Community > Posts By > BizarreKelley

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 02:47 PM
Okay, okay, I get it! This is why I have to ask, because people generally cannot make fair judgments from the center of a situation.

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 02:45 PM
I appreciate everyone's advice. It just really sucks!! It's not often that I meet someone anywhere near me who shares my values. I spent a long time just repressing this whole part of my life, and I was perfectly fine being single and didn't even think about it. Maybe I should just go back to that.

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 02:40 PM
I did ask what his girlfriend was going to think about him having a girl friend, and he said she'd better be okay with it, since she has so many guy friends and he knows almost nobody in OKC...

I don't know... I mean... did I mess something up?

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 02:28 PM
Situation: You and a guy (or girl, if you are a guy reading this) have talked online for a little while (at least a month), and have been talking on the phone for about 2 weeks. You get along pretty well. You are aware that about a month before you started talking, he'd broken up with a girl he'd seen for a short time. Then, today, you are talking to him and he says that he's decided to get back together with her, and is even planning on moving in with her. He says that he wants to continue to be your friend, and now that he's moving, he'll be close enough that we can actually meet and be friends (he currently lives about an hour and a half away, and will be moving about 20 minutes away). He also says that if things don't work out with the girl this time, you will be the first to find out, because he is in fact interested.

What do I make of this? Part of me says, "I don't want to be a fall-back girl, eff off"... but at least he's being honest, right? And we have never said or done anything that wasn't platonic. I am disappointed, obviously, but I'm also okay with just being friends with him. And if something is meant to happen, it will happen later.

Unless I'm being stupid. Which is a possibility?

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 02:09 PM
That's funny :)

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 02:04 PM
Ooooh that sounds tasty!

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 01:45 PM
Edited by BizarreKelley on Thu 02/14/08 01:45 PM
Hit the 'post' button twice, sorry...

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 01:45 PM
I have nooooo idea.... I thought you had to add a bunch of sugar to kool-aid? I haven't had any kool-aid in years, though.

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 12:39 PM
thanks flowerforyou

I think I'm a pretty upbeat, positive person the vast majority of the time. But once things start to get to me, they really do. I'd considered going back to OKC tomorrow to see my friends for the weekend, but that means another trip back to Tulsa Sunday afternoon, and back to OKC on Monday night before work on Tuesday morning...

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 12:31 PM
That's a good idea. I've been running on everyone else's schedules this week, and I'm just drained, I think.

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 12:26 PM
I know, I'm working on it.

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 12:23 PM
yeah :)

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 12:18 PM
Thanks... I'm not a crier, but once I get started, I can't stop, and so I probably look awful... I'm not devastated or anything, just... I need.. I don't know..

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 12:12 PM
I woke up to somebody pouring concrete across the street with one of those huge concrete trucks.. they are noisy...

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 12:02 PM
I just feel overwhelmed this week.. I've posted other places about the procedures my dad's having done this week, so I've made several trips between OKC and Tulsa this week so I can take him to those, and take care of him. And Tuesday I went to work, and the day just exploded and went horribly wrong.. Now today I'm stressed because I feel like I should be in OKC at work but adding another round trip isn't a good option either.. On top of that, while I'm here in Tulsa I don't have anyone here to get out of the house with for a little bit, so I'm going stir-crazy. It's Valentine's Day, which.. while I'm content being single, I don't like it to be rubbed in my face. So I'll hang out at home with my parents tonight. AND I'd met this guy who seemed really cool, and I've had so much fun talking to him over the past few weeks, and today he tells me that he's getting back together with his ex and moving in with her in a few weeks.

Very rarely is it that my family life, personal life, and work life are all up in the air like this, but when it happens, it really throws me off center...

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 11:33 AM
It wasn't my intention, either...

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 11:12 AM
Yeah, I've got more important things to worry about.

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 11:09 AM

Don't go there, is that it. Are you telepathic, knowlegdable in all thing, or just simply arrogant? Have you ever read or studied the bible, in particularly passages on the safety of your children.

The tone of your previous post was that you seem to hold marriage to a set of religious standards. Based on those standards, you should perhaps reconsider before judging other peoples' actions, considering that you yourself have been divorced, which is frowned upon in most religions, correct?

No, I have not read or studied the bible. Why would I?

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 11:04 AM

hahahaha! man i wish people knew my religous beliefs and some of the things i have said about jesus. people would **** bricks! haha

I live in the Bible Belt... I have a pink statue of Jesus on my desk (he's a Magic 8 ball!) which I'm sure offends some people at work... I'm right there with you. I'm sure if I ever really talked about it with people, they'd freak out. Especially around here. People are so annoying about it.

BizarreKelley's photo
Thu 02/14/08 10:58 AM
These things don't embarrass me though.. I mean, if they weren't true, I wouldn't have said them, right? :smile:

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25