Community > Posts By > Totage

Totage's photo
Mon 06/24/19 01:34 AM

anyone any views on getting wound up easyly

I don't get wound up. explode

Totage's photo
Sun 06/23/19 11:04 AM

who else loves the scent of a fresh rose?

I'm not too fond of the scent of flowers and such. Though I do appreciate the smell of money, gasoline, fresh cut hay, fresh cut grass, fresh mulch, etc. I may be a city boy on the surface, but I'm a country boy at heart.

Totage's photo
Sun 06/23/19 09:36 AM

I agree......dating sites have never worked for me, but then again neither has smiling.... 46 and never dated! Probably too old fashioned in my outlook, but happy to die alone.

Right? These "new folk" are ****ing crazy. Wish we were in older times when people were some what normal.

Totage's photo
Sun 06/23/19 08:59 AM

In the debate surrounding abortion, it is hard to believe we will ever make progress, because it just seems impossible to discuss the topic in some manner other than defensively. And when people are defensive, they aren't really listening for understanding, so much as listening for opportunity to defend.

I am pro life, for instance. But I do not demonize pro choicers or frame their perspective as being 'murderers' and such. I think that is a problem on both sides, this false narrative that to be pro something you have to be ant something else.

So, instead of pro choicers having a noble intention of wanting to protect the female's 'control' over the process of pregnancy, they are framed too often as 'anti lifers' who dont care about human life.

And instead of pro lifers having the noble intention of wanting to protect the most helpless of human life, they are framed too often as being 'anti choicers' who want to oppress or control women.

I am hoping to see a different national framing of this debate, one where both sides consider the truly noble things that both side is standing FOR, instead of dismissing either side for what they are falsely accused of being AGAINST. Maybe one day we can be less divided on the issue, stop dismissing or demonizing either side, and start thinking of solutions that truly consider the concerns of both sides.

I'm a firm believer that in this day and age abortion should not even be an option as medical technology should be advanced enough to avoid such situations. I certainly don't believe in getting an abortion simply because of an unwanted pregnancy, that is murder no matter how you try to justify it or word it.

Totage's photo
Sun 06/23/19 08:50 AM

I grew up among the first few generations of tv children. So I heard the word "amazing" used almost entirely to refer to how I was supposed to feel about new commercial products.

I never once actually FELT amazed, I always felt rather annoyed, even as a small child. And not just because they were interrupting The Lone Ranger to "amaze" me, I was annoyed because using that word to talk about junk like kitchen utensils, contributed to my gradual suspicion that I didn't really belong on this planet at all.

Now that I'm ancient, I do actually occasionally feel amazed. Mostly by the huge surprise, when inexplicably, the collection of humans around me actually manage to do something VERY good for each other, that doesn't benefit themselves personally.

Although I must admit, I am also rather amazed when pretty much ANY advertised product of any kind, actually does exactly what it was advertised to do. I'd begun to believe that there was a secret law, that all advertising MUST promise at least fifty percent more than any product can actually do.

Actually, in advertising/marketing you're not selling the product/service itself but a story/dream of what that product/service can do for the consumer. Really though that's just fancy talk for **** it, let's just scam the people for all money we can get out of them. At the end of the day a salesperson is just a con artist, but hey we all gotta eat one way or another, right?

Totage's photo
Sun 06/23/19 08:44 AM

I am 23 old, never had a girlfriend, hope to find how that feel. It is my first time using dating site.

GL, a 23 year old virgin, you have your work cut out for you, but I suppose there's someone out there somewhere willing to give you a chance, just know it's gonna be a long hard road before you find them. At least you're trying though, right?

I don't think a dating site is really gonna do it for you though. You gotta get out there. You can start small, a simple smile goes a long way, but don't be out there looking like a thirsty clown, a simple smile and nod can lead to a nice conversation with a nice person, which can lead to more, or not but hey at least it's more than what you've got now, right?

Totage's photo
Sun 06/23/19 07:53 AM

Amazing to me is the fact that despite how hard I have tried to kill myself, I have yet to be successful.

amazing life, ha,ha,ha,ha

IDK about that, I did get two amazing children out of it, one non-biological and one biological, so I guess everything leading up to that point has been done for the better, everything I've done after they were born has been for their best interests, not mine, so I guess the most amazing thing in my life has been my fatherhood. Up until I had my children, I've done everything in my life for me and my own happiness. I've come to a point in my life where I accept that I will never know true happiness and this has helped me to dedicate my whole existence to my children, all that I do now is for them and their best interest. For example, where I am now I could be contempt, but it's certainly not where I want to raise my children, so I am still looking for a better place for them, not so much for me, but some where they will have a better today and a better future. It's amazing to see how I can care about other people so much more than I care about myself. I've never cared about anyone more than myself until my children came into my life. I wouldn't change that for anything. I love them beyond comprehension. They truly are my life now.

Totage's photo
Sun 06/23/19 04:15 AM

Hypothetically speaking... if you could go into space, would you? To be far away enough to look back at Earth and to hold up your hand, open your fingers so you visually 'hold' Earth between your index finger and thumb?
Does that idea thrill you or not?
How attached are you to Earth and keeping your feet on the ground or do you feel more like an adventurous space devil?

I've panicked when on Google Maps a while back and I accidentally scrolled out too far. Suddenly I was in space, looking at Earth. I seriously panicked, my heart beating so hard it almost jumped out of my chest.
I'm very careful these days when on Google maps, haha. The b@st@rdos could have a warning first.

I would not want to go in space. I'd flip if I'd see my planet at a distance and me not being on it. I'm not even sure I'd do it if I was given a million for it. Tempting but I think even then I wouldn't. I'd totally freak out, haha.

I love our planet Earth and prefer to keep my feet on it!'

What about you?

I'd leave and never come back. In the end, we all go to space anyway. Kind of ironic that we all come from space as well. Well, that's the basic gist of life, we all come from space and end up back in space, there's a little more to it than just that, but yeah, that's pretty much it.

Totage's photo
Sun 06/23/19 02:46 AM

The Moon Landing in 1969 was an amazing feat in space travel, the fact some people believe it never truly happened, that it was faked, I find even more amazing.

Right? Given the technology of that time and the fact that there is actual evidence you can physically see. I would say that would be one hell of a good hoax for them to pull off, if it were fake.

I've seen the moon rover and tracks myself. I've actually seen the signal from the reflector as well. I know for a fact that we have been to the moon and it's not possible that it could have faked.

Amazing to me is the fact that despite how hard I have tried to kill myself, I have yet to be successful.

Totage's photo
Sun 06/23/19 02:40 AM

Me & Girlfriend decided to live differently

So, what's the question?

Totage's photo
Sun 06/23/19 02:12 AM

So what happens when somebody moves in with you and then after some time you decide it's not working... you don't hate the other person they are quite nice.. but they make you a little crazy and you are no longer feeling it..... how do you go about getting them out without causing a lot of problems....?.

Are they on the lease and bills? Do they have mail being delivered to that address? A nice honest discussion about the situation would be the best way to initiate the process. It may simply take a discussion for them to surrender their residency, if that doesn't work you may need to evict them, if they are legally a residence. You may need to speak with a lawyer depending on what your lease and local laws say about the situation. You might be screwed and have to leave yourself. It really depends on what kind of living situation and where you're at.

Totage's photo
Sun 06/23/19 01:58 AM

If you were given a control with a big red button on that would instantly transport you into a different dimension would you p...,..............

Depends on what that dimension was like. If it was something like Ricks portal gun, then hell yes, but if it was some lame one dimension knock off, like I said it would depend on what that dimension was like. I'm not gonna trade one sh== hole for another.

Totage's photo
Sat 06/22/19 10:48 PM

wuba wuba dub dub ":<*&^ (%$#@!

^ This guy gets it. drinker drinker drinker drinker

Totage's photo
Sat 06/22/19 10:46 PM

Can be a good friendship converted into love

??? Is this a question or a statement? Love is a spectrum, and friendship is on that spectrum. If you don't have some level of love for a friend, then they are not a friend but more of an associate, but even then there is some level of love.

Totage's photo
Sat 06/22/19 10:35 PM

I'm a single mother of 4 pregnant with 5th I'm insecure and lonley have been cheated on while pregnant with my last child I've had my last child taken from me from his dad can't see my son and got pregnant same dad again with another son I feel alone and hopeless just wanting to know is there men who don't turn there backs on the women they impregnate is there a man who would heal my forgotten broken heart.

Sounds like you have some issues you need to resolve before even thinking about a relationship. Focus on what's best for your children and getting yourself better, then maybe you can start looking for a relationship, but it sounds like you should put that on hold for a while and take care of more important things right now.

Totage's photo
Sat 06/22/19 10:13 PM

No, I'm an A-hole.

Well, that would make you a Rick, and I can't disagree with you there my friend. Actually, though Ricks not really an a-hole per se, just smart and doesn't have tolerance for a lot of BS, a lot like you.

Totage's photo
Sat 06/22/19 09:12 PM
Are you a Rick or a Morty?

Trick question, you're all a bunch of Jerrys, now get out of my garage and don't touch anything.

Totage's photo
Sat 04/06/19 12:38 AM

A little small talk can go a long wat, and you can definitely tell in the first 2 minutes whether someone is interested or not.

That's what they say, but I disagree with that. Your perception can get in the way, their personality can be misread or misunderstood, etc. You don't know someone well enough to judge their interest in a few minutes, at least not accurately.

Then again, some times it takes some people years to figure out they were never really interested in the first place.

Totage's photo
Mon 03/18/19 11:24 AM

Welcome to the forums.

If I knew the question, I'd know how to answer.what

Just like a woman to reply like that. tongue2

Totage's photo
Mon 03/18/19 11:17 AM

What causes people to write hateful things to people they have no interest in??
(and weho certainly never messaged *them*)

Boredom?
They are just ****** people?

What's the point?
What do they hope to accomplish by ths?

Not sure but it seriously seems like something a rapist or serial killer would do. The internet gives people a false sense of anonomity and more people are inclined to act out in such a manner online but really that same mentality is why many rapists and serial killers act out as they do, at least from what I know of.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25