Community > Posts By > splendidlife

splendidlife's photo
Sat 11/15/08 07:55 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Sat 11/15/08 08:01 AM
MS:

Since God is ALL KNowing and AlL Wise and ALL CREATIVE and All Powerful......

shouldn't God Use His Abilities?

For GOOD?

Was the idea/concept of "good" already conceived before "creation" began? The Bible says that god saw that it was good after the process of creation began... Or was that concept of good created by humankind to attempt to explain some sort of purpose for existence?

The collective energy was born out of.........?

As much as I'd like to have it all make sense to me and believe that one single "lonely" being purposed it all, it just doesn't fit. For those that it does fit, I feel pretty neutral. I just never could fake it.

splendidlife's photo
Thu 11/13/08 11:35 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Thu 11/13/08 11:47 AM

laugh laugh OH Jeanniebean that was good. I do know what you mean tho. Never in history have I heard of people across the world celebrating our new president ohwell

Hey waving

So hope is cheezy?

Having the first person of color in office and saying goodbye to the Republican Regime marks the beginning of much new possibility. There's great potential for a shift in the how the world views the United States. If that shift occurs, there may even be potential for a shift in how the US views and responds to the rest of the world. This could mark the beginning of increased egalitarianism, nationally and globally.

Call me Polly Anna, but I'd say that's worth at least a smile...

Aye?

splendidlife's photo
Thu 11/13/08 09:52 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Thu 11/13/08 10:05 AM

Do Christian or so called Christians love one another? Do they even love others that are not Christians.

What if Christians showed love for their neighbors, or strangers? How would that effect even their own environments around them?

Do you think you can do in it in Jesus name, and not towards your own self interest?

So... here is my CHALLENGE to all you so called CHRISTRIANS......
Show some unselfish love for your fellow person for ONE WEEK...

Then post the results in this thread.....

There are plenty of Christians and non-Christians alike walking this earth with their own "moral" codes thinking they're doing "good" ultimately to serve themselves. Why not ask this question of all of us?

Actually...

I can't say this exercise would produce any significant/authentic results. What is this? A contest to see who's "better" at being unselfish? Ooooooo!!!! I wanna win!
:banana:

Oh yeah... That would be self-serving.
slaphead

How can one "practice" unselfish love? Doesn't it seem that, the moment someone purposes to be unselfish, they automatically ARE being selfish?

splendidlife's photo
Thu 11/13/08 07:35 AM
Strong breeding stock...

laugh

Beautiful combinations increase humankind's overall awareness of ultimate Oneness.

:heart:

splendidlife's photo
Wed 11/12/08 05:42 PM

There is only one thing that I am absolutly sure of. That is that some people are really stuck on themselves and try to prove to others just how smart they are by using all kinds of words that in reality mean very little. The only reality that there actually is, is that there is no reality. We make it up as we go along!

Hmmmm? interesting - how did we make up our birth? how did we become?
make something up and start preaching it, oh ya, thats basically what absolutly everyone has been doing!

CE, i was asking a serious question, you said " we make reality up as we go along" i took that as meaning while we are here, but how could we make our birth up how did we come into this existence that you say is the "only reality" to be able to say that the only reality is what we MAKE UP?? to make it up would mean having to be present in order to do so - but if when born we did not have that means then how is this so?

A trolling CE will go...
A trolling CE will go...

Hi Ho The Larry Oh...

A trolling CE will go...

splendidlife's photo
Wed 11/12/08 02:33 PM

SL SAID

It is logical and true to me, based on my own experiences. It's not provable, but by a mixture of logic and, YES, faith I can say it is true for me.

I have been attempting to logically link what I know about how the subconscious mind operates during REM, my own life-changing experience with EMDR and the overwhelmingly powerful symbolism that occurs during deep sleep dreaming.

Because I have an MA in Psychology and can be somewhat analytical, I sometimes struggle with a tendency to label others and myself, thereby placing perceived limitations on infinite possibility.

TRIBO-

EMDR ?

Some Psychologists utilize this process called EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) to mimic a state much like REM that can reach imprinted traumatic memories and effectively release painful "interpretation". I can speak from my own experience that it can be extremely helpful. Not only helpful in releasing the grip of the effects of the trauma, but can also lead to an even greater opening into or connection with the higher self (call it your angel, god or what ever you wish).

In this process, simulating the rhythmic patterning that naturally occurs during REM sleep accesses the subconscious mind. After having my momentous EMDR experience, it occurred to me that some of the most powerfully symbolic guidance is naturally provided in dreaming during REM sleep (during which time, the subconscious mind is freely expressed or accessed). I have come to believe that our dreams can connect us to greater knowing. If this "subconscious mind" can link us to the wisdom of higher self and we've been given a way to access it as we sleep, would there not be doubt that we are connected to "God"?

The images created in dreams feel much like fleeting glimpses during a Deja Vu. Illusive in nature, but felt as more real than much else experienced in our waking hours.

If the conscious mind is the mere tip of the iceberg, somehow, the subconscious mind connects our souls' infinite knowing w/ the human experience. Dreamtime could be seen as subconscious (higher-self, God) gifting glimpses of infinite knowledge... This would give the conscious mind a chance to upload huge amounts of Earthly info and send it to a more complete "processor" to be returned in dream symbolism (and may very well be what keeps our conscious minds from overloading and crashing).

thnx SL, very interesting.

Hey Tribo,

I'm pretty certain I may be able to relate my experience with EMDR to the experience you described from when you were 14.

Gotta leave work now...

Will share more later.
flowerforyou

splendidlife's photo
Wed 11/12/08 01:47 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Wed 11/12/08 02:15 PM

SL SAID

It is logical and true to me, based on my own experiences. It's not provable, but by a mixture of logic and, YES, faith I can say it is true for me.

I have been attempting to logically link what I know about how the subconscious mind operates during REM, my own life-changing experience with EMDR and the overwhelmingly powerful symbolism that occurs during deep sleep dreaming.

Because I have an MA in Psychology and can be somewhat analytical, I sometimes struggle with a tendency to label others and myself, thereby placing perceived limitations on infinite possibility.

TRIBO-

EMDR ?

Some Psychologists utilize this process called EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) to mimic a state much like REM that can reach imprinted traumatic memories and effectively release painful "interpretation". I can speak from my own experience that it can be extremely helpful. Not only helpful in releasing the grip of the effects of the trauma, but can also lead to an even greater opening into or connection with the higher self (call it your angel, god or what ever you wish).

In this process, simulating the rhythmic patterning that naturally occurs during REM sleep accesses the subconscious mind. After having my momentous EMDR experience, it occurred to me that some of the most powerfully symbolic guidance is naturally provided in dreaming during REM sleep (during which time, the subconscious mind is freely expressed or accessed). I have come to believe that our dreams can connect us to greater knowing. If this "subconscious mind" can link us to the wisdom of higher self and we've been given a way to access it as we sleep, would there not be doubt that we are connected to "God"?

The images created in dreams feel much like fleeting glimpses during a Deja Vu. Illusive in nature, but felt as more real than much else experienced in our waking hours.

If the conscious mind is the mere tip of the iceberg, somehow, the subconscious mind connects our souls' infinite knowing w/ the human experience. Dreamtime could be seen as subconscious (higher-self, God) gifting glimpses of infinite knowledge... This would give the conscious mind a chance to upload huge amounts of Earthly info and send it to a more complete "processor" to be returned in dream symbolism (and may very well be what keeps our conscious minds from overloading and crashing).

splendidlife's photo
Wed 11/12/08 12:10 PM

if so then we have more than just 3 dimensions and we also have the possibility of many more - outside of the realm of substance we have in what we call this reality. If so - then who can say for sure that what we know is true past this dimensional existence we know and live in?

thought please.spock

Ahhh...

Beautiful Intangibles

No mortal within this dimensional existence that we know and live in can say FOR SURE what is true past this dimensional existence.

Of course then we get into the topic of Faith...

Logical Faith?
:wink:

then is it logical to have expierienced this other dimension or spiritual realm and not think it not to be true? or at least as true as the dimesions we now know?

splendidlife's photo
Wed 11/12/08 10:24 AM

if so then we have more than just 3 dimensions and we also have the possibility of many more - outside of the realm of substance we have in what we call this reality. If so - then who can say for sure that what we know is true past this dimensional existence we know and live in?

thought please.spock

Ahhh...

Beautiful Intangibles

No mortal within this dimensional existence that we know and live in can say FOR SURE what is true past this dimensional existence.

Of course then we get into the topic of Faith...

Logical Faith?
:wink:

splendidlife's photo
Wed 11/12/08 07:30 AM

If the account given in Genesis is really true, ought we not, after all, to thank this serpent? He was the first schoolmaster, the first advocate of learning, the first enemy of ignorance, the first to whisper in human ears the sacred word liberty, the creator of ambition, the author of modesty, of inquiry, of doubt, of investigation, of progress and of civilization.

Indeed, a significant symbol of human characteristics.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 11/11/08 05:46 PM

It sounds as if you're saying that the only way to NOT ignore it would be by becoming Christian.

The scripture I posted above states that it brings glory to Jesus. If you reject Jesus, you are also rejecting the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit.

Does this mean that the billions of people on this planet who haven't chosen Christianity are somehow missing out?

Do you see how this sounds?

Why can't ALL of humanity have access?

I wonder if Jesus would agree.

All of humanity CAN have access, and that is something that Jesus desires. They are missing out unfortunately.

I'm saying...

We already have access.

Religion is a mere expression, NOT THE vehicle.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 11/11/08 05:43 PM

I am skeptical.

I am appreciative.

I am a musician.

I am a computer geek.

I am a science nerd.

I am bored.

you're also a cutie patootie winking

I concur

splendidlife's photo
Tue 11/11/08 02:06 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Tue 11/11/08 02:09 PM

I'll try and describe the sensation to you; think the best sex you ever had times twenty! It's the Christian drug. It comes at different strengths, at different times, for different reasons.

"Must" you be Christian to receive this?

Pretty sure that's how it works smile2

Pardon my sounding like my 2-year-old daughter, but...

Why?

In the scripture I posted above it is also called the Spirit of Truth. I believe that it can come to those that don't believe for the sole purpose of drawing them in to the truth and showing them that God loves them and is in fact real & does care.

Then, you agree that you don't have to be Christian to receive The Holy Spirit?

Or is it conditional upon conversion?

I believe you can get a taste of the Holy Spirit without conversion and you can choose to ignore it and not become a Christian. In it's fullness, I think you would have to be a Christian.

Thanks...

It sounds as if you're saying that the only way to NOT ignore it would be by becoming Christian.

Does this mean that the billions of people on this planet who haven't chosen Christianity are somehow missing out?

Do you see how this sounds?

Why can't ALL of humanity have access?

I wonder if Jesus would agree.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 11/11/08 01:55 PM

I'll try and describe the sensation to you; think the best sex you ever had times twenty! It's the Christian drug. It comes at different strengths, at different times, for different reasons.

Why?

In the scripture I posted above it is also called the Spirit of Truth. I believe that it can come to those that don't believe for the sole purpose of drawing them in to the truth and showing them that God loves them and is in fact real & does care.

Then, you agree that you don't have to be Christian to receive The Holy Spirit?

Or is it conditional upon conversion?

splendidlife's photo
Tue 11/11/08 01:37 PM

Why?

splendidlife's photo
Tue 11/11/08 01:15 PM

splendidlife's photo
Tue 11/11/08 12:45 PM
"I AM - he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

-JL

splendidlife's photo
Tue 11/11/08 12:19 PM

Name a universal constant that is not agreed upon by anyone.

Scratches Head...
ohwell

splendidlife's photo
Tue 11/11/08 12:15 PM

If, all along, we were the ones making god in our image, it would make the concept of this divine force easier to comprehend.

I believe that that is exactly what we do. We cannot possibly conceive of God so we create gods out of the different aspects of God. If that makes sense.

It makes sense that, as we "evolve", we would naturally gain an increasing capacity to see beyond previous symbolism and embrace limitless possibility.

When fear is employed to fetter more possibility, I tend to try to keep a safe distance.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 11/11/08 11:50 AM

My pleasure. I can only hope that you would have an idea of who He is. There is no clear description for God, we just have to believe that He is, He was, and He will be.

Take care,
L

I have ideas...

only ideas.

I attempt to employ logic to solidify these ideas.

It goes around and around.

The only idea that I have been able to at all rest upon is the one that the collective energy of all that exists (including us humans) is what you would call god. It's hard for me to see this as a "him"... It seems to somehow reduce the sheer magnitude of this force to liken it to a human being. I would think that EVERYTHING has been made in "his" image (or imaginings). Of course, imaginings would suggest more human characteristics.

If, all along, we were the ones making god in our image, it would make the concept of this divine force easier to comprehend.