Community > Posts By > BizarreKelley

BizarreKelley's photo
Wed 02/06/08 04:41 PM
So there's been this big fuss recently at work because they're going to give everyone a raise to try to increase our wages to the "regional average" for what we do (we are quite underpaid). Well, I have been at this job for just over 2 years. I just got my first promotion a few weeks ago. Well, to make a long story short, the raise went into effect the day before I got my promotion, so I'll get the raise on my next paycheck for the ONE day of the pay period between when the raise started and when I got my promotion. And then they'll move me to my new pay rate, without any raise explode I've already emailed the highest person up to ask them about it, and they confirmed. She said there's nothing that can be done to change it. So they can take their raise and SUCK IT.

BizarreKelley's photo
Tue 02/05/08 08:51 PM
Oooh yeah.... I forgot!

BizarreKelley's photo
Tue 02/05/08 07:54 PM
That sounds really bizarre, BUT I will point out that my roommate in college started dating her now husband because he practically stalked her, and one night he planted himself in front of our dorm room and refused to move until she went on a walk with him. I was convinced she was going to be found dead in a ditch somewhere, but they're married now, so... Sometimes guys are just awkward? I don't know.

BizarreKelley's photo
Tue 02/05/08 07:31 PM
I've tried to have that kind of relationship before, on more than one occasion. It hasn't worked for me. Maybe it works for some people? But I wouldn't advise it.

BizarreKelley's photo
Tue 02/05/08 07:19 PM
My boss called tonight to give me more information, "just in case I was teetering on the idea of wanting to ever have kids" (which everyone knows I am not)... She told me a story that one of her children (7 yo) was found in his bedroom with her other kid (9 yo), and the 7 year old was trying to poke the 9 year old in the face, and looked like he was trying to wipe something on his face... Turns out, he'd picked his butt and was trying to wipe it on the older kid's face... (EWWW!) And THEN she asked me if I wanted to babysit on Valentine's day so she and her fiance could go out...

BizarreKelley's photo
Mon 02/04/08 05:54 PM
hehe someone's feeling a little hypersensitive? :)

BizarreKelley's photo
Mon 02/04/08 05:52 PM
You're right! I love the funny people laugh

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 02/03/08 08:29 PM

I had a similar sort of relationship with a guy a few years ago. It makes me feel so much better about the outcome that I dodged a HUGE bullet -- he's on trial for charges of child molestation.

Holy Crapfrown

Yeah it freaked me out. I thought he hung the moon...

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 02/03/08 08:28 PM
I've ended up in some fantastic relationships with guys with whom I made the first move. Granted, they've turned out to just be friendships, but if I hadn't approached them, I never would have had anything with them. :smile:

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 02/03/08 08:25 PM
I had a similar sort of relationship with a guy a few years ago. It makes me feel so much better about the outcome that I dodged a HUGE bullet -- he's on trial for charges of child molestation.

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 02/03/08 08:24 PM
Fair enough, but I don't think it's fair that we should have to wait for them to get gutsy enough to approach us. :)

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 02/03/08 08:14 PM

Why was I approaching men? Well, I was more than a little inebriated, so that had a lot to do with it. But also, if I want to be treated and seen as an equal to men in the world, then I should act like an equal, right? What's wrong with saying hi? I'm sure it makes guys feel good to be approached by girls sometimes (and I try not to be creepy..) :smile:

I do understand the inebriatedness...

I don't ever want a man to think I am equal to him, unless we are in a relationship...then it's a little different.

Why don't you want a man to think you're equal to him? You are.

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 02/03/08 07:48 PM
Why was I approaching men? Well, I was more than a little inebriated, so that had a lot to do with it. But also, if I want to be treated and seen as an equal to men in the world, then I should act like an equal, right? What's wrong with saying hi? I'm sure it makes guys feel good to be approached by girls sometimes (and I try not to be creepy..) :smile:

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 02/03/08 07:11 PM
Oh, and on my birthday last year, I approached a table of 4 or 5 straight guys (I assume). And I just started with, "Hi, my name's Kelley, and it's my birthday. Which one of you is buying me a drink??"

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 02/03/08 07:10 PM
I was at a gay club once, and ended up dancing right next to this HUGE group of shirtless gay men. And they were gorgeous. So I leaned over to one and said, "Can I dance with you? I get that you're gay, but you guys are gorgeous!" They were gay, but it worked, and maybe it would work with a straight guy!

BizarreKelley's photo
Sun 02/03/08 08:06 AM
Well, just because they're all possible, doesn't mean you have all of them. And after 5 years, you probably don't have many anymore...

BizarreKelley's photo
Sat 02/02/08 07:44 PM
Happy birthday!!!!! drinker

BizarreKelley's photo
Wed 01/30/08 10:46 PM

Oh come now, don't be so harsh, lol. Not EVERY person that wants to view you on a webcam is doing so out of perversion. I, for example, like to see peoples reactions when I talk to them. I like to see the different expressions, especially smiling and laughing... it's just not the same in a picture.

Well, you're unique.

So I'm told... Thank you bigsmile

You're welcome! I am aware that some people have benign intentions when wanting to see eachother when they chat. But it's just far more often that people are being pervy, ESPECIALLY when the first thing they say is, "Do you have a cam?"

BizarreKelley's photo
Wed 01/30/08 10:37 PM

Oh come now, don't be so harsh, lol. Not EVERY person that wants to view you on a webcam is doing so out of perversion. I, for example, like to see peoples reactions when I talk to them. I like to see the different expressions, especially smiling and laughing... it's just not the same in a picture.

Well, you're unique.

BizarreKelley's photo
Wed 01/30/08 10:25 PM
I always hate that question!! And the conversation always goes, "Hey"
"Hello!"
"U have ne other pics?"
"No, sorry, I don't have any other pictures."
"U have a webcam?"
"Nope"
[IM window is closed]

GRRR!!!!! explode

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25