Community > Posts By > Totage

Totage's photo
Fri 07/26/19 10:36 AM

Just wondering... In the US you don't automatically have holiday days taken care of by law, so then what on earth do you do when your kids have holiday from school and summer break, which is longer. Who do you resolve that?

Even over here that is problematic as kids have a school holiday every 8 weeks and you cannot cover that with days off, even though we get 23-28 days off a year, by law. The amount does depend on working full-time or part-time.

But if you don't have holidays/days off cos of the system, how the heck do you do that when you have kids??

I work midnights, so daycare around me is an issue, but I have friends and family I can trust.

Totage's photo
Thu 07/25/19 03:10 PM

What have I done

You made a baby and deactivated your account. indifferent

Totage's photo
Thu 07/25/19 04:36 AM

So, I've been working for a sweet elderly lady on and off since January. she is 87 and bright as a button. I've installed a new bathroom, kitchen and flooring.
She told me yesterday of one relative living in Australia who had past away. apone this new she decided to contact another relative living in western Australia. on trying to phone her (she is 90) she found the phone had been discontinued. so, she decided to phone the western Australian police. calling from here in the UK she had a kind and thoughtful conversation with a police officer.
A couple of days later she received a call from the 90 year old relative saying she was now in a elderly home. The police had taken the time to try and find her and had succeeded happy

They were under no obligation to do this deed but they did and well done to them.

Have you ever had,heard of or come across such a heart warming act?

I made a stop at a local store I got to regularly to get a drink for work. One night there was this care parked with two younger kids (18/early 20s). It looked a bit suspicious to me and from their movements, looked like maybe doing drugs or something. I go about my business, as I get out of my car, the passenger in the parked car yells "Excuse me, sir", I turned around because he was respectful, I was expecting him to ask for money or something, which I wasn't going to give, instead he asked if I knew how to take a fish hook out of ones finger. The driver had a fish hook stuck in his finger. Apparently they were out fishing. Seeing that the kids did not appear to be doing anything wrong, and simply needed some help, I went in to the store and bought a first aide kit for them to pull the hook out and bandage his finger.

Totage's photo
Wed 07/24/19 11:46 AM

science fiction is becoming science reality.

i recently saw a video on YouTube regarding multiple universes; is it possible some may "blend into our reality even if only through dreams?"

Rick and Morty "Lawnmower Dog" episode.

Totage's photo
Wed 07/24/19 02:57 AM

Hi all. Are there any Web Designers signed up? I design websites and would like to hear your tips on Wordpress.

What are you trying to accomplish with Wordpress?

How can I learn web design?? Any good online sites
Short notes??

W3Schools
FreeCodeCamp
Google

i would to know how to get a free website domain or trail domain

A Google search will bring up tons of free sites to sign up for free hosting and domains.

Totage's photo
Wed 07/24/19 02:54 AM

Have you ever dreamed of something or someone later it happened just like in the dreams and how to explain this?

Ps:
1. over 20 years ago I dreamed of my leg bleeding one night the second day when I drove my scooter crossing the road without looking left and right first my left leg was hit a hole by a motorcycle I don’t know how this happened
2. One time I dreamed of traveling to another country seeing beautiful low clouds in the sunshine several years later I did see such beautiful clouds it was amazing

Used to more so when I was a child, it faded away as I got older. Once in a great while it will occur. I have the same recurring dreams anymore, every now again I'll get a new one.

Totage's photo
Wed 07/24/19 02:47 AM
Thank you all for your feedback. Your responses have been noted and are greatly appreciated.

As compensation for your time, you will each get a free cookie... an ad tracking cookie.

Totage's photo
Tue 07/23/19 02:35 AM

grumble
Give us a chance here in the UK, we've only just got rid of the clouds.
Let us have some sun for a couple weeks laugh

All your UK clouds have come here.

Totage's photo
Tue 07/23/19 02:30 AM
Ok, what about Custom Cloud Creations?

Totage's photo
Tue 07/23/19 12:55 AM
If you heard the word cuclso, what would you think of?

Totage's photo
Sun 07/21/19 03:11 PM

I had 5 cats and never declawed for all the reasons you listed.

Also it takes away their best tool, for all their activities.

Mine also never clawed the furniture or anything else because
I also always hat a scratch pole around for them to exercise
their claws ;-)

I've never had that problem either. It's also a matter of educating your cats when they first get to your place. A water pistol works a treat.
When my 2 cats were kittens still they climbed into everything, even my then partner's naked legs, hahahaha. I thought that was hilarious, he wasn't so amused, lol.

I have one who can be naughty and get on cupboards every now and then and once in a blue moon think he has the right to scratch his nails on the leg of a coffee table (always the same one).
But he quickly learns that is NOT done! Just verbally or again water.

Also a cat must have a place to sit in the window. They want to look out, esp male cats. So I cater for that too.
They're not allowed on the table, settee, cupboards, upstairs.
They do occasionally get on the settee if they're in at night, the sneaky b@st@rds, haha. But no scratching.

lol, water never worked as a deterrent for my cats. I taught them all early to love the water so that bath time wouldn't be difficult. Spray them with water, they love that and think it's play time. lol

Cats are smart and when you take the time to understand them, setting boundaries and what not is not so bad.

Bathe a cat????????? noway surprised

Cats actually don't mind water too much. If you notice most cats have webbed paws, that's for swimming. The misconception that cats hate water stems from their fur being hollow, so when they get wet it weighs them down and causes discomfort.

Totage's photo
Sat 07/20/19 06:57 PM

Ok, I am an older person, I find that when I text/email I use the old 'letter' writing etiquette - I open with a salutation, even just "Hi" then say what I am texting/emailing about - then end with a closing. So how many here find themselves still using 'old school' letter writing techniques in a time of "lol" "TTYL" and all the shorthand, most of which I am not familiar with?

And is it a bad thing to use some old school 'politeness'? Or am I a dinosaur? Do we all have to buy into QUICK in every text and email? (mostly texting)

I don't use short hand all that much. I do use lol quite a bit and will occasionally use short hand in casual convo such as these forums, but I try to refrain from it. I never use short hand in a professional or other formal manner. I don't think it's necessarily and older folks thing, but a smart people thing.

YO HO, long live smart people!!! Especially those of us who keep our beautiful language alive and practiced.

Make room the future leaders of the world (who knew Twitting would be how a US president communicates?) but while we live let some of old folks preserve writing as if it is a gift to give and to be recieved.

I've heard on the radio of couples hand writing each other letters to make them more special and they talked about that a couple times. I think especially in this day and age a hand written letter is the best way to make a special letter that much more special.

When I was growing up, my mom played this game with us where she would pretend she didn't know how to spell a word and ask us how to spell it, me and my sisters would try to spell correctly before the other. This helped me with being good at reading and writing. As I got older though, I got lazy, we got computers and there was spell check and all.

Totage's photo
Sat 07/20/19 06:00 PM

Ok, I am an older person, I find that when I text/email I use the old 'letter' writing etiquette - I open with a salutation, even just "Hi" then say what I am texting/emailing about - then end with a closing. So how many here find themselves still using 'old school' letter writing techniques in a time of "lol" "TTYL" and all the shorthand, most of which I am not familiar with?

And is it a bad thing to use some old school 'politeness'? Or am I a dinosaur? Do we all have to buy into QUICK in every text and email? (mostly texting)

I don't use short hand all that much. I do use lol quite a bit and will occasionally use short hand in casual convo such as these forums, but I try to refrain from it. I never use short hand in a professional or other formal manner. I don't think it's necessarily and older folks thing, but a smart people thing.

Totage's photo
Sat 07/20/19 12:51 PM

Okay, the title is a wee bit off, but that song came up, I couldn't help myself bigsmile

Question: How much money are you willing to spend on a T-shirt on average?

And is your choice defined by your income, having to look a certain way for work, insisting on a brand, and so on?

I like plain and boring clothes. I don't buy clothes to make a statement. I buy them because it's cheaper than going to jail for not buying them.

On average for a t-shirt, I'll spend around $13.00. That's because clothes are expensive, but anything cheaper would be more appropriate as nightwear.

Brand doesn't matter much to me. I buy based on quality and what I'm willing to pay.

Totage's photo
Sat 07/20/19 08:56 AM

I had 5 cats and never declawed for all the reasons you listed.

Also it takes away their best tool, for all their activities.

Mine also never clawed the furniture or anything else because
I also always hat a scratch pole around for them to exercise
their claws ;-)

I've never had that problem either. It's also a matter of educating your cats when they first get to your place. A water pistol works a treat.
When my 2 cats were kittens still they climbed into everything, even my then partner's naked legs, hahahaha. I thought that was hilarious, he wasn't so amused, lol.

I have one who can be naughty and get on cupboards every now and then and once in a blue moon think he has the right to scratch his nails on the leg of a coffee table (always the same one).
But he quickly learns that is NOT done! Just verbally or again water.

Also a cat must have a place to sit in the window. They want to look out, esp male cats. So I cater for that too.
They're not allowed on the table, settee, cupboards, upstairs.
They do occasionally get on the settee if they're in at night, the sneaky b@st@rds, haha. But no scratching.

lol, water never worked as a deterrent for my cats. I taught them all early to love the water so that bath time wouldn't be difficult. Spray them with water, they love that and think it's play time. lol

Cats are smart and when you take the time to understand them, setting boundaries and what not is not so bad.

Totage's photo
Sat 07/20/19 07:16 AM

So I met this really sweet guy off line. Lives at a nice house that has many steps, just to get into the house. Unfortunately I have a sprained ankle. This would be the first meeting EVER outside of just some small talk at a bar. Would it be awkward to ask him to carry me about? He wants me over to his place after dinner. It just seems a bit strange to me. Have any guys had to do this or ladies have been helped like this.

If you have to ask if it would be awkward, then I'd say don't go. Also, I think it'd be best if you take it easy and heal before going out.

As nice a guy as he may seem, if he were to carry you out and drop you, you could get injured even more, or if he carries you the wrong way could injure himself.

Sounds like it may be a bit early in the relationship to be going to each others home just yet, but maybe once you heal, you could go to lunch or dinner, and progress from there.

Totage's photo
Sat 07/20/19 07:11 AM

I say no to declawing. It is painful to cats. they cut off the tip of the toes of the cat. I read an article from about 8 years ago from someone who was bothered that their cat was scratching their furniture, and getting that surgery (it is surgery). If your furniture is that important, maybe you should not have pets. Cats need to have their claws.

Declawing a cat is inhumane and actually makes them more aggressive. Think about it, you'd be pretty angry if some one cut off all your fingers too.

It's not difficult to train a cat to claw at a scratch post. There are caps you can put in the their nails as well. If you cut their nails proper, they won't destroy furniture. Take them to the vet or groomers and get their nails cut and capped and train them to claw at a designated scratch post.

Totage's photo
Sat 07/20/19 07:05 AM

Now I'm really curious if any woman on here does this.
Watching 'how to' vids on make-up, I get tired just watching it. And the amount of chit you need...
Hydrators, make-up setters, concealer, foundation, powder... Then there's make-up blenders, a gazillion brushes for each product, meaning you have a lot of work cleaning all that stuff every day, which must be tedious to stop bacteria growth in them.

My head is spinning, I cannot even remember the following order, the products used where and when, hihi.
Plus, it costs a ton of money.

Now if you have bad skin, red veins, acne scars and whatever, I can understand a woman doing it.
Hell, it can look very beautiful & natural provided the right products are used. You don't have to look like a mummy at all. In a way I envy these women for their patience and artwork, haha.

The only thing I've ever had is dark rings underneath my eyes. Even as a kid I had this. Got laughed at by teenagers for putting eye-shadow underneath my eyes.
Apart from that no one ever commented on it, no one notices it.

I do not use any of the products mentioned. I just can't be bothered, hihi. Too much time of the day wasted on it.
I'm an Artemis type of woman, natural.

but who on here does use it, and is a make-up lover?
Again, that doesn't mean you have to look like you wear an overdose. I'm certain many do, I know most younger women use all these things.

The beauty industry is an evil industry. There's no need for all this complicated crap. The secret to wearing make-up properly is so that it looks like you're not really wearing it.

For the most part, the women in my family like to keep it simple with their makeup, they may wear eye shadow, foundation, lipstick from time to time, but they don't get too crazy with all that stuff. My exes have all been the same way.

At work, most of the women get how make up works. Every now and again it will generally be a newer younger lady that gets carried away with her make up, but they usually don't last long.

Totage's photo
Sat 07/20/19 06:45 AM

My ex wanted me to literally walk all over her. When she wanted me to crack her back, she wanted me to stand on her back. I didn't like that because you can really cause some damage doing that. I don't even like doing the thing where one crosses their arms and you lift them from behind. IDK, just seems too risky to me. I did like to give her a back massage and crack her back that way. It was nice, intimate, and safe... and it worked.

well now that she is your ex, don't you wish at times that you did walk all over her. Just asking because you had mentioned many times in the forums you were feeling so bad when she took your kids away from you. None of my business? ok then, I apologize.

You're good darling. flowerforyou

"My Only Regret... Is That I Have Boneitis..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O1TbUHGN_k

Totage's photo
Fri 07/19/19 07:16 PM

When I read two boys crying on the railway station one helped the other call his girlfriend who didn’t answer his phone because he annoyed her and the girl wanted to go back to her hometown on the train at night
Ps: The two boys didn’t know each other before. At last the helper successfully called the other boy’s gf with a number from a different province and messaged her his bf loved her so much.

Last thing to move me to tears was the dream I had of holding my children. I usually don't have a sense of feeling in my dreams, it's one of the ques I usually use to sense when I'm dreaming, but when I could actually feel them in my hands, I had to force myself to wake.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25