Community > Posts By > Totage

Totage's photo
Mon 03/18/19 11:09 AM
Let's say you're at the grocery store or at work and a guy finds you attractive and would like to ask you out for say dinner. How would you like them to approach you? Would you rather them just come out and say it, a complete stranger stating they find you beautiful and would let to take you out to dinner and get to know you or would you rather they engage you in small talk to get to know you then ask you out to dinner?

Totage's photo
Sun 03/17/19 05:14 PM
Google Rick and Morty State of Georgia Vs Rick Allen

Totage's photo
Sun 03/17/19 05:06 PM

Totage. sorry to hear of your problems. when my first marriage went belly up, I was pretty stirred up for a good while , I still remember how it feels. my daughter was everything to me. her mother left me for a chap that didn't work out, and she got custody.

It doesn't help you cause to express any anger, I know its really hard, it took me 6 months to calm down. no really 6 months. you have to stay calm at all times. let some time go by. its all about acceptance. All you can do is take it on the chin, and wait for the bruises to heal. I know you want to do something now,
But there are no easy answers. Give yourself time off.

My daughter comes to see me now all the time, it gets better.....in time..

I appreciate what youre saying but acceptance is just another word for giving up. Ill always fight for my kids.

Totage's photo
Sun 03/17/19 04:47 PM

Recently aquired a cardboard dryer box...
Two stories now ppl. Living large enjoying life. Need this happiness shared :wink:

You can buy a brand new dumpster for 500 usd.

Totage's photo
Sun 03/17/19 04:46 PM

Great! You know more than I do.

It says what to use on the cap but couldn't find it in the store. I found the right one though. Still need a flush but I'll get that done later.

Totage's photo
Sun 03/17/19 04:28 PM

Recently aquired a cardboard dryer box...
Two stories now ppl. Living large enjoying life. Need this happiness shared :wink:

You can buy a brand new dumpster for 500 USD.

Totage's photo
Sun 03/17/19 04:24 PM
Figured it out, they had the dex-cool I needed.

Totage's photo
Sun 03/17/19 03:41 PM
So, finally figured out where the power steering reservoir is on my van cleaned up the engine a bit and added Lucas stop leak, seems to have done the trick for now but we'll see.

As I was checking other fluids, I noticed my coolant is a little low and not looking good. It needs flushed but for now I'm just going to top it off until I can get that done. It looks like it's just water and dirty so I'm not sure what coolant to get. Would a universal coolant be ok or should I just get it flushed and take care of it then?

Totage's photo
Sun 03/17/19 09:03 AM
Yup, I have a feeling this is exactly how my court date is going to go.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WTWdP5DMdsM

Totage's photo
Sun 03/17/19 01:49 AM

If I may......

Deleting say, 6 people takes 2 seconds: reporting/blocking 1 person takes at least ten times as long.

My key question is: "does simply deleting them (as opposed to reporting/blocking them) prevent those particular ones from re-appearing?"

I seem unable to get an answer to this. Do you have any ideas as to how I might get one?!

Thanks for your assistance.

kpl

Short answer is not exactly, best bet to block. Think of delete as a "soft" remove and block as a "hard" remove.

Totage's photo
Sun 03/17/19 01:46 AM
No problem, if they're eager off the bat or pushy about using email or text, just block and move on. There's no reason a real person would need to have you go off site to communicate. The Private messaging system here is sufficient and available unlimited to all members free and paid, so no reason to go off site. Stay on site so that if they are fake/scammer/etc they can be blocked and reported.

Totage's photo
Sun 03/17/19 01:33 AM
Edited by Totage on Sun 03/17/19 01:33 AM
As Soufie (a seasoned site mod) has mentioned, your best bet is to block which does take more time initially, but saves time in the long run.

Totage's photo
Sun 03/17/19 01:29 AM

Hi everyone, i am really new on this website and this question might sound really stupid but here i go; what is up with girls or boys sending their emails to chat via email. I dont understand. would it be a move from a scammer or something else?

Yup, scammers will lure you off site as to avoid being hit with the ToS violations. It's much more difficult to block and report scammers offsite than onsite. Advice is to stay onsite until you have actually met.

Totage's photo
Sun 03/17/19 01:15 AM

Ye can't be havin' corned beef, without the cabbage.

I only eat cabbage with mashed taters and that's not very often.

Totage's photo
Sun 03/17/19 12:47 AM

How can you trust people without knowing well for which you must chatt for longer

Chatting doesn't really reinforce trust. Hell, I've known people my whole life that I don't trust. If they tell me the sky is blue, I'm looking up at the sky, 'cause it sure as hell ain't blue. Then again, there's people I've known less than 5 minutes that I could trust with my life. I don't trust anyone with anything though. The only thing I trust and believe in any more is that people will disappoint you eventually, and that never fails.

Totage's photo
Sun 03/17/19 12:36 AM

She learned how to cut it right from her father

Wouldn't that be Corned Human, not beef?

I have Irish Coffee.
Some years I have a 'modified' Irish Stew. Not this year tho...

Actually no, her father taught her how to properly cut the corned beef. Sorry, I wish I had a better story to share, but hey stayed tuned I'm sure I'll have some stories here shortly.

Totage's photo
Sat 03/16/19 10:58 PM

It's a thing. I'm making corned beef. I have to have potatoes. I live in the potato state.

Funny, I never really had corned beef until my ex. She learned how to cut it right from her father and she made and cut it good. I haven't had it for a while, but I might have to make me some here soon. Corned beef and potatoes sounds good.

Now, I'm thinking about stopping by your place for some of that corned beef and taters. :P I think it would taste much better with you, as good company tends to make good food taste much better. :)

Totage's photo
Sat 03/16/19 10:51 PM
Beauty is a perception. What's beautiful to one may be anothers ugly.

Totage's photo
Sat 03/16/19 10:13 PM

can i meet some special ?

The comments here don't surprise me.

I'm a single father too, but at this point I've given up on finding someone. Right now, all I'm worried about it raising my children, once they're old enough I'll already be set in my ways and all, so yeah I may as well just give up now.

You on the other hand seem to still want to find love or at least someone to have a relationship with, nothing wrong with that at all and there are woman that would love to be with you and your kids.

Now, it's not as simple as it was before you had kids, now it's not just you that's going into any relationship, it's you and your kids and that's much more responsibility on you. If a woman can't handle the fact that you are a father, that just saves you some time, move on, there's going to be a lot of that, but don't let it discourage you.

Totage's photo
Sat 03/16/19 04:47 PM

I'm sorry to say, I don't think there is any possible reliable solution to this. At least, not until and unless we discover some new technology that allows us to completely replay entire events back, for after the fact judgments to be made.

At most, what I support, is to increase education for everyone, as far as teaching everyone how to do a better job of reasoning through accusations and actively understanding the differences between accusations and actual occurrences.

One of the biggest challenges, is that we have, and must maintain, freedom of the press. Despite the fact that there is no way to insure that a free press, will be a responsible and wise press.

And as well, we do want leaders who speak out forthrightly on issues of the day, including this area, but again, we can't easily prevent the careless, or even worse, the intentionally misleading speakers from taking the forum.

Finally, we have to accept and TRY to deal with the fact that there are very real incentives for all the participants to behave very badly. In particular, professional news people and politicians, derive personal advancement and income benefits, from reporting both nasty accusations, AND reporting suspicions of FALSE accusations, with a lot of irresponsible speculation, and incendiary language.

All of which, again, makes education in REASONING, of the highest importance.

Right, but as you mentioned there is a lot of incentive for the opposite. Feminist and other extremist have a high interest and the funds to push an agenda that is against logical reasoning.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25