Community > Posts By > papersmile

papersmile's photo
Fri 04/23/10 03:23 AM

All the people around here doing the virtual sucky face thing is getting kinda nauseating.sick

So for all of us who want to tell them to just ' Get a ROOM already '...

This is the room for you.

drinker

aren't they all the in the sex forums, getting laid by the person below them?

papersmile's photo
Thu 04/22/10 05:58 PM

happy birthday luis... one day early so i could post it lol!!laugh :wink: flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou smooched smooched smooched smooched smooched smooched

awww and i guess i'm one day late

happy birthday luis, i hope it was a fantastic day.

papersmile's photo
Thu 04/22/10 03:49 PM

I don't know but I'm getting tired of having some chicks who looked like they're emo looking at my profile. Well...some looks normal but most looks like they're EMO! Sorry! LMAO!

and what's so perfect about you that you get to poke fun at another's looks?

papersmile's photo
Thu 04/22/10 03:26 AM
well it's got 3 asterisks, so i'm assuming you mean my butt

let me tell you that it's too big up upload a picture that fits into the screen mingle provides!

papersmile's photo
Tue 04/20/10 03:42 AM
OK, reverse psychology doesn't work. I guess I figured someday someone would see the underlying humor of the whole thing and think "Well, I'll show him" -- maybe that's too far-fetched, something better left to a story in a book....?"

in the profile, yes, the humour comes across.

truthfully, however, many of your posts say the same thing and, when it's read repetitively, it tends to come across as being at least partially sincere.

papersmile's photo
Tue 04/20/10 03:38 AM
i'm really juvenile about stuff like that. most likely, i would have walked in with a face FULL of unflattering makeup. and then i would have (invariably) asked if they'd have a makeup lady to do my face in the mornings for me, just so i get the 'right' look.

i think so long as people look clean and and not shabbily-dressed that they are fine in most jobs (unless it was specifically in the dress code prior to my being hired0.

papersmile's photo
Tue 04/20/10 03:33 AM
i always have to laugh when i see women (and men) complaining that people should look on the inside to see the real beauty.

does that mean we should date people we find ugly?

i'm not saying that the inner qualities are not important - the two should really go hand in hand - but i'm not going to date someone to whom i am not attacted, no matter what anyone tells me.

papersmile's photo
Mon 04/19/10 06:01 PM

okay, in that case:

jerk!

argumentative, intimidating jerk!

*runs for cover behind my screen*

Technically, the correct form is "Arrogant Narcissistic Conceited Jerk."

It's like a comfy old coat....!

and here i was trying to be creative with my wordage and you shot that right down. no wonder people are intimidated!

papersmile's photo
Mon 04/19/10 05:36 PM
okay, in that case:

jerk!

argumentative, intimidating jerk!

*runs for cover behind my screen*

papersmile's photo
Mon 04/19/10 05:30 PM
They generally have someone else do it...

THAT is the most juvenile thing i've heard in regards to online dating. wow, it's so easy to hide behind a screen when being rejected.

i didn't mean to imply that YOU personally find that complimentary; only perhaps they think that is expected of them, much the same way people write general commonalities which they assume others are seeking.

i guess it beats being called a jerk or something!

papersmile's photo
Mon 04/19/10 05:05 PM

well the other thing i was gonna say to it (and i've been trying to think of a semi-tactful way to put it forward) is that since i don't really care who likes me, or who likes what i say, or even what i think, there's much less of a reason TO be intimated.

Exactly, AND I also think that someone who approaches me from a standpoint of already being intimidated before they know anything about me is probably going to leave a negative impression anyway. Why would I want to be with someone who is intimidated by me?

I'm more or less in the same boat you're in -- I don't much care what people think of me. This is who I am, take it or leave it, it's pretty basic.

don't you think, though, that if they ARE initiating contact that there isn't intimidation on their part, or at least not to any great extent. maybe they are trying to stroke your ego in some obscure way?

papersmile's photo
Mon 04/19/10 04:45 PM
well the other thing i was gonna say to it (and i've been trying to think of a semi-tactful way to put it forward) is that since i don't really care who likes me, or who likes what i say, or even what i think, there's much less of a reason TO be intimated.

papersmile's photo
Mon 04/19/10 04:34 PM
i think a lot of it has to do with self-confidence.

i'm not intimidated by lex. i might not be able to match him word for word, but i bet i give him a little run for his money. bigsmile

papersmile's photo
Mon 04/19/10 04:31 PM
there's nothing wrong with being treated nicely; we all want that. however, there's more to it than just that, otherwise every nice guy would have a gal, or two, on his arm, all the time.

papersmile's photo
Sat 04/17/10 05:44 PM
THAT's what potato bugs look like out there?

he might have done a number on the toothpick, but i bet he'd be no match for the bottom of a flip flop!

papersmile's photo
Sat 04/17/10 05:31 PM
Edited by papersmile on Sat 04/17/10 05:31 PM
i'd comment, but i'm too intimidated to post in this thread. bigsmile

papersmile's photo
Sat 04/17/10 05:30 PM
or it could just all be make believe?

papersmile's photo
Fri 04/16/10 03:00 AM

but then it ceases to remain long distance!

Isn't that kinda the idea???

LMAO

well no, not really, not for me. like melody, i like my own time and i am usually happiest when there's a pleasant mix of being together, and not being together.

however, it seems there's a big difference between what i refer to as long distance and what others do.

robin and i are long distance. we're about 1,200 hundred miles (3 days of driving) and close to a grand when we fly. if we could somehow shorten that gap to the same country and a couple hundred of miles apart, i'd be in my absolute glory.

papersmile's photo
Thu 04/15/10 04:07 PM
but then it ceases to remain long distance!

papersmile's photo
Thu 04/15/10 04:01 PM
But if you really click with someone, distance is only a number

haha add a lot of zeros to that number. what if you click with someone who's so far away that each return flight costs thousands of dollars?

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25