Community > Posts By > splendidlife

splendidlife's photo
Mon 11/10/08 02:20 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Mon 11/10/08 02:21 PM

okay you can return to the original topic anytime. i made a satan thread so i wont bother you with that rebellious angel talk.

The original post was more of a statement than a topic. She was merely acknowledging her creator & giving him thanks & praise. Not much more to talk about.

Thats not Actuly correct.
By saying OUR god is an awesome god you are implying that everyone elses god is not.
And my question still stands, is that the case?

How is that implying anything...

Are you not part of OUR...

this would tend to include god-as-you-see-it in the statement that OUR god is awesome.

And ain't it the truth...

Awesome describes that which is...

No, I am not part of OUR.

If I said OUR football team is an awesome team.
And then said well, by OUR team I mean all football teams,how would that make any sense?
OUR implys a select group.
So,I doubt very much that when a Christian says OUR god is awesome they are includeing satanists or Hindus.
Or are their gods awesome also?

I know it "feels" like football teams, but it is not.

Differing beliefs can't actually create as many differing realities, can they?

Or can they???? :wink:

If we all have different creators, the only way this logic would hold up is if EACH OF US WAS GOD!

flowers

We live in the sea of reality...

Each of us IS god...

Or at least the part of god that is in OUR part of reality.

I concur!
:banana:

splendidlife's photo
Mon 11/10/08 02:16 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Mon 11/10/08 02:18 PM

What IS Truth ?

or rather ....

WHO Is Truth ?

Jesus said,

" I AM

The WAY...

The TRUTH....

The LIFE.....

NO Man

NO Man

NO Man

NO Man.......

Can Come to the Father

BUT... BY .... ME ...."

Was Jesus LYING?

:heart::heart::heart:

Would jesus deni someone worthy... Yet they have become worthy on their own... with out his name but by his message...

I don't think so.
slaphead

Would you lord deni that person...

splendidlife's photo
Mon 11/10/08 02:09 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Mon 11/10/08 02:10 PM

when Adam and Eve bit from the forbidden fruit and was exile from the garden of Eden was it because they now retained the knowledge of technology

the camera has now become the eyes of morality and have replace the eyes of God ..people will commit sin in front of God without hesitation but will think twice before they attempt to do so in front of a camera

the faithful pray to god to receive the power to be healed but yet go to the doctor to receive the healing power of technology which seems more like a contradiction of faith

God has never healed an amputee or potential amputee but technology has or will ..technology can create life and in some cases bring the dead back to life.. the hand of technology to heal has now replace the hand of God

technology has become "I Am"

Technology is but a passing phase in the long view...

It is but a stone before the leap into the next point in our journey.

When we can grow our houses without it we will no longer need it.

It will have served its purpose.

What will we do with it then?

I get a strong sense that all of this material technology will somehow be integrated into our advancing telekinetic capabilities.

Actually, instead of these capabilities being integrated, perhaps they (already existing) will somehow finally be accessed telekinetically.
:wink:

splendidlife's photo
Mon 11/10/08 02:06 PM

when Adam and Eve bit from the forbidden fruit and was exile from the garden of Eden was it because they now retained the knowledge of technology

the camera has now become the eyes of morality and have replace the eyes of God ..people will commit sin in front of God without hesitation but will think twice before they attempt to do so in front of a camera

the faithful pray to god to receive the power to be healed but yet go to the doctor to receive the healing power of technology which seems more like a contradiction of faith

God has never healed an amputee or potential amputee but technology has or will ..technology can create life and in some cases bring the dead back to life.. the hand of technology to heal has now replace the hand of God

technology has become "I Am"

Technology is but a passing phase in the long view...

It is but a stone before the leap into the next point in our journey.

When we can grow our houses without it we will no longer need it.

It will have served its purpose.

What will we do with it then?

I get a strong sense that all of this material technology will somehow be integrated into our advancing telekinetic capabilities.

splendidlife's photo
Mon 11/10/08 01:46 PM

In the words of the famous Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?" flowerforyou

In the words of rodney dangerfeild:

take my wife please!!!!

I thought that was Henny Youngman...

:tongue:

splendidlife's photo
Mon 11/10/08 11:57 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Mon 11/10/08 11:59 AM

glasses I've been reading about the Singularity.:smile:

"MirrorMirror" The One Singularity has become the Pagan Techno God of Deism
laugh Yeah, the Singularity is the Rapture for nerdslaugh

Fascinating Stuff:

http://www.faughnan.com/setifail.html
http://www.kurzweilai.net/meme/frame.html?m=1

splendidlife's photo
Mon 11/10/08 11:50 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Mon 11/10/08 12:12 PM

The Observer Idea

On the idea of an "observer manifested (or created) reality," the confusion lies with people who completely identify with the observer,and in the thinking that the "observer" is always a "human observer."

I'm going to go all spiritual on you now say that "THE OBSERVER" is what most people refer to as "GOD"

Having said that, I will also say that I believe the observer (God) has "eyes." Those "eyes" are the "creatures" and the lifeforms and the many worlds they inhabit.

So the very idea that this is an "observer created reality" is the same idea that this reality is "created" (or manifested) by God, who is the ultimate infinite awareness and "observer."

Each individual unit of awareness is an "eye" and an "observer."

Each person is an eye of the observer. Each creature is an eye of the observer.

But more than just an "eye" these units of awareness are exact copies of the original observer....and are in the process of manifesting these realities.

You manifest your reality, and you also aid in the manifestation and perpetuation of the collective reality.

You decide what is real in your reality, and with agreement, you and others decide what is real in the larger collective reality.

Yes, it is another way of saying that we are all connected, we are all manifesting our reality, we are all one, we are all god, etc etc etc.

This reality can not exist apart from the observer and it cannot exist apart from "God" the Prime Source, and the ultimate infinite observing awareness who lives in all things and is both the observer and the observed.

Like ants in a colony, building bridges and perpetuating ant communities out of their connectedness to one another, we ARE Prime Source and Prime Source is comprised of US.
:heart:

splendidlife's photo
Mon 11/10/08 11:42 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Mon 11/10/08 11:51 AM

okay you can return to the original topic anytime. i made a satan thread so i wont bother you with that rebellious angel talk.

The original post was more of a statement than a topic. She was merely acknowledging her creator & giving him thanks & praise. Not much more to talk about.

By saying OUR god is an awesome god you are implying that everyone elses god is not.

this would tend to include god-as-you-see-it in the statement that OUR god is awesome.

No, I am not part of OUR.

If I said OUR football team is an awesome team.
And then said well, by OUR team I mean all football teams,how would that make any sense?
OUR implys a select group.
So,I doubt very much that when a Christian says OUR god is awesome they are includeing satanists or Hindus.
Or are their gods awesome also?

I know it "feels" like football teams, but it is not.

Differing beliefs can't actually create as many differing realities, can they?

Or can they???? :wink:

If we all have different creators, the only way this logic would hold up is if EACH OF US WAS GOD!

flowers

splendidlife's photo
Mon 11/10/08 11:30 AM

What if the earth stood still for just one day and it dawned on ALL of Humankind that NO ONE IS WRONG?

you will be assimulated ....resistance is futile .... we are borg

laugh laugh laugh laugh

splendidlife's photo
Mon 11/10/08 11:15 AM

Since we all ARE...

I wanted to create a place where we could share each of us that part of our I am that makes us what we are.

Share with us small glimpses of the multi-faceted trillions of small points of light that make you what you are...

I am willing to start it...

I AM - the son of a man as was my father before me.:smile:

I AM the daughter of two Jazz Musicians (mother played trumpet and father played sax), sister to four sisters and one brother.

Two sisters passed away when I was a child.

All living siblings are Musicians.

splendidlife's photo
Mon 11/10/08 10:16 AM

Wouldn't it be cool if a verse could be added in which the lyrics poetically explained: "this would tend to include god-as-you-see-it in the statement that OUR god is awesome"?

laugh

splendidlife's photo
Mon 11/10/08 10:08 AM

updated 8:58 a.m. CT, Mon., Nov. 10, 2008

JERUSALEM - Israeli police rushed into one of Christianity's holiest churches Sunday and arrested two clergymen after an argument between monks erupted into a brawl next to the site of Jesus' tomb.

The clash between Armenian and Greek Orthodox monks broke out in the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, revered as the site of Jesus' crucifixion, burial and resurrection.

The brawling began during a procession of Armenian clergymen commemorating the 4th-century discovery of the cross believed to have been used to crucify Jesus.

The Greeks objected to the march without one of their monks present, fearing that otherwise, the procession would subvert their own claim to the Edicule — the ancient structure built on what is believed to be the tomb of Jesus — and give the Armenians a claim to the site.

The Armenians refused, and when they tried to march the Greek Orthodox monks blocked their way, sparking the brawl.

Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said police were forced to intervene after fighting was reported. They arrested two monks, one from each side, he said.

A bearded Armenian monk in a red-and-pink robe and a black-clad Greek Orthodox monk with a bloody gash on his forehead were both taken away in handcuffs after scuffling with dozens of riot police.

Turf fights common among Christian sects
Six Christian sects divide control of the ancient church. They regularly fight over turf and influence, and Israeli police are occasionally forced to intervene.

"We were keeping resistance so that the procession could not pass through ... and establish a right that they don't have," said a young Greek Orthodox monk with a cut next to his left eye.

The monk, who gave his name as Serafim, said he sustained the wound when an Armenian punched him from behind and broke his glasses.

Father Pakrat of the Armenian Patriarchate said the Greek demand was "against the status quo arrangement and against the internal arrangement of the Holy Sepulcher." He said the Greeks attacked first.

Archbishop Aristarchos, the chief secretary of the Greek Orthodox patriarchate, denied his monks initiated the violence.

Bewildering array of rivalries
After the brawl, the church was crowded with Israeli riot police holding assault rifles, standing beside Golgotha, where Jesus is believed to have been crucified, and the long smooth stone marking the place where tradition holds his body was laid out.

The feud is only one of a bewildering array of rivalries among churchmen in the Holy Sepulcher.

The Israeli government has long wanted to build a fire exit in the church, which regularly fills with thousands of pilgrims and has only one main door, but the sects cannot agree where the exit will be built.

A ladder placed on a ledge over the entrance sometime in the 19th century has remained there ever since because of a dispute over who has the authority to take it down.

More recently, a spat between Ethiopian and Coptic Christians is delaying badly needed renovations to a rooftop monastery that engineers say could collapse.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27639792/

What are we learning about ourselves, really?

The more we (regardless of our "beliefs" or lack there of) point the finger in any direction at anyone else's practices and "beliefs" and how they're wrong, the more "bar room brawls" we'll see. Doesn't seem to matter who we are, does it?

What if the earth stood still for just one day and it dawned on ALL of Humankind that NO ONE IS WRONG?

splendidlife's photo
Mon 11/10/08 09:03 AM

Religion breeds hatred and intollerance.

Amen to that.

But let's face it, it's not religion in general but rather it's the religions that evolved from Mediterranean folklore that bread hatred and intollerance: Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.

They all stem from the very same mythology.

Typically we don't see this kind of hatred and intolerance growing out of pantheistic or pagan religions.

One thing I've discovered in recent years is that witches are the most compassionate people I've ever met.

It's also extremely rare to hear of Zen Buddhist monks starting these kind of religious bar room brawls.

Religious hatred and intolerance is most often incited by Biblionians for Christ's sake. grumble

What are we learning about ourselves, really?

The more we (regardless of our "beliefs") point the finger in any direction at anyone else's practices and "beliefs", the more "bar room brawls" we'll see. Doesn't seem to matter who we are, does it?

splendidlife's photo
Mon 11/10/08 07:38 AM
I see an Adult Swim Cartoon in the making!
laugh

splendidlife's photo
Sun 11/09/08 03:52 PM

A world without would be a lost world indeedohwell

My lady, if religion or gods never existed, how would one be able to concider themselves lost?

Think of all the STUPID, BAD choices people make on a daily basis...
Most/some of those people don't care or believe in God.
Most good standing citizens are God fearing individuals. They try their best to be the best person they can be...

If we lived in a world that was run by people that had no regard for themselves or others, it would be Chaos!

I rest my case....no God heart leads to "HELL." That's what a world without God would be...HELL.

The question was:

What would life be like without religion?

Your answer makes it seem as though you actually think that God would cease to exist if there was no religion.

No God will always exist...life without HIM would be HELL!

What most don't get is the Russians tried to do away with "religion" for their self serving govt. godless society & it didn't fare well for those people because there was no moral righteousness in govt or their leaders that lead to govt. tryanny...the iron curtain and all that.

Only an honest look at some of the most corrupted human beings who took power would reveal alot about man vs. God. I like my God not only because He made America & blessed us but because He's real. I don't do religion because there is so much more to it than that.

So I guess the OP's premise is really a moot point. For some I suppose religion has no place if they never experienced the REAL thing. No matter, because of the faith of others the blessings are extended to the unbeliever as well.

Be thankful because there is coming a time when you will be crying out for that God that you so love to rebel against.

If God will always exist, there is no life without Him...

Even when "He" isn't constantly being acknowledged and exalted (your way or anyone else's way).

Religion doesn't make "him" any more real. If this was true and your Religion somehow kept God as "real", wouldn't this only further indicate your own lack of "faith" in God?

Frankly, I find this idea of Man vs. God quite sophomoric. What is this? Football?

Dude... the world doesn't rely on your religion as the only way to connect to God.

I find your undertone of threat about the coming time of my crying out for He that I so love to rebel against really ludicrous.

The only reason it looks to you as though I rebel is because I won't agree with YOUR WAY.

I rebel against YOUR WAY...

...NOT GOD

What ever...you asked the question & I answered it. Sorry that you don't like the answer.

It's just too easy for some to believe in some unattainable god that they can conjure up in their minds than deal with the One who created them...huh?

Its not that I didn't "like" your answer, QS. Not at all.

I suppose I wish to rebel because you seem to put out this message that there there is no other way than yours and that somehow this places you above me and anyone else who won't see it your way.

And your God (not that yours is ANY different then mine) is somehow more attainable because you trudge the road of Christianity? Please don't even pretend to know where I've trudged?

The "One" who created BOTH you and I is no more or less attainable for either one of us. Its equal. I seriously doubt that Jesus walked around acting as if he was somehow better than his fellow humans because he believed he knew what others didn't. That wasn't what he was about, was it?

Both you and I are here to learn. I salute your path

splendidlife's photo
Sat 11/08/08 03:32 PM

As soon as there is an acceptable definition for the thread participants as to what constitutes knowledge let me know.

laugh

Hi Michael... I am reading one of the Toltec books at the moment, and I like the author's version of knowledge...

(it's all lies we made up, to feel important).

Isn't it amazing how each and every one of us thinks we need to feel important?

I catch myself doing that!

It's hilarious, and like the naughty child ole ego is, it gets a scolding...and sent to it's room.

laugh

I'd send mine to the dungeon, but he'd like that too much.

splendidlife's photo
Sat 11/08/08 12:57 PM

As soon as there is an acceptable definition for the thread participants as to what constitutes knowledge let me know.

laugh

Hi Michael... I am reading one of the Toltec books at the moment, and I like the author's version of knowledge...

(it's all lies we made up, to feel important).

Isn't it amazing how each and every one of us thinks we need to feel important?

splendidlife's photo
Sat 11/08/08 07:44 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Sat 11/08/08 07:49 AM

Organized Religion?

what s - "Un-Organized" Religion?

Hmmmm...

Great question...

I could say that my being habitually late could be viewed as "Un-Organized" Religion.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

splendidlife's photo
Sat 11/08/08 07:25 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Sat 11/08/08 07:46 AM

A world without would be a lost world indeedohwell

My lady, if religion or gods never existed, how would one be able to concider themselves lost?

Think of all the STUPID, BAD choices people make on a daily basis...
Most/some of those people don't care or believe in God.
Most good standing citizens are God fearing individuals. They try their best to be the best person they can be...

If we lived in a world that was run by people that had no regard for themselves or others, it would be Chaos!

I rest my case....no God heart leads to "HELL." That's what a world without God would be...HELL.

The question was:

What would life be like without religion?

Your answer makes it seem as though you actually think that God would cease to exist if there was no religion.

No God will always exist...life without HIM would be HELL!

What most don't get is the Russians tried to do away with "religion" for their self serving govt. godless society & it didn't fare well for those people because there was no moral righteousness in govt or their leaders that lead to govt. tryanny...the iron curtain and all that.

Only an honest look at some of the most corrupted human beings who took power would reveal alot about man vs. God. I like my God not only because He made America & blessed us but because He's real. I don't do religion because there is so much more to it than that.

So I guess the OP's premise is really a moot point. For some I suppose religion has no place if they never experienced the REAL thing. No matter, because of the faith of others the blessings are extended to the unbeliever as well.

Be thankful because there is coming a time when you will be crying out for that God that you so love to rebel against.

If God will always exist, there is no life without Him...

Even when "He" isn't constantly being acknowledged and exalted (your way or anyone else's way).

Religion doesn't make "him" any more real. If this was true and your Religion somehow kept God as "real", wouldn't this only further indicate your own lack of "faith" in God?

Frankly, I find this idea of Man vs. God quite sophomoric. What is this? Football?

Dude... the world doesn't rely on your religion as the only way to connect to God.

I find your undertone of threat about the coming time of my crying out for He that I so love to rebel against really ludicrous.

The only reason it looks to you as though I rebel is because I won't agree with YOUR WAY.

I rebel against YOUR WAY...

...NOT GOD

splendidlife's photo
Sat 11/08/08 07:04 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Sat 11/08/08 07:26 AM

the world would have less evil in it without religion

as we all know

organized religion = root of all evil

Religion = The Beast