Community > Posts By > papersmile

papersmile's photo
Sat 03/27/10 11:01 AM
have you ever purchased something you thought would be great, but it ended up being a pile of worthless junk?

we just got back from wal-mart. two of my kids have braces and i figured a water-pik would be a good alternative/assistance to flossing (it's quite difficult to floss with braces).

i can't really say that it's good, can't quite figure if it's totally junk, but the kids have been up there having fun spitting the excess water over themselves and the mirror for about 1/2 hour so i've at least been able to nurse my headache for a bit.

papersmile's photo
Sat 03/27/10 10:58 AM

i don't wear anything that doesn't cover the majority of my body. no swimsuits for me. i don't go shirtless except when i shower and sleep. no one wants to see a fat naked guy. and that includes shirtless.

. . .

i figure if someone is repulsed by what they see when they look at me, they can avert their eyes, giggle behind their hands, or whatever. i go to the beach to have fun and get a suntan and i'll be damned if worrying about what another thinks of me will deter me from doing just that.

papersmile's photo
Sat 03/27/10 10:14 AM
i almost always wear a bikini and i prefer them multi-coloured as opposed to a solid colour. i like flowery patterns best, in hues of blues and/or pinks

papersmile's photo
Sat 03/27/10 06:10 AM
i'd also ask if, when he takes off his socks, does he lay them flat on the floor, keep them rolled up in balls, and/or put them in the hamper.

papersmile's photo
Sat 03/27/10 05:19 AM
judging by all the other dudes in the background and that they all look similar, i'd say there's some sort of contest/convention going on and i give him kudos for getting out there and having some fun.

papersmile's photo
Fri 03/26/10 03:41 AM
case in point

papersmile's photo
Fri 03/26/10 03:27 AM

i think "age just a number as long as you are happy dose it mater

if my 18-year-old daughter were dating a 40+ man, yes it would matter very much to me.

papersmile's photo
Fri 03/26/10 03:14 AM
Edited by papersmile on Fri 03/26/10 03:15 AM

why is it that on all the sites i have gone to i find girls who say "i dont care how a man looks but how he treats me" and yet when i talk to them they just either ignore me or tell me im not their type??????? I have had 2 girlfriends and i am almost 20. only 2 women actually backed it up. can anyone explain it to me??????

i think that even though physical attraction is an important component in whether or not a person will be interested, i do also believe that attraction begins on the inside and grows outward and that people become more beautiful to you once you start to love them.

i've dated many a guy and i look back and wonder 'why?' and come up with that they had charming and bold personalities with which to interest me. from there, the physical attraction grew.

of course, no one wants to date people who we don't find physically good looking at all. as well, if the email is a one-liner or doesn't offer much in the way of starting a conversation, sometimes it doesn't matter how handsome one is.

papersmile's photo
Fri 03/26/10 03:05 AM
when i first began talking online, stuff like that would really upset me as well. i couldn't believe people could be so cruel and assumptive without having spoken more than a couple of sentences with me. i also couldn't believe that there were people lurking about who were less than sincere.

it's sort of sad in a way, but you'll build up an immunity to these sorts after you've dealt with a few of them.

papersmile's photo
Thu 03/25/10 03:20 AM
It's not a big deal to me. I'm not the one starting a fight whatever the issue is. I don't argue about such mundane things. I ignore them.

It's my feeling that if something is important to you, you should take care of it.

your partner's wishes and feelings are mundane? wow! WOW!!

it's my thought that if something is important to my partner, it becomes important to me - because of his worth and value in my eyes. i may be forgetful, or busy, or something, but i'd never tell him that his thoughts are 'mundane'. wow! WOW!!

(i think i might know about to what crap you are referring!)

papersmile's photo
Wed 03/24/10 05:16 PM
i don't imagine anyone would fit all that criteria; i think lex is correct in his assumptions.

(but i'll have fun watching all ya'll try to fix him up with such a gal)

papersmile's photo
Wed 03/24/10 05:14 PM

Yes, I'm a little sloppy. Yes, I forget things. Yes, I eat poorly and smoke too much. She should get used to it or move on.

i'm always amused to read how people refuse to change, anything, for anyone, and then wonder why they are alone?

what's wrong with trying to do something for something you love, if only to make them happy and to show them how much you care of their opinion?

i'm not talking about core values here, but what's the big deal about picking up your socks if she asks you to and tells you that it bothers her? she should pack her bags and leave? over that?

Firstly, I'm not alone. As a matter of fact, I had a date last night, I have a date tonight and I have another one planned for tomorrow. Two different women.

We're not talking about giving a gift here. We're talking about making a huge change in the way we've lived our whole life. Moreover, I don't ask a woman to change. Why should she ask me?

What the big deal about picking up our socks for us if they are bothering you? It doesn't trouble me to have my socks on the floor and I don't understand why it does you.

Is it really worth fighting about? I think not.

it sounds as though it's worth it to you. indifferent

second, it was my turn to be general; i was not speaking about you in particular, i just chose to use your quote to show an example.

the big deal is that people tend to feel special and loved when we think another is not only listening to what we'd like, but actually hearing it as well, and acting upon it.

papersmile's photo
Wed 03/24/10 04:30 PM
Yes, I'm a little sloppy. Yes, I forget things. Yes, I eat poorly and smoke too much. She should get used to it or move on.

i'm always amused to read how people refuse to change, anything, for anyone, and then wonder why they are alone?

what's wrong with trying to do something for something you love, if only to make them happy and to show them how much you care of their opinion?

i'm not talking about core values here, but what's the big deal about picking up your socks if she asks you to and tells you that it bothers her? she should pack her bags and leave? over that?

papersmile's photo
Wed 03/24/10 03:09 PM
well these women are also using the words crap and bullsh1t in a general sense too, aren't they?

what's good for the goose is good for the gander no?

papersmile's photo
Wed 03/24/10 03:00 PM
You know, I have never complained about the way any woman behaved in any relationship I've been sense high school. I accept them unconditionally as they are.

http://mingle2.com/topic/show/268535

what's that you said about not complaining? laugh

papersmile's photo
Wed 03/24/10 02:54 PM
i think it's probably similar to the 'drama' that some men label us women as having.

papersmile's photo
Tue 03/23/10 04:22 PM
i prefer someone who's a little bit of both actually.

papersmile's photo
Mon 03/22/10 03:00 PM

success is whether he's achieved the goals which he set for himself.

some goals take longer than others....would him seriously trying to achieve those goals count as well?

while i don't think i'd count that as specifically and/or literally 'successful', i would say it speaks volumes about his character.

i see a lot of women that say that they want a man with drive/ambition. as a person with very little of either, i don't understand. is being content with your position acceptable? or is that only reserved for the wealthy?

where does wealth fall into that equation? can't a man can have drive without meaning that he needs a six (or more) figure income?

papersmile's photo
Mon 03/22/10 03:39 AM
success is whether he's achieved the goals which he set for himself.

papersmile's photo
Sat 03/20/10 04:10 PM

What a catch you are for a youngen, Scoundrel.
I bet they all talk about you during recess.

rofl

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25