Community > Posts By > Mimx

Mimx's photo
Thu 10/09/08 01:04 AM
Lol here's something that will blow your mind.

If you believe in God, then you obviously know that he already knows everything. Which means every choice you were gonna make He already knew it. Which means destiny is pre-destiny to him since hes all knowing, but since we don't know the next 5 secs, it comes off as a free will choice for us......

Let that sink in for a few :-P

Mimx's photo
Tue 10/07/08 08:18 PM
I think its funny that no one accepts personal responsibility for what happens to them in life. Yeah I do agree that God gives us obstacles in life to help mold us, but did you ever stop and think that the choices made up to a certain point are completely up to us? Or am I the only one who believes in free will?

Its like when a person keeps on having unsuccessful relationships and always wonders, "why does this keep happening to me?" You have some that would say "He/she wasn't good enough for you", "Its their loss not yours", or "God has something else planned for you"

While all this is well and good and helps get over the loss, doesn't actually address the problem.

At some point in time he/she made some poor choices in the type of guy/girl they wanted to be with. Instead of learning something from each failed attempt they keep lying to themselves and keep repeating. God plays a part, but we still have to make the choice.

Mimx's photo
Sun 10/05/08 08:34 PM
From past experiences any date or get together that takes place in a bar or club, is always a bad idea.

Most people in clubs or bars are just looking for an easy hook up or quick score.

Also its very stupid to complain about how pricey something is after the fact, unless that was supposed to make you feel guilty enough to sleep with him....either way it sucks.

Mimx's photo
Sun 10/05/08 08:19 PM
If you don't trust yourself, then you will never know when you trust someone else. Trust is just another word for faith.

If you trust in the fact that someone is out there waiting on you, then you have a good faith in finding someone.

If you don't trust anyone, then your faith is dead and you have basically isolated yourself from every being happy.

Mimx's photo
Sun 10/05/08 08:13 PM
Everyone makes mistakes. Cant really do anything about that. Learning from that one experience and never repeating it, is what separates everyone. Most people never realize it and makes the same mistake over and over.

For your learning pleasure.

Your cutting some veggies, and you get your finger in the way. You slice it.

If and when your ever cutting veggies again you will know automatically that placing your finger in the way is always a shortcut to a bad time..lol :-P

Mimx's photo
Sun 12/23/07 12:44 AM

If you have the luck of getting in to a relationship, that makes you happy, and you know that relationship is for keeps!!

what would you do different to make this relationship work?
even if the end of the old relationship wasn't your fault
what would you change about yourself, to obtain happiness?
drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

People who have been through relationships, and have been left or what have you. The person you were compared to the person you are now, many relationships later, should be the same. The only change should be that you are smarter than you were when you first started dating.

If you have to change yourself, then you have already lost everything that makes you who you are. To compromise yourself is too lie and say that all things that you know are wrong are now acceptable.

Mimx's photo
Sun 12/23/07 12:38 AM
Edited by Mimx on Sun 12/23/07 12:39 AM
Christmas isn't about getting gifts. There are other ways to express yourself to someone you care about other than going out and buying something material related.

1.Poems
2.Massages
3.Quiet night in
4.Slow dancing at your house
5.Home cooked meal

etc....

Mimx's photo
Sun 12/23/07 12:36 AM
Jerk doesn't quite cover this one. Im gonna go for the psycho label.

Mimx's photo
Thu 12/20/07 05:30 PM

u guys r ugly and thats why u r saying all this, look at me all girls are crazy for me and they all wan me:wink:

Lol laugh

Mimx's photo
Thu 12/20/07 05:27 PM
Well said :smile:

Mimx's photo
Thu 12/20/07 05:23 PM
Unfortunately people are all about themselves. You just have to keep your head high and be true to who you are, and everything will fall into place.

Mimx's photo
Thu 12/20/07 05:20 PM
Ive visited quite a few of these online dating sites, and ive come to the conclusion about all of them. For the most part, online sites are the equivalent of bars, but only without the music or drinking. Everyone has some sort of high expectation when it comes to the people they talk too. Most people tend to forget that they are online looking for someone. This is just my opinion, but if you are online looking for someone, then somewhere down the line, meeting someone in person in real life went completely wrong and you were forced to try other means of meeting someone. To place yourself higher than others, cause you want to have impossible standards when it comes to meeting someone just makes your life more complicated than it needs to be.

Girls who state that they are "Looking for a man for Friendship" I mean come on, now your just being retarded. If you want friends go to the mall and hang out in the shops and talk to people throughout the day. I personally have plenty of friends. I don't need anymore friends. I on the other hand want to find a girlfriend to whom I can have a relationship with. I know most of you are gonna say, "You have to be friends first before you can have a relationship". Rarely does a girl say that and actually means that she wants to take it slow, in that case theres nothing wrong with that. Most of the time this is said cause the people are self absorbed, ego maniac, who likes to get attention from numerous guys who only want to be with you, but instead you just use them to build yourself up. Have you ever seen a guy say "I just want a nice, cute girl whom I can be friends with, and maybe more one day". The answer is Hell No. If you know guys who say this, then either they are closest perverts, stalkers, or just Gay. Relationships aren't plants that you tend to, so that one day they can grow into something more. A relationship is something that is either there or its not. Thats why we go on these things called dates. We go out with people we don't know and we learn about them, and we either feel something for them or we don't. Simple as that. Of course the next argument is "Well ive been hurt a lot of times and I don't want to be hurt again". So do you want a cookie? Once again placing yourself higher than everyone else. Do you think that you are the only person who has been through some type of emotional turmoil? Everyone gets hurt, and everyone moves on. Heres a tad bit of information. Everything that happens to you in your life, is your fault. You are the cause of your own misery. If you get hurt in relationships, and it keeps happening, then more than likely you make really bad decisions when it comes to guys, or your just too incredibly shallow and are just too ashamed to admit it. Everything comes down to choice in your life. We are all looking for that missing piece to our lives. For the people who are genuinely looking for someone its suffocating to try to meet someone when everyone is so closed off. Its like being a non smoker and walking into a room full of heavy chain smokers. Its really hard to get anything accomplished.

Mimx's photo
Sun 12/09/07 11:10 AM
Its a logical question if you take acid on a regular basis :tongue:

Woman are emotional beings, they feel most everything in a relationship. So getting into their hearts is always easier than getting into bed.

Sex is not what makes a relationship work. Its the emotional connection that you have with your partner. If a woman cant feel you in here heart, shes especially not gonna let you go further with her.

Mimx's photo
Sun 12/02/07 08:43 PM

All these 'conditions' all these 'limits'.... all this stuff we carry around, stumble around with...

"He MUST look like this, BE this, Do this"

" She MUST look like this, BE this, Do this."

The whole melodrama, of in the past, this happened, that happened, he did this, she did that, All of it.

Give it up.

Drop the bundle of baggage that you are lugging through life.... GIVE IT UP.

Seriously, we can wander through life, with the filters so thick on our eyes, we cannot see two inches in front of us, or we can have instant surgery,

To remove them....and see clearly.

Or wander around, wondering why we are alone.

I choose the sunshine, and the freedom of no baggage... what do you choose?

Absolutely Perfect. Its nice to know that im not the only one who sees things like this.

Mimx's photo
Sun 12/02/07 10:42 AM

Ok, so I have an LCD tv, that for some reason, is stuck on full volume, I never turned it up that high in my life, but for some reason, its stuck there, and I cant turn it down.

My initial reaction was ghosts, but its not going away, so if anyone knows anything that I could try, short of taking it to get repaired, which I'll probably end up doing, please let me know.

Thanks

You might want to put some more information down here before anyone can give you a troubleshooting answer. For example.

1. Is there any hissing?
2. Where you watching it when it went to the loud volume?
3. Did you buy it and when you turned it on it was really loud?
4. Do you try the volume buttons on the tv itself?
5. Are the batteries in your remote dead?
6. Do you have a stero system attached to the tv that might not let you control the volume with the tv remote?

Mimx's photo
Mon 11/26/07 11:21 AM
Edited by Mimx on Mon 11/26/07 11:22 AM

I'm a geek, manly, artistic. I wear alot of hats, but it's all ME. I know martial arts and can drop a guy twice my size but I cried when Spider man lost his best friendHarry in SM3.

I think the tough guy thing is boring,a guy who tries to keep that up is probably 'mysterious' to a woman and therefore intrigueing (I know I didn't spell that right). But when it comes down to it I think those guys are just hiding, hence the 'player' tag. Just a thought.

Well put! Confidence is SUPER sexy!!

I don't think its confidence that attracts a woman. Its flawed. You can have confidence, but it also comes with ego. If you fuel both for too long you get a egocentric over confident ass.

I believe its charisma that draws all the ladies near. Once you are able to get past yourself and just accept what you are, then you can attract anyone that you want.

Mimx's photo
Sat 11/24/07 05:53 PM
Its very nice to know that there are other guys other than myself out there who are waiting for the right time to have sex.

Mimx's photo
Tue 11/20/07 11:23 AM

you know that isnt completely true! I had a male roommate years ago and we worked together as well......he was by far not the best looking guy but he exuded this confidence in him.....it drove women wild!!! He would even have 3 or 4 women at a time!!!!

I think you have to have that "Rico Suave" aura about you.....yes its confidence.

I don't believe confidence has anything to do with it. Confidence is flawed since you can be over-confident and come off as an ass with a huge ego.

I believe you are talking about charisma, which with that the more you put off the more attention you seem to get.

Mimx's photo
Tue 11/20/07 11:19 AM
And most people wonder why they are alone. If everyone on here could just listen to themselves. There is only black and white in life. Everyone is so busy make gray areas that you can even see what your doing anymore.

Your either a nice guy, or your an asshole. Theres no in between.

Mimx's photo
Tue 11/20/07 11:06 AM

well the only reason a guy would end up in the friend zone in the first place would be if he never spark attraction...

i guess if a male friend of a woman started to spark attraction then she would be willing to date him.

universally attractive traits include, but are certainly not limited to:
>optimism
>confidence
>playfulness!
>fearlessness
>sociability (linked to popularity)
>adaptability
>inner strength
>ambition, passion
>authenticity

universally attractive mannerisms/habits include, but are certainly not limited to:
>smiling
>vocal projection and depth (true for men, but I don't think this applies to women...)
>setting and meeting goals (achievement)
>treating everyone with the same level of respect at which he/she respects him/herself
>not tolerating disrespect
>having confident, "alpha male" body language (for ladies: having sexy, feminine body language)

A woman MAY think "wow, this could be the one..." when the man she is interacting with is able to put her into various positive emotional states consistently and effectively. This is why i put an exclamation mark next to playfulness. =)

Also, the number one thing both men and women look for in a potential partner for life is kindness and understanding. I learned that one in my evolutionary psychology class lol.

I hope that helped,
-LSS

While this response sounds good, its flawed at the same time. No one person contains all these traits at one time. Unless your Jesus.

If you happened to have all these traits, but was physically ugly, it wouldn't get you anywhere. Its a sad truth. A guy/girl doesn't look at someone and say "Gee what a great set of traits that person has" or "Wow what a great brain". if you don't have the looks, then getting anything started does not happen.

Previous 1 3 4