Community > Posts By > BizarreKelley

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 06:33 PM
And I see nothing wrong with that!

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 06:28 PM
That sounds fabulous. Or a bubble bath, chocolate, and a back rub. Drool.

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 06:27 PM
What kinds of things on your review? Things that could impede on your salary or promotion through the company?

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 06:26 PM
I don't care, but can they all write me prescriptions? :)

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 06:07 PM
I'm a vegetarian! Why did you start eating meat again?

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 05:36 PM
Yeah, me too.

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 05:35 PM

Carbs give us energy, so we need them, too! So don't cut those completely out of your diet. Just try to avoid the simple carbs and eat good complex ones :)

For snacks, what about veggies? Lots of grocery stores have pre-cut veggies packaged up. Just buy one of those, take them home, put them in individual baggies if the whole tray won't fit in the fridge (or you want to be able to take it with you somewhere), and you're good to go when you get hungry!

Good suggestion. I can do that! Thanks! flowerforyou

You're welcome! I also prefer quick and easy stuff, and if chips are the easiest thing, I'll go for that. But if I have a baggie of baby carrots or cherry tomatoes or something in the fridge, I'll eat that. Small fruits are good, too, if you have a sweet tooth.

Oh! For an actual meal, I like the following pasta recipe:
Some whole wheat pasta (any kind, but I prefer short pastas)
Some frozen vegetables (whatever kind you like)
Nuts (I've only used pecans, but you could experiment with others)
Olive oil
Garlic powder
Parmesan cheese

Cook the pasta as directed. Cook the vegetables as directed. Chop the nuts. They'd probably be good toasted, but I am too lazy. When the pasta is done cooking, strain it and the vegetables (if you cooked them on the stove) and mix them in together. Add enough olive oil to lightly coat the pasta. Stir in the garlic powder and cheese, to taste.

It's really simple, but it's pretty well balanced. If you had other seasonings you could use those, too, but I was a poor college student when I made it up, and haven't experimented with it.

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 05:28 PM
Now I'm craving cookies...DAMNIT!

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 05:25 PM
Just make oatmeal raisin and it's okay, right? Fruit? Oatmeal? ;)

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 05:23 PM
Very true! Carbs make me happy. But tuna fish does not.

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 05:19 PM
"friendly" is an interesting word choice...! How so?

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 05:16 PM
Carbs give us energy, so we need them, too! So don't cut those completely out of your diet. Just try to avoid the simple carbs and eat good complex ones :)

For snacks, what about veggies? Lots of grocery stores have pre-cut veggies packaged up. Just buy one of those, take them home, put them in individual baggies if the whole tray won't fit in the fridge (or you want to be able to take it with you somewhere), and you're good to go when you get hungry!

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 05:11 PM
Yeah, kids are expensive. And while you appear to be able to manage things with one kid, could you with another? Smiles is right, if your parents are watching your kid now, it's going to have a big impact on their life, too.

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 04:36 PM
My cat appears to have gotten lost in the apartment. He's walking around meowing as though he is saying, "Hello? Hello?? Where am I????"

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 04:34 PM
Okay, after reading all of Mary's posts (which I didn't know I could do!) Here is my assessment, take it or leave it:

First, you've already said that you have experienced your 6 month old around another 2 year old, and that things were crazy and you felt overwhelmed. You also have wondered if it's wrong to want some time to yourself. No, it's not, but if you are feeling overwhelmed with one, can you handle two kids at your age?

Secondly, you've got a lot of baby daddy drama. It doesn't sound like either relationship is really all that healthy, and if you've only known the guy since October, the chance that a marriage would work out is pretty slim.

I hate to sound skeptical and pessimistic, but you asked for help.

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 04:25 PM
Did not know that -- thanks!

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 04:24 PM
Ah, okay. I haven't read any of her posts other than this thread.

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 04:20 PM

6 weeks ago, your bf left you for "stupid reasons". 3 weeks ago, the baby's father tried to kidnap her.

Can you clarify how you now have a fiance and how the father wants nothing to do with the baby?

Wait, where did this information come from?? Yeah, definitely don't get pregnant again with this kind of turmoil in your life. It has bad idea written all over it.

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 04:19 PM

hell...the state pays ya more if you have more kids..right?

*sigh*

As a State employee, I implore you not to encourage such ideation! :wink: It breaks my heart to see so many people who pop out a bunch of kids as a way to get more food stamps. Not saying that's what the OP is doing at all, but it does happen, and many people do see things that way. I have one client who, when I had her case, was 25 with 7 children. She'd been pregnant almost constantly since she turned 18.

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/07/08 04:11 PM
How old is her dad? Were you in a relationship with him? Why doesn't he want to be in her life?

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25