Community > Posts By > Totage

Totage's photo
Mon 12/28/20 08:13 AM

Guess what ??? ???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a giggle . ... Thought I would check out what is going to be hot in 2021 .. and what we have to look forward to this coming year .

Starting with the obvious trend ... fashion .,,

Did you know that shoulder pads are making a comeback !!!! Omg .. Not sure how I feel about that lol ... I am
Sure all the mingle men will be excited though .. something new to squeeze :wink:

something I am excited about ., white knee high boots smitten you will have to wait for my photo debut ., they are not yet on sale in nz but I am working on my tan :angel:

http://www.thetrendspotter.net/fashion-trends-spring-summer-2021/

For men .. it is goodbye skinny jeans and hello wide trousers , bomber jackets and oversized trenchcoats . Wondering who will be the first mingle man to show off his chest wearing the new wrap around kimono style shirt :smile:

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/fashion/article/spring-summer-2021-trends-for-men?amp

Whether you follow trends or not .., If you come across any new trends you wish to share (fashion , underwear , style or otherwise ) please share on this thread .

I am off to check the latest in personal grooming ., I heard a rumour hair is back in vogue and glittery bum cheeks might be a thing ., let you know what I discover bigsmile bigsmile :tongue2 waving

I don't follow trends, but I mix and match ideas that I get from like-minded people, people that are successful in areas that I strive to be more successful in, etc. So, my style is inspired by those that inspire me. It's not expressive though, but that's kind of the point.

Totage's photo
Mon 12/28/20 08:05 AM

People have been asking themselves this question for many centuries. But there
are no fewer doubters.

Genesis 1: 1 says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
Does anyone else believe that all this splendor is the sky and everything on it,
the earth and everything that happened on it by chance, as a result of a big bang?
All this could not happen by chance, by chance!

And how did we humans appear? Are we descended from monkeys as a result of
evolution?
Of course not!
God created the first people in his own image and likeness, as stated in Genesis
2: 7 - "And Jehovah God went on to form the man out of dust from the ground and to
blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living person."

Such complex systems as man, animals, different laws of nature could not arise by
chance, but only by the will of the wise Creator. And God is such a Creator !!!

Therefore, God exists and he is real!

IDK, have you seen how people behave? You don't think there's some monkey blood in us?

Totage's photo
Mon 12/28/20 07:12 AM
So you find it noble for a woman to deny the father any involvement in raising his child? What do you mean by choosing to be a single mother?

Totage's photo
Sat 12/26/20 04:31 PM

If a woman wants to have kids but not any relationship that can be found, I think there is nothing wrong with that. Thatโ€™s what I was talking about when I said thatโ€™s a strong way to be.

A woman that chooses to be a single parent like that is a horrible parent, selfish and self centered.

Totage's photo
Sat 12/26/20 01:20 PM
I don't see being a single mother as heroism or anything. Most of the time it's selfishness, putting ones wants above their child's needs. Not to say that there are not situations in which single parenting is necessary, such as death, or abuse, but most of the ones I see are just selfishness and self centeredness. Your happiness is not even secondary once you have children and if your children are not the number one priority, you're a bad parent.

Then again, it's easy for me to devalue happiness. I don't put much if any weight into emotions and feelings, I see them more as obstacles to progression and survival. I tend to put logic above emotion and feelings.

I've dated mothers before I had children. I don't want any more children, so I'm not really as open to dating a mother as I was before. I wouldn't expect a non mother to accept my children as their own or take on a stepmother role, so I'm not inclined to dating a woman who hasn't had children either.

I'm good with raising my children on my own. I just hope I'm not too much of an a-hole so that when they put me in a retirement home, it's a nice one.

Totage's photo
Wed 12/23/20 02:20 PM

Unrelated but possibly significant to privacy invasion.

My sister was telling me she thinks someone is listening to her conversations at home. She has a smart TV and a fire-stick. plus cell phones and a laptop.

She was telling me she and her husband were talking about buying him a couple trail cams. She said over the next few days she was bombarded with advertisements for trail cams.

Then they were discussing buying a gaming system for their grandson. Lo & behold they were bombarded with ads for PlayStation and X-Box.

They think their smart TV has a microphone in it.
I laughed and told her they were being paranoid.

Then I got a new computer with Windoze 10.
While tweaking it, I found Cortana turned on by default.
Cortana is voice recognition software and windoze 10 is set up to communicate online with Microsoft.
I also found remote sharing turned on by default.
I don't have a smart TV but with what I found in my windoze 10 system, I can believe anything with a mic could now be transmitting.

Cell phones have microphones and connect-ability. Its not a stretch to think someone might be listening.

Samsung as well as some others have lawsuits against them for that. Yes, your devices do listen even when you have those features turned off.

Totage's photo
Sat 12/19/20 10:01 PM

The SIM card contains your account info and permissions. Basically, the cell tower has a bouncer and your SIM is your ID to get in and tells them what you can and can't do. Because of this, it's able to track you and your activity.

Your phone can be traced via the GPS and wifi as well.

If the phone is dead, it's not traceable. Powered off, not traceable. Without sending out a signal, it's not traceable. Take the battery out and it won't be traced.

Totage's photo
Thu 12/17/20 09:02 AM

Just in a movie, he takes out the SIM card, chucks the phone so he cannot be traced.
But... I thought it was through the SIM card you could be traced???
Anyone?

That's one way through the SIM, tower pinging, etc. The phone can still be traced without the SIM.

Totage's photo
Sat 11/28/20 03:23 PM

He's not a real man if he don't find fart jokes funny.

IDC how old I get, crop dusting a Walmart aisle will always make me chuckle.

Totage's photo
Sat 11/28/20 11:38 AM

It seems many people are experiencing strange dreams during this Pandemic lockdown.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/52354371/coronavirus-dreams-why-are-people-having-lockdown-nightmares

Have you had any strange dreams, or heard of anyone experiencing them during this lockdown?

https://www.thisman.org/

Totage's photo
Sat 11/28/20 07:41 AM

is it possible to find an honest mature man in this world?

By "mature" do you mean pay your bills on time and always wear clean underwear or do you mean no longer finding fart jokes funny?

Totage's photo
Fri 11/27/20 04:56 AM

Hi Members, :relaxed:

I was wondering in which section I can ask you about what do you think about Tesla Model X?
I was decided that this subject fit to Technology :blush:

Have a beautiful day

I've heard some crazy stories about some of their older models. I've heard some celebrities talk about their Teslas (not sure which models) and they seem to like them. I haven't really looked much into them or anything yet, but might see how far out of reach it would be for me to get one some day.

Totage's photo
Wed 11/25/20 12:48 PM
Edited by Totage on Wed 11/25/20 12:53 PM

Mother Mary is NOT an important figure in the bible. Her name is probably mentioned 12 times in the Holy Scriptures. The only important account we have of her, is the message which she received about the birth of Christ. The 2nd message, fleeing to Egypte, went to Joseph and he informed his wife.

Right, she gave birth to Jesus, but isn't really significant aside from that. Anyway, the nativity scene isn't really about "Christmas", as "Christmas" isn't a Christian holiday.

Totage's photo
Tue 11/24/20 09:48 AM

Just wondering, do Christians also display a nativity set at home for Christmas? I was wondering about this the other day. I have no idea, I'm Catholic although not practising. But since we do have Mary we also have a nativity set, although not everyone does this anymore.

But Christians reject Mary, so... what about the nativity set?
And with Christians I mean the non-Catholics, protestants, reformed, evangelists etc.
Oh, and Church of England? I suppose so as this is much like Catholicism I think?

Just curious, not after a religious debate.

I never heard of Christians rejecting Mary. Where did that come from?

I don't display a nativity set. My grandmother was catholic and had a little nativity set by her tree, but I don't think it was a catholic thing necessarily.

Just stuff you are told 'along the way'.
Could be that I misinterpreted it, don't know.

I think I can kinda see where you'd get that idea, if you were more catholic influenced than Christian influenced, but Christians don't reject Mary. She was the mother of Jesus Christ, that's accepted, but she's not held above anyone else or anything like that.

Totage's photo
Tue 11/24/20 08:29 AM

Just wondering, do Christians also display a nativity set at home for Christmas? I was wondering about this the other day. I have no idea, I'm Catholic although not practising. But since we do have Mary we also have a nativity set, although not everyone does this anymore.

But Christians reject Mary, so... what about the nativity set?
And with Christians I mean the non-Catholics, protestants, reformed, evangelists etc.
Oh, and Church of England? I suppose so as this is much like Catholicism I think?

Just curious, not after a religious debate.

I never heard of Christians rejecting Mary. Where did that come from?

I don't display a nativity set. My grandmother was catholic and had a little nativity set by her tree, but I don't think it was a catholic thing necessarily.

Totage's photo
Fri 11/20/20 09:49 PM

I can't seem to control these kids now. I fear they are going wayward

Not sure if it's a real quote but in a movie about his life Stanley Williams explains that raising children is like shooting a bow. You point the arrow at the target, pullb back and let go, but the arrow can go straight and hit the target, it can stray the the right or left and miss the target, it chooses its path. Something along those lines.

You don't control your children. You create a path for them, teach them. You let them know that you're there to guide them on the best path, but if they stray you're there to help guide them back to the right path.

Totage's photo
Fri 11/20/20 08:26 PM

The first time when I looked to Google, and didn't get an answer. Has this happened to anyone?

More often than you'd think. That's why there's Bing, Yandex, and DuckDuckGo as well. Those are the major search engines.

You may need to broaden your query as it seems to be a very specific one that not many people look for.

You can also try medical journals and such. You can also try searching medical sites to see if they yield better results.

Totage's photo
Tue 11/17/20 08:25 AM

Hello,

I hope that you are fine and safe. What do you mean by "a SIP phone".

Have a nice day

SIP is the protocol used for VoIP (Internet phone such as Vonage).

Totage's photo
Sun 11/15/20 09:49 AM
Edited by Totage on Sun 11/15/20 09:51 AM

It's certainly an ambitious project, to give internet access to the entire planet. However, I do have some reservations about the number of satellites involved and this can only add to the junk problem in near earth orbit. We really need to clean up this junk before either there's a catastrophic incident that takes out a lot of our ability to communicate globally or we surround ourselves with junk that locks us in. This latter is more unlikely but it is a possibility.

There's so much junk in space they have to schedule and reschedule launches to avoid it.

Unfortunately people didn't care about rubbish, the millions tons of plastics in the oceans are kills the nature.
It doesn't matter where it will be, I think that until they don't change the way of thinking nothing will change unfortunately.
We have to care about place where we living.

Yeah, but they did make the solar panels on the Starlink satellites less reflective because they were too bright when launching into orbit.

Totage's photo
Sun 11/15/20 07:18 AM
Edited by Totage on Sun 11/15/20 07:19 AM

A bit over hyped, but they want to launch a shiz ton of them, which will be needed for the goal. You should have a look at all the space junk they have tracked so far, these will all be added to that eventually.

http://stuffin.space/

Hi, :relaxed:

I was watching today on YouTube channel the man from North Dakota was monting Satellite dish of Starlink and he was doing speed test, in mountains.
He was achieving about 50-100Mbps :relaxed:
Now he has in this place a snow and it is not to bad still.
Rain and clouds doesn't effect speeds.

Satellites, in general, have greatly improved since the 50s. I don't think the goal is necessarily faster or even more reliable satellite internet, but more so just making internet accessible in every part of the world regardless of how remote.

The speed is about average for satellite, some can get even faster speeds, but not nearly as much coverage as Starlink will have, which is the entire world, literally.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25