Community > Posts By > papersmile

papersmile's photo
Fri 03/19/10 08:12 AM
Edited by papersmile on Fri 03/19/10 08:13 AM
as if Texas has any credibility or respect for what any San Francisco left wing nut thinks about what we do

while I don't agree with the revisions that the text book committee is considering, this San Francisco sushi-eating, sandal wearing, pony tailed, volvo driver is just as delusional in his liberalistic interpretation of history. It's not a matter of revising history to fit to an ideology. Its a matter of whose ideology do you want it to fit to. both equally disgusting to me

-Quietman, March 19

papersmile's photo
Tue 03/16/10 07:35 PM

i don't think i'd ask questions during the initial emails and/or meets. i'd much rather just see if i enjoyed the flow the conversation.

That's what I prefer as well. If questions come up, that's cool. I don't want to feel like I'm being interviewed, though. And I certainly don't want to sit there and ask someone else a list of questions. I find that if you actually have conversations, you find out things anyway.

It's only for fun. And no one said it's the Spanish Inquisition. I asked a question...one questionslaphead

oh

in THAT case, i'd ask him if he prefers the toilet paper rolled out from the top, or the bottom.

papersmile's photo
Tue 03/16/10 11:51 AM
i don't think i'd ask questions during the initial emails and/or meets. i'd much rather just see if i enjoyed the flow the conversation.

papersmile's photo
Tue 03/16/10 09:07 AM
Edited by papersmile on Tue 03/16/10 09:08 AM
why don't you just post a photo of your juicy yellow bone? that way, no one will recognize your face and you can stay incognito?

papersmile's photo
Tue 03/16/10 08:59 AM
priorities change on a daily basis and i don't believe that anyone should always come first; that includes parents, children, friends, significant other.

it depends on the current need of the person.

papersmile's photo
Tue 03/16/10 08:46 AM
Edited by papersmile on Tue 03/16/10 08:46 AM
having babies?
sex?

isn't that an example of apples and oranges?

i don't know very many women who actually LIKE to HAVE babies. it kind of hurts. bigsmile

papersmile's photo
Tue 03/16/10 08:39 AM
there was talk, recently, in toronto about taking organs from those who had been killed even if there was no donor card signed.

the idea was to get people to become more aware of the need to donate and to specifically state 'no organ donation' as opposed to just leaving it all unsaid.

i don't agree - while i believe that organ donation is a great gift to give to someone when you no longer need what you have, i also believe it is our own choice as to what to do with our bodies, alive or dead.

papersmile's photo
Tue 03/16/10 08:35 AM
comfortable rapport and sparking chemistry get me every time

papersmile's photo
Tue 03/16/10 08:32 AM
faded levis, scruffy hair, white t-shirt and flip flops

and guys who wear aprons (and deliver breakfast in bed)

papersmile's photo
Fri 03/12/10 05:06 AM
i never did like the smell of women's perfume. i always find it much too heavily-scented. i prefer the smell of freshly-washed hair and soap, preferably a citrus variety.

however, my daughter did buy me some melon-scented body spritz and cream from la senza which i will wear.

papersmile's photo
Fri 03/12/10 04:58 AM
money? did you say 'money'? drool

papersmile's photo
Fri 03/12/10 03:49 AM
thanks everyone for your suggestions.

the back pain is totally gone now and i'm even able to put quite a bit of pressure down on my foot.

i went for another xray and this time they suggested a boot. THAT really helped with the walking, so much so that i was able to drop the 5 lbs that i put on since laying on the couch! it was pretty embarassing when i'd sit down at work and my button would explode and zipper come down blushing . i was taking to wearing extra long shirts to work haha.

in fact, i think today i just might manage to put on a pair of flip flops. after that big boot (and my granny slipper) i just might feel a little bit feminine and pretty. (but still miss my 3" pumps!)

papersmile's photo
Wed 03/10/10 03:42 PM

we all been there, we got together with someone then spilt up so i am curious what do you think true love is ?

why do you think so many relationships don't last long ?

i don't necessarily believe that all relationships need to last forever in order to be considered 'true love' or successful

i think that sometimes people come into your lives at moments when you need them and that once that need has been fulfilled, being together isn't always the end result.

papersmile's photo
Wed 03/10/10 03:25 PM
seeing as you're a mod, maybe charles could help you with her email address she used to make the account? bigsmile

papersmile's photo
Tue 03/09/10 03:11 AM
writing's kind of cool 'cause you get the chance to edit what exactly it is you want to say.

sometimes i shoot from the hip and wish i could have worded it better. writing allows for contemplation and insertion of a little tact and diplomacy.

nothing takes the place of human interaction though, looking at someone while you're speaking, and seeing their facial expressions while they talk to you.

papersmile's photo
Mon 03/08/10 02:58 AM

so what would you consider romantic?

I can give many examples but this one is shortest to type out :tongue:

Romance is about being sentimental and personal. For example; a girlfriend once caught a cold and was bedridden. So I went to the store and bought a box of Kleenex and carefully opened it from the bottom. Then I gently removed the Kleenex and wrote love notes on around 30 of the Kleenex and then intertwined them with the regular Kleenex at different intervals. Then I put them all back in the box, resealed the box, and gave them to her to use. Of course she didn't know what was inside, and she thought it was just a regular box of Kleenex until she surprisingly pulled out the first love note that I wrote for her... When I came back to check on her 20 minutes later she had pulled all of the Kleenex out of the box, just so she could read all of the love notes laugh Because it was personal and she knew that I was thinking about her, it was romantic to her... Another time (around Easter) she casually told me that she wished that she could just buy a bag of orange jelly beans, instead of the bags that had mixed flavors. So I went to the store and bought around 60 bags of jelly beans and made for her one bag that contained just the orange ones for her... She cried when she saw it laugh When you're romantic you are showing her that you are thinking about her. Being romantic is different for each person. You have to ‘learn’ what they like - and then taylor the romantic event around those things...

that's EXACTLY it!

and providing it isn't done on a too-regular basis, so that it loses its special spell, that's ideal.

papersmile's photo
Mon 03/08/10 02:53 AM
Some people like to live in fantasy land. Too bad they end up wasting people's time with that commitment before meeting crap.

if both people achieve something through that emotional, virtual-only, attachment, then explain how it is crap?

if no one is leading the other on, lying, etc., then what harm is it how they carry on their affair?

i believe that certain people pass through our lives at moments when we greatly need them. i don't necessarily believe that all relationships must be ones of tradition, and i don't necessarily believe in forevers anymore either.

papersmile's photo
Sun 03/07/10 09:47 PM

I wonder how many people have met on a dating site for real and got what they are looking for?

<------ me

papersmile's photo
Sun 03/07/10 09:46 PM
i hardly ever watch movies so i couldn't even tell you who is (was) up for an award or whether or not someone was grossly overpaid for their role.

i just like watching them all walk the red carpet and see what they're wearing. bigsmile

papersmile's photo
Sun 03/07/10 04:44 PM
there's a lot of things i'd rank as being more important to me in a relationship than romance.

so long as someone is kind and thoughtful, that's romantic enough for me.

yes, too much demonstrativeness can be stifling as well as damper the spontaneity.

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25