in 2001.

If you want to see Foley, simply tune into TNA.

Blaze1978's photo
Thu 04/09/09 02:22 PM

I don't know about dream readers. I do know how to close my eyes and leave things behind. What I can't do is hide from the physical pain I have to endure for medical reasons. It blocks my ability to escape to another place.

Ok...That was random...

Blaze1978's photo
Wed 04/08/09 06:40 PM
No link...sorry...

I found out about it through a video on yahoo news, but its gone now. A general search on the net turns up nothing, I'm afraid.

Blaze1978's photo
Wed 04/08/09 10:47 AM
I do believe that WrestleMania, Taker-Michaels notwithstanding, reaffirms my position as a TNA fan. To judge from recent WWE pay-per-views, the things that turned me off to WWE years ago are still evident.grumble

Oh well, there are plenty of alternatives out there.

Blaze1978's photo
Wed 04/08/09 10:38 AM
Wow, I guess no one cares???

Blaze1978's photo
Wed 04/08/09 12:36 AM

If I was really evil and had space traveling capacities and I wanted to conquer the earth, putting a huge asteroid in orbit around the earth would be a viable threat for me to take total control of the planet. It would be a "do as I say or kiss North America good bye," as I nudged a huge asteroid into place to make good on that threat.

Being "evil" comes from lack of empathy , luck of understanding and fear of the unknown.

An alien race so advanced, that capable traveling light years have an entire different mindset and intelligence way beyond our thinking.
you must not leave out the fact, that our "evilness" comes from the behavior of trying to control plus add the ones I listed above.

The truth is, we are miserable little creatures that just can't get away from the fact that we are all the same and to tell you the truth..if i would be an extraterrestrial being, I would say the contact has to be put on hold. Fighting over oil and various other resources and mass killing people paints a picture of a being who is still not grown up enough.
We're getting close though...it's our job to convince and if must- force- our governments to stop undermining, killing and waging wars with others for wealth and money, especially if this wealth and money is an illusion and short lived anyway.

There are other forms of evil.

Greed being one.

If an alien force was determined to wipe us out, religion might also play a factor. But without an awareness of how an alien society works, and without any knowledge of what motivates an entirely foreign alien people, how can we just assume their social protocol mimick or mirror ours?

Their idea of good and evil could be very simplistic, in spite of their technology. Good might amount to, "we're going to wipe out all forms of intelligent life we find because we are the only ones worthy of existing."

Since anything alien is probably as different from us as we are from trees, how can one predict how the mind of an alien species would evolve?

Blaze1978's photo
Wed 04/08/09 12:28 AM

Here is the reality of UFO's and the threat they pose. Since they can travel space in ways we cannot they hold the high ground. Strap thrusters on a big enough rock and nudge it into earth's orbit and you got an effective planet killer without resorting to nuclear weapons and the resulting pollution. All our best nukes could do to stop an attack like that is NOTHING!

Something just occurred to me. We have always assumed UFOs are capable of interplanetary travel. It seems obvious that if they're here, then they must be.

However...

Has no one ever considered the possibility that such an alien vessel might not travel through space at all? Maybe UFOs are capable of focusing wormholes at precise locations. Maybe...just maybe...they could direct such a phenomenon from their world to earth. If such is true, then UFOs may not be capable of interplanetary flight, as we've assumed, and may not even be built to resist the pressures of space.

Has anyone ever actually seen a UFO flying through space?

If my theory sounds farfetched, keep in mind their technology far surpasses what we're capable of, and their knowledge I think might disprove some of our theories about how the physical universe works...if we had all the answers, would it not be us in the saucerlike spacecraft and plotting domination of foreign worlds?

Blaze1978's photo
Wed 04/08/09 12:08 AM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Wed 04/08/09 12:08 AM
Does anyone know anything about that dream technology they're developing in Japan? Japanese scientists are developing a machine that is in the early stages that even now has a rudimentary ability to analyze activity in the brain and transmit it as a crude digital representation.

Supposedly, the technology will have many applications. By analyzing data collected from the brain in this way, someday it will be possible to record one's dreams and play it back.

Of course, it could also be used in reading images from the conscious mind...bringing up questions regarding ethics.

Nonetheless, such technology that would empower one to potentially watch dreams the dreamer may have forgotten is fascinating. I've long hoped for such a device to be created in my lifetime.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 04/07/09 11:58 PM
A few years after I began elementary school, my best friend's younger sister developed a thing for me. She was mentally handicapped though. Obviously I was a little young anyway.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 04/07/09 09:32 PM

Wasn't there research done proving that you don't really need 8 glasses a day? Did someone not actually die from drinking too much water?

It's kinda hard for me to believe that if you can get by on 4 or 5 glasses a day, you need as much as 8.

Plus, bottled water is bad for ya. Don't drink it.bigsmile

I retain water, so 8 glasses a day? Not a good idea.

Just for your information, most people who retain water do so because they do not get enough water each day. If the body doesn't have enough water to flush the sodium and other toxins out of the body it causes retention.

spock I did not know that...But I'm sure there are other reasons for water retention. Personally, my salt intake is very high, and I think that's a factor in terms of my water retention.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 04/07/09 09:14 PM
Today I walked 10 blocks to the store and picked out groceries before realizing that, while my wallet was in my pocket, my money was at home.

Took over 40 minutes to walk home, get my money, then walk back to the store.

Then they tell me that "You were gone too long, we put everything back so it wouldn't get damaged." Even the non-frozen goods. Stupid people.

Wasted an entire evening pretty much with this crap. If I ever needed a stress center, it is now.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 04/07/09 09:06 PM

I didn't watch it because it would have broken my heart to sit there and see Ricky Steamboat and Jimmy Snuka and Hot Rod show their age.....I had crushes on all three of them and to see them with grey hair....:cry: :cry:

Actually, Steamboat made an amazing showing for someone who is middle-aged.

Granted, I doubt he could ever wrestle the way he did in 94, his last year in wrestling before he retired because of a bad back.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 04/07/09 09:03 PM

Ok, now that that's out of my system, onto the original reason I clicked on this topic...

What is everybody's thought s on the Undertaker-Shawn Michaels classic? Best match ever? (and I say this as a TNA fan)

Honestly, I've never seen two wrestlers abuse each other like this...or I guess you could say abuse themselves. When Michaels missed an out-of-the-ring moonsault onto Taker and fell 12 feet to the arena floor, I thought he'd be counted out, but he got up.

But I've never seen anything like Taker's insane dive out of the ring. He missed Michaels completely, banging head first into the arena floor like a lawn dart.

For all you wrestling bashers out there, try faking gravity. Because the force gravity exerts on a 300+ pound form that takes a 12-foot drop onto his head with nothing between his face and the concrete floor but half an inch of padding is unmistakeable. Taker's head left a distinct crater in the padding, yet he got up in a glassy-eyed state and continued to wrestle for 10-15 minutes. I gained a whole new respect for Undertaker right there.

For the drama of the match, yes. It was one of the best ever.

For the actual wrestling, no. It wasn't.

It had good moments, but the " submission " moves were so badly done, except for Undertaker's Hell's Gate choke hold that I sat there for most of the match in a state of " Come on. I KNOW these two are better than that.

The Figure 4 Shawn put on 'Taker looked terrible, and the " crossface " was even worse.

Wow, justaguy, I'm shocked by your opinion.

I'm as difficult to please as the next wrestling fan, but I thought Taker-Michaels could make a strong case for match of the decade.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 04/07/09 06:42 PM
Ok, now that that's out of my system, onto the original reason I clicked on this topic...

What is everybody's thought s on the Undertaker-Shawn Michaels classic? Best match ever? (and I say this as a TNA fan)

Honestly, I've never seen two wrestlers abuse each other like this...or I guess you could say abuse themselves. When Michaels missed an out-of-the-ring moonsault onto Taker and fell 12 feet to the arena floor, I thought he'd be counted out, but he got up.

But I've never seen anything like Taker's insane dive out of the ring. He missed Michaels completely, banging head first into the arena floor like a lawn dart.

For all you wrestling bashers out there, try faking gravity. Because the force gravity exerts on a 300+ pound form that takes a 12-foot drop onto his head with nothing between his face and the concrete floor but half an inch of padding is unmistakeable. Taker's head left a distinct crater in the padding, yet he got up in a glassy-eyed state and continued to wrestle for 10-15 minutes. I gained a whole new respect for Undertaker right there.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 04/07/09 06:33 PM

sport (spôrt, sprt)
n.

Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

Rules? Nope... Competitive? Scripted...

Not a sport.

I'd say this is closer to ballet than being a sport.

"Often engaged in competitively."

Keyword often...encourages a bit of interpretation.

All sports have their unique classification. Poker is considered a sport, even though there's no athletic element. Car racing is considered a sport, even though it's just driving around in circles.

And now I'm doing exactly what I said I wouldn't, but I can't seem to help it.

As I said, organized sports have their signature classifications. You have team sports. You have mind sports. You have motor sports. The list goes on. Wrestling simply belongs in a classification apart from those others.

It boggles my mind how so many people can claim its not a sport when it is impossible to argue that a strong athletic aspect is involved.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 04/07/09 06:27 PM

it is a sport as it is a skilled physical activity if u like it or not, its still a sport! they have to keep in great shape to perform all the stuff they do, so it must take alot of hard work

Its nothing to do with whether i like it or not, it is not a sport.

I didnt say it wasnt skillful, or even entertaining.

For it to be a sport, there needs to be competition. The winner is decided beforehand.

You're wrong. For it to be a sport, it must involve athletes. As anyone thinking rationally will tell you, wrestlers are athletes.

I'm not really interested in getting into yet another argument about whether wrestling is or isn't a sport, so I'll leave it at that.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 04/07/09 06:20 PM

I went to Wrestlemania on Sunday. It was pretty fun. Even though it is fake, I have to tell you its one show to watch.drinker

I'm one wrestling fan who would undoubtedly not be classified as a WWE fan.

However, I do make it a point to see WrestleMania every year. Taken overall, this year's card just does not stack up well with previous 'Manias, notably 3, 10 and 19.

But it did have it's moments. The Shawn Michaels-Undertaker match was incredible, undoubtedly one of the most dramatic matches I've ever seen. Hardy vs Hardy was entertaining, and the Money In The Bank ladder match was a good effort.

Way too much filler this year though. The Kid Rock concert was boring. The Divas battle royal? Lame. Anyone who thinks WWE's Divas match up particularly well with TNA's Knockouts should have their head checked for possible tumors.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 03/31/09 09:40 PM
(sigh) I wish my landlord allowed cats...grumble tears

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25